Page 1 of 1

[IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:17 pm
by Overlord87
The Estudio del Mañana is located in a single-storey old building in 1220 Morelos Avenue, Coyoacàn, no more than a few minutes away from Luz Records. The old, traditional building is one of the few last remaining, as the rest of the area is slowly transitioning towards a more modern architectural style. The area is relatively busy with people walking around, but the office itself looks closed, or at least there's no sound coming from inside, or anyone coming or going.

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:35 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron feels tense as he scans the building.

"It looks empty, but let me go and have a look to confirm. Please wait, everyone"

He exits the car and heads toward the building, trying to act nonchalant. But he doesn't really feel it. Nevertheless, he looks inside through the class, hoping to catch sight of any occupants.
Sense Trouble,Cameron will spend a point on this.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:08 am
by HelplessBystander
Huang Yan waited in the car, acting bored.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:11 pm
by Overlord87
Cam,The building looks empty, door closed, shutters down. But there's something off. You think someone is inside, someone who doesn't want to attract attention.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:58 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron returns to the car.

“The place has the appearance of being empty” he tells the others. “But I think there’s someone hiding in there. I can break in, but they might be armed, so I want everyone to hang back”.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 pm
by HelplessBystander
"Of course, Mister Cameron. Do what you think is best." Huang Yan said.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:16 am
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

Ian shakes his head in disapproval. "I don't like it. Not if you wanna get in there. What if there are more than one person in there? If we're getting in, I would go with the "Holly, the singer" approach."

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"It's not a question of talking our way in, Ian" says Cameron. "The place is shuttered, whoever is in there doesn't want to show themselves. Now, we can hang around until it opens, but who knows when that will be?"

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:56 am
by Mr. Handy

"Okay," says Holly. "Be careful."

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:11 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"I could use you to back me up, Clarence" Cameron says to the private detective.
OOC,Cameron will attempt to pick the lock, and spend a point on Locksmith.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 pm
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

"If there's someone hiding in there, they might try and 'make a break for it' if anyone goes charging in... why don't two of us go and cover the back, in case they try and exit that way?"
Christopher,Is more than happy to cover an rear exit, just in case - he is armed too.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:30 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"Okay Christopher, but be careful."

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:24 am
by HelplessBystander
"I volunteer to cover the back. I'm gettin' bored sitting in tha car anyways." Huang Yan said.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:41 pm
by Overlord87
Huang Yan and Christopher get in position to cover the back, while Clarence covers Cam as he silently works on the lock. After a few second, it opens with a click. There's no sound coming from inside.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:48 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron draws his Astra, and holding it at the ready, moves into the room, listening intently for any noise.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:00 am
by HelplessBystander
Huang Yan was smoking a cigarette while he looked at the door. "So, Christopher, was it? What do you think will happen next? Any chances of these guys rushin' back out here?"

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Holly remains behind the wheel of the car with the engine running, in case they have to leave quickly.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:55 pm
by Overlord87
Inside there's a large open space with several desks, apparently some kind of office. Or at least, it was an office once... now, someone has clearly been living here for days, if not weeks. There are dirty dishes left on a table, with rests of at least two or three different meals. A couch has been turned into a bed, and there are clothes laying around, scattered. The air is stale and the smell is unpleasant. Cam can hear someone moving in a nearby room. Whoever he is, he doesn't appear to have noticed that someone else has entered the building.
Cam,You can try to surprise the man with a Stealth roll.

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron motions Clarence to stay behind him as he moves towards the room and the occupant within.
Stealth,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/572893]Stealth[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]5[/b]

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:23 am
by Overlord87
The first door on the left leads to a small room, probably a registration studio. A man is busily leaned over a table, apparently preparing himself a sandwich. He's a middle-aged mexican man, slightly overweight, wearing only a dirty shirt and his underwear pants. There's a gun placed on the table, within his reach.
Cam silently sneaks up to the man, then grabs the gun just as he takes hold of his target. The man freezes and lets out a choked scream. "Who-who are you? Please don't kill me?", he asks with a terrified voice.

