[IC - LA] Buchwald's Office (Ian, Clar. and Cam)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: [IC - LA] Buchwald's Office (Ian, Clar. and Cam)

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron pulls out the accounting book and places it on the desk in front of Buchwald. He opens it and says “This is your work, isn’t Mr. Buchwald”?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Buchwald picks up the book and skims through the pages: "Well, look at this... yes, this was mine. It went missing from my office after I learned about the police investigation but before Mr. Echavarria's death. I had duplicates, luckily. I was terrified that the police had gotten hold of them and would use them to put us all on trial, and that Mr. Echavarria would find out."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“What or who do these codenames refer to?” replies Cameron. “For instance, we know that Echavarria is ‘Black’, and you are ‘Towncar’, but what about the others?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Buchwald answers: "These codenames were for the people that handled the sales of Nectar at street level. I say "street level", but keep in mind that Nectar was no common drug. It was particularly expensive, and as far as I know Mr. Echavarria preferred to sell to few selected clients, reducing the risks of attracting unwanted attention from the authorities. If I remember correctly, those people were mostly mexicans, or latinos anyway. I can't tell you much more as my job required practically no contact with them. They were members of the cult, though, that's for sure. You could't be part of the Nectar production and distribution chain if you weren't part of the cult".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron takes the book back, turns some pages and then points the note which had been written inside the account book with the details of Buchwald and Echavarria.

“Do you recognize that writing?” he asks.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Buchwald looks at the note, then says: "No, this is not mine".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Cameron is now wondering how much truth he's getting."Who would know who these people in your book are Mr. Buchwald?"
OOC:   Can I assess his honesty again? I don't trust this guy.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Buchwald replies curtly: "Perhaps the ones who stole it", then he takes off his glasses, looking suddenly tired, and adds: "Look, for me this is... or rather, was, until a few minutes ago... ancient history. I don't know why you are investigating this old story, and if someone from back then survived. But I can give you one piece of advice, for free. There will be no profit to what you are doing. Go home to your families. Hold close the ones you love. There is no profit to dredging up the past".
Assess Honesty,As far as you can tell, he's being honest.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Cameron’s sympathy for the man is limited at best. He feels himself beginning to lose his temper, but doesn’t want to make a scene with the secretary outside the door. He speaks with a controlled voice, yet one which has an edge to it.

“Dredging up the past? Don’t you realise? The shit you and your cultist friends cooked up never finished. So you’ll sit in that chair and answer questions until we’re satisfied. And if we’re not satisfied I’ll throw you out the fucking window.”

He calms down a bit. "Relax Buchwald. we probably won't keep you much longer. My colleagues might have more questions for you. I have one more. Is the name Mark Scott familiar to you?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Buchwald listens in silence at Cameron's threat, then says weakly: "As you wish... you have the whip hand after all. I don't know anyone called Mark Scott".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   I think I'm done questioning guys. Is there anything else to ask him?  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"About this Samson Trammel... I understand that it comes as a surprise to you that he's even alive but there are anything else you can tell us about him? Maybe an address or what kind of activities he was involve with, inside or outside the cult? Also, what happened to Echavarria's possessions after his death?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"As I told you, I don't know what happened to him after the incident. I have no idea where he might be, and even back then I had minimal contact with him. Regarding Mr. Echavarria's possessions, well... he had no heirs, so if I remember correctly... yes, I arranged the service of Magnificent Villa Auction Services. It's a firm, their offices are in this building, on the third floor. They handled the liquidation of Mr. Echavarria's real estate and belongings after his death".
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

OOC:   Do we have the photos from the deposit box with us?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Well, I assumed Holly would keep them, but if any of you spends 2 points of Preparedness, you can have them with you. Obviously, Holly and Christopher would not have them if they need.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Looking at our stats, none of our characters have preparedness! Only Mr.H and Carnage Lee. Perhaps we can take Buchwald with us when we leave?  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   I think we have covered all the bases.  
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Lets wait and see what LeonardoLad wants to do then.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

OOC:   I think I'm done. We should probably go to the Auction Services and see if we can get more info on Echavarria's stuff. We could also take Buchwald with us and show him the pictures.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Mr. Buchwald is there any other details you can share with us? I know you you're a family man now, conducting a legitimate business, and I can assure you we don't have any interest in bring you any trouble. We're just trying to do good here."
OOC:   Using Reassurance and Assess Honesty if needed.  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”