[IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good luck," Holly says. "I'll make sure no stray guards come up behind you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Mephistophilis »

Cam takes the bundle of dynamite, he fishes around in his pocket for a cigarette lighter and flicks it on and off a few times to ensure it is working. He smiles weakly, 'anyone else want to come?'
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Konovalov shakes his head: "Not everyone here is crazy...". Elena is still taking care of Ian, and she offers a weak smile as she says: "Good luck, Cam". In the end, it's Jonathan to offer some help: "I'll be right behind you, if something goes wrong...", his voice trails off. "Right behind you", he says again, then waits for Cam to move.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Cam takes back the gun from Holly and gestures towards Brooks, 'keep him covered Konovalov'. He tentatively starts down the descending corridor.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly stays behind Konovalov, both for protection and so that she can keep an eye on him, and stays alert to her surroundings. Now that Leticia is dead, she removes the cotton balls from her ears and advises the others to do the same in order to hear better.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
"Wait, Cam. Why don't you let me take that, old chap....you've been through quite a lot just now."
The professor takes the lighter and gently takes the pack of dynamite sticks from Cam before he can protest.
"Just stay close behind me in case I can't finish the job?"
Jonathan takes a weary glance at the faces in the room and strides purposefully down the corridor...
Spoiler:
knowing full well some kind of monster likely lurks ahead, Jonathan's intent is to light the fuse before he gets a good look at the target and attempt to the throw the dynamite into the "large mouth" that he's expecting, or at the very least throw the dynamite at the creature he expects to find...
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Anybody who watches down the corridor,You see it as soon as you peer into the corridor. At the end of a relatively short corridor, five or six meters at most, there is the mouth. It's similar to the other mouths, in shape, but it's much bigger, so big it could easily swallow a person. It emerges from a wall, the stone somehow turning into swollen flesh. An obscene tongue wiggles around, spouting out Nectar, that forms a pool just under it. Just the sight of it sickens you. And as soon as it notices you, its tongue pushes forward with a disgusting liquid sound, closing the distance faster than you could have thought possible... [ooc]Roll Stability.[/ooc] [ooc]If Jonathan is ready to throw the dynamite, he can do so right away, then try to fall back. Throwing the dynamite requires an Athletics roll.[/ooc]
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Can I get a sense of the difficulty and likely stability loss as with -1 stability I guess I'm probably gonna need to spend myself down to -5 to even stand a chance of passing
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam,By rule Stability difficulty is 4, that goes up to 5 for Mythos tests. It might be higher when actual gods are involved. You might estimate Stability losses by checking page 18 of the condensed rules: https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://site.pelgranepress.com/trail/files/Trail_of_Cthulhu_Condensed_Rules.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi8xMO7qKPnAhUOyaQKHTR-ALkQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2G3XZR0j-IZXNj6P1HOE5r
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

OOC,Cam will spend 4 Stability, [dice]0[/dice], this could all go terribly badly!
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

Spoiler:
Prof Cornwall will spend 2 Stability
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

Spoiler:
Jonathan spends 5 points of athletics so he won't screw up this dynamite toss...
[Spoiler-Button][dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

Jonathan sees the horrible creature and is momentarily stunned.
Time seems to slow to a crawl as he sees the spittle drip from the monster's tongue...."Can this be real?" he mouths too quietly for anyone to actually hear.
Suddenly, the Professor snaps back to reality and hurls the lit pack of dynamite sticks towards the gaping maw before him.
Turning he screams at Cam to "RUN!" as he does the same...
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam and Jonathan,The dynamite flies towards the mouth and lands inside. Your relief is short-lived, though, as the tongue grabs [b]Jonathan[/b] and wraps around him. The smell is disgusting, sweet to the point that it makes you want to puke. You can feel your clothes getting drenched in that horrible mix of saliva and Nectar. But worst of all, the tongue is now trying to pull [b]Jonathan[/b] in. [b]Cam[/b] manages to grab him, but the huge tongue is showing an incredible amount of strength. [ooc]You both take no Stability loss. Jonathan takes 3 damage from the tongue. [b]Cam[/b] must roll Athletics to keep [b]Jonathan[/b] from being dragged into the corridor and possibly swallowed.[/ooc]
Everybody else,You see [b]Jonathan[/b] throwing the dynamite and turning to run. Then, suddenly, a huge, swollen red tongue appears to coil around him, trying to drag him back down. [b]Cam[/b] manages to hold him and grab him, and you can see his muscles strained as he exerts his maximum strength to resist the tongue.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Digging his heels into the floor Cam tightens his grip on Jonathan's arms, he can feel cloth and skin tear under his grasp as he straightens his legs to try and haul Jonathan back from the foul stinking tongue that envelopes him.
OOC,Cam spends 3 Athletics, [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly stands ready to help if she's needed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam,You have held him for now, but the tongue is still pulling him in and you don't know how much longer you can resist.
Everyone else,[ooc]Helping Cam requires an Athletics roll. You can spend as many points as you like in the roll[/ooc]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly grabs hold of Cam and helps him to pull Jonathan free.
OOC,Athletics roll (spending 4 points): [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

'I can't hold him much longer' shouts Cam. He continues to brace himself against the monster, both hands gripping Jonathan's arms. With Holly's help he heaves Jonathan back, straining against the slick, writhing appendage.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Elena rushes to help as well, and even Konovalov: "Shit... you people are crazy... goddamn you", he swears, while also trying to pull Jonathan back. Yet the tongue is strong, and doesn't seem to tire. You fear you might not last any longer, when the explosion comes. There's the sound, and the shockwave, and an otherwordly scream of horror that reverberates through the room, the subterraneans, possibly the whole city for all you know. The tongue is cut and suddenly there's no resistance. You stumble back and fall to the ground, drenched in horrific fluids you can't even begin to understand. The corridor has collapsed, sealing whatever was inside - hopefully forever.
Ian,The scream of the mouth resonates amplified in your head. You feel nauseated, you only want to crawl in some corner and die. But worst of all, for a brief moment when the mouth eploded and died, you are sure it caught the attention of [i]something[/i]. [i]Something[/i] far, and utterly alien. [i]Something[/i] that, for a moment, set its eyes on you.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”