Page 1 of 1

OOC - Campaign Talk

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:26 am
by Quatermass

Masks of Nyarlathotep

The out of character tread to talk about the game.

Re: OOC - Campaign Talk

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:14 am
by Quatermass
While this game will begin in the first part of 1925 in New York City. I plan on some prologue vignettes in which the characters build relationships with each other and with Jackson Elias. I have posted important information about Jackson Elias in the NPC thread.
viewtopic.php?f=358&t=5624

Character creation will be standard for the 6th edition rules. If you roll up a terrible character, I will allow a reroll.

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:17 am
by Quatermass
Mr. Handy, Amy Lawrence is a great character and will fit perfectly into the campaign.

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
Thank you! I'm looking forward to starting.

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:08 am
by Overlord87
I'll need a few days to read and prepare. As soon as I'm ready I'll post the character, perhaps around next weekend if that's fine for you.

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 pm
by Quatermass
Overlord87 wrote:I'll need a few days to read and prepare. As soon as I'm ready I'll post the character, perhaps around next weekend if that's fine for you.
Ok sound good.

Make sure you have some connection with Jackson Elias. The NPC that I posted.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:13 am
by DrPeterson
Could someone look up the Occupational skills for the Explorer?
I can't find my Investigator's Companion.

Cheers!

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:36 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:Could someone look up the Occupational skills for the Explorer?
I can't find my Investigator's Companion.

Cheers!
I don't but I can through together an Explorer skill set for you.

Climb
Natural History
Other Language
Navigate
Spot Hidden
Swim
Track
One skill of your choice

Does that look ok to you?

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:54 pm
by DrPeterson
Sounds good.
Would you mind if I added Anthropology and Sneak to that list?

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:26 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Hello chaps, Dave here, will be lurking to see what terrific fun you're going to have.
(You do know that Carnage_Lee has updated his Dhole house Character Generator, right?)

My manners are out the door. Welcome to the boards, Quatermass & Overlord87!
Nods at Mr.Handy and Dr.Peterson 8-)

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:21 pm
by Quatermass
Hi Dave! Nice to have a lurker. ;)

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:22 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:Sounds good.
Would you mind if I added Anthropology and Sneak to that list?
Well you could drop one of the skills (Swim maybe) and then use your skill of your choice to get those two skills.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:40 pm
by DrPeterson
Why do I get the feeling that a Swim check is going to be the instrumental point in this campaign? :)

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:42 pm
by DrPeterson
Hey Dave, long time no see!

And no, I didn't know.
I'll go check it out forthwith.

Edit: Alas, no Explorer profession!

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:45 pm
by Dave Syrinx

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:02 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Cliff_Alex_Thomas.pdf
(175.94 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Just for confirmation that it works!
(The only thing that didn't register was my points in Shotgun skill...)

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:02 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:Why do I get the feeling that a Swim check is going to be the instrumental point in this campaign? :)

Looks over campaign. I dont think so.......................... Well maybe at the last climactic battle...... 8-)

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:49 am
by Mr. Handy
Oh, good, I have points in Swim! Too bad I can't fight. ;)

Welcome back, Dave! :D

The Investigator's Companion lists the following skills for Explorer: Climb, Dodge, Firearms, First Aid, History, Jump, Medicine, Natural History, Navigate, Other Language, Photography, Swim, possibly Archaeology, Anthropology, or other scholarly skill. This is more than eight skills, but I'd guess you'd just choose a selection. The 7th Edition occupational skill list for Explorer (from The Well of Sacrifice) is: Climb or Swim, Firearms, History, Jump, Natural World, Navigate, Other Language, and Survival. All of the gun skills got folded into FIrearms in 7th, Natural World is Natural History, and Survival is a new skill added in that edition.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:29 am
by DrPeterson
Quatermass,
would your prefer my taking your toned down occupation list, or do I take the Swim-heavy list from the Companion? :)

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:24 pm
by Quatermass
The 6th edition lists pretty much have 8 occupational skills. I would prefer that. As long as you have 8 that's fine by me.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:12 am
by Overlord87
I've rolled a strange set of attributes for my character, remembering me why I love and hate systems with random characters generation :D anyway, I like to build around what I have, so no problem.
I have one question though. I have a POW of 8, resulting in a very low value of Sanity. I have no problem going crazy fast, but would that cause trouble for the campaign?

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:12 am
by carnage_lee
Syrinx wrote:Hello chaps, Dave here, will be lurking to see what terrific fun you're going to have.
(You do know that Carnage_Lee has updated his Dhole house Character Generator, right?)

