[IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

”In their ears?” wonders Cameron. He’s never heard of a drug like this nectar, despite his criminal and medical past.

”Victor” he says. ”We think they might be producing this nectar here in Mexico. Now have you heard anything like that? We would like you to give us all the addresses you know relating to these people. Can you do that?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There are poisons that are administered by ear," says Holly. "That's how Hamlet's father got it. And this stuff is certainly poison. You were smart to get out of there when you did, Victor." She glances at Ian, to see if he has any recollection of how he took the Nectar.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

“How much of this...Nectar do they have? A large supply of it to be circulated on the black market or no? Regardless of the case, it is...worrying to say the least that something like this is happening on such a scale.” Huang Yan said, as a chill travelled down his spine.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Victor seems to be willing to help: "Yes, I remember the address of Leticia's apartment, it's in Avenida Melchor Ocampo, 212. A three-storey building, her apartment is number... number 18, yes! I also had Brooks address, but I can't remember it now. I have it written down at home, though. In a matchbook for El Cochinillo, I think you might find it in the kitchen. But be careful if you want to go and pick it up, Konovalov's men might still be waiting for me there. I don't know much more, I think. You might want to ask the musicians that Leticia worked with. As i told you, they often perform at the La Paz. The lead guitarist is a man called Javier Luna. He is the man you want to talk with", he seems to think for a few second more, then shrugs to signal he has nothing more to say. Meanwhile, you have reached Huang Yan's clinic. You pull over the cars and take a quick look around. Everything seems to be as it was when you left.
Ian,You are absolutely sure that back in LA, when you participated in the cult's gatherings, the Nectar was always drank and never introduced into the body from the ear.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Before they enter the shop, Cameron takes Victor’s arm.

Victor, after we listen to the record, we’ll want to investigate these addresses. I’d like you to take me to your home. You’ll need to point out anyone who might be with Konovalov, and I’ll enter your home and get the matchbook. You don’t need to come inside, so you won’t be in danger. After that, I promise that we’ll take you to a safe place, maybe even out of Mexico if you desire. We can ask our benefactor for help, she’s very wealthy, and I’m sure that she’ll appreciate what you’ve done for us.”
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian feels uneasy with Victor's accounts in the Nectar administration. "In their ears? Jesus..." He can't avoid poking his own ears with his little finger, looking for imaginary Nectar residue. "As far as I remember we always took this thing orally. It's probably nothing, but was Leticia's music playing at this party? I mean... when they went crazy?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Victor seems really scared at the idea of going back to his house, and answers Cam frantically: "No, please, don't make me go back there. I'm scared. I'll tell you the address and give you the key. Please".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"How else are we to identify Konovalov's goons?" asks Holly. "Perhaps you can describe the ones you've seen, and I could draw them. I've done that sort of thing before."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher wonders, like the others, why Nectar would be administered through the ear, they knew it worked from being ingested by regular means by via the ear, that seemed very peculiar. Perhaps the Nectar could penetrate through the skin? But then there were far easier places to administer such 'contact' drugs. Ian confirms that this method of ingestion isn't normal, as far as her knows. A weird suspicion starts to form... "At the party.. before people went crazy.. was there any music being played.. was it the music that Brooks and his wife recorded?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Victor shakes his head as he answers Holly: "No miss, I'm sorry. I don't remember their faces well enough", he then turns towards Ian and Christopher: "There was music at the party, and at a certain point... Yes, at a certain point she herself sang one of her songs".
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"So, she sang... and this before the other 'party-goers' went crazy, I mean directly before? Christopher asks, perhaps he's on to something...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly nods, thinking along the same lines as Christopher. "Well, if you can't remember their faces," she says, "going with is the only way you can identify the men watching your house. You'll just have to be careful not to be seen. We can disguise you. Unless your memory is starting to return, perhaps? What about Brooks, Leticia, and Konovalov? Could you describe their faces?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher listens to Holly put pressure on Victor; the man seemed genuine... well genuinely scared of the predicament he was in, if everything he was telling them was true then he was in grave danger, could they... would they be able to cut the poor man loose and leave him too his fate? That course of action sat uneasy with Christopher and that nagging worry that now Victor could identify them and a desperate man would be ready to trade anything ... should Konovalov and his goons catch up with him he'd be bound to spill his guts. Cameron was right it would be better for the group to keep Victor with them, or set him up somewhere out of the way, it would only be for a few days. He would suggest that, when the time came.

In the meantime it seemed that the group would have to go to Victor's home to get Brook's address, before that perhaps they should go and talk to the musicians? Yes, that made sense, gain as much information before they acted further.

"Why don't we go to this .. La Paz and have a word with the musicians first?
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

“Perhaps I can go in with a disguise this time and do the dirty work.” Huang Yan volunteered. “Y-y-you feed me the lines, and I’ll go ask the questions.”
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd like to go to La Paz too," says Holly. "I could put my singing talents to good use there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   So, to the La Paz then. Are you taking Victor with you? Do you want to listen to the record before going?  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Yes to both. We’ll need Victor to identify the musicians. And we should hear their music first.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Yes, let's take Victor.
No, we can listen to the recordings later, if we need to. I think the recordings should be treated with care, they *probably* only effect people already high on Nectar ... better to be safe than sorry.
We have enough clues/information to continue, I think - we will need to recover that address from Victor's place though. I think that could be potentially dangerous, Victor's place will be watched, I am sure.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Agreed, we should bring [b]Victor[/b]. I'm fine with waiting on listening to the record, but we need to make sure it's in a safe place (such as the hotel safe).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper