[IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

[IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Post by Overlord87 »

You feel the tension as you lay down to sleep. What will happen tomorrow? Will you have to battle the cult again? Where will this new trail lead you? The questions float around in your head, turning sleep into an harder task than usual - even for the standard of these last troubled days. As if to mirror your thoughts, the weather takes a turn for the worse during the night, and in the morning the sun has disappeared behind a curtain of clouds, as the temperature drops a few degrees.

You make a quick stop at the airport, where you leave Clarence to catch his plane back home. "It's not farewell", he says, as he shakes your hands, "I'll be seeing you again. Just don't die until then". And then he's off. Perhaps your roads will cross again, perhaps not. But now it's time to focus on the task at hand, so you head back to the cars and make for the address Victor gave you.

Victor himself mutters and protests, clearly unhappy of having to accompany you, but a couple of glares from Cam silence him. Then you get close to your target. It's a street in Coyoacan, with bungalows on both sides, each one more or less the same as those near it: one floor, one door, a little front garden and a couple of windows on the front and the back.

As it starts to slowly rain, you plan your next moves.
Spoiler:
Consider that you had time to buy anything you needed, that could reasonably be bought in the city.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's see if we can spot anyone watching the place," says Holly. She takes a good look around through the car's windows.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Roll Sense Trouble.  
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Huang Yan also took a good look around through the car windows.
Sense Trouble,[dice]0[/dice]
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

If there's anyone watching the house, Holly can't tell.
OOC,Sense Trouble roll: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

Sense Trouble Roll
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
"Maybe we should have someone watch the back," says the Professor.
Spoiler:
Keeper, is it realistic that the professor of archaeology traveling abroad has brought a pistol and some ammo?
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher tries to observe the street from within the car; he's all too aware that the rain might betray their presence if they start walking along the street rather than stay in cover...
Sense Trouble:,[dice]0[/dice]
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan,You notice a man hiding in an overgrown garden on the other side of [b]Victor[/b]'s house. You can tell just from his appearance that he's not really a simple civilian, with a large number of tattoos and a dangerous aura around him. But more suspiciously, as soon as he sees the car approaching, he disappears inside the garden. [ooc]You could have procured a gun for yourself from Clarence, before he left. He could have given you his weapon. If that's fine for you, I'll take one of your Preparedness points and you'll be armed ;)[/ooc]
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

The Professor whispers: "We've been spotted. There is a tattooed thug in the garden near Victor's flat...probably watching the place."
"We might have trouble. Be on your guard."
Spoiler:
OOC:   Yes, I'll trade the point for Clarence's gun.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
Just clarifying my earlier post, the thug spotted by Jonathan was on the other side of the street with respect to Victor's house - right in front of it, slightly to the left. There's an overgrown garden there that offers cover and conceals the movements of anyone inside - at least from your current position.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

“Unfortunate, but if we leave now, it will only serve to arouse more suspicion. I think we’ll need a quick discussion on how to prepare against the stanger’s attacks if and when a confrontation is inevitable.” Huang Yan said, looking around.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We could try to get the drop on him, like we did with Pizner back in L.A.," says Holly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Unnecessary, at most, the man is an observer, he would have no reason to suspect the worst our intentions, as far as he knows, we are doing an impromptu drop-in. There is no reason to immediately perform a full-out assault as that will not only incriminate us, it will bring us up against a man of unknown background with unknown strengths and talents. Furthermore, just because we had spotted one man...it does not mean there is just one man observing the house." Huang Yan said, "If I may, I would suggest that we circle around the house first, to assess all possible sources of threats, communicate our findings separately, and then conduct our original plan with one of us watching the person of interest outside of the house, no? We need a clear picture."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"By all means, we should check to see if he's alone - more discreetly than the way you suggest," says Holly, "but if he is, turning the tables on him could be useful. You weren't in Los Angeles with us, but Christopher and I were able to handle a PI named Pizner who was hired by the opposition to watch us all by ourselves. Of course, it helped that he underestimated us. We managed to capture him, and I injected him with truth serum. We got a lot of useful information about his bosses out of him, and we were able to neutralize him as a potential threat by setting him up and getting him arrested."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"A logical method, I agree. But I doubt the same trick will work twice, and I doubt the people here will underestimate you. The men I see roaming the streets...they have a job to do, and I do sincerely believe that they are competent enough to survive comfortably. Prudence is key." Huang Yan said, looking straight at Holly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"How is he to know what happened in Los Angeles so that he'd be ready for it?" asks Holly. "But let's see what the others think."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"It is unlikely for him to have intimate details of your past dealings with the organisation, but the point I'm making is that you can't expect to subdue every man you meet and inject 'em to the truth serum and think that it'll go off without a hitch, I am suggesting we try work around the complication and find ways to divert his attention, if possible, and avoid a confrontation at all costs." Huang Yan said, looking slightly anxious as he rubbed his hands.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You can hear Cam growl as he stops the car a few hundred meters past the house: "That's enough talking for a whole month. Perhaps they know about us here, perhaps not. But I don't think they'd be waiting for us, at this house, right now. So we should hurry, as long as we still have the initiative. I'll try to get my hands on the watcher, but I need someone to cover my back".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You've taught me a lot about fighting," says Holly, "but I'm still a rank amateur. Someone else would be a better choice, though I'd make a good distraction if one is needed. If I walk up to the building, that'll get his attention."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Indeed, if we are still on the path of trying to, ah, physically subdue the watcher, then I would suggest getting some rope and a gag ready. I'll help get the restraints ready, eh?" Huang Yan said, trying to make the best of a somewhat bad situation.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”