[IC-MEXICO] The Victoria Hotel (Cam, Clarence and Ian)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC-MEXICO] The Victoria Hotel (Cam, Clarence and Ian)

Post by Overlord87 »

It's not hard to find some rope to buy, along with an empty sack to put over the man's face. After that, a short phone call it's enough to enlist Franck's help - a man of few words, he'll help you with anything as long as you're doing Mrs. Winston-Rogers's job. Once you get to the airport, he'll be ready to open the hangar and let you in.

Then, all that's left it's actually kidnapping the man.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron lays out his plan.

“We’ll need to lure him out, then get him into the car and restrain him. I suggest the easiest way will be for one of us to go to the hotel and tell him Ricardo is waiting for him, and then drive him to the airport. He won’t know us, so he might be suspicious and will have to be forced, so maybe I should be the one. I’ll tell him I work for Ricardo up in LA. One of you should be in the car too just in case he changes his mind and doesn’t want to come. What do you think?”
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"All right", says Clarence. "I'll be in the car, and I think it's best Ian waits with me. He might be recognized, we can't take that risk".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"We need to pick a spot which we can easily get out of. Watch it for a while too. We don't want to get surprised by the cops. Once I'm satisfied, I'll go get Felipe".
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You double check the hotel and the surrounding area. The hotel has a back door, that seems to be locked, but not particularly robust. In case of need, it could be easily slammed open with a shoulder charge.
The area is little trafficked, both by people and vehicles. Getting away in a hurry in case of trouble should not be a problem.

The man sleeping near the front door is now awake and cleaning the main hall with slow, unenthusiastic sweeps of an old broom.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

The car and the restraints ready, the snatch point located; Cameron feels ready. He checks his pistol and strides into the hotel.

Seeing the man sweeping, Cameron addresses him using the little Spanish he picked up in prison.

"Buenas Dias señor. Señor Felipe, por favor." He holds out an American five dollar bill.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian sees Cam approaching the man and lights a cigarette. "Ok, we are on. Let's hope for the best."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The man smiles as the bill disappears inside a pocket, then says: "Cuarto numero once". As Cam looks at him questioningly, he writes down an "11" on a piece of paper and gestures him in. Less than a minute later, Cam is in front of the door to the room number eleven. The interior of the hotel is not dirty, but looks neglected, with paintings left hanging crooked, and tapestry that should have been changed years ago. The noises of the city disappear inside, and there's a general atmosphere of sleepiness. No one seems to be around, and no sound comes from inside the room.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Making sure that his gun can be drawn quickly, Cameron knocks on the door.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

There's no answer from inside the room.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron puts his hand on his gun, and slowly turns the door handle.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The handle turns without a sound and Cam slowly pushes the door open, just enough to slip inside. Luckily, considering the state the hotel is in, the door opens without creaking. Soon, though, it becomes clear that being cautious was unnecessary. There's only a body inside the room, laying on the bed on his back, shirt drenched in blood. The mouth has been horribly mutilated with a knife or some similar tool, and it's unsettling just to keep watching the mess. The dead man seems to be mexican.
OOC:   Roll against a Stability loss.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Sorry Overlord, I'm away from home and don't have my rules. What dice should I roll?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   1d6 against a fixed difficulty or 4 (5 for Mythos encounters, but this is clearly not the case). As for any General ability, you can spend points from your Stability pool to improve the roll dice, although this is mostly used when facing a large loss.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The mutated face of the dead man turns Cameron's stomach, and he has to walk away. He wasn't expecting such a sight. Trying to pull himself together, he begins to search the room.
OOC,Cameron will spend 2 points to offset any loss. [url=http://orokos.com/roll/559965]Stability Loss[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]6[/b]
OOC:   How long can he estimate that the man has been dead for?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam steels himself and begins to examine the body, relying on his past experience as military medic. The man was definitely killed within the last few hours, the cause of death are multiple stab wounds inflicted with a long knife. The same knife appears to have been used on his mouth. All the teeth are still there, so the wounds were not inflicted to remove any of them. It simply appears as if someone enjoyed disfiguring the man's face after his death.

The man has a gun on him, behind his back, but it doesn't look like he had the time to use it. On the left pocket of his trousers there's a wallet with a few dollars and an ID identifying him as Felipe Morales. Nothing much of interest can be found on his body or in the room.
1-point Evidence Collection spend,There's a small note hidden very carefully inside one of his bags. It says: "PO1629 check if anyone picks up the mail. Report on local activities and situation at Luz Records. T. wants answers".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron takes the gun and the note and leaves the room, wiping any surfaces he has touched. He heads back to meet the others.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Back to the hotel now?  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   I think we should head to Luz Records - the others might be in danger.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

It's dark by the time you reach the Luz Records offices. The small street is empty and dark, and there seems to be no one around.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”