Fiction by ghill

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Chapter 1 - comments & commentary

Post by ghill »

Its a bit rough and ready I'm afraid but I thought it better to post this than, spending days going over it. Any glaring spelling and punctuation errors (there will be loads I suspect) please don't hesitate to yell.

G
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Chapter 1 - comments & commentary

Post by Tabs »

I enjoyed it more than The Sap. The details seemed authentic--I recall you were in the army, ghill, which made the story credible and enjoyable. Occasionally there were words missing or misplaced, but, hell, we all do that!

I tried War and Peace when younger and, like Holden (and you?), gave up on it.

Maybe change "Chapter 1" to a chapter heading, something catchy.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Tabs, I first picked up W&P when 11 and couldn't really handle the names, I read, but couldn't remember who was who. I then picked it up while working abroad thinking it would take me ages to read, but the older me devoured it in the same time span as Holden.

My son also 11 has asked to try it, I just gave him the very same copy I read 37 years ago. :shock:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I noticed a number of spelling and grammar errors when reading it. I don't remember where they were, but it's probably something you'd notice on a careful reading. I did enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

I've always liked reading long, epic books, even when I was little, but I never got around to reading any of War and Peace. I did recently watch the new miniseries, but that's no substitute. My dad was reading it on his Nook some time ago (he likes long books as well), and he was most of the way done then, so he's probably finished it by now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Holden's Story”