[IC - MEXICO CITY] The Party

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Re: [IC - MEXICO CITY] The Party

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian Holly Cam,Keeping an eye on Jonathan, you notice that he seems to be gesturing for you to reach him through the crowd - he's 7-8 seven meters away now. But then you see a man entering the building from the front door, a large mexican covered with tattoos, black beard and a scar over his right eye. There's something off about him, like an aura of danger of violence, and the way he moves, and looks around, as if he's searching for someone - you, most likely. Then he opens his mouth, revealing an unnaturally long tongue, that appears to be coiled inside his mouth. The tongue then darts out, once, twice, just like a serpent would do. And there's a [i]mouth[/i] on the tongue, full of teeth and another smaller tongue, and God only knows if the horror goes on again, like one of these impossible geometric paintings full of optical illusions and things repeating again and again like a spiral of madness. [ooc]Roll against a Stability loss, then you can act.[/ooc]
Jonathan,The man reaches you almost falling, grabs your arms to steady himself and starts speaking frantically: [color=#008040]"I'm sorry about the other guy, I really am, but we need to get out of here, from the back. They are already here, and it's gonna be a bloodbath. Those people... oh, fuck, I'm sorry, it's my fault, but we've got to run right now, please!".[/color]
Christopher,You see the man reaching Jonathan, and then he starts talking, but you can't quite understand what he's saying from where you are. But Jonathan appears to be gesturing for you to join with him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly barely manages to keep her cool and refrains from screaming. She turns around, pulling Elena with her, trying to stay hidden in the crowd. "Back door, quick," she whispers.
OOC,Stability roll: [dice]0[/dice] Stealth roll (if needed): [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Oh no no... not again." Ian's terrified for what he sees. He turns around, following Holly's lead. "Yes, the back door..."
Stability,[b]1[/b] http://orokos.com/roll/706347
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
The professor motions for everyone to follow as he yells to the stranger "LEAD US OUT OF HERE!"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher moves forwards towards Jonathan wondering what he and the stranger had been discussing. They seem to be heading towards the rear of the cantina and Christopher tries to speed up, pushing through the crowd.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam growls: "Christ... let's get out of here! Quick!", just as Elena is staring at the thug and screaming: "Did you see that? Did you see that?", but luckily her words are lost in the noise and don't attract any kind of unwanted attention. You push through the crowd until you all gather together. You can see more thugs entering the place now, but they don't seem to have noticed you yet. If they do, considering their methods, it could quickly turn into a bloodbath.
The mexican urges you to follow him: "Come on, let's go, let's go!", and he starts moving towards the back door. You follow him, moving frantically through the crowd, still dancing and singing and completely unaware of the terrible danger they all are in. You are almost there, when the shooting starts. They must have found you in the crowd, as you feel the bullets flying over your head and crashing on the wall in front of you. Even then, it takes a few moments for everyone else to realize what is going on. When finally the music stops, only two kind of sounds remain: the gunshots and the screams of those who were hit. And then, all hell breaks loose. People all around you fall from exhilaration into fear and frenzy, some of them running for cover, the others running for an exit. You can hear the thugs screaming in their horrible and inhuman tongue behind you, but you are at the exit now, and quickly out of there. Just a few seconds late, and you would have been caught in the madness. Still, you're not safe yet - your cars are parked in the front, and even with Huang Yan watching them...

"Shit!", Cam screams, "Huang Yan! We must go get him!", he takes out his gun and seems to be willing to run towards the front, but the mexican stops him, shaking his head: "Too late, they got him. I saw them. We have to go for now. If he's still alive, I know where they took him. I'll explain later, but we need to go now".