My manners are out the door. Welcome to the boards, Quatermass & Overlord87!
Nods at Mr.Handy and Dr.Peterson 8-)
Hi, just to clarify.... the 'updated' section that Dave mentioned is released as a beta on beta.dholeshouse.org/ there are probably a few kinks in the system to be ironed out yet. You're welcome to sign up (you need an account to use the character generator).

I've almost gotten a new 'beta release' ready - this adds the ability to choose a character portrait (from a bank of images) or upload your own, and a 'character upload' feature which is more flexible than the 'Character Generator' and does not use any character templates.

If you do use the site, your login will work on both (beta and regular) - the beta is more up to date.

I plan to release the beta as the full site in the new year.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:24 am
by carnage_lee
This roll can also be embedded in the forum here:
A dice Roll,[dhdr]5c159006-aad0-4827-981c-b876dcdf3e49[/dhdr]

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:17 pm
by Quatermass
Overlord87 wrote:I've rolled a strange set of attributes for my character, remembering me why I love and hate systems with random characters generation :D anyway, I like to build around what I have, so no problem.
I have one question though. I have a POW of 8, resulting in a very low value of Sanity. I have no problem going crazy fast, but would that cause trouble for the campaign?
It is a long campaign so its up to you. If you want to reroll that is fine with me.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:27 pm
by Overlord87
Quatermass wrote:
Overlord87 wrote:I've rolled a strange set of attributes for my character, remembering me why I love and hate systems with random characters generation :D anyway, I like to build around what I have, so no problem.
It is a long campaign so its up to you. If you want to reroll that is fine with me.
No, I'm fine with going horribly mad. My question is: will I be able to replace him midway or would that be impractical?
I have no knowledge of the campaign, so perhaps it would be hard to have a new investigator join in the group once we start. If that's the case, I'll try to roll a more mentally solid investigator - I would like to see the campaign through the end.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:47 pm
by Quatermass
Even with tougher characters there is a real chance of having to replace characters through out the game. And if we need to replace one or two we can work that out when it happens. No problem.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:52 pm
by Overlord87
Quatermass wrote:Even with tougher characters there is a real chance of having to replace characters through out the game. And if we need to replace one or two we can work that out when it happens. No problem.
OK, I'll keep him as rolled then. I prefer it this way.

I'll post the complete character in the weekend ;)

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:43 am
by DrPeterson
I was thinking about having my dude be attached to the SOAS in London, that might be an interesting and plausible way to attract new investigators.

I'll flesh out the story and numbers later today.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:28 am
by Overlord87
Ok, I've posted the numbers for now. I have the background ready as well, will add late today or tomorrow when I have time.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:09 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:I was thinking about having my dude be attached to the SOAS in London, that might be an interesting and plausible way to attract new investigators.

I'll flesh out the story and numbers later today.

To get your character in New York City, how about you are on a lecture tour of the U.S. and are currently in New York.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:11 pm
by Quatermass
Overlord87 wrote:Ok, I've posted the numbers for now. I have the background ready as well, will add late today or tomorrow when I have time.
A Farmer! That's interesting. :)

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:13 pm
by Overlord87
Quatermass wrote:
Overlord87 wrote:Ok, I've posted the numbers for now. I have the background ready as well, will add late today or tomorrow when I have time.
A Farmer! That's interesting. :)
Yeah, it was a fun exercise, creating this character :D I've added the background, let me know if it could work for you ;)

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:39 pm
by Quatermass
I think he is inspired! Great Work!

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:51 pm
by Quatermass
Ok, just a few thoughts.

I want this to be a dynamic game. But for that to happen we it will require some effort from me and you. I know that most games on here tend to go with a slow pace. That is one thing I don't want to happen to this game. People will lose interest and the game will die.

I check these boards several times a day (mostly). All I ask is that we work to make this a great game and have some fun with it. If you can 3-4 posts a week should be a minimum that would be fine. If you will be away for a while just let me know. ;)

and

Since we have three completed characters (Amy Lawrence, Roger J. Edwards, and Horatio A. Stokes) I am going to start with the prologue vignettes for each character. They will mainly consist of your character's interactions with Jackson Elias. They will not be very long but hopely they will provide a personally connection and history between your character and Jackson.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:56 pm
by DrPeterson
Lecture tour sounds great!

And I usually check the boards at least daily.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:56 pm
by Quatermass
I looks like kabukiman is going to join the crew. :)

I don't know about Ritterton. He has sent me a couple of PM's but he has not posted in the game forum at all.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:00 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:Lecture tour sounds great!

