[IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Post by Overlord87 »

Father Flanagan moves towards the fallen thug and starts applying pressure on the wound, trying to stop the hemorrhage. Less than two minutes later, two police cars enter the square at full speed, pulling off in front of the hotel. Five policemen exits from the vehicles, guns in their hands. One of them shouts: "Nobody moves! Hand where I can see them!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly remains still, holding out her hands to show that they are empty. "Boy are we glad to see you, Officers!" she says with a relieved smile.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence smiles and slowly rises his hands as far as his wounds will allow.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Two ambulances are called to bring Clarence and the wounded thug to the hospital. The police gathers statements from the witnesses, then asks you not to leave the city for the moment, until they investigate the matter more accurately and try to gather informations on the asian men that attacked you. Also, the fact that Clarence was the first to open fire could be troublesome, although the police is not sure whether to just let it go as self-defense. The aggression looked organized and planned, and they seems suspicious that some of you might be hiding something, perhaps a link to organized crime.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We need to go to the hospital," Holly tells the others once the police are done with them for now. "Not only should we see how Clarence is doing and if the one they arrested has said anything, but we could use some treatment too. I'm in rather sorry shape myself. We also ought to at least send a telegram back to Boston, since we can't go in person just yet.'
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Let's get things squared away with the police and get healed up at a hospital. Christopher will get in contact with the pilot, explaining they're delayed a day or two and that they will want to get back to Boston and then onto LA.

Are there any other loose ends here that anyone can think of? How did someone learn of our investigation? Were we under surveillance going to interview Henslowe and Job? Did someone at the Sanatorium 'rat us out'?  
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

OOC:   I think we need to question the thug, to find out what he knows, and how he knew about us.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

"I agree." Ian says to Holly. "Let's go to the hospital to see how Clarence is doing, and maybe we can talk to the Asian fella. What was that bizarre sound they were making? I never heard anything like that." He says with a frowned face and putting the index finger in his ear, showing discomfort.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Clarence is being treated at the hospital. It's probably a couple of days more until he can be released. The thug is there as well, under police surveillance. You can make a 2-points Credit Rating, Bureaucracy or 1-point Cop Talk spend to obtain any information from the police about the investigation. The rest of the group has mostly minor bruises, so no need for particular medical care.

You send a telegram back to Boston (or inform the pilot, that will in turn inform Janet back in Boston), and the following day a man is sent to you from Boston to act as "bodyguard" and help you in the investigation. His name is Mungo Cameron, and looks like an ex-con. He reaches Ian, Christopher, Holly and Father Flanagan (still acting as NPC until you return to boston) at the hotel. Clarence is still in hospital.  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana
OOC:   Christopher will make drawings of the tattoos that the Asian thugs sported (those that he remembers) and try to elicit help from the others to try and ascertain who they were. Does Savannah have a 'triad' gang (or similar)? We obviously don't want to 'stir up the hornets nest' but I think we ought to try and find out who is setting 'armed ruffians' on us.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Streetwise could give you some information in that regard.

First though introduce your characters to the newcomer and put him "up to speed". Clarence is still in hospital, so for now just the other there.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly looks the new arrival up and down. He has a very imposing presence, and she is glad that he is on their side. "Hello," she says. "I'm Dr. Holly Chastain. We can fill you in on what we've learned so far. I'm not sure how much our employer has told you already."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Cameron

Cameron spent drive to the airport talking to Foster about the case and getting info on the team. After an uneventful flight to Savannah he arrived at the airport and learned from Kearns that the team was at the hospital. He took a small detour to pick up some hardware and ammo, stopped at a department store to grab a suitcase and some clothes and other personal effects.
OOC,Is the team at the hospital or the hotel? After I find out I will continue and respond to Dr. Chastain. Thanks.
Last edited by RhinoRat on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   The team is at the hotel, except for Clarence that is currently at the hospital and can't participate to the scene.

