[IC - MEXICO CITY] The Party

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Re: [IC - MEXICO CITY] The Party

Post by Overlord87 »

"Investigator? Well, sort of, I guess... I solve problems", he shrugs, then turns towards Jonathan. "That villa, that's where we have got to go. Look, I'm not helping you 'cause I'm a good samaritan. I've been following you, I know you're quite good, and if we work together, we can get rid of Brooks and his people. After betraying him, I can't go back to a normal life. And you're here for him, right? That makes us allies, then". He looks at you for a couple of seconds. "He is at the villa. He and his crazy bitch, De La Luz. Your friend as well, they have taken him there for sure. And that other fella that was with you earlier, what was his name again? Victor or something. He's there as well." He calmly takes out a gun. "We go there and end this thing. Konovalov is probably there, but I don't think there are more than a dozen of his thugs around at any time. With surprise on our side, we can take them out. I'm sure they expect us to run. That's why we have to strike. Now."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You've been to the villa before?" asks Holly. "What can you tell us about its layout and defenses? What's the best way to get inside?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Gonchi nods: "Brooks has bought the building closest to the old hacienda. It's blue and yellow, on two floors. That's where most of the people live, Brooks' thugs and some Nectar junkies. But that's not where they do their business - not the recording, not the Nectar production. Those things they do underground. I'm quite sure they have some sort of base... below, mostly inside the ruins of some ancient complex they dug out themselves. You can reach these tunnels from the new building, but also from the ruins of the villa. I'm sure, because they kept guards there. Why would they, if not to guard some sort of access?" He then adds: "That's our way in"
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Sounds like it. You know how many guards are there? Also, could we take them out without drawing attention? I mean... how far are these ruins from the main building?"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher starts to feel a bit queasy, realising that Gonchi is hell-bent on killing Brooks and all his associates, it was one thing to defend yourself or your friends but to go and hunt these people just seemed wrong... a line that if they crossed would make them killers. Besides they had no way to know if Gonchi was going to double cross them, what was there to stop the PI from handing them over to the authorities? Or even trying to kill them? Or getting themselves killed or injured! A dozen guards sounded like a lot, they only had Gonchi's word that Brooks and his side-kicks wouldn't be expecting an attack.

"There's no way to be sure that they wouldn't be expecting us to come after them ... well to come after our friend. Why can't we inform the authorities, it's kidnapping after all?" Christopher says hesitantly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Are any of them on Brooks's payroll?" asks Holly. "There was a similar situation in Los Angeles."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Gonchi spits on the ground after hearing Christopher, and says: "Look, mister, you can't just come here, mess things up and then get cold feet. And it's not like you guys haven't killed anyone before, am I right? Lots of people are going to die if we don't stop them. Like it happened today". He pauses for a few seconds before continuing: "The cops are clean, I think. But they have rules to follow. And, well, honestly, can't say I'm all that clean. If you want to bring in the cops, I'll wish you good luck and get the hell out of here".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I haven't actually killed anyone yet," says Holly, "but not for lack of trying. I did shoot that one gunman on the roof, but he survived and escaped. I took an oath to do no harm, but I've already broken it. And you're right, they'll do far more harm if we don't stop them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"All I'm saying is that a dozen armed people is a lot to take on." Christopher indicates the group with a sweep of his hand. "We should try and see what's happened to Huan though, we owe him that much..." he looks at the others "We can just see what the situation is, perhaps leaving this mess to the police will be the best thing to do." he shrugs, clearly unhappy.
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
"I'm no soldier, but we do owe it to Huang to see if he's still alive before we skip town. Besides we might also learn something useful to help us on our quest."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Then let's go quickly," says Holly. "We don't want to leave him in their hands any longer than we must."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher nods reluctantly, "Yes, time is of the essence." He turns his attention to Holly "You have your medical bag to hand?" he aks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Always," says Holly, patting her black bag. "Let's hope we don't need it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christoper nods and smiles wryly"Hope for the best, plan for the worst..." he then scans the others, "Does everyone have a firearm or other weapon?"
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

Jonathan Cornwall
"Indeed, I have my pistol. Let's hope I don't have to use it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And I have mine," says Holly, patting her thigh.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Well, about that", Gonchi says, with a thin smile on his lips, "I've got some heavier stuff ready for the occasion". He opens the trunk of the car, revealing a couple of shotguns with a box of shells. "You know, plan for the worst and all that", he winks at Christopher, showing just a hint of amusement. "One is for me, you can help yourself to the other. But just make sure you know how to use it".
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian looks inside the trunk, and then to his friends, raising his eyebrows in doubt. "Well... We surely are planning for the worst." He says, taking the shotgun and filling his pockets with shells.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”