[IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: [IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron can’t help but survey his handiwork with some satisfaction. Staggering to his feet, he feels his shoulder. Perhaps the bullet passed clean through, but he is losing blood. As a medic, he knows he needs to get medical attention fast. If no more of Ricardo’s friends arrive, that is.

“Ian!” he gasps. “Let’s get to the car!”
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

While Ian puts the vial and the wallet in his pocket the sounds of gunfire roars through the lobby, and by the time he gets up it's all over. He hears the sound of footsteps somewhere on the upper floors and the screaming of his friend coming from the entrance. "Jesus, are you ok?" He can't avoid asking, quickly realizing that this is not the time for this kind of preoccupation. "Quick, they are coming!" He grabs Cam by the healthy arm, helping him towards the car. "Give me Ricardo's gun. They're right after us."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You run for the car, followed by angry screams and curses. You jump in just as bullets start flying around you. There's more screaming now, and people running away in all directions. Cam starts the engine with a grunt of pain, turning the wheel with his healthy arm. The car turns and starts speeding up. A window explodes as a bullet flies a little too close to the target, but it's just a matter of seconds and you're finally safe, leaving all danger and chaos behind.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Goddam you Ian!” Cameron growls. “This is why we take it slowly and carefully! You’d better have found something useful.”

He tries to concentrate on the road. “We need to find a pharmacy, I have to patch myself up.”
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Overlord,Should I tell him about the Nectar? With my 2 in the Stability test I'm supposing I failed it and would be tempted to keep the vial to myself, or would lose Stability to reveal it to the group.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian,For now you have to keep it to yourself. Once you're back to the hotel, we'll deal with that :twisted:
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   How do you proceed with the pharmacy? Who goes in?  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"I really am sorry, Cam." He says sincerely, sounding profoundly ashamed. "I realize it was a foolish thing to do. He got... nothing on him, except for his wallet. There was his ID on it, and some cash. I'm sorry."

As the car keeps on going, he spots a pharmacy. "There's a pharmacy there. Stop the car. Lemme get something to patch you up."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron pulls over and switches off the engine.

“I need iodine, gauze, bandages, scissors, and safety pins. See if they have any liquor under the counter.”

As Ian leaves, Cameron grabs his arm. Ian, you need to take your head out of your ass. I know you’re hurting right now, but you’re gonna get yourself killed if you don’t try and focus. And you’re not going to get me killed too.”

He leans back and closes his eyes. “You better hurry”.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian returns from the pharmacy carrying the stuff Cam asked for. The ex-con moves his hands quickly and in a matter of seconds, the hemorrhage is stopped. Still, his shirt is still drenched in blood, which makes him suspicious to say the least. Also, one of the car windows is broken from the earlier gunfight - and if that bullet came in flying, it's probably still stuck somewhere inside the vehicle, or there's another exit hole on the car frame.
Cam,You spend 3 points of First Aid and recover 3 Health.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Has Cameron been hit again?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
Cam got hit in the shoulder during the gunfight inside the palace, and that's it. After that, the mexicans shot at the car while you were running away, breaking a window, but without hitting anyone inside.

I clarified the earlier post.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Luckily it was small caliber and it passed through. I’m gonna need a change of clothes and we’ll need to change the car, but maybe that can wait until later.”

He gets out and lays down in the back seat. He’s not in the mood for dealing with Ian so he just starts issuing orders.

“Drive back to the hotel and pack our things, we should find somewhere else to stay. Get me something else I can wear now. Did you get some liquor? And let me see that wallet.”
Overlord87,Thanks OL!
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Overlord,[ooc]I don't really have driving points. Can I take the car back to the hotel?[/ooc]
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

leonardolad,Well, you can try, by driving very slowly, I'll roll to see what happens. Or you can ask Cam to drive.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian sits in the driver's seat and examines the wheel and the gearshift for a couple of seconds and turns his head to the back seat. The man lying in the seat don't look happy, and Ian is not sure about how he will react to what he has to say. "Uhm... I know you're mad at me, Cam, but... you see... I don't know how to drive a car."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron groans and sits up. Without speaking, he moves to the drivers seat and starts the engine.

"We'll go back to the hotel and you can get me a change of clothes. If we make it that far."

He heads off.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Continues here: viewtopic.php?f=352&t=6011  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”