And I usually check the boards at least daily.
I start to get worried if I check the boards and nothing has happened after 10 minutes. :lol:

DrPeterson, I am thinking that your prologue will be in the Congo in 1920. Your picture has inspired me.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:07 pm
by DrPeterson
Excellent! Tally ho and away we go!

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:20 pm
by DrPeterson
I've trimmed down the list from the Companion and made this selection, taking care to include Swim ;)

Climb, Firearms, First Aid, Natural History, Navigate, Other Language, Swim, Anthropology

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy
I can usually post once per day, but I probably can't get online multiple times per day, especially during the week when I have to work. You might want to follow the Absence Announcements thread in the Lounge, which I created years ago. That's where I post to let everyone know that I'm going to be away. I'm in so many games here that it would be difficult to let each Keeper know individually. I have no plans to go anywhere until February.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:55 pm
by Dave Syrinx
I could un-lurk and make meself a char.
If you'd have me...

I'll be at your service, master.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:59 pm
by kabukiman
Can I use the same character from Raiko campaign? It's an archaeologist. Or should I create a new one?

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:05 pm
by Dave Syrinx
*Nods at Kabs*

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:50 pm
by Quatermass
Syrinx wrote:I could un-lurk and make meself a char.
If you'd have me...

I'll be at your service, master.
If you want to play then there is a seat at the table. :D

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:51 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Then, I'll pull out a chair and join in.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:51 pm
by Quatermass
kabukiman wrote:Can I use the same character from Raiko campaign? It's an archaeologist. Or should I create a new one?
That would be fine. Mr.Handy's character is a archaeology student but two in the group would be ok I think.

edit - Ah they are both from Raiko's campaign and already have a connection. Very good!

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:53 pm
by Quatermass
With Syrinx and kabukiman joining that makes six player characters. That will be my limit and it gives us some flexablity in case we have someone drop out.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:56 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Added my character to the proper thread.
Spoiler:
Gerald Thomson III

Explorer and author of Asian Travel Routes revisited.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:55 pm
by Ritterton
Just got mine uploaded and I hope right. Sorry this is a hectic week and weekend in my little town with a host of events going on that have me helping.

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:38 pm
by Quatermass
Ritterton wrote:Just got mine uploaded and I hope right. Sorry this is a hectic week and weekend in my little town with a host of events going on that have me helping.
thanks ok. :D

What occupation did you use? I don't see a Reasearcher.
And you just have 7 occupational skills, you should have 8.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:50 am
by Ritterton
Quatermass wrote:
Ritterton wrote:Just got mine uploaded and I hope right. Sorry this is a hectic week and weekend in my little town with a host of events going on that have me helping.
thanks ok. :D

What occupation did you use? I don't see a Reasearcher.
And you just have 7 occupational skills, you should have 8.
I think what we did was use the private as the basis for the student/clerk concept, the profession was an enlistee in the army. Looking at his bio, I suspect the 8th should be appraise and some percentage in that. BUT, now I am not sure what that percentage should be Quartermass. I put a * by that in the character sheet as an edit to just let it be identified.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Just because you have eight occupational skills doesn't mean you have to put points into all of them, so that should be fine. One thing to keep in mind is that some work still needs to be done to finish converting him from 7th to 6th edition. The skill list and base levels are different. Appraise doesn't even exist in 6th edition.

Welcome, Syrinx and Kabukiman! :D

Amy is a history student, though she has studied some archaeology. Michael is much better at it than she is, but she has other areas where she excels. There's some overlap, but that gives us some depth on our team, and they're different enough characters.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:43 am
by Ritterton
Mr. Handy wrote:Just because you have eight occupational skills doesn't mean you have to put points into all of them, so that should be fine. One thing to keep in mind is that some work still needs to be done to finish converting him from 7th to 6th edition. The skill list and base levels are different. Appraise doesn't even exist in 6th edition.
Thanks Handy, so I copied over the skill list from your character then transferred the points from Artemis' 7th sheet. I made notes and hope you and Quatermass can take a look at how I did it and if it makes sense. Appreciate the critique and the hope.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:41 am
by Dave Syrinx
Master Quatermass, is my jpg sufficient or do you want a text transfer as per Mr. Handy's guide?
Thanks for the welcome back, guys.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:03 pm
by Quatermass
the jpg looks good.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:37 pm
by Dave Syrinx
As briefly put in the description of
Mr Thomson, he is waiting for a meeting with Jonah Kensington at the N.Y. office. He has hung his winter coat on a wooden butler and a bowler hat next to it. A manilla folder is being nursed in his lap as he eyes a secretary typing away at a Remington. He smiles at her and pats the folder. February always makes Gerald wish he was in Capetown. New York always dreary and damp. Beats Dublin, though. The mists of the hills of green have a mystery he always had liked, but the chill that came with the fog he could live without.

