Page 1 of 1

[IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:48 pm
by Overlord87
It's not a long road to Pasadena, and it's a pleasant one. The weather is good after the morning's rain, and the brilliant sunlight lifts your spirit. It's not hard to track down the address you got, a road filled with magnificent villas - here is where the real rich people gather. You stare in awe out of the window, the sight almost taking your mind off from the task at hand. And then you pass by it. Trammel's villa. Just one like any other, if you hadn't known. Not what you'd expect from an evil cult hideout, there's no pentagram painted on the walls, no bones on the impressive garden, no threatening bodyguards with guns loaded and ready to shoot. Just another villa, but it's the one. The lion's den.
Ian,And then you flashback again. You have been here, you can remember now. At night, always at night. Lights reflecting on the pool, elegant cars parked in front of the villa. Your quick steps, heading inside and then... below? You are not sure, but there are stairs. Walking up and down the stairs... are you coming or are you going? A scent in the air, growing stronger... sweet, alluring. You feel your pulse quicken, the pressure rise, your heart thundering in your ears. You've been waiting for this, all week, you have been waiting for this. And then you enter the large room, filled with people. Fornicating. Copulating. Going mad in that maddening scent, and on the wall... right in front of you... Nothing. Darkness. You can't focus, you are trying to remember, but you can't focus. You know there was something there, something that would certainly shatter your mind should you remember, and yet remember you must. Your mind is at the same time screaming a warning, and trying desperately to remember. You feel torn, pulled in different direction. You see red now, then black again. Are you fainting? Are you dying? Which one would be better? [ooc]Roll against a Stability loss.[/ooc]
Cam drives by, not stopping in front of the villa, instead looking for a good place to pull over and keep an eye on the place, not too close to avoid attracting attention. Then he realizes Ian is staring into space, mouth open, eyes rolled back. He is slightly moving, as if his muscles are contracting and then releasing out of control.

Re: [IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:13 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron decides to forget the house for now, he drives away to look for a spot where he can park safely and take care of Ian. The sight of the house has obviously triggered another of his deeply-buried memories.

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:43 pm
by leonardolad
Stability,[ooc]Stability roll = 1 http://orokos.com/roll/491416[/ooc]

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:18 pm
by Overlord87
As soon as it's safe to do so, Cam pulls the car over and stops. He takes Ian's belt and puts it between his teeth, so that he doesn't bite his tongue while convulsing. Then he waits. Luckily, there are no people around, not even cars passing on the street. Finally, Ian snaps back to reality. The world spins around him, and he barely manages to open the door before he throws up his lunch on the ground. He feels anxious, on edge, still feeling something dark lurking on the back of his mind.
Ian,[ooc]You lose 4 Stability points.[/ooc]

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:58 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

Ian coughs and spits while trying to push away some imaginary enemy. "NO, no... NO! What is it?!? I can't remember! I have to!" It takes a couple of minutes for him to calm himself, and after spending a few more minutes staring at the vomit pool on the floor he regains his grip on reality.

"Cameron?" He asks, making sure his friend still there, but not really looking. "I've been here before. More than once. Parties. Fancy cars. The cult. I was one them... I'm pretty sure now. This is where it all happened. Fornication... Copulation... Madness. I wanted this. I wanted it so much." He stops for a few moments, feeling lost, like he didn't know himself anymore. "I don't remember much. Stairs... I remember stairs...I don't know if up or down. And a large room, filled with people doing all kinds of craziness. They were... We were all inebriated by this maddening scent. Sweet, alluring. And there was a wall. I can see it... Nothing. Darkness. I can't remember. There was something there, but... God, I can't remember!"

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:27 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“Take it easy Ian Cameron says gently. “All that is over with now. You're free of them."

He relaxes his grip on Ian's arm. "It looks like we’ve found what we were looking for. What do you remember about Trammel now?”

