[IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

[IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

Post by Overlord87 »

It's not a long road to Pasadena, and it's a pleasant one. The weather is good after the morning's rain, and the brilliant sunlight lifts your spirit. It's not hard to track down the address you got, a road filled with magnificent villas - here is where the real rich people gather. You stare in awe out of the window, the sight almost taking your mind off from the task at hand. And then you pass by it. Trammel's villa. Just one like any other, if you hadn't known. Not what you'd expect from an evil cult hideout, there's no pentagram painted on the walls, no bones on the impressive garden, no threatening bodyguards with guns loaded and ready to shoot. Just another villa, but it's the one. The lion's den.
Ian,And then you flashback again. You have been here, you can remember now. At night, always at night. Lights reflecting on the pool, elegant cars parked in front of the villa. Your quick steps, heading inside and then... below? You are not sure, but there are stairs. Walking up and down the stairs... are you coming or are you going? A scent in the air, growing stronger... sweet, alluring. You feel your pulse quicken, the pressure rise, your heart thundering in your ears. You've been waiting for this, all week, you have been waiting for this. And then you enter the large room, filled with people. Fornicating. Copulating. Going mad in that maddening scent, and on the wall... right in front of you... Nothing. Darkness. You can't focus, you are trying to remember, but you can't focus. You know there was something there, something that would certainly shatter your mind should you remember, and yet remember you must. Your mind is at the same time screaming a warning, and trying desperately to remember. You feel torn, pulled in different direction. You see red now, then black again. Are you fainting? Are you dying? Which one would be better? [ooc]Roll against a Stability loss.[/ooc]
Cam drives by, not stopping in front of the villa, instead looking for a good place to pull over and keep an eye on the place, not too close to avoid attracting attention. Then he realizes Ian is staring into space, mouth open, eyes rolled back. He is slightly moving, as if his muscles are contracting and then releasing out of control.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: [IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron decides to forget the house for now, he drives away to look for a spot where he can park safely and take care of Ian. The sight of the house has obviously triggered another of his deeply-buried memories.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Stability,[ooc]Stability roll = 1 http://orokos.com/roll/491416[/ooc]
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

As soon as it's safe to do so, Cam pulls the car over and stops. He takes Ian's belt and puts it between his teeth, so that he doesn't bite his tongue while convulsing. Then he waits. Luckily, there are no people around, not even cars passing on the street. Finally, Ian snaps back to reality. The world spins around him, and he barely manages to open the door before he throws up his lunch on the ground. He feels anxious, on edge, still feeling something dark lurking on the back of his mind.
Ian,[ooc]You lose 4 Stability points.[/ooc]
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian coughs and spits while trying to push away some imaginary enemy. "NO, no... NO! What is it?!? I can't remember! I have to!" It takes a couple of minutes for him to calm himself, and after spending a few more minutes staring at the vomit pool on the floor he regains his grip on reality.

"Cameron?" He asks, making sure his friend still there, but not really looking. "I've been here before. More than once. Parties. Fancy cars. The cult. I was one them... I'm pretty sure now. This is where it all happened. Fornication... Copulation... Madness. I wanted this. I wanted it so much." He stops for a few moments, feeling lost, like he didn't know himself anymore. "I don't remember much. Stairs... I remember stairs...I don't know if up or down. And a large room, filled with people doing all kinds of craziness. They were... We were all inebriated by this maddening scent. Sweet, alluring. And there was a wall. I can see it... Nothing. Darkness. I can't remember. There was something there, but... God, I can't remember!"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Take it easy Ian Cameron says gently. “All that is over with now. You're free of them."

He relaxes his grip on Ian's arm. "It looks like we’ve found what we were looking for. What do you remember about Trammel now?”
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian,You saw [b]Trammel[/b] in your vision, he was participating in the cult's... activities. With enthusiasm. When [b]Cam[/b] asks you about him, one more memory flashes in your mind. He is handing a vial to you, full of a transparent, white-ish liquid. It's Nectar. You realize in a flash this is the first time you are taking it. You see your hand grabbing the vial, hesitating. Trammel is smiling at you. Now, watching the scene unfold as a spectator, you notice his smile is almost a sneer. Like mocking you. You feel a tide of hate rising in you, aimed at the man. Pure, undiluted hate.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Well... he appeared in this vision too. He was there with all those people." He says with gritting teeth. "Now that you're asking... something more came to my mind. Another piece of memory. He is handing me a vial, full of a transparent, white-ish liquid. It's Nectar. I'm... I'm pretty sure this is the first time I'm taking it. I see my hand grabbing the vial, not without hesitation. Trammel is there...smiling at me. His smile is almost like a sneer... mocking me." He feels the blood pumping in his temple and he grit his teeth even stronger when he realizes that he never felt like that before. He hates Samson Trammel. Just Pure, undiluted hate.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Cameron
sees the intensity of Ian’s feelings. He hopes that it won’t affect his judgement.