Well, weather is what makes life changeable. Like seasons of life itself. He likes to think he's experiencing an early fall, personally. Who admires the early summers of the opposite sex. Even late spring at times.

The secretary would classify as a July.
(Sorry about stealing some ooc space for ic-flavour.)

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:44 pm
by Quatermass
Ritterton wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:Just because you have eight occupational skills doesn't mean you have to put points into all of them, so that should be fine. One thing to keep in mind is that some work still needs to be done to finish converting him from 7th to 6th edition. The skill list and base levels are different. Appraise doesn't even exist in 6th edition.
Thanks Handy, so I copied over the skill list from your character then transferred the points from Artemis' 7th sheet. I made notes and hope you and Quatermass can take a look at how I did it and if it makes sense. Appreciate the critique and the hope.

Your skills look good now. Thanks.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:26 pm
by Dave Syrinx
An African Queen has just registered at the site. She'll probably stumble in here at some time.
It would be nice to broaden the geographical spectrum of our crew to mimic the game itself.
Just my two cents.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:00 am
by kabukiman
Just posted my char. I hope everything is ok.

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 pm
by Dave Syrinx
I'm really excited about this. What's the schedule saying about when the pre-game begins?

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:14 pm
by Quatermass
Dave wrote:I'm really excited about this. What's the schedule saying about when the pre-game begins?
Was busy the past couple of days. Will get things going and hopefully will get the game started on friday.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:50 pm
by kabukiman
Dave wrote:*Nods at Kabs*
Hi Syrinx!

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:45 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Sorry for leaving you for so long. We'll have a great time, I'm sure.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:56 pm
by Ritterton
Friday will be great. Can't wait.

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
That works perfectly for me too. I don't have much time during the week, but I have a little during weekends. Looking forward to getting underway!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:49 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Thomson is getting up and approaches the secretary with an inquiringly raised eye brow. "Is Mr Kensington accepting visitors, this fine day?"

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:57 am
by Overlord87
Well well, happy birthday Quatermass :D

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:51 am
by Dave Syrinx
Just checking in with the crowd. Are we having all pieces for a start-up over the weekend?
I've spotted most of the participants and figured we'd all say hi and get a heads up if anyone needs a respite.

I'll be away from the board tomorrow due to a coffee reception I'm having. I'll be checking my inbox for development and will reply accordingly at night.

Cheers!

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:49 am
by Ritterton
We have folks in Philadelphia, Sweden, South Africa if I recall correctly, Olympic Peninsula and I think in UK...wow...pretty amazing.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:38 am
by Mr. Handy
That's one of the great things about play-by-post. You can play with people all over the world.

I'm ready to play, but I'll have less time once the weekend ends.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:29 am
by RonaHattingh
I am ready to play, I am on school holiday, so have lots of time to fall in and play.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 am
by Overlord87
Ritterton wrote:We have folks in Philadelphia, Sweden, South Africa if I recall correctly, Olympic Peninsula and I think in UK...wow...pretty amazing.
And Italy here ;)

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:36 am
by Dave Syrinx
Forza Italia!

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:30 pm
by kabukiman
I'm from Portugal...

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:36 pm
by Quatermass
Houston, Texas here

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:40 pm
by Quatermass
RonaHattingh,

Just a few things. Your musician has no points in the arts (song, musical instruments, etc..)

And take out the part about your parents where killed by some supernatural being. I want the starting characters to not have had any interaction with the supernatural.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:54 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Hi! I edited Rona's sheet as I had the generator files. The art skills were dropped in the process. A glitch, I guess. Added a picture showing them allocated.
She'll edit the backstory when she sees your post.
Cheers and have a great week!
/Dave

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:03 pm
by Quatermass
Also,

That Martial Arts rating of 70% is wasting 20% since her Fist attack is at 50%.

Martial Arts (01%) Use in combination with an attack with Fist/Punch, Head Butt, Kick, or Grapple. If the attack roll is equal to or less than the attacker’s Martial Arts percentage, the attack does double damage: thus Fist/Punch would do 2D3 plus normal damage bonus. Martial Arts doubles the damage done if the attack strikes home, but do not double any damage bonus.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:06 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Oh, I didn't know that. She'll have to swap some points from MA to something else then.
Well spotted!

