[IC - LA] Preparing for War

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: [IC - LA] Preparing for War

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"The Mexican's name was Ricardo Porta" says Cameron, holding out the man's wallet. " It's clear that the nectar business is still running, and Echavarria has a stake in it, if he's not running it outright. Before I would have tried to get the police involved, but now..." he trails off... "I'm at a loss about what to do. We need an angle. Unless we get ourselves over to Ethiopia and let things here blow over for a bit."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I thought Echavarria was killed in 1924," says Holly. "Isn't Trammel in charge of the operation today?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"I meant to say Trammel."He closes his eyes. "I should lay down for a little bit."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

You share the new information, rest and keep an eye on Ian. He returns to normality in about a couple of hours.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Are you feeling better, Ian?" asks Holly. "Do you feel up to talking about what happened?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Overlord,Do I have any recollection of what happened after I took the vial content?
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

While waiting for Ian to shrug off the drug's effects he sets about searching the room to make sure that Ian hasn't hidden any more doses of the drug.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

leonardolad,Unfortunately, Ian remembers everything he has said and done.
Christopher,There's an empty vial, under the bed. It must have fallen there after Ian took his dose. It's not entirely empty, though - there are still a couple of droplets.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian awakes hearing Holly's voice. He's not sure about what happened until he opens his eyes and sees her by his side. Suddenly he remembers everything he said and did. The shame is unbearable. For a few moments, all he wants is to disappear. But he can't, and after all he have said, Holly deserves an apology. Holly... He sits in the bed without looking at her. I... I don't know what to say. I'm... Jesus Christ... I'm so sorry. I never thought I would... I'm sorry. He looks down for a moment, then finally finds the guts to look his companions in the eye. "I failed you. I came here for a change of clothes for Cam, but I couldn't resist. I took the damn thing. He was down there, covered in blood BECAUSE OF ME ... and I couldn't resist it. I failed him, and I failed you all. I'm sorry." He bends his head, feeling disgraced.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron regards Ian quietly before speaking.

"You need to get yourself straightened out. We'll help you as best we can. But I won't let you take anymore risks. I hope you understand."

He changes the subject. "The man in the lobby, his name was Ricardo Porta. What can you tell us about him?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I forgive you, Ian," says Holly, looking at him with compassion. "You weren't yourself. Like other addictive things, Nectar can make you do things you wouldn't normally do, only it seems even worse than the others. I can help you get through it. We'll get another sample somehow for me to analyze. God knows there's all too much of that stuff floating around."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

leonardolad,You don't remember much about Ricardo, except that you know him from your earlier stay in Los Angeles, he handles the Nectar sale in a couple of districts of the city, and he was your source of Nectar back in the day. He is a man of some importance inside the cult, his death won't go unnoticed, or unanswered.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher pulls a handkerchief from his pocket and carefully wraps it around the vial before picking it up, making sure that none of the remaining droplets escape or soak through to touch his skin. Standing back up he holds the vial aloft, "There's a few droplets left, perhaps enough for basic analysis.. barely enough." he shrugs, biting off a remark about the lack of enough of the drug for a full analysis, Ian looked genuinely ashamed and they could probably get more if they really had to.

"I've got some spare stoppers in my case, I'll go get one.." Christopher steps out of Ian's room to his own and locates a suitable stopper for the vial.

... ... ...

Returning to the room Christoper looks at each of his fellow investigators in turn. "So, where does this leave us? Cam are you fit enough to carry on?" he asks.

Overlord87,Christopher will stopper the vial and place it in his 'samples case'.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron looks up. “I don’t have a choice Christopher. We should think about moving, but I also want to check out Porta’s address. If the police are there I’ll back off, but there’s a chance they won’t have found it yet. We don’t have a lot more to go on.”
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian nods, completely aware that if he can't control himself, he's a danger to himself and the others.

"I don't remember much about Ricardo. He was my source of Nectar when I was here 2 years ago, and he handles the drug sale in a couple of L.A. districts. He had some importance inside the cult, and I guarantee you... his death won't go unnoticed. We have to be careful."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron stands up.

"I'm going to head over to his address now. Leave a message for me at the front desk so that I know where you've gone. Is there anything else we need to investigate in this city? What about the actress?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Remember, nobody goes anywhere alone," says Holly. "We definitely need to find a new hotel. Thanks for collecting the sample, Christopher. I hope that's enough to work with. Now we need to get the use of a lab for the analysis. UCLA would have one, I'm sure, and we already know people there who might be able to smooth things over for us in exchange for us keeping certain things quiet if necessary."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"Who's coming with me then? I need someone to drive and stay in the car while I check out the house."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Keep in mind that it's late afternoon at the moment. You can go check the Mexican's apartment, but it's probably too late to gain access to a laboratory today.

Assuming you want to leverage Dr. MacDunn at the UCLA and get his help to again access to a laboratory, it's a 1-point spend on a suitable ability (like Cop Talk or Intimidation, but I'll accept other options if reasonable).  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Sounds like a suitable time to sneak into an apartment! Cameron will leave immediately.  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”