New to forum

Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
MLKane
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

New to forum

Post by MLKane »

Hey, call me Markus, I'm new to the forum, but not new to roleplaying or Call of Cthulhu, I usually use the Invisible Castle site to roll dice but if you've got a preference let me know, I'm not sure what the site norm is. I wouldn't say I'm experienced, but I enjoy the game and I'm willing to kill off my characters if it'll be good fun or they're at the end of their rope. I'll play pretty much anything, I'm most used to classic CoC but I'll play any of the expansions or themed adventures using the system.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: New to forum

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Markus! Most of the games here, including mine, use Invisible Castle for dice rolling. You'd be welcome to join any or all of my games. The newest game I'm running is The Terror Out of Time, a Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu adventure set in 1930 London. The game started ten months ago and is getting close to finishing, but I can still add you in if you're willing to take over a character that has been abandoned and do a lot of catching up. It's a bit late to add in new characters from 1930, though there may be an opportunity to introduce some police constables at the very end. This is the first in a planned series of adventures. The second one, which I hope to start this summer, will be called The Ninth Planet and is set in the future. However, that one will only have pregenerated characters (aside from the surviving TARDIS crew from the first game).

I run two other games here that you could join as well. They've been going for a long time. Space Oddity is set in 1969 Philadelphia and is inspired by Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. It's been running for over two years, but it's moving fairly slowly. Many characters have been abandoned, and I only have three active players at the moment. Zombie Apocalypse is modern non-Mythos survival horror, though it has its own similar mythology. That game has been going for five years, but it wouldn't be too hard to jump in with little or no catching up. You could choose pregenerated characters and/or you could create your own. Chapter 6 is winding down, and Chapter 7 should be starting this summer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
MLKane
Layman
Layman

Post by MLKane »

Thanks Mr Handy, I checked out the games you mentioned and they all look very interesting! I'd love to join all three games, but I don't really have a preference for a character in Space Oddity or Terror Out Of Time, just tell me who would be easiest for you and I'll be happy to play them. As for Zombie Apocalypse, I'd like to play either Regimental Sergeant Major Raymond Crew, Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez or Kate Wheeler, I don't really mind which though :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome! For The Terror Out of Time, you could take over the part of Gareth Hayes, security guard for the British Museum, but you'd have to read a lot in order to catch up on what he's done so far. Alternatively, you can create a police constable character from 1930. There's a chance that some constables will be showing up for the finale, but it's also possible that everything will be over before they arrive. For Space Oddity, you can either take over one of the abandoned characters or create one of your own. It's really up to you which characters you want to play, as I have no preference.

For Zombie Apocalypse, you get to play multiple characters. The limit is four, but three is the recommended number, so you could play all of the characters you selected if you wish. The characters in Gold probably won't have anything to do until Chapter 7. Kate Wheeler will have things to do before Chapter 6 ends, but you should know that she currently has a broken leg and is being held prisoner before you decide if you want to play her. You'll also need to do a lot of back reading to catch up on what she's done, since she was added at the start of Chapter 4. You may also create one character of your own each in the Gold and Omaha sections. The instructions are in the next-to-last post in the Rules and Guidelines thread in the main forum. If you have any questions, or if you wish to confirm that you're selecting characters or post characters you've created, you should post in the Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread in the main forum. You can't create characters in the Sword section, but there will be new characters added to it for Chapter 7, so you may want to keep a character slot open for one of them.

EDIT: Gareth Hayes has been claimed by another player, so your only option for The Terror Out of Time is to create a police constable.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MLKane
Layman
Layman

Post by MLKane »

Thanks, when do you want the bio for the copper for TOoT?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You can create your character any time you're ready. It'll be a little while before I can introduce you into play, so feel free to take your time. You can post your character in the Companion's Companion thread in the main forum for The Terror Out of Time, and if you have any questions you can ask me there. The instructions are in the initial post in that thread, though since you're local to 1930, you should make a Wealth roll. It probably won't come into play at this stage, however.

Your character will be based in the Limehouse, a poor neighborhood in East London with a large immigrant population.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Players Looking For Games”