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:09 pm
by Quatermass
Dave wrote:Oh, I didn't know that. She'll have to swap some points from MA to something else then.
Well spotted!
Marga is the biggest, strongest, and most educated character in the group. Also the least intelligent. ;)

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:19 pm
by Dave Syrinx
A big entertainer and a strong voice :D .
As in real life.

I guess you need a well rounded body to carry the voice when singing opera?

Knowing her, Thomson will realize his friend will not be a wall flower and he'll do his best to keep her level headed.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:20 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Quatermass, do you have a preference for us writing posts?

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:23 pm
by Quatermass
Dave wrote:Quatermass, do you have a preference for us writing posts?
No not really. I am pretty easy.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:27 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Then, I'll sit back and relax. Assured that all things will turn out sweet as apple pie. Good to be on this side of the game for once.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:23 pm
by Quatermass
Ok the game thread is up. We are starting at a party in New York City. You have been invited some way or another. Jackson Elias and Jonah Kensington are both there. Just jump in and have fun.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:00 am
by Quatermass
Rona, make a Art: Singing check.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:43 am
by RonaHattingh
Thank you Quatermass. And thank you Dave for your help.

I made the necessary changes and will change my background history.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:59 am
by RonaHattingh
Mmm...I am the most educated, but least intelligent person among you, this will be interesting to play.

Btw. I think my character needs to go on a diet!

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:29 pm
by Quatermass
I apoligize in advance for all that I am about to put Amy through. :cry:

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:35 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Ouch! That was... :roll: Sooo not mono, really stereo-typical. This is why I love this kind of game. It's like watching a movie. All be it you can nudge the story where you'd like it to go.
And...poor Amy.

Barely used red handkerchief at Thomson. Will lend out if needed. :D

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, poor Amy. :cry: Of course, I did know what I was in for when I signed up for this and set myself up for it, so no apologies are necessary.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:05 pm
by Quatermass
I am going to bring the party to a close. You now have met the other people and done some socializing. Everyone knows Jackson one way or another.

What I need know is to know what your character is going to be doing for the next several months. At least until the end of the year.

Also I would like for Amy and Marga to become friends and hang out together.

Marga, if she is not going with Gerald to Africa, is offered a job as a singer in the Ziegfeld Follies on Broadway.

As for the hunting trip to Roger's farm, I don't think we will roleplay that but any characters that go will have a fun time shooting rabbits and turkeys.

I will also let every character make a improvement role in one skill of their choice as long as you can justify it during the next several months. The hunting trip would be a good reason to improve rifle or shotgun, studying at school to improve Archaeology, etc....

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:17 pm
by Mr. Handy
That works for me. Amy will hang out with Marga, and she will continue her studies at Columbia starting in September. I'll try to improve Archaeology (41% skill):
[dice]0[/dice]
I rolled less than or equal to my skill, so there's no improvement.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:03 pm
by Overlord87
Roger will stay in his farm, as usual. I'll take Electrical Repair as skill to improve, no other player has it and it could prove useful. Perhaps Roger had to fix something, a piece of machinery or something in the house.

Anyway, i rolled a 68: http://orokos.com/roll/353963 Successful improvement :D
Then a 8: http://orokos.com/roll/353965

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:39 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Gerald will join in on the hunting and improves his shotgun handling.
http://www.dholeshouse.org/Tools/DiceVe ... ef13deca19

http://www.dholeshouse.org/Tools/DiceVe ... 35110be38a

3 points of Shotgun = 63% in skill.

The months after the hunting trip, Gerald will spend preparing the Morocco trip of the now decided date March 7th 1925.

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:27 am
by kabukiman
Anderson will join Roger in a hunting trip.
http://orokos.com/roll/354119
http://orokos.com/roll/354120
So, I increase rifle in 10. points.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:17 am
by RonaHattingh
Marga hangs out with Amy, becoming fast friends, teaching her to be more in control of her feelings around Jackson.

Marga accepts the job as a singer in the Ziegfeld Follies on Broadway, until she can join Gerald on the Morocco trip of the now decided date March 7th 1925.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:28 pm
by Quatermass
Rona dont forget you can try and improve one skill.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:11 pm
by carnage_lee
Dave wrote:Gerald will join in on the hunting and improves his shotgun handling.
http://www.dholeshouse.org/Tools/DiceVe ... ef13deca19

http://www.dholeshouse.org/Tools/DiceVe ... 35110be38a

3 points of Shotgun = 63% in skill.