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:47 pm
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

"I don't think so, Cam has proven that he is a force to be reckoned with. Plus he has Clarence to help back him up... I suspect that whoever is taking refuge inside will be swiftly subdued." Christopher pulls a face of distaste as he draws out his automatic pistol and steps back a little to have a better angle on the doorway. "But... one should always try and expect the unexpected ..."

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:27 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron puts the gun in his pocket and calls out to Clarence.

“It’s okay now Clarence. Ask the others to come in.”

He turns back to the man, keeping his pistol on him all the time.

“Well, it’s very simple. Talk to us and you live. Lie to us and you die. Do you understand?”

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:35 pm
by Overlord87
The man looks terrified as he pleads: "Did Konovalov send you? Please, tell him I'll do anything they want. Just don't kill me. Please".

Meanwhile, Clarence heads outside and gestures the others in: "All clear".

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:26 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"I'll ask the questions."

Cameron indicates a chair with the barrel of his pistol.

"Sit down. Now, what's your name?"

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:45 am
by HelplessBystander
carnage_lee wrote:Christopher Fontana

"I don't think so, Cam has proven that he is a force to be reckoned with. Plus he has Clarence to help back him up... I suspect that whoever is taking refuge inside will be swiftly subdued." Christopher pulls a face of distaste as he draws out his automatic pistol and steps back a little to have a better angle on the doorway. "But... one should always try and expect the unexpected ..."
"Well, ain't that good news for us, then. How great." Huang Yan said, bored.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:28 am
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

Before Chrisopher could reply to Huang Yan he spied Clarence beckoning for them to come in.

"Looks like we don't need to stand guard any more.. you go inside, I'll appraise Holly that Cam and Clarence have cleared the way."

Christopher pockets his pistol and walks back around to the front of the building and approaches the car. "Clarence says it's 'all clear', do you want to go inside?" he asks Holly.
IC,[b]Christopher[/b] will stay outside, whoever Cam has captured might have friends coming - so he will stay on lookout.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:15 am
by HelplessBystander
Huang Yan heads inside stealthily.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:09 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

Ian gets out of the car and walks quickly to the studio. "Let's go, Holly."

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Holly nods and gets out of the car, letting Christopher replace her in the driver's seat if he wishes. She follows the others inside.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:03 pm
by Overlord87
The man casts a scared glance at the newcomers, then sits on the chair as instructed. "Victor. My name is Victor Cortéz".

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:02 pm
by HelplessBystander
"Hello, my name is Andrew Huang, an antique store owner coming to check on a few things, senõr. I hope I'm not being too rude." Huang Yan said, smiling good-naturedly.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"Huang Yan, go and check Victor's belongings, and see if he has any ID. And do it now".

He addresses Victor. "Why are you hiding here, Victor?"

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:09 am
by HelplessBystander
Huang Yan sighed, he had originally intended to lie and disguise his identity. He followed Cameron's instructions and proceeded to check Victor's belongings.
OOC:   Alright, I use evidence collection.  

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Holly approaches the frightened man. "We're not your enemies, Victor," she says with a smile in a soothing tone. "In fact, we can protect you. But to do that effectively, we need to know what you know."
OOC,Using Reassurance.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:30 am
by HelplessBystander
"Please trust that we don't mean any harm. We're just concerned 'bout a few things. After all, we're all neighbours here in Mexico." Huang Yan said, with gusto.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:32 pm
by Overlord87
The man speaks a decent English and seems somewhat encouraged from not having been shot yet. He starts talking slowly, looking down: "I'm staying here, because it's safer. I did business with some dangerous people. I didn't know they were dangerous then, although I should have suspected it, I think. Like Jorge did. He told me 'Victor, I'm not doing business with them anymore. Those songs are evil', he told me", now that he has started talking, he just speaks faster and faster, throwing out a river of words with an anguished voice: "And then he told them. Brooks and Leticia. And a couple of days later they burned down his shop. And Konovalov came and he told me that work had to keep going as usual, and I was scared, but I had no other choice, and we recorded more songs, but then I couldn't take it anymore, and the next time Brooks came, I locked the door, and he kept banging on the door but I did not let him in, and now I can't even go back home, it's not safe there, Konovalov and his men came there, and I ran away from the back, and now... and now...", he finally stops, and starts crying.
Evidence Collection,You find an old safe hidden behind a painting on a wall. Apart from that, there is nothing worthwhile to be found here.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:35 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"What did you do for Brooks, exactly?"