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:32 am
by Overlord87
Ian,You saw [b]Trammel[/b] in your vision, he was participating in the cult's... activities. With enthusiasm. When [b]Cam[/b] asks you about him, one more memory flashes in your mind. He is handing a vial to you, full of a transparent, white-ish liquid. It's Nectar. You realize in a flash this is the first time you are taking it. You see your hand grabbing the vial, hesitating. Trammel is smiling at you. Now, watching the scene unfold as a spectator, you notice his smile is almost a sneer. Like mocking you. You feel a tide of hate rising in you, aimed at the man. Pure, undiluted hate.

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:08 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

"Well... he appeared in this vision too. He was there with all those people." He says with gritting teeth. "Now that you're asking... something more came to my mind. Another piece of memory. He is handing me a vial, full of a transparent, white-ish liquid. It's Nectar. I'm... I'm pretty sure this is the first time I'm taking it. I see my hand grabbing the vial, not without hesitation. Trammel is there...smiling at me. His smile is almost like a sneer... mocking me." He feels the blood pumping in his temple and he grit his teeth even stronger when he realizes that he never felt like that before. He hates Samson Trammel. Just Pure, undiluted hate.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:20 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

Cameron
sees the intensity of Ian’s feelings. He hopes that it won’t affect his judgement.

“You’ll get your chance to see Trammel again. Let’s just make sure that it’s on our terms, not his. Now, do you recall Captain Walker?”

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:37 pm
by Overlord87
Ian,You don't have any memory of Walker. At the moment, you don't know if you ever met him, or if you met him and just can't remember his face.
You are parked a couple of hundred meters after Trammel's villa, waiting for Ian to recover. From your position, you can still see the villa's gate. After about ten minutes since you parked, you notice a black car stopping in front of the gate, then entering inside as soon as the gate opens up. The car didn't pass past where you were parked, but arrived from the same direction you did, meaning that it probably came from Los Angeles. You can't see who is inside the car, nor the license number, as you are simply too far for that.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:34 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

"Sorry. No." He says without looking. "The only memories I have are these visions, and so far... No Captain Walker."

As he raises his head, he sees the black car entering the villa's gate. "Cam, look! It's Trammel! We can get him, you and me! We can make him pay..." He clenches his fists as he feels the hate burning inside him again.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:28 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“No Ian!” says Cameron firmly. “He’ll have help. We need to play this much more carefully. Do you remember anything at all about his security, or about the layout of the house?”

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:05 pm
by Overlord87
Ian,Your memories are too vague and confused to give you the kind of information Cam wants.

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:43 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

"I'm really sorry, Cam." He shakes his head, feeling ashamed. "My memories are too vague. Apart from the stairs and the and the large room where the ceremonies took place I can't remember a thing."

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:28 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“That’s okay. We know he’s there, and he’s probably not going anywhere. I don’t think just the two of us can take him on though. We should rejoin the others and decide what we’re going to do next.”

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:32 pm
by Overlord87
You get back in the car and make a U-turn, heading back to Los Angeles. As you pass once again in front of Trammel's villa, you notice a black car - the one that entered just now, probably - waiting in front of the house, a man standing next to it and walking as if to pass time. You can't see him clearly as you pass by, but he seems mexican, or otherwise latino. He is bulky, wearing a light blue shirt and a cheap pair of trousers.
Cam,Your experience tells you that the man is a driver and bodyguard. It's likely he's waiting for someone inside, and they'll depart again in a short time.

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:53 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"This looks interesting. I bet that guy is Trammel's driver. We can follow them and see where they go."

He pulls the car over and turns off the engine.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:03 am
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

"We can't let him go now we're so close. I have to see him. We can call the others once we know where he's going." He feels relieved that Cam changed his mind. He knows that Trammel is a dangerous man and a confrontation right now is not the best strategy, but when the time comes... He wants him to suffer for what he did...
OOC:   Do I have a gun?

Sorry for the absence, guys. Life got in the way of my fun.  

