[IC - LA] Buchwald's Office (Ian, Clar. and Cam)

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - LA] Buchwald's Office (Ian, Clar. and Cam)

Post by Overlord87 »

The man looks back at Clarence, and answers in an unfriendly tone: "No, I wouldn't. Look those up for yourself, and don't come back troubling me again". He stands up and offers you his hand.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   He's not very nice. Still, we could now search for Trammel in Pasadena. Is there anything else you guys would like to try?  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Clarence Lanalor
Clarence narrows his eye as he looks at Mr Ferris with a sideways glance.

"Now then Mr Ferris, we are not out to cause any ill feeling here, we are simply trying to locate some of our clients belongings. You have been most helpful so far. Now I understand that you think of us private investigators as nothing but trouble, but we are just like any other walk of life - good and bad and I'd like to think that we are the good guys here." Pursing his lips Clarence takes a deep breath.

"Now this Mr Trammel may or may not fall into this category, but I sense that from your reaction there is something that you are not telling us. Would you not be willing to help us out here; please?"
OOC:   Would a point of reassurance help here or not?  
OOC:   We should be able to find the address through phone directories etc, maybe trade directories could be available - not sure what is available for thirties USA.  
Last edited by Cearlan on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Mr. Ferris seems to soften up a bit, but not much: "I have already done more than I should have, and i don't have any other information to provide you. I do not personally know most of our clients, and I don't know Mr. Trammel. If you believe he made use of our firm to sell or acquire objects illegally obtained, then I think you should report to the police... if you have proof. Until then, I can be of no further assistance to you, and I have work to return to".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Nice comeback Cearlan! Shall we leave it here and see if we can find Trammel in the phone book? I can always come back at a later date and interrogate this guy if necessary. It's probably best not to cause a scene now though.  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Clarence Lanalor
Clarence stands and takes Ferris' hand and gives it a firm handshake;

"Thanking you so much for your time Mr Ferris, you have given us a few directions of inquiry to follow. Here is my card in case you need to get in touch with us, we are staying at the Sunset Hotel in case you remember anything else of note that you would like to impart. Good day to you Sir. We do have proof, but like your good self, that would involve breaking client confidentiality, which I know you are aware of." Clarence gives him a disarming smile before turning on his heel and leaving the office.
OOC:   I don't think there is anything to be gained by intimidation at this time - though it might be prudent to see what he does next, make phone calls leave his office or whatever.

Thanks HoneyDog.  
In the outer office, and once everyone has left Ferris' office I bend down and take my time fastening my shoelaces whilst keeping an eye on the secretary and listening to see if Ferris telephones anyone direct from his office.
OOC:   Hoping I ain't got slip-ons on lol. I think that's about as much as we can do here chaps!  
Last edited by Cearlan on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   There doesn't seem to be any suspect action from Ferris.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Shall we head on over to Pasadena then? Or at least somewhere where we can get a Pasadena phone
book.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

leonardolad,[ooc]I'll update your Drive. You can at this point still decide to go search for Nectar, but also facing your past by tracking up Trammel would be fine (either one of the two satisfies your Drive). Problem is, you will want to meet with him in person, not just search his phone number or scout his house. By today, of course :twisted:[/ooc]
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Overlord,[ooc]Try and meet one of Echavarria's inner circle member face-to-face? Sounds even less healthier than looking for Nectar :P Ok, let's see how can I manage this![/ooc]
Ian Morin

"Ok, so this Trammel was one of E's cult inner circle member, and apparently he managed to retrieve most of E's possessions, including his occult books. Add to this the thugs in Savannah and that I apparently met the man two years ago and I think we can safely say that the cult didn't die with Echavarria, right? We should look for Trammel in a phone book." Ian says in an impatient tone.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Agreed” says Cameron. “Let’s find a phone”.

They go outside and Cameron spots a public telephone. He rings the operator and asks if there is a listing for a Samson Trammel in Pasadena.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Yes, I have a number for Samson Trammel in Pasadena. Do you want me to put through the call?", the operator asks.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"No thanks. I'll just take the number and the address too" says Cameron, his pencil poised over his notepad.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You get the phone number and the address, then hang up.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Cameron shows the address to the others. “Now we’re getting somewhere” he smiles. “Fancy a trip to Pasadena, boys?”
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"YES!" He replies with excitement before complete "Even though, we should probably bring Holly and Christopher along. They should be back at the hotel by now."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Clarence Lanalor
Clarence says; "Yes, definitely, I think we should go there as a group and case the joint before deciding what course of action to take next."
Last edited by Cearlan on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

“Sure. I get the impression Trammel might be quite a dangerous character. We’ll have to be cautious. Let’s get the car and head back to the hotel”.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Continues here: viewtopic.php?f=352&t=5919  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”