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"And what do you know about Konovalov?" asks Holly. "Is he the boss, or is there someone above him giving him orders?"

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:55 am
by HelplessBystander
"There's a safe hidden behind the painting. Do anyone want to go and have a crack at it?" Huang Yan shouted.

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm no cracksman," says Holly, "but someone could borrow my stethoscope to listen to the tumblers. I saw it in a movie once."

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 am
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

Christopher leaves drivers side door open but doesn't sit in the car, standing so that he can get a better view of the approaches to the studio.
IC,Christopher acts as lookout, [Sense Trouble] [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:02 pm
by Overlord87
Victor looks scared again, and agitated, as you speak of forcing open the safe: "Please don't take my money. Please. I don't have much, and how could I live without that?"

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:03 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"We don't care about your money" Cameron growls. "Now tell us how to open the safe and answer the damn questions".

He gestures with his gun, which he is still covering Victor with.

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:46 am
by Overlord87
Victor covers his head and starts shaking, mumbling something that resembles a prayer in Spanish.

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron rolls his eyes.

"Oh, for crying out loud!" he says, exasperated. "Look Victor, it sounds like the people you're having a problem with are the same ones we want to know about. So if you talk to us, we can help you. You can't hide in here forever. We can get you to a safe place, but you better pull yourself together and start talking."

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're not going to take your money, Victor," says Holly, trying to calm him down again. "All we want is the information that might be locked in the safe."
OOC,Using Reassurance.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:56 am
by HelplessBystander
"Wait, we aren't supposed to take his money?" Huang Yan frowned.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:52 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“You’ll get paid, Huang Yan. Leave his money alone” says Cameron, with a warning note in his voice.

He turns back to Victor. “Stop wasting time Victor, someone might come. We’re the best chance you have, so start talking.”

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 am
by HelplessBystander
"Oh, okay. That's great."

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:58 am
by Overlord87
Victor nods weakly and starts speaking again, looking at Holly: "Konovalov is a big Russian man, Brooks's bodyguard. He has thugs working for him. Violent people. Brooks and Leticia used to come here, from time to time, with some musicians, to record their songs. I have a couple of them in the safe, I've kept them in case they came looking for me again. I thought they might have kept me alive. I know they were planning an album, but I don't know if they actually completed it. I can open the safe for you, just please don't take my money".

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:18 pm
by HelplessBystander
Huang Yan steps aside. “Be my guest. I was just...joking. Of course. I do promise that I won’t take your money. But I do think perhaps taking a look at those records would be useful.”

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:11 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron looks at Holly.

“I suggest we open the safe, get those records and Victor’s money, and get out of here. We can talk to Victor someplace else. I don’t want to be here too long.”

Turning to Victor, he says Victor, we can get you out of here. Just tell me one thing – are you being honest with us?”

Cameron doesn’t like to take chances.
Assess Honesty,Cameron will spend a point on this to ascertain that Victor isn't bluffing them.

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"We're getting the money out so you can take it with you," Holly assures Victor. "We're not planning to come back here."

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 am
by HelplessBystander
"Yep. As long as everything turns out alright, there should be absolutely no reason for us to return." Huang Yan said, backing up Holly.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:41 pm
by Overlord87
Victor seems reluctant at first, then nods as he seems to understand he has no other choice. He walks to the safe and opens it, taking a handful of bills and a single record. Then he wears a pair of trousers and a shirt, and seems ready to follow you outside.
Christopher,Outside everything seems calm. You don't notice anything or anyone suspicious.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“Can you take the record please, Doctor Cameron says to Holly.

