[IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - LA] A Trip to Pasadena (Ian, Cam)

Post by Overlord87 »

HoneyDog,While Investigative abilities always succeed, General abilities need rolls to determine success or failure. In this particular case, you should roll your Shadowing vs the opponent's Sense Trouble. You roll 1d6 and can spend any number of points from your Shadowing pool to increase the result (you decide before the roll is done), meaning the more points you decide to invest, the better your chances are.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

He shakes his head in disappointment. "Nah... that wasn't him. His face is vaguely familiar, though. I got a feeling that I've seen that man before."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

”That's okay" Cameron replies. "Remember that Buchwald told us that the Nectar business was run by Mexicans? Maybe these characters will know about it.”

He follows the car, using all of his skills to avoid being noticed.
Shadowing,HoneyDog rolled [url=http://orokos.com/roll/499509]Shadowing[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]5[/b]
Overlord87,Thanks for the information, I remember now. I rolled 5, and I'm happy to spend a point to maximise our chances of not being seen.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You follow the car back to Los Angeles, Cam keeping a safe distance to avoid being spotted. In the end, the car stops in front of an unassuming building in downtown Los Angeles, three-storey and white like there are hundreds in the city, usually mainly residential. The man in the suit comes out of the car, and you can now see he carries a small black suitcase, but what's most interesting, it's chained to his wrist with handcuffs. He quickly enters the building, while the car gets moving again and leaves.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron pulls up at the curb. Ian, stay here. I need to follow him. If I’m not back in thirty minutes, return to the hotel and warn the others. Don’t argue with me.”

He exits the car, and follows the man with the briefcase.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"No, no, no! I can't stay here. I'm going..." He is interrupted by the door of the car slamming in his face. "DAMN IT!" He screams, punching the car dashboard. The pain in his hand is somehow soothing, and after a few moments muttering to himself, regretting the sudden attack on the vehicle's interior, he looks at his watch. "OK, boss... 30 minutes. I hope you don't need my help, 'cause well... I'll be sitting out here doing NOTHING!" He screams at the window, feeling bitter and useless. He knows his memories are an advantage as much as they are a liability. Trying to make some use of his time, he lights a Lucky and takes a good look at the building and the surrounding area, trying to remember anything.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cam enters the building hall just in time to see the man disappear up a flight of stairs.
Cam,If you want to follow him without being noticed, you'll need a Stealth roll
Ian,Nothing strange outside. The building, though... it looks familiar. You've been here in the past. You also realize this street is not far from the offices of the Los Angeles Times.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron knows that Ian won’t be happy about being left behind, but it’s far easier to notice two people following you than one. Besides Ian’s fragile state of mind might prove to be a liability. Cameron follows the man, making sure to be discreet.
Stealth,[url=http://orokos.com/roll/500389]Stealth[/url]: [u]1d6[/u] [b]4[/b] I'm happy to spend the points too to make it more effective if necessary.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

HoneyDog,You've got to decide a spend (and how many points you want to spend) before making the roll. Just this time, you can still decide to make the spend, then I'll tell you if it's a success or a failure.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Overlord87,Sorry Overlord! Can I retroactively say that I spent 2 points before, and then made my roll? I'll get it right next time.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

HoneyDog,Yes, you can make the spend. Unfortunately, though, you are spotted :(
Cam walks up the stairs slowly, trying not to be seen as it follows the man up to the second floor. Then unfortunately another man come up running behind Cam, saying: "I'm sorry mister, I'm in a hurry", as he pushes Cam aside and runs past the mexican, too, headed for the third floor. That's enough to catch the attention of the mexican for a second, as he stops to take a look back. He then continues to walk towards an apartment on the second floor, probably not even suspicious, but he's seen Cam's face.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Shit” thinks Cameron. He tries to look as nonchalant as possible, still following the Mexican to see which apartment he enters.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The mexican stops in front of apartment 22 and knocks. Cam keeps walking, passing the man with the suitcase and registering the number. A couple of seconds later, the door is opened and the mexican disappears inside.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron returns downstairs to look for the apartment’s mailbox and find out who it belongs to.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The mailbox has the name "Aguado" on it.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron returns to the car where Ian is waiting.

“I hope I wasn’t gone too long. The guy went into apartment 22. It’s registered to someone named Aguado. Does that mean anything to you?”
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian,The name Aguado does not ring any bell. Your drive pushes you to go to the apartment and meet the mexican guy. You feel you knew him, back when you were using Nectar.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Hmm. No... Can't remember anyone named Aguado." He answers dryly. "You shouldn't left me behind. For all I know, this fella could be my contact in this Nectar business. The Times is just a couple of blocks from here. Maybe he'll remember me!" The tone in his voice start to raise and he stops for a few seconds and continue. "Apartment 22 you say? Sorry, Cam, I don't expect you to understand, but I have to talk to this man." He gets out of the car, slamming the door behind him and starts walking towards the building.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Ian, wait!” Cameron runs after him and grabs his arm.

“These men are very dangerous! We can’t just walk up to them and ask them what they’re doing. We’ll just have to wait and watch the place. Come back to the car!”
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian takes a hard look at Cam's hand in his arm and turns his head quickly to the building, searching the windows for possible observers. "I know this man, Cam!" He stops talking and takes another look at the building before continue in a lower, calmer tone. "Look, I'm pretty sure I knew him in my Nectar days. The Times is just a couple of blocks from here. Maybe this is the place where I first have contact with it. It makes perfect sense." He puts his hand in Cam's shoulder and looks him in the eyes. "This is an opportunity. We can use this. Help me here, and maybe we can retrieve some information."

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”