OOC - Campaign Talk

At last the stars are almost right!

Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably — but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much. Now they must survive long enough to make sense of what they know, and take resolute action.

Masks of Nyarlathotep is a Lovecraftian exercise in horror and mystery. This Call of Cthulhu roleplaying classic is a series of linked adventures forming one long and unforgettable campaign. Horrifying deeds and dangerous sorcery dog those who dare attempt to unravel the fate of the Carlyle Expedition

Moderator: Quatermass

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: OOC - Campaign Talk

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I could un-lurk and make meself a char.
If you'd have me...

I'll be at your service, master.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Can I use the same character from Raiko campaign? It's an archaeologist. Or should I create a new one?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

*Nods at Kabs*
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by Quatermass »

Syrinx wrote:I could un-lurk and make meself a char.
If you'd have me...

I'll be at your service, master.
If you want to play then there is a seat at the table. :D
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Then, I'll pull out a chair and join in.
TVblog

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

kabukiman wrote:Can I use the same character from Raiko campaign? It's an archaeologist. Or should I create a new one?
That would be fine. Mr.Handy's character is a archaeology student but two in the group would be ok I think.

edit - Ah they are both from Raiko's campaign and already have a connection. Very good!
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

With Syrinx and kabukiman joining that makes six player characters. That will be my limit and it gives us some flexablity in case we have someone drop out.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Added my character to the proper thread.
Spoiler:
Gerald Thomson III

Explorer and author of Asian Travel Routes revisited.
TVblog

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Ritterton »

Just got mine uploaded and I hope right. Sorry this is a hectic week and weekend in my little town with a host of events going on that have me helping.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Ritterton wrote:Just got mine uploaded and I hope right. Sorry this is a hectic week and weekend in my little town with a host of events going on that have me helping.
thanks ok. :D

What occupation did you use? I don't see a Reasearcher.
And you just have 7 occupational skills, you should have 8.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Quatermass wrote:
Ritterton wrote:Just got mine uploaded and I hope right. Sorry this is a hectic week and weekend in my little town with a host of events going on that have me helping.
thanks ok. :D

What occupation did you use? I don't see a Reasearcher.
And you just have 7 occupational skills, you should have 8.
I think what we did was use the private as the basis for the student/clerk concept, the profession was an enlistee in the army. Looking at his bio, I suspect the 8th should be appraise and some percentage in that. BUT, now I am not sure what that percentage should be Quartermass. I put a * by that in the character sheet as an edit to just let it be identified.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Just because you have eight occupational skills doesn't mean you have to put points into all of them, so that should be fine. One thing to keep in mind is that some work still needs to be done to finish converting him from 7th to 6th edition. The skill list and base levels are different. Appraise doesn't even exist in 6th edition.

Welcome, Syrinx and Kabukiman! :D

Amy is a history student, though she has studied some archaeology. Michael is much better at it than she is, but she has other areas where she excels. There's some overlap, but that gives us some depth on our team, and they're different enough characters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Mr. Handy wrote:Just because you have eight occupational skills doesn't mean you have to put points into all of them, so that should be fine. One thing to keep in mind is that some work still needs to be done to finish converting him from 7th to 6th edition. The skill list and base levels are different. Appraise doesn't even exist in 6th edition.
Thanks Handy, so I copied over the skill list from your character then transferred the points from Artemis' 7th sheet. I made notes and hope you and Quatermass can take a look at how I did it and if it makes sense. Appreciate the critique and the hope.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Master Quatermass, is my jpg sufficient or do you want a text transfer as per Mr. Handy's guide?
Thanks for the welcome back, guys.
TVblog

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

the jpg looks good.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

As briefly put in the description of
Mr Thomson, he is waiting for a meeting with Jonah Kensington at the N.Y. office. He has hung his winter coat on a wooden butler and a bowler hat next to it. A manilla folder is being nursed in his lap as he eyes a secretary typing away at a Remington. He smiles at her and pats the folder. February always makes Gerald wish he was in Capetown. New York always dreary and damp. Beats Dublin, though. The mists of the hills of green have a mystery he always had liked, but the chill that came with the fog he could live without.

Well, weather is what makes life changeable. Like seasons of life itself. He likes to think he's experiencing an early fall, personally. Who admires the early summers of the opposite sex. Even late spring at times.

The secretary would classify as a July.
(Sorry about stealing some ooc space for ic-flavour.)
TVblog

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Ritterton wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:Just because you have eight occupational skills doesn't mean you have to put points into all of them, so that should be fine. One thing to keep in mind is that some work still needs to be done to finish converting him from 7th to 6th edition. The skill list and base levels are different. Appraise doesn't even exist in 6th edition.
Thanks Handy, so I copied over the skill list from your character then transferred the points from Artemis' 7th sheet. I made notes and hope you and Quatermass can take a look at how I did it and if it makes sense. Appreciate the critique and the hope.

Your skills look good now. Thanks.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

An African Queen has just registered at the site. She'll probably stumble in here at some time.
It would be nice to broaden the geographical spectrum of our crew to mimic the game itself.
Just my two cents.
TVblog

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Just posted my char. I hope everything is ok.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I'm really excited about this. What's the schedule saying about when the pre-game begins?
TVblog

Return to “Quatermass's Masks of Nyarlathotep”