“Okay everyone, let’s get out of here. We can decide on a destination when we’re in the car and rolling out of here. Clarence, you lead. I’ll bring up the rear. Let’s stay alert.”

He’s tensed up, longing to be away from this place before Brooks comes calling.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:47 pm
by Mr. Handy

Holly nods and takes the record. "We can listen to it later," she says.

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:07 am
by HelplessBystander
"Agreed. It's for another time. Let's get out while we're at it." Huang Yan said.

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:05 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

Ian follows the others to the car. He feels a little bad for Victor, but he understand that after what they experience the last days they have to be extremely cautious.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:39 am
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

Christopher gets into the drivers seat as he sees the others begin to emerge and starts it up. "Who's our guest?" he asks as people start to get into their seats.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:22 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"This is Victor" says Cameron, as he follows the others into the car and shuts the door. "He's going to tell us the story of how he met Brooks".

He looks anxiously behind him out the window.

"Let's drive, we can decide on a destination as we go."

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:21 pm
by carnage_lee
Christopher

Christopher nods and slips the car into gear, pulls a U turn and heads back the way they came...

"I see we have more records..." he says, looking in the rear-view mirror, "does that make up the full album?"

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 pm
by HelplessBystander
"I believe they do. We can go to my store. It's a secure location." Huang Yan said, looking out the window.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:53 pm
by HoneyDog
“Sounds fine” says Cameron. “Do you have a record player, Huang Yan?”

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"If not, we can always borrow one again at the hotel," says Holly.

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:23 am
by HelplessBystander
HoneyDog wrote:“Sounds fine” says Cameron. “Do you have a record player, Huang Yan?”
"Of course I do! It's a sanctuary of medicine, not a torture dungeon! I wouldn't want to keep my paying customers bored, now, would I?" Huang Yan laughed.

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:42 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“Okay, sure” says Cameron.

He addresses Victor. “See Victor? We’ll take you to a safe place and see that you get safe passage out of here. Now, tell us how you first came to be associated with Brooks.” He regards Victor patiently.

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:33 pm
by Overlord87
The cars speed up towards Huang Yan's clinic, and Victor starts talking: "I first met Brooks a few months ago. He came into the office wearing an expensive suit and flashing a wide white smile. He smelled of money, if you get what I mean. And he looked like a perfectly normal customer. He said his wife was a talented singer, and he wanted to record her songs and make her famous. He paid in advance, and we quickly reached an agreement. The following week, he returned with his woman, Leticia. He also brought a few musicians. I knew them by sight. A bunch of regular performers at La Paz, a club in Coyoacàn, not far from here. Anyway, they got to work. I didn't....", he stops, then shakes his head and continues: "I have never heard anything like that. It was... strange. Not unpleasant, and yet... yet I thought maybe it would have been better not to record it. But the money was good. I'd pay it all back now, if I could just erase Brooks and De la Luz from my life", he shivers.

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:04 am
by Mr. Handy

"Who is De la Luz?" asks Holly.

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:02 pm
by Overlord87
"Leticia. Leticia De la Luz. Brooks's wife", Victor answers.

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:18 am
by HelplessBystander
"Interesting. Can we play the records? I'm awfully curious as to what they recorded." Huang Yan suggested. "These musicians...do they have any background in the esoterica? Some strange occult leanings? You seem terribly frightened of them, if you will excuse me."

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"Ah, as in Luz records," says Holly. "What can you tell us about her?"