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 am
by Overlord87
Cam pulls over again, and the waiting begins. It's not a long wait, as less than thirty minutes later the black car leaves the estate and heads back in the direction of Los Angeles, passing right next to your car before continuing on. You look quickly inside as the car passes, and you can see another mexican, this one dressed in an elegant white suit, sitting on the back seat of the car.
Cam,[ooc]You'll need to roll Shadowing to follow the car. Originally, the player who created Cam spent the points without considering some abilities that were crucial for a character like Cam, and also usually belonging to the skillset of an ex-military, ex-criminal. I have moved around some points to reflect that. At the end of this section I'll give you the freedom to move around some points as you see fit, or even create a new investigator from scratch[/ooc]
Ian,[ooc]As you didn't mention bringing a gun with you, you don't have it. You also lack the Preparedness skill, so you can't make a spend of that ability to have a gun with you.[/ooc] The man inside the car, the one in the suit, looks vaguely familiar. At least, you get the impression you have already seen him. It's definitely not Trammel, anyway.

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:44 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

Ian, did you recognize that man in the white suit? Was it Trammel?”

Cameron puts the car into gear and pulls out from the kerb.
OOC,Can I spend the points on Shadowing? Sorry I'm still inexperienced about how ToC works. Don't worry about changing him for now, he seems to work fine!

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:50 pm
by Overlord87
HoneyDog,While Investigative abilities always succeed, General abilities need rolls to determine success or failure. In this particular case, you should roll your Shadowing vs the opponent's Sense Trouble. You roll 1d6 and can spend any number of points from your Shadowing pool to increase the result (you decide before the roll is done), meaning the more points you decide to invest, the better your chances are.

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:01 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

He shakes his head in disappointment. "Nah... that wasn't him. His face is vaguely familiar, though. I got a feeling that I've seen that man before."

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:13 am
by HoneyDog
”That's okay" Cameron replies. "Remember that Buchwald told us that the Nectar business was run by Mexicans? Maybe these characters will know about it.”

He follows the car, using all of his skills to avoid being noticed.
Shadowing,HoneyDog rolled [url=http://orokos.com/roll/499509]Shadowing[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]5[/b]
Overlord87,Thanks for the information, I remember now. I rolled 5, and I'm happy to spend a point to maximise our chances of not being seen.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:12 am
by Overlord87
You follow the car back to Los Angeles, Cam keeping a safe distance to avoid being spotted. In the end, the car stops in front of an unassuming building in downtown Los Angeles, three-storey and white like there are hundreds in the city, usually mainly residential. The man in the suit comes out of the car, and you can now see he carries a small black suitcase, but what's most interesting, it's chained to his wrist with handcuffs. He quickly enters the building, while the car gets moving again and leaves.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:54 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron pulls up at the curb. Ian, stay here. I need to follow him. If I’m not back in thirty minutes, return to the hotel and warn the others. Don’t argue with me.”

He exits the car, and follows the man with the briefcase.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:53 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

"No, no, no! I can't stay here. I'm going..." He is interrupted by the door of the car slamming in his face. "DAMN IT!" He screams, punching the car dashboard. The pain in his hand is somehow soothing, and after a few moments muttering to himself, regretting the sudden attack on the vehicle's interior, he looks at his watch. "OK, boss... 30 minutes. I hope you don't need my help, 'cause well... I'll be sitting out here doing NOTHING!" He screams at the window, feeling bitter and useless. He knows his memories are an advantage as much as they are a liability. Trying to make some use of his time, he lights a Lucky and takes a good look at the building and the surrounding area, trying to remember anything.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 pm
by Overlord87
Cam enters the building hall just in time to see the man disappear up a flight of stairs.
Cam,If you want to follow him without being noticed, you'll need a Stealth roll
Ian,Nothing strange outside. The building, though... it looks familiar. You've been here in the past. You also realize this street is not far from the offices of the Los Angeles Times.

