[IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly stays behind cover, keeping her gun trained on the roof in case he's foolish enough to reappear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher ducks in through the front door as another shot rings out. Realising that time is of the essence now he pulls his pistol from his jacket pocket and heads for the kitchen, intent on retrieving the match-book with Brookes's address written on it.
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

Professor Cornwall follows Fontana into the bungalow with his pistol drawn.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

"Well, to borrow a saying from China, the guy's fit as a dragon; strong as a tiger. He seems to be doing just fine for someone who was shot. That's...not good."
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Christopher and Jonathan run into the bungalow, discovering that it has been ransacked and vandalized in the past, probably by Brooks's thugs. On the wall of what was once the living room, someone has written the words SeeYou with some kind of orange greasy liquid. In the kitchen, they immediately notice a large glass jar on a shelf, full of matchbooks - at least fifty of them. They take the jar out of the shelf and on a table, then start to frantically sort through the matchbooks, scattering them around on the floor as they look for the one with Brooks's address on. And at least there it is, a bright yellow matchbook with a pink piglet on it, and the writing El Cochinillo in colorful orange and red letters. A quick check confirms that the address is, in fact, written on it.

Outside, Cam and Ian join Holly and Huang Ian, guns pointed towards the roof. "Come on, motherfucker, show me your face", mutters Cam with a hard look on his face.
Christopher,You think the orange liquid is probably nectar, although this would mean that it is of a different kind than the one you interacted with in Los Angeles.
Evidence Collection or Forensics [those inside the house],The words on the wall were written by hand, like fingerpainting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly remains in cover, her gun still pointed at the roof, ready to help cover the others' retreat when they're done inside the house.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Huang Yan remained in the background, observing how the situation would turn out and was prepared to either run away or to help depending on how things went.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Excellent work Jonathan!" Christopher exclaims as the other man holds up the match-book that Victor had told them about.

"I would like to get a sample of that orange liquid that has been painted on the wall" Christopher waves back towards the wreck of the living room, "I believe it is a type of Nectar but it is different from the Nectar I have previously seen."

Christopher rips off the covers of a couple of the discarded match-books, take up the now empty glass jar he proceeds to scoop up some of the greasy orange goo with the match-book covers and places them into the jar. "Yes, I am sure this is Nectar but the colour and texture is different, perhaps it has been produced by a different process. Well hopefully Dr. Chastain will be able to deduce exactly how it differs from the other sample we have." He says as he finished his task, making sure that he doesn't come into direct contact with any of the foul substance.
Spoiler:
Using Evidence Collection - to make sure that he collects a sample without any problems (point spend?)
"Now that is interesting.." he says just as he's finishing collecting, "This was written by hand.. I mean literally, I can see finger prints in this goo." Christopher stands and looks directly at Jonathan "I think we should leave now, let's get back to the others and make out 'get away'."
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

"Agreed. I'm tempted to look for fingerprints on the wall, but we probably don't have time for that," says the Professor as he glances about the room looking for anything interesting or useful. He places the matchbook in his coat pocket.
"Let's make a run for it!" and with that Prof. Cornwall dashes out of the bungalow to join the rest of the group.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Jonathan and Christopher run out of the bungalow, signaling that they've found the matchbook and they're clear to go. At the same time, the man on the roof starts shooting again. Without showing himself, he's just pointing the gun downwards and sending bullets flying more or less in the direction of the house. He hits a wall, then a window, sending shards of glass flying on the grass of the garden.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly stays behind cover while the shooting is going on, carefully counting the shots and trying to figure out when he'll have to reload.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Jesus Christ, wasn't he dead??? Everybody down!" He shouts, deciding to find a gun at the first opportunity.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam fires back at the man, even though he's behind cover. "Let's get out of here!", he growls. "Run to the cars! Go! Go!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

When Cam lays down covering fire, Holly sprints for the car in a crouch to present a smaller target, and in a zigzag to make it harder to draw a bead on her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

The Professor runs for the cars, a grim smirk on his face as the adrenaline pumps through his body. He hasn't felt this much excitement since the natives attacked his dig site in the Tigris-Euphrates River Valley.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Reaching their waiting car, Christopher takes a moment to place his jar of 'evidence' in the trunk, securing as quickly as he can. He then holds open one of the car doors so that the others can pile into the car as quickly as possible as they arrive. Whilst holding open the door Christopher scans the street looking out for anyone reacting to the gunfire, half expecting the watcher to have companions nearby.
OOC:   Sense Trouble: 2 pt spend [dice]0[/dice]  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Everybody starts sprinting for the cars, with Cam covering you as he runs away from Victor's house. The shooter on the roof reappears again, trying to land some hits before you escape. One bullet flies harmless over your heads, but another finds its way into Huang Yan's shoulder, a clean hit passing through, but painful nonetheless. Cam fires back and you hear the man screaming, hit again, hopefully this time done for good.

As you reach the car and get ready to depart, it takes you a few seconds to realize that there's no trace of Victor. Did he run away? Was he taken? You can't say.
Huang Yan,You lose 3 Health. Also, roll for Stability.
Christopher,You don't notice anyone suspicious around, and no hint of what could have happened to Victor.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Someone else can drive," says Holly, getting in the back seat of her car and making room for Huang Yan next to her. "I'll take a look at that wound. It's a shoulder wound, and the bullet went straight through, so it shouldn't be too bad."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"You can fix him, right doctor?" Says Ian, scared with the blood stain getting bigger and bigger. He looks around, noticing they're one man short. "Where's Victor? Did he run away? Damn fool! He was in the car the last time I saw him!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Don't worry, I can patch him up," says Holly. "I'm guessing Victor ran away, probably as soon as the shooting started. We all had more pressing concerns at the time than keeping track of him. I'm surprised he hadn't tried to run away earlier."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”