[IC - LA] The Studios (Cam, Ian and Christopher)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: [IC - LA] The Studios (Cam, Ian and Christopher)

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron controls himself with an effort.

“I’m trying to keep us alive. How do you know she isn’t still in contact with Trammel? I was hired to provide security, and that’s what I’m doing. I was nearly killed yesterday after trusting Ian, and I’m not making that mistake again. So please excuse me if I appear ‘aggressive’” he says, with heavy sarcasm.

He pulls away from Christopher and goes back to Stone. “Get her now” he snarls.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Stone takes a step back, looking scared for a second. Then he straightens up and says: "We're leaving. Don't contact us again", he then turns and walks away.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher shakes his head at Cam's outburst, the man was handling this all wrong... then Stone makes his not unreasonable reaction and walks away. Deciding that the situation was pretty much ruined he decided to do the same. Christopher heads through the lobby and outside onto the side-walk.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron goes after Stone and catches him up .

"Stone, wait. We only want to ask her some questions about the past. The cult she was involved in were very dangerous and they still exist. I don't know whether she is still associated with them, so I have to be careful.I don't know if you're familiar with that part of her life, but I'm sure you don't want it to get out. So you give us thirty minutes, then we're gone forever. If not, we do have evidence of her involvement and we will release it. Now, can we stop screwing around and talk?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Stone replies curtly, anger flashing through his voice: "What the hell are you talking about? A cult? Are you mad? Get lost, before I call the police".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Assess Honesty,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/528769]Assess Honesty[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]5[/b]
Stone’s reaction surprises Cameron. “You really don’t know, do you? Listen, sit down a minute.”
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   You can't choose how a NPC reacts ;) I have edited your post.  
Assess Honesty,It seems he really has no idea what you are talking about. Also, he looks seriously pissed right now. You'll need to work on him if you want to keep the conversation going. Simply telling him to sit down won't do. Also, no need to roll, as Assess Honesty is an investigative ability and investigative abilities always succeed when used ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   I didn't think I had.  
Cameron sits down without waiting for Stone. He wants a rest. He begins talking.

“Didn’t it seem strange to you why she agreed to this meeting? WIth strangers at such short notice? Clarendon was a member of a cult a long time ago, when she was starting out. It was run by a man called Ramon Echavarria, and they indulged in orgies including sex and drugs, and we suspect the worship of some kind of god. The cult was broken up, and her association probably ended there, but we have evidence now that they still exist, and are engaged in drug manufacturing and selling. They are very dangerous, and that’s why I’m on edge and being extra suspicious.”

He pauses.

“If we speak to Olivia, we can clear up any suspicion of her involvement, and things can get back to normal for you – I promise we’ll be gone. But if she is still involved, your reputation will go down the toilet. So either way, you need us to talk to her.”
OOC:   Can I use Reassurance?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Look, I'm her agent, I know her every move. She's not involved in any strange shit, all right?", he answers. He seems to be listening, but still on edge.
OOC:   You can use Reassurance, but you'll need a 2-points spend if you still want to talk with Olivia.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Sure, I'll spend the points.  
"Fair enough, she's not involved now, but she certainly was. And this thing can come back to bite her on the ass if you're not careful. We're doing our damndnest to put this cult down, and we can keep her involvement quiet. But we need to know what she knows. You stay with her while we talk, I guess you need to hear it too."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian remains silent for the whole exchange, uncomfortable after the scene in the hotel. When things looked calmer between Cam and Stone he enters the conversation. "We are trying to put some pieces together here, Mr. Stone. I believe you when you say she's not involved, but a few years back she had contact with this fella, Echavarria, and his group. Were you her agent back in the early 20s, when she was starting her acting career?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Stone looks confusedly between Ian and Cam: "Look, I don't really get what you're saying. And I'm not sure Olivia even had an agent in the early twentirs. But you do understand she's one of the most famous women in America now, right? You can't have a conversation with her in an hotel lobby and hope that conversation will be private. Plus", he adds with a quick glance at Cam, "I can't really have her seen with someone like you - no offense. If you don't want to talk with her in the private room here, we can use one of the hotel room upstairs. Just try to be reasonable, all right?".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron smiles. "I wouldn't want to embarrass the great lady with my ugly mug. But you might be in for a shock after you hear what she has to say."

He stands up. "A private room is fine. But I insist on checking it first. It needs to be on the ground floor with windows. I'm sorry if I seem paranoid, but there it is. Is that acceptable?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Stone shrugs, as if saying "do what you want", then after a quick discussion with the hotel staff (and a generous tip), he comes back with a key and leads you along a corridor to a small wooden door. He opens it and allows Cam to check inside - the room looks empty, apart from a couple of couches and a small, round table. Then, after a few minutes, he comes back with a woman, wearing a large hat and sunglasses and walking at a brisk pace. She stops to look at you for a second, then heads inside and sits on one of the couches. "I'll be waiting outside until you're done", Stone says, "I think I don't want to hear anything else about this story", he finishes while resting his back against the wall opposite the door.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron’s painful shoulder, and general fatigue, stops him from punching Stone in the face as hard as he can. “After all that, the man just washes his hands.”

Instead, he checks his temper and turns to Ian. “Why don’t you get acquainted? Or perhaps reacquainted. I want to check outside to make sure everything is clear. And maybe Christopher might still be sulking around here somewhere. I'll be back shortly.”

He heads off.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Sure." He says, avoiding eye-contact with Cam. He sits on the other couch, opposed to Olivia and lights a cigarette, measuring the woman in front of him. Even though she's extremely beautiful, he can't avoid thinking how cliché for a movie star to use sunglasses and such a big hat indoors.
"Thank you for accept this meeting, Ms. Clarendon. I'm pretty sure you're a busy person, and we don't want to take your time more than needed, so I'll go straight to the point. Do you know a man named Echavarria?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron steps outside and lights a cigarette. His nerves are still on edge as he scans the street for anything suspicious. Yesterday’s events shocked him more than he realized, and the conversation with Clarence has maybe created some doubts of his own.

“Is this really worth getting killed over?” he ponders.
Sense Trouble,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/530059]Sense Trouble[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]5[/b]
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

When the door closes, Olivia takes off her coat, hat and the sunglasses. She is stunningly beautiful, perhaps even more so than on screen. Her blond hair seems to shine even in the dim light of the room. "I did, unfortunately. But you have me at a disadvantage here, mister...?", she lets her voice trail off at the end of the question.
Cam,You don't notice anything suspicious.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Satisfied that everything seems okay, Cameron returns to the room. He informs the concierge of their location in case Christopher returns.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Oh, sorry. John, and this here is my friend Benjamin." He says, pointing to Cam. "What can you tell us about Mr. E and his group?"

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”