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:52 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron knows that Ian won’t be happy about being left behind, but it’s far easier to notice two people following you than one. Besides Ian’s fragile state of mind might prove to be a liability. Cameron follows the man, making sure to be discreet.
Stealth,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/500389]Stealth[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]4[/b] I'm happy to spend the points too to make it more effective if necessary.

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:54 pm
by Overlord87
HoneyDog,You've got to decide a spend (and how many points you want to spend) before making the roll. Just this time, you can still decide to make the spend, then I'll tell you if it's a success or a failure.

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:59 am
by HoneyDog
Overlord87,Sorry Overlord! Can I retroactively say that I spent 2 points before, and then made my roll? I'll get it right next time.

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:59 am
by Overlord87
HoneyDog,Yes, you can make the spend. Unfortunately, though, you are spotted :(
Cam walks up the stairs slowly, trying not to be seen as it follows the man up to the second floor. Then unfortunately another man come up running behind Cam, saying: "I'm sorry mister, I'm in a hurry", as he pushes Cam aside and runs past the mexican, too, headed for the third floor. That's enough to catch the attention of the mexican for a second, as he stops to take a look back. He then continues to walk towards an apartment on the second floor, probably not even suspicious, but he's seen Cam's face.

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:28 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“Shit” thinks Cameron. He tries to look as nonchalant as possible, still following the Mexican to see which apartment he enters.

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:07 am
by Overlord87
The mexican stops in front of apartment 22 and knocks. Cam keeps walking, passing the man with the suitcase and registering the number. A couple of seconds later, the door is opened and the mexican disappears inside.

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:26 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron returns downstairs to look for the apartment’s mailbox and find out who it belongs to.

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:55 pm
by Overlord87
The mailbox has the name "Aguado" on it.

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:20 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron returns to the car where Ian is waiting.

“I hope I wasn’t gone too long. The guy went into apartment 22. It’s registered to someone named Aguado. Does that mean anything to you?”

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:22 pm
by Overlord87
Ian,The name Aguado does not ring any bell. Your drive pushes you to go to the apartment and meet the mexican guy. You feel you knew him, back when you were using Nectar.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:15 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

"Hmm. No... Can't remember anyone named Aguado." He answers dryly. "You shouldn't left me behind. For all I know, this fella could be my contact in this Nectar business. The Times is just a couple of blocks from here. Maybe he'll remember me!" The tone in his voice start to raise and he stops for a few seconds and continue. "Apartment 22 you say? Sorry, Cam, I don't expect you to understand, but I have to talk to this man." He gets out of the car, slamming the door behind him and starts walking towards the building.

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:26 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

Ian, wait!” Cameron runs after him and grabs his arm.

“These men are very dangerous! We can’t just walk up to them and ask them what they’re doing. We’ll just have to wait and watch the place. Come back to the car!”

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:42 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

Ian takes a hard look at Cam's hand in his arm and turns his head quickly to the building, searching the windows for possible observers. "I know this man, Cam!" He stops talking and takes another look at the building before continue in a lower, calmer tone. "Look, I'm pretty sure I knew him in my Nectar days. The Times is just a couple of blocks from here. Maybe this is the place where I first have contact with it. It makes perfect sense." He puts his hand in Cam's shoulder and looks him in the eyes. "This is an opportunity. We can use this. Help me here, and maybe we can retrieve some information."

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron is doubtful about what he has just heard, but short of dragging Ian away by force, there’s not much he can do. Still, he’s not going to go in there without a coherent plan.

“Okay Ian, but there are at least two of them in the apartment. If they are these big-time nectar dealers, they might well be armed. We should at least wait until the man we followed here has left. Does that satisfy you?”

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:48 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

He ponders for a minute. "I agree. Maybe it would be safer to talk to him outside. His car is not waiting for him, though. It could take him forever to leave the apartment." He feels like he owns Cam an explanation, or at least he must try to convince him that he's not crazy. "Listen, I'm not suicidal. I just don't think they would shoot me on sight. From what I can gather from my memories, at certain point I must have been well connected in this circle. If I went to all those fancy parties and participate in those rituals with Trammel himself... I probably wasn't just small potatoes."

