[IC - MEXICO CITY] The Party

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: [IC - MEXICO CITY] The Party

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's around in Los Angeles," says Holly. "It must come from here. I may be able to help you defeat the addiction. I'm already helping someone else with the same problem. I'm not just a talented singer, I'm also an alienist. The human mind is very powerful, and it can be trained to become stronger, perhaps strong enough to resist. I can show you how, but you'd really be doing most of the work. It won't be easy, but it will be worthwhile."
OOC,Using Reassurance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

"Oh no, miss, it's not the Nectar. It's Konovalov. He's going to kill if we get out. And Brooks worse. He would already killed us... he gets angry often, and he's dangerous... but Konovalov stopped him. To "protect the investment", he said", Javier is noticeably sweating now.
Holly,You feel there's more he's not saying, but you'll need a 2-point Reassurance spend.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"My friends and I can still help you," says Holly. "We have a wide range of talents, and we already know some things about how those guys operate. We've tangled with some of their partners in crime in Los Angeles, and we're all still alive."
OOC,I'll spend the two points of Reassurance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher hears the last exchange between the musician and Holly as he returns with a tray of drinks, which he sets down on a nearby table. They know that Brooks has left his apartment, some days ago and is probably out of the area but Konovalov was probably still about they needed to be careful and more prepared.

Christopher waited next to Holly seeing how much more information she would be able to get.
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
The Professor hangs around the bar, keeping an eye out for trouble...
Spoiler:
I rolled a 5 for sense trouble when we came in. Not sure if I should re-roll?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Javier takes a deep breath, then continues talking to Holly: "Okay, listen. Konovalov made clear that he kill us if we say where we play. They take us...", he turns to Elena, "...
con los ojos vendados..."
. Elena nods as she translates: "Blindfolded". Javier repeats the word a little hesitantly: "Blind... blindfolded... they take us blindfolded, but we put it together. It's under the old villa... the colonial villa... on the corner of Moctezuma and San Pedro. Not far. I think they buy the place, yes, and dig underground. And there's really old stone, like Aztec old. And I don't know how down it goes, but really down I think. And they keep Nectar there. A lot of it." He pauses for a second, biting his lips, looking more worried than ever, then adds: "They kill me if they know I tell you this".

He is then called by the other band members, their voices breaking the sudden atmosphere of tension. "I must go. We start soon", he says, before leaving you. After a few moments, Elena says: "I knew this would be exciting!". There's a strange enthusiasm in her voice, the kind of immature and irresponsible one you could expect from a bored young woman of her age. Perhaps, a little more irresponsible than that. She's now looking at you with sparkling eyes.
Jonathan,You notice a man, a mexican, short, squared-off. He wears a coat and a fedora that's just too small, and looks distinctly out of place. He's looking at the others while they talk with the band, although he doesn't look hostile.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Holly as Javier leaves. She nods to Elena. "Exciting, yes, but also dangerous. We're in over our heads, and the sort of people we're up against won't balk at hurting women. I took a beating early on in our investigation, and I'm lucky it wasn't worse. I know I'd welcome any help you could offer us, but you need to know what you're getting into before you do. Javier Luna is right to be terrified of Brooks and Konovalov."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

"Looks like we may have attracted some attention," the professor whispers to Holly as he casually sips his drink. "We should depart from this establishment as soon as possible."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly nods. "Well, we should probably go," she says to Elena.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Yes, yes... let's go." He says, taking Elena by her arm again and going towards the exit. "Maybe TOO exciting. Did you saw the fear in his face? Holly's right. This is dangerous, Elena." He looks directly in her eyes with a grave expression. He turns to the group. "We need to think what to do about this villa. We need a plan."
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

professorjones.jpg (14.2 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
"Indeed. Shall we investigate this colonial villa that Javier speaks of?"
"Elena, you're coming with us, yes?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Elena answers something that is lost in a sudden wave of sound coming from the band, that starts playing, and the crowd cheering them. You realize that the place is now completely full, with people packed together, pushing each other as they try to follow the music. You try to make your way towards the exit, with Elena following you, but it's a slow process.
Jonathan,The man you saw is now making his way towards you through the crowd, apparently trying to intercept.
Christopher with a 1-point Sense Trouble spend,You follow [b]Jonathan[/b]'s gaze through the crowd to a mexican man. You recognize him, he passed by on a car when you first came to the [b]La Paz[/b], and he seemed to be checking on you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly holds on to Elena's hand so as not to lose her in the crowd, guiding her toward the exit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

The professor puts his hand in his coat pocket and grips his pistol as he makes his way to intercept the stranger before he reaches Holly and Elena near the exit.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher moves after Jonathan "That was the same man that I saw when we were here before, he drove past us and I definitely had the impression that he was interested in us." he says to the other man.

Christopher changes his angle a little as he pushes through the crowd, his intention is to come up behind their target and hopefully be able to make the interception without the other man knowing.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Holly, Cam, Ian and Elena keep making their way through the crowd, trying to reach the front door and exit the place. There are people moving and singing all around, and a growing sense of tension in the air - or perhaps, it's just your impression.
Ian Cam Holly,Roll Sense Trouble.
Meanwhile, Jonathan and Christopher are moving through the crowd as well, trying to intercept the man from different directions. He is looking at Jonathan now, and as they get closer, he starts to scream at the top of his lungs - still, it's bloody hard to hear with all the noise.
Jonathan,You make up this: [color=#008000]"...back...need... back...now!"[/color]. The rest of what he's saying is lost, but he seems to be gesturing for you to follow him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly suddenly senses that something is very wrong.
OOC,Sense Trouble roll (1 point spent): [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Cam:
OOC,Sense Trouble: [dice]0[/dice]
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Sense Trouble,Sense Trouble [b]1d6 . . 5[/b] http://orokos.com/roll/703600
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

Knowing that yelling would be futile in this din, the Professor motions for the others to follow as he approaches the stranger.
Jonathan thinking:   "Perhaps this chap is trying to help us..."  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”