[IC - LA] Midday Strategic Meeting

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - LA] Midday Strategic Meeting

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian

Ian stops walking back and forth inside the room and says: "I agree we should search another hotel as quickly as possible. But after that, I'd prefer to check on Trammel's estate in Pasadena. I might have been there in the past, and going there might help me remember something more. Also, we might see Trammel leaving the house, and tail him. Something useful might come up. Perhaps some of us can check at the UCLA for Ayers, while someone else accompanies me to Pasadena, possibly Cameron or Clarence, in case of trouble".
Cameron,You are putting together all the informations you gathered, and you notice something curious: the phone number [b]Holly[/b] and [b]Christopher[/b] got for [b]Walker[/b] is the same as the number you got for [b]Trammel[/b].
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“I can come to Pasadena, but we’re only having a look to case the joint, see what kind of setup it is. That’s it! At the moment, anyways.”

“Hey, wait a minute” Cameron exclaims. He is looking at the notes which Holly and Christopher made about their investigations. He then opens his own notebook.

“I thought so! Look everyone!” He holds both the note and the notebook out towards the others. “The phone number you have for Walker, and the number for Trammel. They’re the same! Either they live together, or they’re the same person!”
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher was happy to listen to the others while he finished his sandwich, making notes as things unfolded in the telling. Of particular interest were the titles of the books sold as part of Echivaria's estate and he writes them down, they would make excellent additions to the the faculty library, should the opportunity arise to obtain them.

"We've managed to foil any plans Pizner had for us and probably dropped him in a whole heap of trouble with Walker, not that he doesn't deserve it. I think it's reasonable to assume that the person who set those oriental thugs onto us back in Savannah also passed on our details to Walker who may also be Trammel." he nods to Cameron acknowledging the earlier revelation.That's the way that Pizner was primed to come after us, we set of his 'trip-wire' as soon as we met with Fowley. There's no evidence that Pizner has anyone actively helping him..." he pauses ".. sorry, thinking aloud here.. We had better assume that Walker will be wanting an update from Pizner soon, definitely in the next day or so and that's when he'll realise that we're onto them."

Christopher drinks the last of his beer "Pasadena is what... forty minutes away.. at most? Let's get checked out of the hotel, explaining out plans have changed and we need to leave for 'New York' urgently, in case anyone asks." he winks. "So, we find another hotel then split up again.... I'll go to UCLA my standing at the university may be of help."
OOC:   Does Christopher recognise any of the books mentioned?
I think we slipped up by not searching Pizner's offices.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm familiar with academia and good with people," says Holly, " and not so good at remaining undetected, so I'll go to UCLA as well. It's possible Trammel uses Captain Walker as an alternate identity to serve as a front, but maybe they are two different men."
OOC,It may not be too late. Someone could still go to his office.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   OK, so we have Ian and Cam to Pasadena, the other three to UCLA. I'll keep this topic up a couple more days if you need to say anything else, and will open the new IC topics in the weekend.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Just chdcking in before I open the IC topics: do you want to stop at Pizner's office? It's an address in the Mid City area of LA, so definitely easier to reach for the group going at UCLA. Let me know if you want to check it or go directly to the university.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I think it's worth stopping by the office. Someone other than me and [b]Christopher[/b] should check it out first, though [b]Pizner[/b] has probably seen all of us at some point.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,[b]Cameron[/b] can go, maybe [b]Clarence[/b] too if he's interested.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

ooc,As long as we're quick, we will probably need to break into his office, could be risky.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Maybe we should all go? Those who know what Pizner looks like can keep dog, as we used to say at school, while [b]Cameron[/b] and[b] Clarence[/b] do some searching
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

ooc,I doubt that prisoner could get released this early. Unless we have someone with 'locksmith' that can quickly get past the office door I'd say we should pass on searching the office, not likely to be any 'core clues' there.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

carnage_lee wrote:
ooc,I doubt that prisoner could get released this early. Unless we have someone with 'locksmith' that can quickly get past the office door I'd say we should pass on searching the office, not likely to be any 'core clues' there.
OOC,That would be Clarence.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
Ok, so, assuming you don't change your mind and decide on going all together, I'd say we proceed as previously decided: Cam and Ian to Pasadena; Clarence, Holly and Christopher making a stop to Pizner's office, before continuing to the UCLA. All right?
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   Aye, I'm all up for that!  
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Sounds good.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's good for me too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Ok, so. I'll open the topic for Holly, Christopher and Clarence right away. I ask HoneyDog to wait until leonardolad comes back, then I'll open the topic for your characters as well.  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”