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:32 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron is still in unconvinced.

"So you want to go and get reacquainted after all this time? What were your circumstances for leaving in the first place? How do you know they won't kill you on sight?"

He shakes his head."It's too risky, please reconsider".

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

He thinks for a couple of minutes and gives up, annoyed. "Ok, ok... Let's wait in the car. But I'm not leaving here without confronting him. We can wait here, and approach him once he's out. Would you help me with that?"

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:56 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron is forced to concede.

"Okay Ian. But only if he's alone. If not, we follow."

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:32 am
by Overlord87
A few hours pass, with Ian getting more and more frustrated and nervous. The sun is setting by the time you see a black car, the same as earlier, parking right in front of the building. The driver steps out and lights himself a cigarette. He's mexican, maybe the same one you saw driving earlier, but you can't be sure.

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:51 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

"It looks like the ride is back. We need to be careful- the man we followed here saw my face earlier".

"Now " he continues, emphasizing his words. "We can follow the car, or go up to the apartment. What's it going to be? Bear in mind, we can always return here later if need be."

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

"Ok, what if we get him in the corridor, before he comes out of the building?" He suggests nervously.

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:09 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron thinks for a moment. "Okay then. I'll be out of sight while you accost him. If he gets tough, I'll step in. Let's move!"

He opens the door and walks casually over to the building so as not to draw the attention of the driver. He glances behind to see Ian following.

Inside, he picks a spot where Ian can wait without being seen from the main doors, and then retreats out of sight.

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

Ian sees Cam disappear inside the building while he walks towards the main entrance a few steps behind him, without looking at the driver.

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:01 pm
by Overlord87
Ian enters the building and waits at the base of the stairs, until about ten minutes later the mexican in the elegant white dress appears. He is not carrying the suitcase anymore. He stops for a second as he sees Ian, a surprised expression on his face, then grins: "Well, well, if this isn't a surprise. My old friend Ian. Where have you been... what's it been? One year? It wasn't nice of you to disappear like that" , there's just a hint of menace in his voice.
Ian,You remember his name in a flash: [b]Ricardo[/b]. You also recover 2 Stability points for following your drive.

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:33 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

Even though he feels the threatening tone in Ricardo's voice, somehow Ian start feeling calmer the moment he approaches him. Now, with a quieter mind he starts thinking that maybe this encounter wasn't such a great ideal after all.

"Hello, Ricardo." He starts, not sure about what he's going to say. "Yeah... two years, actually. I was in pretty bad shape. I didn't mean to offend anyone, though. How are things going?" He avoids mentioning the memory loss for the moment, and tries a friendlier tone with the man.

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 pm
by Overlord87
"Well, we've been worried", he gets close and puts an arm around Ian's shoulder, like old friends, "Come on, there are Paco and Martìn upstairs. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you".

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:51 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

At first, Ian goes along with the man's movement, tapping him in the back a couple of times. "Heh heh, I bet they will! How are these two?" He says, faking a joyful tone, immediately sneaking out of Ricardo's hug. ""I would love to see them, but I have some things to do in the city. So, how's business?
OOC:   Using Reassurance.  

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:07 pm
by Overlord87
The man looks at Ian suspiciously for a second, then keeps talking with a friendly tone: "Well, my friend, I can't really talk about that here, can I?". He pauses for a second, lighting a cigarette as he looks around. Then he puts away the lighter, and a gun appears from the man's jacket, aimed at Ian, "Perhaps we should go upstairs after all".

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:24 pm
by HoneyDog
ooc,I wanted Cameron placed so that he will be behind whoever comes out of the elevator, allowing for this type of situation. Is that okay / possible considering the layout of the lobby? He'll pull his own gun and attempt to capture this horrible man.

