[IC - MEXICO] After the first day

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

[IC - MEXICO] After the first day

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam, Ian and Clarence return to the hotel after nightfall. They meet Holly and Christopher as they were heading out to the Hotel Victoria to check on them, worried for their late return. Happy that everyone's okay, the team gathers at one restaurant specialized in Pozole, a typical mexican soup-like dish. The hot steam feels nice in the surprisingly cold mexican night, and with a pleasantly filled belly they're ready to discuss their findings and plan for the following day.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: [IC - MEXICO] After the first day

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher thanks Cam for his lock-picking lesson as he and Holly recount how they collected the papers from the vacated offices of Luz Records and finishing with ... "We've asked the concierge to find a gramophone so that we can listen to the record we found; and I suppose we'll investigate Estudio del Mañana tomorrow."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron has been quiet and distant throughout the meal, now he is nursing a beer as he listens to the story.

He relates their tale. “We spent half the day deciding how to get to Felipe, only to discover that someone had got to him first. He was killed, and not nicely. I’ve seen lot of dead men, but not one whose killer took pleasure in their death.”

He straightens up and shows them the note.

"PO1629 check if anyone picks up the mail. Report on local activities and situation at Luz Records. T. wants answers".

“This must be a post office box. 'T' could be Trammel. Perhaps before we go to the Estudio, we should check it out. And we need to be very careful, I don’t want us to split up anymore.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I agree, we need to stick together," says Holly. "We'll need to check out the P.O. Box as soon as possible, but there's a chance it's being watched, so we should examine the area carefully before we approach."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“That’s right. But first we need to locate the box. There must be a central post office. Maybe it’s located there, or they’ll be able to tell us where it is.”
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian takes a good sip at his beer while looking at the note. "I agree, no more splitting. Things got ugly pretty quickly around here." He then turns to Christopher and Holly. "The note mentions a 'situation at Luz Records'. Do you have any idea what the note may be referring to?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We don't know yet," says Holly, "but I'm hoping we find out about it when we look through the stuff we brought back from there. I'm guessing whatever happened is the reason they relocated and changed their name."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"Why don't we start having a look now? Or do we need to get it translated?"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher points to the invoice "I don't think we need a translation... it's a bill for services or use of this .. well 'Mañana' means tomorrow ... so 'Studio of Tomorrow' and we have the address, of course there won't be anyone around there now and I don't think we can 'keep' breaking into places, we're bound to run out of luck and attract the attention of the authorities. This studio might be where the record we found was pressed or probably recorded, either way enquiring when the place is open will let us know. I think we're into another mystery here.. why would a cult that is producing and 'selling' a drug want with producing records? Also.. this note, was it meant for Felipe or was he going to give it to someone else? It's likely that Trammel wanted the PO box watched and that Felipe was acting for Trammel, so who killed him? Was Felipe watching the PO Box? Was this why he was killed?

Anyway, Christopher will suggest that they ask a waiter for hep in pinpointing the Post Office and where Mañana Studios are - going to the nearest location in the morning. And for this evening they gather and listen to the record to see if that holds any clues.
OOC:   The note - probably indicates that the PO Box is being watched (unless Felipe was doing that) but it's probably best to assume that he (Felipe) had someone else watch it.
If we go with that then we could probably work out a plan to find the spy.
What would we need in the way of ID would we need to access the PO Box?

I think Luz Records have done a 'moonlight flit' but why? Asking around at Studio Mañana might help track them down.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron shrugs. “The studio could be a front of some kind. They might use it to launder profits. As far as Felipe goes, it’s possible that they have competitors here – maybe someone else wants in on the Nectar business.”

He yawns, and apologises. “Sorry, I need a coffee. Let’s get the waiter”.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The concierge would be a better person to ask, if this hotel has one," says Holly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The conciergie is an efficient little man, who speaks some words of English. "Coffee, sure", he says. "Miss, the gramophone. You ask, yes?", he seems to gesture to follow him to another room.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Should we all listen to this record? I mean.. we don't know anything about what they were trying to do.. it's possible it might have some sinister purpose or have some strange effect on.. certain people." Christopher tries not to let his gaze fall on Ian as he says this, feeling a little uncomfortable in voicing his concerns.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian understand what Fontana is insinuating. Even if he doesn't like it, he knows the man has a point. They don't know the nature of the record, and if it is related to Nectar in any way, they don't know what it could trigger on him.

"No need to sugarcoat it, Christopher. I understand your worries. But maybe we can use my weakness, my addiction, or whatever it is, to better understand what we're dealing with, if that's the case. Maybe you can listen to it first and see what it's about. I'll wait outside. Or..." He pauses for a minute, pondering and trying to overcome the embarrassment ... Or you can tie me up and see if the record have any effect on a Nectar user. He chugs a whole glass of beer.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," Holly says to the concierge. "I'll be just a moment." She turns to her friends. "I'm going to listen to the record now. Anyone who wishes is welcome to join me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Ian ans I will wait outside, we'll listen after you, that way we ought to be covered if there's anything untoward in the recording.." he smiles briefly at Ian a little ashamed to have voiced his concerns and to see the effect of his words.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"I'll listen with you too, Doctor. Why don't you join us, Clarence. It might give you something to say." He winks at the unusually silent detective.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Clarence nods as he says: "Sorry, I was just thinking this case keeps getting stranger and stranger. Let's go".

Clarence, Cam and Holly follow the concierge in a small room where a gramophone has been placed over a small wooden table. The man smiles and leaves the room, closing the door. You put the record on and sit to listen. The record turns out to be damaged, and that's probably the reason it was left behind. The music is often broken by long seconds of white noise, turning the whole experience into an annoying mess. Still, the song seems to be a standard love song in Spanish, rhythmically sung between wordless crooning, with the most common words being "mi coràzon", "mi amor", "mi nombre" and "mi boca".
Art,The main singer is quite good. Her voice seems to vibrate, and you wonder if she makes use of some technique to modulate her voice.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron looks puzzled.

"Well, apart from the strange noises, that sounded pretty ordinary to me. But then I'm not very musical."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Did you hear the vibration in her voice?" asks Holly. "It sounds like it's been modulated, perhaps electronically."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”