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:21 am
by Overlord87
"It's not the musicians that scare me", Victor answers Huang Yan, "They were just hired for the recording, like how they paid me for my studio. It's Brooks that scares me. The music they made, with Leticia... I have been at her house once, on Brooks's invitation, a couple of months ago. When he was still friendly and we were working together. But the night devolved into drugs and fighting, and I got out of there. Leticia was furious at Brooks for something - I don't know what - and a lot of us slipped out when they went and fought in the bedroom. After that, I have seen her only once, and she... she... she was wearing a mask", Victor shakes his head and falls silent.
Assess Honesty,Victor looks deeply troubled, almost on the brink of another panic attack.

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:14 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"Calm down Victor" Cameron says firmly, but not unkindly. "They can't get to you now. Please describe this mask she was wearing."

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:21 am
by Overlord87
"She was wearing a veil, and sunglasses. She never used to wear those things, you know. It was like, like she wanted to hide her face. And...", he falls silent again, looking down and covering his face with his hands.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:33 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“Easy now, Victor” Cameron says gently. “Finish your thought”.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:41 pm
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

Christopher slows the car.. not altogether sure that they ought to head for Huang Yan's clinic. If they took Victor there, what was to stop him form telling Brooks or anyone else. That would put Huang Yan in danger of reprisal.

Finding a spot to park, he pulls over, "You better drive from here.." he points to Huang Yan, ".. and there's a cotton bag in my case that will double as a hood, for our new friend, we can't be too cautious now, can we?"
OOC:   DO I take a point of preparedness for that?  

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:49 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"I don't think that's necessary, Christopher" says Cameron quickly. "Victor's been very cooperative so far. He's trusting us, so I think we should trust him."

He adds with a warning tone in his voice... "What about the other leads we have here so far?"

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"We'll want to follow up at that club in Coyoacàn, La Paz," says Holly. "There's also the dig site, when we're done in the city."

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:10 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"Well, I wanted to emphasise that the only human lead we have is Victor here, so let's keep him on our side. Can we let him finish his story?"

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:27 am
by HelplessBystander
Huang Yan decided against stuffing a bag over Victor's face.

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:57 pm
by Overlord87
Victor closes his eyes and crosses himself before continuing: "She was wearing those sunglasses, but I caught a peek at her behind them, 'cause they didn't fit right. Her eyes... were in the wrong place. They were too far apart. Swollen, or something. It was awful. I don't want to picture it anymore. Am I going crazy?"
Cam,I'll take 1 point of Reassurance as you gently convinced him to talk.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't think you're going crazy," says Holly. "A man like Brooks, there's no telling what he'd do to her. He may have...disfigured her." She has had all too many patients who had suffered abuse at the hands of husbands or lovers. It was common for them to wear sunglasses to conceal their injuries.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:35 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

Victor, did you ever meet or hear of a man called Samson Trammel?" asks Cameron.

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 pm
by Overlord87
Victor shakes his head.

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:00 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"Tell us about Konovalov. Who is he?"

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 pm
by Overlord87
"Konovalov, he's a big russian man. Tall, broad, tough. He's bald and always wears sunglasses, always elegant, dressed with a suit. He came to my house the other day, banging on the door. I ran away and never looked back", he shivers a little.

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:10 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

”Okay, but how is he involved in this? Does he work for Brooks?

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:39 am
by HelplessBystander
"Is there any possibility that the woman may be in control rather than Brooks?" Huang Yan asked. "Its just a guess, but seeing as she's the one who brought with her The musicians and whatnot, it seems like Leticia might be in charge as opposed to Brooks."

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:58 pm
by Overlord87
Victor answers to Cam: "I told you, Konovalov works as bodyguard for Brooks. When Brooks needs to threaten or bully someone, he'll ask Konovalov and his thugs", he then turns towards Huang Yan, "Brooks is a man in love, you see. That much is clear. He might be a violent criminal, but he loves that woman. But I think Leticia only cares about the music. All the management, and organization, that's all Brooks I think. It was him that came to talk to me, and handled contracts and business in general".

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:14 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“Yes, you did say that. I remember now. You also mentioned someone called Jorge earlier. Who is he? Your friend?”