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:46 pm
by Overlord87
HoneyDog,[ooc]There are two problems here. First, the man came down the stairs, and not using the elevator. Second, I was thinking you were staying out of sight, and the man checked his surroundings (when he took time lighting the cigarette) before pulling out the gun. So, chances are he didn't see you, and you cannot see him take out the gun (as you probably don't have a line of sight, and he's half hiding it with his jacket anyway). As they're still talking in a friendly, although fake, tone, you would have no idea Ian is in any danger. Until he lets you know somehow, anyway.[/ooc]

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:38 am
by HoneyDog
Overlord87,Understood OL. Cameron will wait and follow if they make a move to upstairs. If he hears that Ian is in trouble he will wait until the man has his back turned before making a move.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:07 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

"Hey, hey... Calm down, Ricardo." He raises his open hands to the high of his chest, trying to calm down the man by showing he's unarmed. "Put this gun away, will you? I came here voluntarily, didn't I? Let's do it your way, just... Just put this thing down." He starts walking towards the stairs, hoping that Cam can find a way to fix his mess.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm
by Overlord87
HoneyDog,Your hear them talking. You can now come out and shoot, or try to sneak up on the man, but in this case you'll need a Stealth roll.

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:38 pm
by HoneyDog
Overlord87,Cam will sneak up on him, and attempt to sap him with a blackjack if that's possible. Can I spend points on Stealth?

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:50 pm
by Overlord87
HoneyDog,Sure you can spend points for Stealth. First roll for that, it's your Stealth roll against the mexican's Sense Trouble

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron sees that Ian is in trouble. Clenching his jaw, and trying to still his breathing, he pulls his pistol, an Astra mod.400, releases the safety, and puts it in his left hand. With his right, he takes out his blackjack. As carefully and calmly as he can, he walks towards Ricardo.
OOC,Here's my roll for Stealth: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/513245]Stealth[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]3[/b]

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:43 am
by Overlord87
Cam tries to move as silently as he can, but when he's still a few meters away from Ricardo, the mexican hears him and turns around. Seeing an armed opponent, the mexican hurriedly fires his gun, but haste doesn't make for good aim, and the bullet flies away without hitting its target. Still, the gunshot resonates in the building.
Spoiler:
OOC:   Both of you can now act. Also, roll me Stability (for being involved in a gunfight).  

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:51 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron
Stability,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/513499]Stability[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]6[/b] Will this affect subsequent actions?

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:18 am
by Overlord87
HoneyDog wrote:Cameron
Stability,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/513499]Stability[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]6[/b] Will this affect subsequent actions?
Spoiler:
You can act normally. Also, you pass the test and lose no stability.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:18 pm
by HoneyDog
Without missing a beat Cameron fires off a shot at Ricardo.
OOC,Firearms 10: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/513525]Firearms[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]5[/b]. The caliber of his gun is 9mm Largo. Sorry if I miss something, I'm still not used to these rules!

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:39 pm
by Overlord87
The bullet flies straight at Ricardo's heart. The man coughs up blood, then he falls to the ground, the gun clattering away on the floor. He seems to be dead, or dying.
HoneyDog,As for any general ability, you can spend points from your Firearms pool to improve your roll to hit. In this case, you hit anyway, but remember it for the future ;) Also, I have roller the damage for you, as it can't be modified by spending points.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:45 pm
by Overlord87
HoneyDog,Also, please roll Stability again, this time is for killing someone.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:50 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron runs over and quickly begins to pull Ricardo out of sight.

Ian, help me! We need to search him.”

He picks up Ricardo’s gun.
OOC,Thanks OL! I decided not to spend the points as he is good with firearms. If [b]Ian[/b] is able to function, he will move the body to his previous hiding place and search the pockets before they get away. Stability roll: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/513530]Stability[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]5[/b]

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:27 pm
by leonardolad
OOC:   Stability = 3
http://orokos.com/roll/513617  

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:37 pm
by Overlord87
leonardolad,Ian is shaken by the sudden outburst of violence and loses 2 points of Stability.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:50 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

For Ian it all happened real quickly, and when he is able to move Ricardo is already on the floor, covered in blood, and Cam is screaming for help. "Shit, shit, shit, shit..." He hurries to help his friend to drag the body of the mexican to a hidden corner. Once he's sure the corpse is out of sight, he proceeds to check the man's pockets for anything useful. We have to hurry! The driver and his two partners upstairs are probably coming to see what happened! Ian looks around, trying to find alternative ways to get out of that lobby.

