[IC - LOS ANGELES] Back at the hotel

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: [IC - LOS ANGELES] Back at the hotel

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can go with you to the newspaper tomorrow," Holly tells Ian. "Finding the accountant does sound like the key. He may have died in 1924, but he may not have, in which case he could still be helping run the remnant of the cult."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"The rest of us should start to track down Buchwald. If he's an accountant, he should have a registered office somewhere."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Good, do we have any other matters to talk about, or can we call it a day? I'm sorry... I'm really tired."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly nods. "I understand completely," she says. "You've been through a lot, more than the rest of us. Tomorrow is another day. Good night."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Yes, it's time we all got some rest.... shall we say 'breakfast at eight'? he asks.
Before retiring,Christopher will check the business directory - it stands to reason that Buchwald has a legitimate accounting business and could be listed under his name.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"Sounds good to me, let's turn in. Goodnight everyone."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian collapses on the bed right after the meeting is concluded, crawling under the sheets without even getting changed, and falling immediately in a deep sleep. Christopher stops to make a quick research at the city directory and discovers the number and address of an office of accounting under the name of Abraham Buchwald. The address is in Los Angeles downtown, not far from the hotel. After that, you all are eager to get some sleep and you wish goodnight to each other, agreeing to meet again for breakfast the following day.

It's not a restful night for most of you. In your mind, you can still see Ian scratching his skin like a possessed man, and you can feel there are more bad things waiting for you along the way, especially if that deranged cult is still alive, as your latest discoveries seem to point out. You spend a couple of hours turning in your bed, or staring blankly at the ceiling, before finally falling asleep. You wake a few hours later under a gray sky, heavy with promises of rain. Still, you feel a familiar excitement rising - today promises to reveal some much yearned truths. So you all are in high spirits when you meet at the table to eat a quick breakfast and decide the best course of action for the day.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I hope you're feeling better this morning, Mr. Morin," says Holly between sips of her coffee. "Our first stop should be the newspaper. We can find out what we can about this detective, as well as the case you were on the last time you were in Los Angeles."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"I'm feeling better, doctor. Thank you for your help. All I need is a couple of scrambled eggs and a hot cup of coffee and I'm good to go." He says, waving for the waitress. "I was thinking... now that we know about the... hum... Nectar... Maybe we can find a dealer in the streets. Try to track it back to its suppliers. I need to know more about it. About what I did."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

"That's all well and good Ian, but, the thirst for knowledge should never outweigh the fact that we need to take care of ourselves at the same time." Clarence looks worriedly at his friend.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"I could make some enquiries about nectar, I know one or two people here. But we already have a name and address for Buchwald, who we know is involved in the dealing network. Why not just go straight to him?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, perhaps the rest of you can look into sources of Nectar while Mr. Morin and I visit the newspaper," says Holly, pausing to tuck in to her order of French toast. "It's best if he doesn't interact with any members of the cult or the drug business for more than one reason. It's possible they might recognize him. Finding Buchwald might not lead to it if he just handles the books and not the merchandise, though it's still vital. We need to approach this from multiple angles. Plus, if we obtain a sample of Nectar, I can analyze it in a lab. As part of uncovering the supply chain, it should be simple to purchase some."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"That sounds like a good idea, Buchwald has to know more about Echivaria and the cult, we'll have to persuade him to spill the beans. I also want to collect the photographs that I took yesterday of the plans of Echivaria's mansion." Christopher tucks into his scrambled eggs, wondering what the day will bring.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

"I'll visit Buchwald. I know how to be persuasive" he adds, darkly.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Look, I know you mean well, and you're completely right. We have to be careful." He agrees with his head, looking to Clarence and Holly, then continues with a noticeable nervousness in his voice. "But things have changed for me since yesterday. I'm not just helping Ms. Winston-Rogers now. I mean... I want to get to the bottom of this for her but, coincidentally or not, this is also about me, and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of things I can remember that will help us, and I feel that following the Nectar trail will help me to unravel that. I can go with Cameron!" He perceives a slight increase in the volume of his voice and stand back, drinking from his coffee cup. "I know I made quite a scene yesterday, and maybe someone will recognize me, but we can find a way. I don't wanna be a liability, and sure as hell don't wanna put any of us in danger. I wanna help." He looks at his friends in desperation, hoping they'll understand.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can certainly understand that," says Holly. "I'd feel the same way in your situation. You should do what you think is best, just so long as you're careful."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Cameron looks at Ian evenly. "I know how you feel Mr Morin, I really do. But you are helping us greatly by visiting the newspaper. You are a journalist, and it's a world you know better than any of us. You don't need to prove anything to us, and they'll be plenty of opportunity to prove things to yourself later. This whole affair won't be finished any time soon, I'll bet my life on it." He pauses. "If you come to Buchwald's, and we discuss the drug again, or your memories get triggered, it could bring on an attack like before."
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"There may be something to what Mr. Cameron says, sometimes putting a little 'distance' from emotionally charged situations is a good thing to do but we are also 'groping about in the dark' here and we need to straighten things out so we can decide on what really needs to be done." he adds, hoping that Morin can understand both sides of the argument. "But I don't think we can decide for you... if you want to go to see Buchwald then I will accompany Dr. Chastain, one thing we can all agree on is that we should not 'go about' unaccompanied."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

"Thank you, friends." He says, almost in an apologetic way. "I would like to go with Cameron and see what we can find with Buchwald. I bet he can tell us more about the Nectar. I can call my friends at the Times and I'm pretty sure they'll help you." He completes, looking ate Holly and Fontana.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron

Cameron sighs. “Very well, come with me. Let’s see if Buchwald remembers you.”

He turns to Clarence. “Clarence, can you come with us? I’d like you there if things get rough”.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”