Then you realize that Elena is missing as well. She must have gotten separated from you after the shooting started. Was she hit? Was she just lost in the crowd? You have no idea. But you don't have much time to decide what to do. The thugs will eventually get to you, and the mexican keeps urging you to follow him.
Ian and Holly,You lose 4 Stability. Holly is at 0 now, and Ian at -3. You can't spend points from your investigative abilities, only from general abilities. Plus, all difficulties for any kind of roll is increased by 1.
Assess Honesty,The mexican seems genuinely willing to help you, but also genuinely scared. He is going to run away very soon, with or without you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I was holding her hand a moment ago!" cries Holly, looking around with wild eyes. "We need to get out of here! There's no more time, let's follow him. He seems all right to me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Cameron:

Cam agrees, he can tell the stranger is genuinely terrified.

"Okay!"

He grabs the Mexican's jacket and shouts, "Lead the way, I'll watch your back!"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christoper hears Cam yell something about Huang Yan but he can't make out the context, he does notice that the the stranger shakes his head as if in answer and the fact that both of them look very agitated. Finally he manages to catch up with the others, pressing he way through the crowd.

Christopher follows the others, wary of where they are going but anxious to escape the cantina which has suddenly become so dangerous.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You run, leaving the La Paz and a couple of friends behind. No, not friends, you think. You wouldn't leave a friend behind - or at least, that's what you tell yourself. Allies. Acquaintances. Not that it makes you feel much better. But you must go now, regroup, reorganize.

It's cramped inside a single car, you all squeezing together, but there's not much choice. The mexican starts driving, and you speed through a mostly sleeping Mexico City for the next fifteen minutes. Then he stops, near an old and crumbling building, clearly uninhabited. "Here we can talk without being interrupted", he says, exiting the car.

He lights himself a cigarette, waiting for you to join him. He looks calmer now, more in control. "My name is Gonchi", he says. "I'm sure you have questions. I might have some answers for you. Then we can talk business".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Holly, getting out of her own car and following him. "My name is Holly. First of all, I'm curious how you know so much about all of this."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Quick question - does Christopher recognise the car or the man? i.e. is this the person that he saw earlier on at their first visit to the cantina, the person that drove past but looked lile he was interested in them?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Christopher,Yes, it's definitely the same man (but I think I mentioned it earlier), and you also recognize the car.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Well Mister Gonchi, I guess we should thank you for your intervention but I'd also like to know why you've been spying on us. I recognize both you and your car from when we first visited the cantina ..." Christopher trails off and looks at the other man, expecting an answer.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Well, nothing strange about that, mister. I was just doing my job. Mr. Brooks paid me to keep an eye on you, among other things. I work for him from time to time", Gonchi says, calmly puffing out some smoke, as if there's absolutely nothing strange about what he's saying. "Well, I suppose I "worked" for him. After tonight, I have probably burnt that bridge, haven't I? Though it's probably for the best".
1-point Assess Honesty spend,He is forcing himself to appear calm, but you can see him tensing up. He doesn't appear to be a threat, but he surely is readying to defend himself if need be.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I agree, though he's not likely to take it kindly," says Holly. "None of us are friends of Mr. Brooks, so you don't have to worry on that score. As his ex-employee, you'd make an important ally, and we're not the sorts to throw that away over petty revenge. You're better off staying with us. There is strength in numbers. How did Brooks come to be aware of us?"
OOC,Spending a point of Assess Honesty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"I don't know. He gave me your descriptions. Well, not all of you. Not this guy, for example", he points at Jonathan. "He told me to keep some places under watch. The post office box, the Estudio del Manãna, some places he thought you might show up. He didn't tell me who you were, but I got the impression he believed you would meddle with his business. So one day I spotted you. And this is how this whole mess started". He takes a deep breath. "But I didn't want a bloodbath on my conscience. When I understood they were going to attack during the concert... Brooks pays well, but you can't buy back your soul, once you sell it to el diablo. No matter how much you pay".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Holly. "I appreciate it. How did you contact Brooks, and when's the last time he communicated with you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Chrisopher shakes his head as Gonchi tells them that Brooks had hired him to find the group, something occurred to him ... "Hong on.. hang on, are you some kind of Investigator a PI?" he asks, remembering their encounter back in LA.
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
"Tell us what you know about the old colonial villa on the corner of Moctezuma and San Pedro. We know they store nectar there underground."

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”