The months after the hunting trip, Gerald will spend preparing the Morocco trip of the now decided date March 7th 1925.
Me again butting in...

You can use the custom bb tag to display Dholes House dice rolls...

Code: Select all

[dhdr]{IDENTIFIER}[/dhdr]
Where {IDENTIFIER} is the guid of the roll, so....

[dhdr]9de9af4a-8dcd-4ecf-be26-a4ef13deca19[/dhdr]
can also be used in spoiler tags
Gerald - Improvement roll,[dhdr]6a04637d-fa8c-458c-8fdf-6735110be38a[/dhdr]

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:14 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Thumbs up! Btw, is that an option to add to the site? A rep add-on.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:11 pm
by RonaHattingh
Rolled 1d100 = 80, 1d10 = 2 , I improve 2 points in "Psychology"

https://rolz.org/dr?room=Masks

Motivation: Teaching and guiding Amy in controlling her emotions around Jackson.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:20 pm
by Dave Syrinx
You do need to roll 1d10 to see how many % you increase in the skill. :!:
Done!

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:09 pm
by DrPeterson
Horatio will join the hunting trip, perhaps trying to warm up a few individuals for an African hunting trip, and he'll finish his book and lecture tour.

To signify his success in the latter, I'll test his Credit Rating.
Credit Rating 45,[dice]0[/dice]
Increase,[dice]1[/dice]
Quite the successful tour :)

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:46 am
by Ritterton
Artemis made the trip to Roger's farm and enjoyed handling a shotgun.

[dice]0[/dice] shotgun usage

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:48 am
by Ritterton
YES, I made a dice roll....

Anyway, for improvement

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:26 pm
by Quatermass
Ritterton wrote:Artemis made the trip to Roger's farm and enjoyed handling a shotgun.

[dice]177621:0[/dice] shotgun usage
Ritterton, you have to roll higher than your skill rating to improve it.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:27 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson,

Who are you sending the Telegram too?

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:37 pm
by DrPeterson
For the sake of involvement, I thought about having Horatio wire the entire group of PC's.
It would make sense in a way as we were all introduced to each other as friends of Elias and since Horatio isn't a native to these parts either, they'd be a logical go-to.

He'll also try to contact Kensington.I've modified my post some.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:39 pm
by Quatermass
Ok thats fine. Though I think Horatio would have the phone numbers of several in the group.

I am going to say that Artemis is in New York at the moment and Horatio talked to him yesterday. So he knows where Artemis is staying in town.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:49 pm
by DrPeterson
Excellent.

But being a Brit in the twenties, he's not excessively fond of telephones, it's all a bit too pedestrian.

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:40 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:Excellent.

But being a Brit in the twenties, he's not excessively fond of telephones, it's all a bit too pedestrian.
:lol:

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:06 pm
by Ritterton
Quatermass wrote:
Ritterton wrote:Artemis made the trip to Roger's farm and enjoyed handling a shotgun.

[dice]177621:0[/dice] shotgun usage
Ritterton, you have to roll higher than your skill rating to improve it.
LOL>..OH YEA>>>UM>>>OK>>>I BOTCHED ANOTHER ROLL!! Tears in my eyes.making the change...lol

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:08 pm
by Ritterton
Telegrams would also be delivered in person, so the address would work for someone as well.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:05 am
by Ritterton
Here is some info on the older hotels in NYC...and I will edit the intro I did as the waldorf was not built yet. So, Hotel Ansonia...that would work. LOL.

Hotels: http://www.amny.com/real-estate/old-nyc ... 1.10071324

Cosmopolitan Hotel -http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/reale ... .html?_r=0

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:06 pm
by Quatermass
Amy and Gerald can arrive back at the hotel by now.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:49 am
by Quatermass
post by kabukiman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:55 pm

OOC: is there anyway to try to follow those men besides this door?
What men? What are you talking about?

Please ask OOC questions in the OOC thread.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:42 pm
by DrPeterson
How do we roll breaking in the door with two people? Do I need to roll again for Horatio, or is Roger's roll enough?

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:57 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:How do we roll breaking in the door with two people? Do I need to roll again for Horatio, or is Roger's roll enough?
Roger's roll is enough. You are basically adding your STR together for the check.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:40 pm
by DrPeterson
Well, that's certainly a dramatic scene to stumble upon. *stiff upper lip*

Do you need a sanity roll now, or after the scene?

