[IC - LA] Preparing for War

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - LA] Preparing for War

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   OK, is anyone accompanying Cam?  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Clarence Lanalor
Clarence leans forwards, unable to look Ian squarely in the eye.

"Hang up there Cam, it seems that you could use a little help there, - I'll come with you. I could use a little air anyways."
Last edited by Cearlan on Sat May 27, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"Glad to have you along Clarence. The rest of you, be careful. We'll see you later tonight." He pauses at his bag to reload his pistol and picks up his trench knife, a souvenir from the war.

"Let's get going ".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Be careful," says Holly. "Try not to let anyone see you in the area. You don't want anyone to be able to identify you. There isn't time to get a lab today, so that will have to wait until morning. The rest of us can look for a new hotel in the meantime."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Chrstopher isn't at all sure about Cam's fixation on searching Porta's house but can see that his mind is made up. He urges Cam and Clearance to be careful and advises them that he and Holly will pack everything away ready to depart for a new hotel.

"I'm not sure we'll have time to take the 'Nectar' to a local lab to be analysed; we're attracting rather too much attention here... Trammel has 'cops in his pocket' that could be serious trouble for us, they have the manpower to look for us anywhere in the city. It might be best to wait till we get back to Boston before we have the drug analysed." Christopher eyes Ian warily as he mentions the drug.
OOC:   My musings...

As I see it all the clues point to Trammel - the cult may no longer exist, perhaps as a front for making/distributing the drug.
I guess we need to know how/where it's made and how widespread the distribution is. It's probably going to be a lot harder to get into Trammel's mansion now - I think any element of surprise has been lost.

I don't think that checking into another hotel will cut it either - unless we can change the number of rooms we need - 5 people checking into a hotel at the same time is something that could be pretty easy to check for.

The only other lead(s) we have are:
Clarendon
The Farm (where Echavarria/Spend et al. were killed).

Ayers - why did he go to Africa?
The whole thing seems to have been started by Echavarria - is there a South American connection?

Please chip in with your ideas/feeling of how we ought to proceed; I'm sure I've missed stuff.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's a good point," says Holly. "Before we leave, we should try to talk to Olivia Clarendon and at least find out about her connection to Ayers, and we do need to visit the farm where it all happened in August 1924. That's outside of Los Angeles anyway, though Trammel may know about it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron pauses. “Why don’t some of us visit Clarendon tomorrow morning, and the others go to the farm? I’m hoping that Porta’s house might have some indication of where the nectar is being manufactured, and maybe even some of the stuff itself. I agree about Boston, it's getting to dangerous to hang around here.”

He looks at Clarence. “We should go”.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd like to talk to Olivia Clarendon, if we can get in to see her," says Holly. "We should also ask her about Richard Spend. But I'm reluctant to split up at all at this point. Perhaps we should all go out to the farm together as our last stop before we leave Los Angeles. It's liable to be dangerous. For all we know, that's where they manufacture and store the Nectar."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Clarence Lanalor
Carnage_lee,Can't find fault with any of your musings other than the changing hotels. Perhaps two nearby hotels might suffice if the others are up for that.
"Yeah, the Clarendon broad can wait till tomorrow, after all she ain't going anywhere." Turning to Cam I continue; "OK, ready when you are buddy." After saying this I pointedly look over at Ian and mouth to Holly "do you think you'll be alright?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly nods. Ian should be okay as long as he doesn't get another dose of the drug, and Christopher is staying with them too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron and Clarence head down to the car. "We need to ditch this car. Bullet holes attract police attention" Cam says.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Half an hour later, Cam and Clarence are entering Ricardo's apartment, after having picked an easy lock. It's a large apartment, in a rich area of the city, but it's half-empty, and it looks like most of the rooms are never actually used. After searching inside for a few minutes, you realize there's nothing of actual value or interest for you. You find a letter in the mailbox, though, apparently sent from Mexico City. It's in spanish, and you can't quite make up most of it, except for a familiar name - Brooks.
OOC:   I can assume you pick it up and head back to the hotel, where nothing relevant has happened in the meantime.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron and Clarence get back to the hotel.

“It was a bust” says Cameron. “But we found this letter. It mentions Brooks. Wasn’t he a member of the cult? It’s in Spanish though. Can anyone read it?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly shakes her head. "I know German and Latin," she says, "but not Spanish. If the rest of you don't know Spanish, we'll have to get it translated by someone we trust, or it might tie us to the killing. Maybe when we get back to Boston we can see if Mrs. Winston-Rogers knows anyone."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian,Your knowledge of Italian (given some similarities between the two languages) allows you to understand at least the general meaning of the letter, that seems to be a report of something very troublesome going on in Mexico City. You think the sender of the letter is writing that he's staying at the Victoria Hotel there, but you can't be 100% sure.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian takes the letter and takes a quick look at it. "Well... I don't know Spanish, but I do know Italian. Maybe by similarity..." He reads the letter, and reads it again. "Hmmm... Couldn't understand much, but apparently it is some kind of report. Something very troublesome is going on in Mexico City. Also, the sender is staying at the Vitoria Hotel. I guess. I mean... probably."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“This could be a good lead. We don’t have much else to go on at the moment. Why don’t I take it over to a Chicano neighbourhood and pay someone to read it for me? I’ll be in and out before you know it. We don’t have to go all the way back to Boston. I’ll do it in the morning while you folks visit Clarendon, and then we can rendezvous at the farm.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," says Holly, "but be careful, and don't go alone."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Clarence Lanalor
"I agree, no-one should go anywhere alone - I'll go with you Cam. After all you need someone to look after you." volunteers Clarence with a mischievous grin on his face as he looks at Cam, knowing he's baiting him.
Last edited by Cearlan on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"If you're so eager why don't we just go now?" Cameron asks. He shifts his wounded shoulder uncomfortably. "You can drive. It shouldn't take long."

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”