[IC - LA] The Studios (Cam, Ian and Christopher)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

[IC - LA] The Studios (Cam, Ian and Christopher)

Post by Overlord87 »

The day after, you travel under the sun to the studios where she should be shooting at. You have no trouble getting there, and it's a simple task to ask around and confirm that Olivia Clarendon is here, right now. In fact, there are many fans of hers, with photos in hand, willing to wait the whole day just for the chance to catch a glimpse of her idol. You also spot many journalists lurking around.

And obviously, there's security. Not everyone is allowed in, and certainly not the fans and the journalists. It doesn't seem likely they'll let you in very easily.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: [IC - LA] The Studios (Cam, Ian and Christopher)

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron looks at the crowds and sighs. "I don't see how we can talk our way into there." he says. "We need a way to attract her attention. Let's call her agent, and tell them we need to talk to her about Trammel or nectar or something. The danger of that is that if she is still in contact with Trammel, then she is in a position to set us up."

He thinks for a moment. "I wonder if she remembers you, Ian".
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian denies with his head. "I don't think we ever met. Olivia Clarendon was involved in this thing back in Echavarria's days, I think." He looks at the crowd around "I agree. I think our best shot is her agent. Maybe we can call one of these security fellas and see if he can say to her agent that we have some questions regarding the cult. These people are too worry about their image to let something like this pass."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“That’s if her agent knows anything about that stuff. And there’s no reason why they would pass on any message. It’s a pretty long shot.”

He drums his fingers on the steering wheel.

“We’re better off trying to get to her away from all this circus. When she gets home, or goes to dinner, or something. We need to give her an indication of what we know directly, so she has no choice but to listen. That means shadowing her, which means more time in LA. Do you guys have any more ideas? Frankly, I’m for heading down to Mexico.”
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana
"I don't see what talking to Olivia Clarendon can add to what we know.. it is likely that she's not involved any more and if she does still have ties with the cult then that will only add to the danger we are in." He nods to Ian. "And while it's true that her reputation may be paramount, the studio's have a lot of power... we don't want to make any more enemies, if anything we need allies, Clarendon would be a better as a 'friend' to us."
OOC:   We could leave a message with her agent... mention echivarria and ask her to call the hotel?

Meta: we should consider what info we might gain.. this certainly won't be a core clue.. so do we need it?  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   If she does still have ties to the cult then we had better be out of that hotel. But the plan is sound if we bribe the hotel manager or someone similar to pass on a call to us, and warn us if any shady types come sniffing around. Call her agent and tell them that Echavarria would like to talk to her. See if we get a reaction from her.

Any information she gives might be useful in understanding the intentions of the cult.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

OOC:   Maybe a call, then. I agree that it probably won't be a core clue, but maybe it will add something to the big picture.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   So, are you going to call the agent? What will you say to him?  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Like I said, as it would probably be impossible to speak to her directly, we can ask the agent to pass on the message that someone wants to talk to her about Echavarria. We specify a time when we will call back, and she needs to be available to take the call. How does it sound?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You manage to speak with the agent and, although reluctantly, convince him to pass your message to Olivia Clarendon. When you later call, you hear a female voice on the other side of the phone: "This is Olivia speaking. Who am I talking to?".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron clears his throat.

“Olivia, I represent a group who investigating Echavarria and his cult. We know that you were involved. We’re not looking to expose you, but we have some questions that we want answered. Answer them satisfactorily, and you’ll never hear from us again. If you don’t talk to us, it could make problems for your reputation and career. We need to speak to you, alone, within the hour.”
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher will go along... but he's not happy about it. He is definitely of the impression that getting out of LA is the best thing to do.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

There is a long silence. You can hear her breathing, quickly. Then she says: : "I think you misunderstood... and I know the man, Echavarria, is long dead... God be praised. Meet me at the Metropolitan Hotel, I will explain to you".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"Go to the hotel now. We'll meet you there, but we'll talk in our car. I'm not taking any chances."

He rings off and tells the others of the plan.

"Let's head over there now."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Twenty minutes later, you are entering the Metropolitan Hotel. You don't see Olivia in the main hall, but you check the reception and discover that she's in the hotel. Shortly after, a man dressed in an elegant suit approaches you, introducing himself as Jonathan Stone, Olivia's agent. You recognize his voice from your earlier call. He studies you for a second, looking particularly wary of Cam, then says: "Olivia is waiting for you, in a private room. I'll be standing outside. This way or no way. And don't try anything funny".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron’s having none of it.

“You don’t get to dictate terms, Stone. I can go and call the newspapers right now if you like. We talk where we’re safe, not in some private room. Wait here, all of you.”

He walks off to check around, looking out for points of entry and exit, and any suspicious looking individuals.
Sense Trouble,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/527440]Sense Trouble[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]2[/b]
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Not safe? Is this some kind of joke? You're three men, she's a woman, what do you think she'll do? Suffocate you with her perfume?", he laughes nervously, still looking wary of Cam. "I'm the one who should be worried here. You can be criminals for all I know. Hell, you probably are. She's not leaving this hotel with you".
Cam,You see nothing suspicious.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Fine. We’ll do it here, in the lobby. You can stay, but keep your mouth shut. Bring her now.”
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"One second please... " Christopher says to Stone, with that Christopher steps away, pulling Cam with him.

Stopping some distance away Christopher talks to Cam in a low voice. "I don't think we need to be this 'aggressive' Cam, even in a private room this is still a public space ... besides we don't want to be noticed having a meeting with Clarendon ... thinks like that get remembered, we need to keep things on the 'down low' as much as possible." Christopher says, "We have the leverage here.." he says, tapping his briefcase* "Let's play this out by following Clarendon's lead ... she didn't have to meet with us."

Christopher looks Cam in the eye... "Trust me on this... OK?" he says earnestly.

*Taking a liberty and suggesting that the photo's are in Christopher's briefcase.
OOC,Would it be reasonable to assume that we have all the photo's that have Clarendon in them?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   In the photos you retrieved from the safebox, there is no trace of Olivia Clarendon. You do have the poster signed by Olivia to Ayers, though. You can check The Diary topic if you need to refresh your memory ;)  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”