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:48 pm
by DrPeterson
Oh, Horatio launches himself at the guy, trying to pin him down and more or less disable him before he starts pummelling away at this face with mad abandon.
I didn't know which stat to roll for that, so I rolled generically. ;)

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:12 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:Well, that's certainly a dramatic scene to stumble upon. *stiff upper lip*

Do you need a sanity roll now, or after the scene?
After. :twisted:

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:46 pm
by DrPeterson
Roger is paralyzed for an instant, ... "Artemis, the women!", he shouts,...
Well, that made me laugh :)

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:11 am
by Quatermass
Taking his walking stick, he held it near both ends and walked back to door nudging Marga back towards the open door
Lol! Artemis would have a hard time nudging Marga. :D

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:23 am
by Ritterton
Quatermass wrote:
Taking his walking stick, he held it near both ends and walked back to door nudging Marga back towards the open door
Lol! Artemis would have a hard time nudging Marga. :D
Got to try something to protect the women!

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:05 pm
by Dave Syrinx
We have a JUMPER ! Not the menswear, I'd like to add.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:46 am
by Ritterton
I think Artemis is going to buy a gun... as apparently caning someone is not a skill he can master or heck even utilize! :o

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Those rules look like they're from 7th edition. It works a little differently in 6th.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:53 am
by DrPeterson
Quatermass, do you want to me roll anything or is the narrative knock-out sufficient?

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:14 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:Quatermass, do you want to me roll anything or is the narrative knock-out sufficient?
I think its sufficient. He hasn't been able to get out of your grapple for several turns now.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:15 pm
by Quatermass
Mr. Handy wrote:Those rules look like they're from 7th edition. It works a little differently in 6th.

Ha! I opened the wrong folder on my computer. :o

Will delete that and repost tonight.

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:01 am
by DrPeterson
I'll be on one or more mountains in Ireland till the 14th, so I probably won't be able to post.
Quatermass, feel free to NPC Horatio.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:41 pm
by Quatermass
Boy, Gerald is one cold dude!!!

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:57 am
by Dave Syrinx
We'll have to see how he react to the SAN checks :shock:

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:04 pm
by Overlord87
I had my characters went through the grief phase and on to the revenge phase. Should I have rolled for Sanity? Should I roll it now?

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:48 pm
by Quatermass
Ok Everyone who saw Jackson's body can make a Sanity check. Go ahead and post them here in OOC.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:25 pm
by Ritterton
Quatermass wrote:Ok Everyone who saw Jackson's body can make a Sanity check. Go ahead and post them here in OOC.
Sanity check, [dice]0[/dice] 70 at current

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:43 pm
by Overlord87
http://orokos.com/roll/372859

I rolled 65, a failure. How much sanity do I lose?

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:04 pm
by Quatermass
If you fail you just lose 1. Amy would have lost more but she made it.

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:09 pm
by Dave Syrinx
[dice]0[/dice]

60SAN

No SAN loss for Gearld.

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:58 pm
by DrPeterson
Sanity 70, [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:25 pm
by Quatermass
Sorry that I have been slow updating the game. I have been busy studying for a Test for work. I just took it today. So I should be picking up the speed with the game.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:33 pm
by DrPeterson
I hope it went well, Q!

I didn't mind the game lagging :D

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:47 pm
by Ritterton
Concur with Doc in hoping your test went well. We seemed to keep things going!

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:45 pm
by Quatermass
Yes it did go well. :D Thanks

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:53 pm
by Quatermass
I am speeding through the police arrival and questioning. Artemis arrives back to the hotel after a quick trip to the hospital just as you are released. Just a few stiches needed.

I take it you are not going to show the police the clues that you found?

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:17 pm
by DrPeterson
Well taken :)

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:11 am
by Ritterton
Quatermass wrote:I am speeding through the police arrival and questioning. Artemis arrives back to the hotel after a quick trip to the hospital just as you are released. Just a few stiches needed.

I take it you are not going to show the police the clues that you found?
Clues, what clues?? Officer I got stabbed by a murder..I didn't have any time to look around that room...

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:29 pm
by Quatermass
DrPeterson wrote:
"We are agreed then! Dr. Anderson can accompany Miss Lawrence to the library, Miss Maritz can help Mr. Thomson charm the police, and we three, gentlemen, " Horatio nods at Roger and Artemis " can go ask around Emerson Imports. "

Horatio finishes his wine and looks around the table.

"I think I share your concern about safety, though. We need to acquire a few pistols at least."
If everyone is ok with this. I am going to go ahead and advance the game to the next day.

