[IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Yes, that would probably work" Christopher replied to Holly "I don't think you should put yourself in danger though, if you'll allow, I think we should both go and approach Victor's residence and act as a distraction to allow Cam and Jonathan to sneak up and overpower whoever is watching?" There's a hint of a question in his voice, Christopher knew that Cam was up to the job but was he suggesting to much for Professor Cornwall to take on, or was this just the test the newcomer to their investigation needed in order to fully mesh with the group?

"If we give you five minutes to get into position?" Christopher asks Cam.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"I think it can work. I know I failed you once, but I think I can help you reach our watcher without us being noticed, Cam." He says with confidence.
Overlord,[ooc]Shadowing would work for this kind of thing, right?[/ooc]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right, sounds like a good plan," says Holly. "I'll have a sedative ready to use. We'll need to take him somewhere else for when we question him, and at that point I can use the scopolamine I picked up in L.A."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by ShyberKryst »

"All right, let's get on with it then" whispers the Professor. "if things go sideways, we can always shoot the bloke."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

"I'd highly advise against such an action, very unsubtle and easily traceable. Furthermore, guns are notoriously unreliable and loud. It will cause a commotion." Huang Yan said, looking uncertain.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam nods as he says to Holly and the others: "Give us a couple of minute, then start walking towards the house. If things go sideways, just run for cover", then he turns towards Jonathan and Ian: "Let's go". You quickly run past the garden of one of the small houses, then slow down as you reach the back and start walking parallel to the street. You have no idea where the man went, and the last place you saw him is half a dozen bungalows ahead.
1-point Streetwise Spend,If it were up to you, you'd just climb up to the roof of the bungalow in front of [b]Victor[/b]'s house. It would give you a good view on the street and the house itself.
Spoiler:
Jonathan and Ian should make a Stealth roll. If at least one of you gets 5 or more, the other one will get a +1 bonus to the roll.
Meanwhile, Victor is clearly uncomfortable: "Can I wait here, please? I don't want to be shot at. Once you're inside...", then he hands you a key, "Here, the key for the front door. Once you're inside, find the kitchen. You'll find the matchbook there, the one from El Cochinillo. The address for Brooks's apartment is written inside".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly prepares a syringe with a dose of sedative while she waits for the others to get into position.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Right, keep in mind that it is a priority for the target to be unable to identify any of us, so I would suggest that some disguises would be in order. I know of a few places around that wouldn't ask a lot of questions so long as we deliver them enough money. We question him there, dump him in a back-alley without his wallet, and shove in a calling card for one of the nearby gangs..and I would reckon the worst possible outcome could be deflected elsewhere." Huang Yan said, bringing the rope and gags, showing a disturbing amount of familiarity with how to handle himself in a situation like this.
OOC:   Huang Yan spends a point in Streetwise for being able to 'conveniently' recall an safe location to take a potential hostage to undergo interrogation and an identifying aspect of a local street gang prone to shady tactics. Is this possible?  
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

Professor Jonathan's Stealth Roll
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Well... Looks like our friend doesn't want to talk. Should we follow him?"
Stealth,[b]2[/b] http://orokos.com/roll/624376
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher takes he key from Victor "That's fine, we'll be in and out pretty quickly."

Christopher surreptitiously checks that his pistol is to hand in his jacket pocket while waiting for the others to get into position as per the plan.

Christopher looks to Holly "Right... are you ready to go?" he asks, reaching for the door handle.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly nods, patting her own gun which is in a holster strapped to her thigh, under her skirt where she can reach it quickly. "Yes, let's go," she says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Holly, Huang Yan and Christopher start walking along the street towards Victor's bungalow. Meanwhile, Cam and the others scout the backyards, without finding any trace of the man. They reach the point where the man disappeared from sight, and try to track his movement from there, but with little success. At least, they see no trace of other thugs, meaning the man was probably alone after all. A lone watcher.

As Holly and the others reach the entrance to the bungalow, Ian stumbles upon a rake left abandoned on the ground, falling to the ground. Cam immediately draws his gun, looking around for any hostile who might have heard the sound, but the danger comes from above. The mexican you were looking for appears on the roof of the bungalow in front of Victor's, and immediately takes a shot towards Ian. The bullet luckily hits the ground next to the man's foot, as Cam returns fire, only to see his target take cover and disappear from sight.
Huang Yan,Yes, you can make a Streetwise spend that way.
Everyone,[ooc]it's funny how Ian always seems to mess things up lately :D (well, sort of, poor Ian). In this case it was the Stealth roll. Still, it might be interesting if he manages to turn things around later on. Everyone can post their actions for the first round of the fight.[/ooc]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly takes cover herself, hiking her skirt enough to draw her pistol. She keeps it trained on the roof in case he shows himself again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ShyberKryst »

Professor Cornwall says,
"Well, so much for sneaking in quietly"
"Shall we get in Victor's place quickly before more trouble arrives?"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christoper runs forward, the shot spurring him into action, he fishes around in his pocket for the front-door key intent on getting the door open and taaking refuge inside.
Spoiler:
Would that require a roll?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Christopher,No roll needed. You open the door without trouble.
As Christopher opens the door, the man appears again on the roof, this time on the street's side. He sees Holly holding a gun and quickly aims for her.
Holly,You can immediately roll Firearms to shoot at him before he shoots you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly doesn't even think, she just reacts. Instantly she aims for the center of mass, squeezing the trigger and sending a bullet right into the man's chest!
OOC,Firearms roll (2 points spent) shooting at the goon: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to goon from pistol: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

“Is...the good senõr dead? ¡Ay dios mío!” Huang Yan said, raising an eyebrow.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The man on the roof falls back as the bullet hits his chest, possibly piercing a lung. He still manages to fire back, but the shock from the wound makes him inaccurate, and he misses the shot. He then falls back and disappears from sight again. It seems like he is gravely wounded, but not lethally so - or at least, he's not kicking the bucket just yet.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”