“You’ll get your chance to see Trammel again. Let’s just make sure that it’s on our terms, not his. Now, do you recall Captain Walker?”
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian,You don't have any memory of Walker. At the moment, you don't know if you ever met him, or if you met him and just can't remember his face.
You are parked a couple of hundred meters after Trammel's villa, waiting for Ian to recover. From your position, you can still see the villa's gate. After about ten minutes since you parked, you notice a black car stopping in front of the gate, then entering inside as soon as the gate opens up. The car didn't pass past where you were parked, but arrived from the same direction you did, meaning that it probably came from Los Angeles. You can't see who is inside the car, nor the license number, as you are simply too far for that.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Sorry. No." He says without looking. "The only memories I have are these visions, and so far... No Captain Walker."

As he raises his head, he sees the black car entering the villa's gate. "Cam, look! It's Trammel! We can get him, you and me! We can make him pay..." He clenches his fists as he feels the hate burning inside him again.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“No Ian!” says Cameron firmly. “He’ll have help. We need to play this much more carefully. Do you remember anything at all about his security, or about the layout of the house?”
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian,Your memories are too vague and confused to give you the kind of information Cam wants.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"I'm really sorry, Cam." He shakes his head, feeling ashamed. "My memories are too vague. Apart from the stairs and the and the large room where the ceremonies took place I can't remember a thing."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“That’s okay. We know he’s there, and he’s probably not going anywhere. I don’t think just the two of us can take him on though. We should rejoin the others and decide what we’re going to do next.”
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You get back in the car and make a U-turn, heading back to Los Angeles. As you pass once again in front of Trammel's villa, you notice a black car - the one that entered just now, probably - waiting in front of the house, a man standing next to it and walking as if to pass time. You can't see him clearly as you pass by, but he seems mexican, or otherwise latino. He is bulky, wearing a light blue shirt and a cheap pair of trousers.
Cam,Your experience tells you that the man is a driver and bodyguard. It's likely he's waiting for someone inside, and they'll depart again in a short time.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"This looks interesting. I bet that guy is Trammel's driver. We can follow them and see where they go."

He pulls the car over and turns off the engine.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"We can't let him go now we're so close. I have to see him. We can call the others once we know where he's going." He feels relieved that Cam changed his mind. He knows that Trammel is a dangerous man and a confrontation right now is not the best strategy, but when the time comes... He wants him to suffer for what he did...
OOC:   Do I have a gun?

Sorry for the absence, guys. Life got in the way of my fun.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam pulls over again, and the waiting begins. It's not a long wait, as less than thirty minutes later the black car leaves the estate and heads back in the direction of Los Angeles, passing right next to your car before continuing on. You look quickly inside as the car passes, and you can see another mexican, this one dressed in an elegant white suit, sitting on the back seat of the car.
Cam,[ooc]You'll need to roll Shadowing to follow the car. Originally, the player who created Cam spent the points without considering some abilities that were crucial for a character like Cam, and also usually belonging to the skillset of an ex-military, ex-criminal. I have moved around some points to reflect that. At the end of this section I'll give you the freedom to move around some points as you see fit, or even create a new investigator from scratch[/ooc]
Ian,[ooc]As you didn't mention bringing a gun with you, you don't have it. You also lack the Preparedness skill, so you can't make a spend of that ability to have a gun with you.[/ooc] The man inside the car, the one in the suit, looks vaguely familiar. At least, you get the impression you have already seen him. It's definitely not Trammel, anyway.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Ian, did you recognize that man in the white suit? Was it Trammel?”

Cameron puts the car into gear and pulls out from the kerb.
OOC,Can I spend the points on Shadowing? Sorry I'm still inexperienced about how ToC works. Don't worry about changing him for now, he seems to work fine!

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”