[IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: [IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron is doubtful about what he has just heard, but short of dragging Ian away by force, there’s not much he can do. Still, he’s not going to go in there without a coherent plan.

“Okay Ian, but there are at least two of them in the apartment. If they are these big-time nectar dealers, they might well be armed. We should at least wait until the man we followed here has left. Does that satisfy you?”
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

He ponders for a minute. "I agree. Maybe it would be safer to talk to him outside. His car is not waiting for him, though. It could take him forever to leave the apartment." He feels like he owns Cam an explanation, or at least he must try to convince him that he's not crazy. "Listen, I'm not suicidal. I just don't think they would shoot me on sight. From what I can gather from my memories, at certain point I must have been well connected in this circle. If I went to all those fancy parties and participate in those rituals with Trammel himself... I probably wasn't just small potatoes."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron is still in unconvinced.

"So you want to go and get reacquainted after all this time? What were your circumstances for leaving in the first place? How do you know they won't kill you on sight?"

He shakes his head."It's too risky, please reconsider".
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

He thinks for a couple of minutes and gives up, annoyed. "Ok, ok... Let's wait in the car. But I'm not leaving here without confronting him. We can wait here, and approach him once he's out. Would you help me with that?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron is forced to concede.

"Okay Ian. But only if he's alone. If not, we follow."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

A few hours pass, with Ian getting more and more frustrated and nervous. The sun is setting by the time you see a black car, the same as earlier, parking right in front of the building. The driver steps out and lights himself a cigarette. He's mexican, maybe the same one you saw driving earlier, but you can't be sure.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"It looks like the ride is back. We need to be careful- the man we followed here saw my face earlier".

"Now " he continues, emphasizing his words. "We can follow the car, or go up to the apartment. What's it going to be? Bear in mind, we can always return here later if need be."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Ok, what if we get him in the corridor, before he comes out of the building?" He suggests nervously.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron thinks for a moment. "Okay then. I'll be out of sight while you accost him. If he gets tough, I'll step in. Let's move!"

He opens the door and walks casually over to the building so as not to draw the attention of the driver. He glances behind to see Ian following.

Inside, he picks a spot where Ian can wait without being seen from the main doors, and then retreats out of sight.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian sees Cam disappear inside the building while he walks towards the main entrance a few steps behind him, without looking at the driver.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian enters the building and waits at the base of the stairs, until about ten minutes later the mexican in the elegant white dress appears. He is not carrying the suitcase anymore. He stops for a second as he sees Ian, a surprised expression on his face, then grins: "Well, well, if this isn't a surprise. My old friend Ian. Where have you been... what's it been? One year? It wasn't nice of you to disappear like that" , there's just a hint of menace in his voice.
Ian,You remember his name in a flash: [b]Ricardo[/b]. You also recover 2 Stability points for following your drive.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Even though he feels the threatening tone in Ricardo's voice, somehow Ian start feeling calmer the moment he approaches him. Now, with a quieter mind he starts thinking that maybe this encounter wasn't such a great ideal after all.

"Hello, Ricardo." He starts, not sure about what he's going to say. "Yeah... two years, actually. I was in pretty bad shape. I didn't mean to offend anyone, though. How are things going?" He avoids mentioning the memory loss for the moment, and tries a friendlier tone with the man.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Well, we've been worried", he gets close and puts an arm around Ian's shoulder, like old friends, "Come on, there are Paco and Martìn upstairs. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you".
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

At first, Ian goes along with the man's movement, tapping him in the back a couple of times. "Heh heh, I bet they will! How are these two?" He says, faking a joyful tone, immediately sneaking out of Ricardo's hug. ""I would love to see them, but I have some things to do in the city. So, how's business?
OOC:   Using Reassurance.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The man looks at Ian suspiciously for a second, then keeps talking with a friendly tone: "Well, my friend, I can't really talk about that here, can I?". He pauses for a second, lighting a cigarette as he looks around. Then he puts away the lighter, and a gun appears from the man's jacket, aimed at Ian, "Perhaps we should go upstairs after all".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

ooc,I wanted Cameron placed so that he will be behind whoever comes out of the elevator, allowing for this type of situation. Is that okay / possible considering the layout of the lobby? He'll pull his own gun and attempt to capture this horrible man.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

HoneyDog,[ooc]There are two problems here. First, the man came down the stairs, and not using the elevator. Second, I was thinking you were staying out of sight, and the man checked his surroundings (when he took time lighting the cigarette) before pulling out the gun. So, chances are he didn't see you, and you cannot see him take out the gun (as you probably don't have a line of sight, and he's half hiding it with his jacket anyway). As they're still talking in a friendly, although fake, tone, you would have no idea Ian is in any danger. Until he lets you know somehow, anyway.[/ooc]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Overlord87,Understood OL. Cameron will wait and follow if they make a move to upstairs. If he hears that Ian is in trouble he will wait until the man has his back turned before making a move.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Hey, hey... Calm down, Ricardo." He raises his open hands to the high of his chest, trying to calm down the man by showing he's unarmed. "Put this gun away, will you? I came here voluntarily, didn't I? Let's do it your way, just... Just put this thing down." He starts walking towards the stairs, hoping that Cam can find a way to fix his mess.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

HoneyDog,Your hear them talking. You can now come out and shoot, or try to sneak up on the man, but in this case you'll need a Stealth roll.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”