Those who are going to do some research at the library (Anderson and Lawrence):
- Tell me what your researching and give me a Library Use roll.

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:02 pm
by kabukiman
Maybe about the Penhew Foundation and the Carlyle Expedition? Is that one or two rolls?

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:32 pm
by Quatermass
kabukiman wrote:Maybe about the Penhew Foundation and the Carlyle Expedition? Is that one or two rolls?
Just one roll

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:25 pm
by Overlord87
Dr.Peterson's plan is fine with me.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy
I was planning to research that, but if you're taking that topic I can research something else. We also need to see if we can find out anything about the leads in Egypt and Shanghai. I'm guessing those would be two separate rolls, as they don't seem to be directly related like the Penhew Foundation and the Carlyle Expedition are.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:17 am
by kabukiman
I'm fine with any choice, but I was thinking that the foundation was one roll and the expedition was another, so each one would get one roll. This way is even better.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:09 pm
by Ritterton
I agree with Dr's plan. Makes sense to split up that way. I do think where we get pistols in NYC in the 1920s is something I really don't know. Suspect there were gun shops and pawn shops back then too.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:02 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Is that a drawing in the background of Dr Huston and Jack Brady?

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:31 pm
by DrPeterson
Do you need me to roll persuasion, Q, or is Emerson the congenial sort?

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:57 pm
by Quatermass
Dave wrote:Is that a drawing in the background of Dr Huston and Jack Brady?
That is a woman behind Huston and Brady and a mirror behind her.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:59 pm
by DrPeterson
Kabukiman says:
Anderson finds some erotic magazine and spends all time reading it, pretending he is doing the search.

http://orokos.com/roll/382836
(library 45%, result, 99%!)
It's not always to explain why a trained academic should fail at researching stuff in a well-stocked library, but that about explains it perfectly :)

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:54 am
by Pickman37
Well done Kabukiman!! I've been following your crew's exploits in this mystery and that was clever and hilarious!!

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:47 pm
by Quatermass
Sorry for the delay. Will be back and running this week.

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:14 pm
by Dave Syrinx
I know how it is. Keep on!

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:47 pm
by DrPeterson
No worries, we're here and eager to roll :)

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:27 pm
by Quatermass
Throughout the majority of the United States it would not be the least bit difficult for someone with cash to purchase a firearm. Just walk into a hardware store and you might find a few rifles, shotguns and pistols for sale. There's no "realistic" way to prevent most player characters from purchasing firearms in the United States. You just throw your money on the counter and walk away with your weapon without so much as a background check, a waiting period or even someone asking you if you're a convicted felon. While legal, something like a Thompson is a little harder to come by. They cost around $200 (or maybe $250) which was an astronomical price at the time. A retailer who sold guns was unlikely to have one in stock because he was unlikely to ever sell it.

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:18 pm
by Overlord87
Roger already owns a certain number of hunting rifles, but I think something more discreet would be in order when moving around NYC :D Probably a few handgun would be enough, one for each of us.

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:00 am
by Ritterton
Take a look a look at the
Sullivan Act though

Re: NEW YORK TRANSIT LINES

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:23 am
by Ritterton

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:12 pm
by Ritterton
Hey folks - on the road with a few fun events in Portland and then Seattle for the next few days - including the Sunday portion of Emerald City ComiCon...which should be a lot of fun. I will have my phone on me and so can post shorter replies and such. just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Take care!

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:46 am
by Ritterton
Back and had a great time in Portland and Seattle.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:24 am
by DrPeterson
Welcome back, we were just about to jump into the action... :D

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:01 pm
by Ritterton
Ok, anyone know if Quartermass is ok? I thought maybe I was causing us a hold up..but see that that isn't the case.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:13 pm
by Dave Syrinx
I haven't heard from him in ten days. A short span of time, here. I'd like to see some PCs at the hotel lobby to get some interaction going.
See you when you're ready Q.

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:44 pm
by Dave Syrinx
I'm hesitant to venture further with this one, without our Keeper. So, I'm refraining from posting more until Quatermass returns.
See you all at that time.
/Dave

Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:01 am
by Ritterton
I tend to agree Dave. So, Roger, Horatio and I are on the subway over to Brooklyn and those rides can take a bit of time, ;)

Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:56 am
by DrPeterson
I'm afraid this one's going to the Graveyard...

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
Sadly, you're probably right. The good news is that Raiko has returned and will be picking up his game of Masks. If some of the former players don't return, there may be openings.