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:07 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron hands Ricardo’s gun to Ian.

“I’ll try to bluff the driver. Wait here until I signal”.

He moves off to see if the driver is coming, his gun concealed behind his back.

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:24 am
by Overlord87
OOC:   You remember seeing an emergency staircase in the back of the building, but that would probably be reachable only from the upper floors. You don't see any other exit on the ground floor, apart from the main one.  
Cam hides the gun and run towards the entrance, just in time to see the driver coming in, holding a revolver. He stops for a second, then without even speaking aims the gun at Cam and fires. The bullet catches Cam on a shoulder, pushing him backwards.
Cam,[ooc]You can now act. You lose 3 Health.[/ooc]
Ian,Inside the man's pocket there are a wallet... and a vial of white liquid. You recognize it immediately: it's nectar. [ooc]Roll Stability. This is not against a possible loss, but against the impulse of hiding the vial and keep it for yourself. You can spend points normally to boost the roll, but they'll be removed from your Stability pool as usual.[/ooc]

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:36 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron staggers back, grimacing in pain, but he manages to bring up his pistol and get off a shot.
Firearms,Firearms 10: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/513872]Firearms[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]6[/b]

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:23 pm
by leonardolad
Spoiler:
OOC:   I'm on a (bad) roll. I made a spend.
Stability = 2 (1d6+1)
http://orokos.com/roll/513926  

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:31 pm
by Overlord87
Cam's bullet hits the man in the belly. He screams in pain, collapsing back onto the wall, but manages to stay up. Covering his wound with one hand, he shoots again, but he misses.
Cam,[ooc]You can take another shot and try to finish him. Remember as usual that you can spend points from Firearms to boost your roll. Just to clarify, having many points in Firearms doesn't directly improve your rolls (not like CoC), it simply means you have more points to spend and improve your chances to hit.[/ooc]
Ian finishes inspecting the body. He can now hear footsteps running down the stairs.
Ian,You take the vial with trembling hands and hide it in a pocket. You'll tell your friends later. Surely you don't need to trouble Cam with this right now. You take a quick look at the wallet and find an ID and some cash - nothing strange catches your attention. [ooc]You can now act normally. Keep the vial for yourself, we'll handle that later.[/ooc]

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:38 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron grits his teeth from the pain in his shoulder, trying not to black out. Using all his willpower, he points the Astra and fires another round.
Firearms,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/513948]Firearms[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]5[/b]

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:42 pm
by Overlord87
The second bullet finishes the job, hitting the man straight in one eye, sending blood and brain over the wall. Soundlessly, he collapses to the floor, where he twitches for a second and then lays still.

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:52 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron can’t help but survey his handiwork with some satisfaction. Staggering to his feet, he feels his shoulder. Perhaps the bullet passed clean through, but he is losing blood. As a medic, he knows he needs to get medical attention fast. If no more of Ricardo’s friends arrive, that is.

“Ian!” he gasps. “Let’s get to the car!”

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:34 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

While Ian puts the vial and the wallet in his pocket the sounds of gunfire roars through the lobby, and by the time he gets up it's all over. He hears the sound of footsteps somewhere on the upper floors and the screaming of his friend coming from the entrance. "Jesus, are you ok?" He can't avoid asking, quickly realizing that this is not the time for this kind of preoccupation. "Quick, they are coming!" He grabs Cam by the healthy arm, helping him towards the car. "Give me Ricardo's gun. They're right after us."

Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:12 pm
by Overlord87
You run for the car, followed by angry screams and curses. You jump in just as bullets start flying around you. There's more screaming now, and people running away in all directions. Cam starts the engine with a grunt of pain, turning the wheel with his healthy arm. The car turns and starts speeding up. A window explodes as a bullet flies a little too close to the target, but it's just a matter of seconds and you're finally safe, leaving all danger and chaos behind.

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:07 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“Goddam you Ian!” Cameron growls. “This is why we take it slowly and carefully! You’d better have found something useful.”

He tries to concentrate on the road. “We need to find a pharmacy, I have to patch myself up.”

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:56 pm
by leonardolad
Overlord,Should I tell him about the Nectar? With my 2 in the Stability test I'm supposing I failed it and would be tempted to keep the vial to myself, or would lose Stability to reveal it to the group.

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:18 pm
by Overlord87
Ian,For now you have to keep it to yourself. Once you're back to the hotel, we'll deal with that :twisted:

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:19 pm
by Overlord87
OOC:   How do you proceed with the pharmacy? Who goes in?  

Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:42 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

"I really am sorry, Cam." He says sincerely, sounding profoundly ashamed. "I realize it was a foolish thing to do. He got... nothing on him, except for his wallet. There was his ID on it, and some cash. I'm sorry."

As the car keeps on going, he spots a pharmacy. "There's a pharmacy there. Stop the car. Lemme get something to patch you up."

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:34 am
by HoneyDog
Cameron pulls over and switches off the engine.

“I need iodine, gauze, bandages, scissors, and safety pins. See if they have any liquor under the counter.”

As Ian leaves, Cameron grabs his arm. Ian, you need to take your head out of your ass. I know you’re hurting right now, but you’re gonna get yourself killed if you don’t try and focus. And you’re not going to get me killed too.”

He leans back and closes his eyes. “You better hurry”.

Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:02 am
by Overlord87
Ian returns from the pharmacy carrying the stuff Cam asked for. The ex-con moves his hands quickly and in a matter of seconds, the hemorrhage is stopped. Still, his shirt is still drenched in blood, which makes him suspicious to say the least. Also, one of the car windows is broken from the earlier gunfight - and if that bullet came in flying, it's probably still stuck somewhere inside the vehicle, or there's another exit hole on the car frame.
Cam,You spend 3 points of First Aid and recover 3 Health.

Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:11 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC,Has Cameron been hit again?

Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:14 pm
by Overlord87
Spoiler:
Cam got hit in the shoulder during the gunfight inside the palace, and that's it. After that, the mexicans shot at the car while you were running away, breaking a window, but without hitting anyone inside.

I clarified the earlier post.

Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:26 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron

“Luckily it was small caliber and it passed through. I’m gonna need a change of clothes and we’ll need to change the car, but maybe that can wait until later.”

He gets out and lays down in the back seat. He’s not in the mood for dealing with Ian so he just starts issuing orders.

“Drive back to the hotel and pack our things, we should find somewhere else to stay. Get me something else I can wear now. Did you get some liquor? And let me see that wallet.”
Overlord87,Thanks OL!

Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:12 pm
by leonardolad
Overlord,[ooc]I don't really have driving points. Can I take the car back to the hotel?[/ooc]

Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:36 pm
by Overlord87
leonardolad,Well, you can try, by driving very slowly, I'll roll to see what happens. Or you can ask Cam to drive.

Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:50 pm
by leonardolad
Ian Morin

Ian sits in the driver's seat and examines the wheel and the gearshift for a couple of seconds and turns his head to the back seat. The man lying in the seat don't look happy, and Ian is not sure about how he will react to what he has to say. "Uhm... I know you're mad at me, Cam, but... you see... I don't know how to drive a car."

Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:25 pm
by HoneyDog
Cameron groans and sits up. Without speaking, he moves to the drivers seat and starts the engine.

"We'll go back to the hotel and you can get me a change of clothes. If we make it that far."

He heads off.

Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 am
by Overlord87
OOC:   Continues here: viewtopic.php?f=352&t=6011