Clarence, though, might wish to make a spend on Credit Rating (2 points), Bureaucracy (2 points) OR Cop Talk (1 point) to obtain some information about the thug from the policemen that are keeping watch on the two wounded people at the hospital.  
RhinoRat
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Post by RhinoRat »

Cameron

After his shopping trip he headed to the hotel to find the team. With only his good looks and charm (or possibly bad looks and a slight bit of intimidation) he convinces the front desk to tell him the room(s) they are in. He headed up, knocked on the door, and called out "It's Cameron. I was told you are expecting me."

After the door opened and he slid his large well built frame through the door he is greeted by Dr. Chastain (above) and responded "Hello Doctor. Very nice to meet you. So far I am pretty much in the dark, except that someone was hurt and your boss thinks you all are important enough that you need a meat shield."
He smiled and took the opportunity to look her up and down appreciatively.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Most of us were injured," says Holly, smiling back, "but Clarence Lanalor got it the worst, and he's still in the hospital. Five Asian toughs ambushed us as we were leaving to head back to Boston after we'd completed the Savannah portion of our investigation. One of them beat me and flashed me a note telling us to drop the case and go home, so we're definitely on the right track. He could have done a lot worse to me. I guess that's what passes for a warning. I'm not going to give up, but I won't think any less of anyone who does. I have to find out the truth, whatever it is, and I won't be intimidated. We need more than a meat shield. Your job shouldn't simply be to take beatings for us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Quite right, we don't want to put anyone else in danger but we could definitely use the help!" Christopher says, offering his hand to Cameron "Welcome to the group." he adds. "Why don't we grab some coffee and sandwiches in the lobby? We can bring our newest team member up to speed and decide on what we do next.
OOC:   Assuming there's no objections..  
Christopher leads the group to a quiet corner of the lobby, where they can all sit, eat and share their experiences with Cameron.

... { catchup } ...

"Dr. Chastain is quite right about the ambush, we were unprepared for any attack.. the events we are investigating happened back in '24 and the 'warning' we have been given seems to indicate that someone is keen to keep things 'under wraps'. Christopher adds after explaining their investigation.
OOC:   Thinking things through a few things occur to me (but maybe not to Christopher) ... however other characters may had had similar thoughts.

Someone has found out about the investigation and wants it stopped. As I see things that leads to two (maybe three) ways that 'someone' could be onto us.

1) Someone close to Janet Winston-Rogers doesn't want us to proceed.

2) Someone is keeping tabs on Henslowe and/or Job.

3a) Someone (Fr. Flannigan?) discovered the Henslowe's accounts and Ian discovered that they are in a bad shape - where has the money gone? An old bed-ridden lady and a gardener, spending all that much?
3b) Did we get a satisfactory reason/answer as to how/why Job ended up in Savannah? He was convicted in California (right?) so he should be 'locked up' there (right?) So, why is he at Joy Grove?

So... if someone is keeping tabs on H and J then there is probably someone (staff member) keeping an eye out; that would mean that the Asian thugs are 'local' as the attack on our group happened soon after visiting the Sanatorium.

If it's someone close to Mrs W-R then is highly likely that the Asian thugs are not local and (perhaps) followed us down from Boston (are the timings possible?) after all an 'insider' could find out where we were staying.

It also seems that the Asian thugs (and/or whoever sent them) is unaware of our visit to the Henslowe place - if they were then they would probably be aware of our digging and deduce we 'found stuff' - it that were the case wouldn't they want whatever we found?

Anyway... these are just my ramblings and as I said probably something that Christopher would not 'think of'.

[To be honest, the attack seems 'out of place' - maybe it's just meant to impress on the players that 'things are serious'.]  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Cameron. I'm Ian." He says, nodding with his head. "Your arrival is most welcome, indeed. As Mr. Fontana and Dr. Chastain said, we were looking into incidents that happened more than a decade ago, but it seems like someone is not very happy with it. Maybe the cult didn't stop its activities after Echavarria's death?"
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

OOC:   Clarence will spend 1 point on Cop Talk, to get info on the thug.  
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

OOC:  
OOC:   My suspicions are that we were watched, they saw us find the book, and now they want it.
Who could have seen us or known that we were looking around? - I point the finger at Currthers the manservant.  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”