OOC - Campaign Talk

At last the stars are almost right!

Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably — but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much. Now they must survive long enough to make sense of what they know, and take resolute action.

Masks of Nyarlathotep is a Lovecraftian exercise in horror and mystery. This Call of Cthulhu roleplaying classic is a series of linked adventures forming one long and unforgettable campaign. Horrifying deeds and dangerous sorcery dog those who dare attempt to unravel the fate of the Carlyle Expedition

Moderator: Quatermass

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: OOC - Campaign Talk

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I know how it is. Keep on!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

No worries, we're here and eager to roll :)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Quatermass »

Throughout the majority of the United States it would not be the least bit difficult for someone with cash to purchase a firearm. Just walk into a hardware store and you might find a few rifles, shotguns and pistols for sale. There's no "realistic" way to prevent most player characters from purchasing firearms in the United States. You just throw your money on the counter and walk away with your weapon without so much as a background check, a waiting period or even someone asking you if you're a convicted felon. While legal, something like a Thompson is a little harder to come by. They cost around $200 (or maybe $250) which was an astronomical price at the time. A retailer who sold guns was unlikely to have one in stock because he was unlikely to ever sell it.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Roger already owns a certain number of hunting rifles, but I think something more discreet would be in order when moving around NYC :D Probably a few handgun would be enough, one for each of us.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Ritterton »

Take a look a look at the
Sullivan Act though
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Re: NEW YORK TRANSIT LINES

Post by Ritterton »

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Hey folks - on the road with a few fun events in Portland and then Seattle for the next few days - including the Sunday portion of Emerald City ComiCon...which should be a lot of fun. I will have my phone on me and so can post shorter replies and such. just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Take care!
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Back and had a great time in Portland and Seattle.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome back, we were just about to jump into the action... :D
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Ok, anyone know if Quartermass is ok? I thought maybe I was causing us a hold up..but see that that isn't the case.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I haven't heard from him in ten days. A short span of time, here. I'd like to see some PCs at the hotel lobby to get some interaction going.
See you when you're ready Q.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I'm hesitant to venture further with this one, without our Keeper. So, I'm refraining from posting more until Quatermass returns.
See you all at that time.
/Dave
TVblog

Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

I tend to agree Dave. So, Roger, Horatio and I are on the subway over to Brooklyn and those rides can take a bit of time, ;)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

I'm afraid this one's going to the Graveyard...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sadly, you're probably right. The good news is that Raiko has returned and will be picking up his game of Masks. If some of the former players don't return, there may be openings.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Quatermass's Masks of Nyarlathotep”