Page 1 of 1

[IC - MEXICO] A New World

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:03 pm
by Overlord87
While definitely quicker than crossing the United States, the flight to Mexico City still takes more than a few hours. You manage to get some good sleep during the flight, for once without having to worry about the cult or its agents. Finally, you land in the airport of Balbuena, Mexico City, the following morning.

For some of you, this might be the first time leaving the United States. Still, in a way, you left a metropolis to jump into another one. Mexico City is the political, financial and cultural center of the country; so important, in fact, that it is a district on its own inside the country, el Distrito Federal. Originally, the city was built over the Lake Texcoco, and known with the name Tenochtitlán. It took more than one year to the Spanish to conquer the city, until they finally succeeded in 1521, under the leadership of Hernàn Cortés. It was then that the city became knows as Mexico City. Growing under the Spanish influence, churches and colonial palaces became more and more frequent inside the city. At the same time, the lake was ravaged and practically disappeared. As the centuries passed, the current, modern Mexico City was slowly born.

It is an easy task to arrange an hangar to host the plane, and with some money quietly entering the right pockets, you also manage to avoid any inspection of your luggage and your pockets. As usual, Frank tells you he'll be waiting near the airport, ready to leave at your request. You hope you won't be chased out of towns by the threat of the cult's thugs, this time around.
OOC,[ooc]So, do you proceed at usual with two rented cars and rooms in a couple of hotels? Also, I'll assume you'll contact Mrs. Winston-Rogers as soon as you settle down - otherwise, let me know. Finally, let me know how you want to proceed with your investigation.[/ooc]

Re: [IC - MEXICO] A New World

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

Holly sends Mrs. Winston-Rogers a telegram with all the details once they've checked in to their hotel rooms, giving her all the details.
OOC,Multiple hotels sounds good to me. I didn't see any specific leads about Mexico City in the Diary section, but maybe they aren't in there yet, so I'm not sure how much we know. I can think of two angles we might want to pursue, and we can do so in parallel. Some of us could contact the police directly and try to find out what they know about Nectar and its manufacture and trade, while another group could pretend to be in the market for it and nose around on the streets. Either may alert the cult to our presence, but I don't see any alternative to finding out more information.

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:53 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC,You're forgetting the letter which led us down here Mr. Handy. The leads are Felipe at the Victoria Hotel, and Luz Records. Have a look at the last page of Preparing for War.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:34 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Thanks, I'd forgotten about that. It's been almost two months since then. In that case, we should locate [b]Felipe[/b] and find out what we can about Luz Records. Some of us can follow him if he leaves the hotel, and the rest of us could try to get into his room while he's gone.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:37 am
by Overlord87
ooc,I'll update the Diary as soon as I can. For now, it covers up to the UCLA thread. So, do you want to split up? Some at the Victoria Hotel, some searching info on Luz Records?

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,All right, I'll look into Luz Records.

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:48 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,Cameron can check out Felipe.

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:09 pm
by carnage_lee
OOC,Christopher will get onto Luz Records too.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:55 am
by Overlord87
You book three rooms at the Hotel Maria Cristina, then three more at the Hotel del Angel, where you set your actual base of operation. After having settled down, Holly sends a telegram to Boston, and you hope to have your answer by tomorrow. It's slightly before noon, and the day is sunny and hot.

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy

"Shall we head out and see what we can learn about our leads?" asks Holly. "It won't be easy without any of us knowing Spanish, but Mexico City is a huge metropolis and used to tourists, so some people will still understand English. It's also a Catholic country, so my Latin may prove useful even where English isn't spoken. I'd like to check out Luz Records. The concierge should be able to provide directions."

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:39 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"Who's going to come with me to check on this Felipe?"

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:19 am
by Percy Shipton
"Miss Holly, if you'll be alright, I'll go with Cameron to see about Felipe."

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:07 pm
by Overlord87
OOC:   I was waiting for leonardolad, hopefully he hasn't gone missing. I'll have him go with Cam and Clarence, and move things on. I'll open the new threads as soon as I can.