[IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:  
laitang wrote: My suspicions are that we were watched, they saw us find the book, and now they want it.
Who could have seen us or known that we were looking around? - I point the finger at Currthers the manservant.
I don't think that's the case, we were just 'warned off' - they already had a note (suggests that they don't speak English), so that implies the attack was in reaction to whatever we did before the trip to the Henslowe place. This probably also means that we can expect to be watched/followed from now on and our 'enemy' knows that LA is likely to be our next stop.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,3b) I asked about this. It was [b]Dr. Keaton[/b]'s idea to have [b]Job[/b] brought to Joy Grove to see if he'd have more success trying to treat them both together. He didn't.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by leonardolad »

OOC:  
Mr. Handy wrote:3b) I asked about this. It was Dr. Keaton's idea to have Job brought to Joy Grove to see if he'd have more success trying to treat them both together. He didn't.
Also, Henslowe was willing to give us his notebook, but for some reason he felt the need to say we should "ask Frank Hickering". Why? He could have said "Go to my study. You'll find instructions inside a book named ...". Was he suspicious of Dr. Keaton? Or am I looking to much? Never liked that Keaton guy.  
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Cameron

Cam nods, smiles, and shakes each person's hand as they are introduced.

"Food sounds like a good plan to me. I left in kind of a hurry", he says before they head off to the diner.

After they are seated, the food arrives, and conversation turns to work related matters he nonchalantly scans the crowd as he eats so that he can gauge people's reaction to the various names that are mentioned. He almost gives the impression that he is not paying attention to the conversation until he says "I don't have any clue what the actual job is. All I was told was to come down and do my best to protect you. So maybe as we talk you could just give me a clue as to what special skill(s) got you added to the team, and then a general idea of what exactly we are trying to do. Like I said, I was sent here in a hurry and told I would be briefed later."
Then he continued devouring his food and scanning the crowd.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

During dinner, the group informs Cameron about their job and the status of their investigation. Various hypotheses are formulated on the attackers, but at the moment they all seems wild guesses.
RhinoRat,In case you haven't already,you can check The Diary thread and gather up all the relevant information. In case your character has some questions to ask the other, this is the moment.
Clarence,You befriend a couple of the guards watching over you and the wounded thug. When it becomes clear that they aren't going to press charges on you, they become much more open and gives you some information on the police investigation. You learn that the thug has recovered from the gunshot, but doesn't seem cooperative. Furthermore, he speaks only in a language they can't understand, and no interpreter has been found able of translating it. The police has brought in people knowing half a dozen languages from southeastern Asia, but with no result. The police has managed to track the thugs back to a motel just outside Savannah, the [b]Johnson Motel[/b], but the thugs were already disappeared. For the moment, you're still in hospital. Once the other characters are done with the current scene, I'll move things on and have you released. For the moment, wait a little more ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well," says Holly, "I'm a psychoanalyst as well as a medical doctor. My skills proved very useful, especially at Joy Grove Sanitarium. What skills do you have, Cameron, aside from the art of pugilism?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Cameron

"Sadly, I don't have much more to offer in the skills department. Mostly causing and soaking up damage. But I have been known to apply a bandage or two."

"So these Asian fellows that attacked you, did they use Kung Fu? Or any kind of martial art as far as you could tell? I am just trying to determine the threat level and possibly who our adversaries might be. Kind of odd that they were Asian, isn't it?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, that is odd," says Holly. "I wouldn't think Savannah would have a large Asian population. Los Angeles, on the other hand, does, but they'd never have gotten here from there quickly enough if this is in reaction to our investigation. I don't know if they were using martial arts or not. I tried to run away, and while I'm pretty fast, one of them was faster. I was too busy being battered to notice if he was using any special moves."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian

"Definitely odd. We had no contact with any other Asians here in Savannah. But if they were part of any kind of Asian mob, someone we met today has tipped them off, probably."
"I'm Ian, by the way. I'm a journalist with the Boston Post. I'm here for my investigative abilities and my contacts... I guess."
He says, looking unsure about it. "But well, I was born and raised in East Boston, so I can also throw a punch or two." He feels immediately embarrassed, imagining how flimsy he must look in the eyes of a guy who describes himself as a "meat shield".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm not always helpless myself," says Holly. "A madman attacked Mr. Fontana at the sanitarium, and I was the one who managed to stop him with a well-placed sedative injection."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher rubs his bitten shoulder "That was both unnerving and painful, without the good Doctor's intervention I believe he would have tried to rip my throat out, three of us could barely hold him off... and then those damned unfriendly alligators.. then those thugs ambushed us, it's actually been quite dangerous on this investigation." he says after finishing his food.

"We have a few days till Clarence gets discharged from the hospital, I understand.." he looks at Holly for confirmation "So we need to decide whether to 'keep our heads down' or see if we can track down our attackers before we head back to Boston." he adds, trying to gauge how the others want to move forward.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"They tracked us down once already," says Holly. "They can do it again, whether we're here in Boston, in Los Angeles, or elsewhere. We have to find out who they are and why they're trying to stop us from investigating - and who, if anyone, sent them. Someone must have a lot to lose from our digging into this matter to go to these lengths. We do have some time before Clarence is discharged, and the police also told us not to leave for now, so we might as well look into the matter further. Fortunately, one of them was captured. If we can find out who he is, we may be able to identify his associates."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Assume that you have one full day before Clarence is discharged. What would you like to do in that time?  
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

OOC:   Clarence waits for his wounds to heal.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Do we know yet what [b]Clarence[/b] discovered using Cop Talk? If not, the first thing we should do is visit him, and then we can find out about it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
OOC:   I also think that reuniting the group would be better. I'll wait until tomorrow if there's some alternative proposal, or something you want to do before Clarence gets discharged, otherwise I'll speed things up and you can move on from the lead found by Clarence.  
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Cameron

Cameron listened to the conversation, making eye contact and nodding in the appropriate places while still scanning the crowd and watching exits. He looked at the team a few times in disbelief at the mention of hospitals, madmen, and alligators.

He finished chewing, wiped his mouth with his napkin, and asked "Was there any connection that could cause the hospital to be shut down, or bring them under any scrutiny? Anything unusual seem to be going on there? I am wondering whether it is being used as a front for dealing opiates or something like that."

He shook his head trying to take in the info he was being told.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There was nothing that I could tell," says Holly. "It seemed like an ordinary mental hospital to me, and I'm familiar with them. Father Flanagan was disturbed by it, but that happens sometimes to people who aren't used to them."
OOC,Do we have to delay our investigation until [b]Clarence[/b] is discharged? Couldn't we follow the leads he gives us during that day?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Cameron,You think you might be able to get information on the thugs and any drug deal involving the sanitarium staff if you ask the right people around town, and are willing to spend some money to oil the gears.
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RhinoRat »

Cameron

"I am a bit short on funds right now, but if I had some cash to spread around I might be able to find out how the thugs are connected to this mystery. Do we have any available funds? And would you all be able to stay put somewhere safe while I am out doing that?"

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”