[IC - MEXICO] Local Connection

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Local Connection

Post by Overlord87 »

Huang Yan's quick tongue works wonders on the employee, that finally accepts to open up the box for you. "Take your time, Señor", he adds with a smile before leaving.

You quickly search the inside of the box. There are, in fact, three letters inside.

One is a power bill for the Luz Records office in 33 Morelos Avenue.

Then there is a postcard from Mérida, Mexico. It is sent by Dominguéz, dated one week ago. It says: "Departing today for the site. Will write again when back in Mérida".

Finally, there's an unopened letter from Samson Trammel, dated five days ago. "Anticipating another update soon. Where is our product? Where is the new record? Do tell. Hurry. Waiting".
Accounting on the power bill,The office has not been using much electricity in the last few weeks.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Good work Huang Yan says Cameron. “You saved yourself some money. Try to remember the contents of these, its better if we don’t take anything.”

He fetches some glue to reseal the envelopes of the letters. “With luck, no-one will notice. Alright, return the key to the man and let’s get out of here.”
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Huang Yan smiled and nodded in acknowledgement. Remembering the contents of the envelope will be a piece of cake. “I believe it’s time to leave. Who knows, I might even get a few more customers by the end of the day. Did we miss anything else? Any other ‘clues’ to latch onto?”
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"I don't know. It's interesting that Trammel mentions the new record. Let's see what the others think."
OOC,I'm hoping that they reach the car without incident!
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Sure. Let's go." Huang Yan said, his mind already wandering back to his store. A grin rose.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You return to the car safely.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Back in the car, Cameron relates what they learned to the others.

“It seems that your instincts about that record are right” he says to Holly. “There’s definitely more to it. That makes our visit Estudio del Manana even more vital. I’m sorry to be so cautious all the time, but we’ll need to tread very carefully when we go there, as it’s likely just a front for something else.”

He pauses.

“We’ll have to find out about this Dominguez. Where is Merida? And what is ‘the site’? Lots of questions, and not many answers.”
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Indeed. The streets of Mexico isn't exactly filled with sunshine and rainbows. We will need to be cautious. The worst case scenario is me and Cameron over there gets identified. You guys...I don't know, but we'll need to cover our tracks." Huang Yan said to no one in particular.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher listens as Cam and [Huang Yan[/b] recount what was in the PO Box . "Mérida .. that's the capital of Yucatan, there's a lot of archaeological sites there.. Mayan. So 'site' could very well mean one of those.. but that would be hard to pin-point unless we had more information."

---
"Well, Holly and I have already been poking around Luz Records, we worked up a 'cover story' we can continue with that ... perhaps we had better see what Manana Studio is before we decide , if it is connected to the music industry then we can revive that 'story'." turning to Holly "After all we need to get your dining career under-way.." he winks.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“What would they want with a Mayan site?”
says Cameron. “Could it be related to their rituals, I wonder? I really don’t know anything about this stuff. But maybe we should get over to the Studios now. I want to find out more about these ‘records’”.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Of course. Pursuing nearby clues seems to be a logical course of action." Huang Yan said.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm ready to become the next singing sensation," Holly says to Christopher with a grin. "You can take me out of Hollywood, but you can't take Hollywood out of me. When we do head to the Mayan site, I'm your girl there too. I've been studying up on archaeology."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

After a long silence Ian nods in agreement. "I agree. We should go to this studio next."

He lights a cigarette and continues. "Sorry, I was here thinking about the letters we have and looks like something is not working so well between our friend Trammel and his buddy Brooks, right? I mean, first we have Felipe's letter to Roberto, where he says that "Brooks has lost control of things" and "selling is not going well". Also, Roberto had asked Felipe to investigate Luz Records. We get here and Felipe is dead, murdered, with a note in his pocket where he's asked to check if anyone is picking up the mail at the PO Box and, again, asking about Luz Records. At the PO box, which is registered under Brooks' name and Luz Records address, we have a letter from Trammel himself, asking about their product and "the new record", and looking somewhat worried with "Do tell. Hurry. Waiting". We know for a fact that Luz Records is closed so... what's happening? Did Brooks disappeared on Trammel? Maybe he's dead and we have another player here, but... What if Brooks killed Felipe when he started investigating Luz Records and the PO Box? In any case, friends, we're in danger."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Hey. No one said otherwise." Huang Yan shrugged. Dying seems like a real possibility.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"That's a pretty good theory, Ian" admits Cameron."Whatever happens, I think we'll be encountering Mr. Brooks at some point. But if we're cautious, they won't realise that we're down here in Mexico, at least for a while. Now, why don't we head over to the Studio before they close for lunch?"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

“Alright, but at least me to be home in time for dinner.” Huang Yan sighed in resignation.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Continues here: viewtopic.php?f=352&t=6201  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”