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:59 pm
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

Christopher still feels uneasy that Victor can identify them... and the way to Huang Yan's practise but goes along with the others.

OOC:   Sorry for being absent - work has been really busy.  

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:35 pm
by Overlord87
Victor answers to Cam: "I used to do business with Jorge, and yes, you could say we were friends. We used to drink some tequila together from time to time, after work. He had a small manufacturing business, he produced records and sold them to us and a couple more studios here in Mexico City. I think Brooks and Leticia started to work on their own, and went to him to purchase records. Jorge refused to sell them, and a couple of nights later, the factory burns down. Just like that. They could not save anything of value", Victor concludes shaking his head.

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:02 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron nods in understanding.

”Do you know someone called Dominguez?”

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy

"Or Felipe?" adds Holly.

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 pm
by Overlord87
Victor shrugs: "Those are very common names. Of course I know people with those names. Do you want to know if some of Konovalov's thugs have names like that? I don't know. I don't know the name of any of their brutes, you see. Only of Brooks, Leticia and Konovalov".

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron sighs. He gets the impression that Victor isn’t very smart.

“Do you know about any connection to Brooks in Merida?”

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm
by Overlord87
"Merida? I don't think so. There's no business of music recording down there", Victor answers.

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:17 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron frowns. "Did you ever hear about something called Nectar?"

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:38 pm
by Overlord87
Victor turns pale, even more than he already was: "Yes, that's what they called it. When I was at the party at Leticia's house, once... Brooks invited me, you know, when we were still doing business. But I wished I had never gone there. they started using this... this drug... Nectar they called it. It was like honey, the color, the thickness. They would pour it into their ears and they would just go crazy. I didn't take it, I swear to God, I didn't take it. And I left the party as soon as I had the chance".

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:28 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

”In their ears?” wonders Cameron. He’s never heard of a drug like this nectar, despite his criminal and medical past.

”Victor” he says. ”We think they might be producing this nectar here in Mexico. Now have you heard anything like that? We would like you to give us all the addresses you know relating to these people. Can you do that?”

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:59 am
by Mr. Handy

"There are poisons that are administered by ear," says Holly. "That's how Hamlet's father got it. And this stuff is certainly poison. You were smart to get out of there when you did, Victor." She glances at Ian, to see if he has any recollection of how he took the Nectar.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:04 am
by HelplessBystander
“How much of this...Nectar do they have? A large supply of it to be circulated on the black market or no? Regardless of the case, it is...worrying to say the least that something like this is happening on such a scale.” Huang Yan said, as a chill travelled down his spine.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:17 pm
by Overlord87
Victor seems to be willing to help: "Yes, I remember the address of Leticia's apartment, it's in Avenida Melchor Ocampo, 212. A three-storey building, her apartment is number... number 18, yes! I also had Brooks address, but I can't remember it now. I have it written down at home, though. In a matchbook for El Cochinillo, I think you might find it in the kitchen. But be careful if you want to go and pick it up, Konovalov's men might still be waiting for me there. I don't know much more, I think. You might want to ask the musicians that Leticia worked with. As i told you, they often perform at the La Paz. The lead guitarist is a man called Javier Luna. He is the man you want to talk with", he seems to think for a few second more, then shrugs to signal he has nothing more to say. Meanwhile, you have reached Huang Yan's clinic. You pull over the cars and take a quick look around. Everything seems to be as it was when you left.
Ian,You are absolutely sure that back in LA, when you participated in the cult's gatherings, the Nectar was always drank and never introduced into the body from the ear.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:14 pm
by HoneyDog
Before they enter the shop, Cameron takes Victor’s arm.

Victor, after we listen to the record, we’ll want to investigate these addresses. I’d like you to take me to your home. You’ll need to point out anyone who might be with Konovalov, and I’ll enter your home and get the matchbook. You don’t need to come inside, so you won’t be in danger. After that, I promise that we’ll take you to a safe place, maybe even out of Mexico if you desire. We can ask our benefactor for help, she’s very wealthy, and I’m sure that she’ll appreciate what you’ve done for us.”

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

Ian feels uneasy with Victor's accounts in the Nectar administration. "In their ears? Jesus..." He can't avoid poking his own ears with his little finger, looking for imaginary Nectar residue. "As far as I remember we always took this thing orally. It's probably nothing, but was Leticia's music playing at this party? I mean... when they went crazy?"

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:06 pm
by Overlord87
Victor seems really scared at the idea of going back to his house, and answers Cam frantically: "No, please, don't make me go back there. I'm scared. I'll tell you the address and give you the key. Please".

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy

"How else are we to identify Konovalov's goons?" asks Holly. "Perhaps you can describe the ones you've seen, and I could draw them. I've done that sort of thing before."

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:38 am
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

Christopher wonders, like the others, why Nectar would be administered through the ear, they knew it worked from being ingested by regular means by via the ear, that seemed very peculiar. Perhaps the Nectar could penetrate through the skin? But then there were far easier places to administer such 'contact' drugs. Ian confirms that this method of ingestion isn't normal, as far as her knows. A weird suspicion starts to form... "At the party.. before people went crazy.. was there any music being played.. was it the music that Brooks and his wife recorded?"

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:49 pm
by Overlord87
Victor shakes his head as he answers Holly: "No miss, I'm sorry. I don't remember their faces well enough", he then turns towards Ian and Christopher: "There was music at the party, and at a certain point... Yes, at a certain point she herself sang one of her songs".

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:42 pm
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

"So, she sang... and this before the other 'party-goers' went crazy, I mean directly before? Christopher asks, perhaps he's on to something...

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Holly nods, thinking along the same lines as Christopher. "Well, if you can't remember their faces," she says, "going with is the only way you can identify the men watching your house. You'll just have to be careful not to be seen. We can disguise you. Unless your memory is starting to return, perhaps? What about Brooks, Leticia, and Konovalov? Could you describe their faces?"

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 am
by carnage_lee
Christopher Fontana

Christopher listens to Holly put pressure on Victor; the man seemed genuine... well genuinely scared of the predicament he was in, if everything he was telling them was true then he was in grave danger, could they... would they be able to cut the poor man loose and leave him too his fate? That course of action sat uneasy with Christopher and that nagging worry that now Victor could identify them and a desperate man would be ready to trade anything ... should Konovalov and his goons catch up with him he'd be bound to spill his guts. Cameron was right it would be better for the group to keep Victor with them, or set him up somewhere out of the way, it would only be for a few days. He would suggest that, when the time came.

In the meantime it seemed that the group would have to go to Victor's home to get Brook's address, before that perhaps they should go and talk to the musicians? Yes, that made sense, gain as much information before they acted further.

"Why don't we go to this .. La Paz and have a word with the musicians first?

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:50 am
by HelplessBystander
“Perhaps I can go in with a disguise this time and do the dirty work.” Huang Yan volunteered. “Y-y-you feed me the lines, and I’ll go ask the questions.”

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'd like to go to La Paz too," says Holly. "I could put my singing talents to good use there."

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 am
by Overlord87
OOC:   So, to the La Paz then. Are you taking Victor with you? Do you want to listen to the record before going?  

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:56 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,Yes to both. We’ll need Victor to identify the musicians. And we should hear their music first.

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:31 pm
by carnage_lee
OOC:   Yes, let's take Victor.
No, we can listen to the recordings later, if we need to. I think the recordings should be treated with care, they *probably* only effect people already high on Nectar ... better to be safe than sorry.
We have enough clues/information to continue, I think - we will need to recover that address from Victor's place though. I think that could be potentially dangerous, Victor's place will be watched, I am sure.  

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:48 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Agreed, we should bring [b]Victor[/b]. I'm fine with waiting on listening to the record, but we need to make sure it's in a safe place (such as the hotel safe).

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm
by Overlord87
OOC:   Continues here: viewtopic.php?f=352&t=6301