[IC - LOS ANGELES] Welcome to L.A.

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: [IC - LOS ANGELES] Welcome to L.A.

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"The notebook with the mouths scribblings, that's it. The page with Katherine's picture on it had a line saying: 'Katherine has material Katherine has...I'm so sorry Katherine.' About finding her grave, we'd visit her local church or pop by Henslow for a quick question on where she is." Clarance stumps his cigarette out and waits on for the others to arrive back out.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Cameron picks up the notebook and studies it for a couple of minutes. "Not the work of a professional, but still someone that knew what he was doing. I think I can crack this, but it's gonna take a couple days of work, maybe three".
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher nods, "Find her grave...." he snorts "Let's hope that cemeteries aren't going to be a recurring theme in our investigation. I'm not sure we can or should just 'pop-by' Henslowe we know that we're definitely not welcome there." he says ruefully. "I wish we had more of a plan... it seems to me that we're 'following breadcrumbs' which could be dangerous for us, we've been caught unaware already and I'm not anxious to repeat that." he adds looking at Clarence "Sorry... you know better than any of us how that turned out.. any aches and pains?" he asks.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Clarence shrugs, and stops himself in mid-motion. The shoulder is still soar. Not to speak of the thigh. Hell, walking is a pain. That's partly why he is content staying by the cars.
"Need some serious target practicing before next. Or a suit of armour..."
He bangs on the plate of the car and breaks the tension.

"A bigger gun would be a start." He smiles at Fontana, his friend.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Chrstopher Fontana
"That or a platoon of Marines." he replies grinning, "I wonder what's keeping the others?"
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian Morin

Ian nods to Cameron as he sees Holly leaving the room. "I see. Maybe you can work on it during our breaks. We should be going. It looks like Dr. Chastain is not feeling very well." He takes the photos from the table and walks towards the exit.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Outside the warehouse, Christopher and Clarence are chatting, while keeping an eye on the surroundings. They don't notice anything out of the ordinary. After about ten minutes have passed, Holly steps outside the building, a little pallid. She draws a long breath as soon as she steps outside the building, before heading towards the two men. Not a couple of minutes later, Cameron and Ian join the others, carrying with them a black notebook and a bunch of photographs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm feeling a little better now," says Holly, taking a deep breath. "It's one thing to hear about the things depicted in those photos, but it's quite another to see people actually doing them, even if it's just still photos and not a film. They were taken in various different places, the homes of people in different social classes and private outdoor gardens. They all have well-styled hair and some have jewelry, but none of them are wearing clothes, so I can't determine their social class. I recognized Edgar Job in a few of those pictures, and one Latin American man who must be Echavarria is in every shot. None of these pictures features Olivia Clarendon, but I did recognize another actor in a few of them: Richard something or other. Some time in a library and I'll figure out all about him. He was never big, but he was in some small-time silent movies in the early twenties. I wonder if he might have been in The Twins with Miss Clarendon. They were filming that in the summer of 1924."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"We were just now talking about Katherine Clark and her job and there could be material at her grave or her apartment. Photos of films. Who took those pictures you're referring to?" Clarance stays leaned against the car but is certainly eager to glean of what Holly is describing.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I had thought that she took them," says Holly. "Wasn't she the photographer of the group?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"And she had the doll's face to go with the job." "In the notebook we got earlier one of the pages said Katherine had material. Could this be it?" Clarance asks.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe part of it," says Holly. "I think there may be more. There's also that notebook that was in the box, but Cameron's going to need some time to decode it. Katherine must have been very brave to watch and photograph all those dreadful things among such people. You can look at the pictures if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Let's not 'look at anything' out here, we should go back to our hotel to discuss what the deposit box contained and make plans for tomorrow." Christopher suggests.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sounds about right to me."
TVblog

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You head back towards the hotel, careful not to be followed. After a quick dinner, you gather in one of the rooms to assess the situation and plan for the following day.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Tomorrow I'd like to go to the library and try to find out who the actor named Richard in the pictures is," says Holly when they get back to the room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"Tomorrow I'd like to go to the library and try to find out who the actor named Richard in the pictures is," says Holly when they get back to the room.
Is that something we'd know from general knowledge?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Technically, anyone checking up the photos could remember seeing the guy playing some minor part back in the early twenties. It's highly unlikely any of you could know what happened to him after that, if he's alive or dead, where he lives, any relative, etc.

All these info would need some time spent researching.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   So, how do you want to proceed? Off to a public library? All together, or Ian and Cameron stay behind to work on decrypting the notebook?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I think nobody should go anywhere alone. I'll go to the library with at least one other person. We do need [b]Cameron[/b] to work on the notebook.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”