[IC - SAVANNAH] The Henslowe Mansion

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] The Henslowe Mansion

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Reacting as quickly as possible, Christopher back-peddles and puts grave marker between him and the aggressive pair of alligator's "Try and draw them deeper into the graveyard, use the tombs as shields ... " he says desperately, hoping that that the 'gators can be outmanoeuvred between the tombstones.[/color]
OOC:   Is the fence low enough to jump/clamber over quickly? Does it look in good enough repair to hold the 'gators off for a short while se we could dash to the house/cars?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   The fence is relatively high but doesn't look impossible to climb - you'll need an Athletics spend of 3 points to manage, though. It most certainly would stop the alligators.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

"AARRGHHH!" Ian screams as the alligator gets his leg, its teeth cutting deep in the flesh. Out of reflex, he tries to hit the beast with the shovel.
OOC,[ooc]Hit with the shovel = 3 (I don't have any pool points in Weapons, so no spend.) [url]http://orokos.com/roll/395967[/url] If I understood correctly, I manage to hit it. If this is the case, I got a 5 for damage. [url]http://orokos.com/roll/395969[/url][/ooc]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'll gladly spend 3 Athletics to climb the fence.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC,Christopher will climb the fence (3pt spend, Athletics down to 4) - once over the fence he will try and draw the 'gators towards him and away from the others - resorting to throwing stones/sticks if necessary.
TheLibrarian
Layman
Layman

Post by TheLibrarian »

OOC,I will also spend 3 points to climb the fence, Athletics down to 5. Once over Father Flanagan will keep a close eye on the gators and attempt to flee if they attack.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The group scatters around under the assault of the two animals. Holly, Christopher and Father Flanagan retreat towards the fence, climbing on the other side with some difficulty. Christopher taunts the two alligators with some thrown rocks, trying to distract them - and he manages to attract one of the two towards the fence, where it growls and bites the iron bars.
The other alligator, though, has tasted blood. And it has been hurt, badly, by Ian's desperate strike. The beast attacks again, even more ferociously, and chumps off some more flesh. The pain is terrible, possibly the worst Ian has felt in his entire life. The blood mixes with the mud on the ground.
Spoiler:
OOC:   Ian takes 7 more damage and is now Hurt. Nothing dramatic - yet - but he cannot use investigative abilities until he has recovered and the difficulty of all tests he takes go up by 1 (this includes the hit threshold of enemies).
Clarence and Ian can now act. The rest of the group is behind the fence and currently safe - no other alligators in sight.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

OOC,[ooc]Am I too hurt or too involved in the battle now to try to jump the fence?[/ooc]
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
OOC:   Ian can jump the fence, but being severely hurt as he is, it'll cost him 4 points of Athletics.

It is also possible to try and run past the alligator through the opening in the fence, but then the animal would be more likely to follow.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian gets away from the alligator, using the shovel as a crutch, dragging his hurting leg. In great pain, breathing through his gritted teeth and saliva dropping from his mouth, he move as fast as he can towards the fence. "Bloody creature... Jesus..."
OOC,[ooc]I'll make the 4 spend to jump the fence. Time to stop playing Crocodile Dundee.[/ooc]
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher rushes over and helps Ian over the fence "Dammit man, what were you thinking.." he says, before helping the wounded reporter towards the house. "Is your bag of 'tricks' handy Dr Chastain" he asks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Always," says Holly, whose medical bag is slung over her shoulder. She helps bring the injured Ian inside the house so she can work on his wounds.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

"I don't know! Probably nothing...How can anyone live together with these beasts?!?!"Ian says, in what looked more like a contained scream. Leaning on Fontana and Dr. Chastain he walks towards the house, struggling with the almost unbearable pain at each step, the embarrassment for being so clumsy quickly becoming fear, as he sees the trail of bloody footprints he is letting behind.
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Learning from his previous mistake, Clarence finds a more secure foothold, and fires the shotgun again.

Spoiler:
I spend 2 points to shoot. I hit this time
http://orokos.com/roll/397242

7 Damage to gator
http://orokos.com/roll/397243
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

The loud report of the shotgun being fired again makes Christopher jump. He half turns to see that Clarence is still 'making a stand' against the dangerous reptile. "Dammit... Clarence didn't even try to go over the fence.." he stops walking "Will you be all-right getting onto the veranda by yourselves?" he asks hurriedly "I had better go back and help.. " he barely waits for a response before heading back toward the cemetery.
OOC:   Christopher will head back and try to keep the Alligator by the fence occupied, trusting Clarence to deal with the one he's been shooting at - encouraging him to get clear at the earliest opportunity.

Shotgun... pump action or 2-barelled?

Ohh... who has the box?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

While Ian limps towards the fence, leaving behind a trail of blood, Clarence gets a better foothold and aims towards the alligator. As the beast moves, trying to chase Ian, the detective shoots again and this time his aim is flawless. The shotgun shell explodes in a cloud of tiny pellets and, from such a close distance, the effect is devastating. The left side of the alligator is practically destroyed, one leg almost neatly cut off. The animal collapses and stops moving almost immediately. While Ian gets over the fence and is helped towards the house by Holly, Clarence can get a better look at the area. There is one more alligator in the graveyard, but it's being distracted by Christopher and doesn't look like it's going to pose a threat in the next few seconds. There are no more alligators in sight. The road out of the graveyard and towards the house, or the cars, seems clear.

Holly helps a limping Ian reach the porch in front of the mansion, then opens the door. The two get inside, then Ian crashes to the ground, sweating and pale-faced. For now, they look safe.

OOC:   The box is in Holly's possession at the moment.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly sets the box down, kneels beside Ian, and opens up her medical bag. She begins to work quickly but skillfully to stop the bleeding and sew up the wounds.
OOC,Spending First Aid to treat [b]Ian[/b]. I believe he has taken a total of 10 damage, so I'll need to spend 5 First Aid to heal him. Are you tracking spends and damage? Our character sheets don't seem to have been updated.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
OOC:   Yes, I'm keeping track. I will update the sheets only for permanent changes.  
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

OOC:   Is the shotgun pump action ? If so I will tell Christopher to stand clear and I will take another shot.

Otherwise I will help Christopher, by beating the gator, with the shotgun as a stick.  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   The shotgun is a double barrel model. You have a couple of spare cartridges in your pocket, gently provided by Currothers when you borrowed the shotgun.

Consider though that Christopher is distracting the alligator from beyond the fence, and therefore he is in not directly threatened by the animali.  

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”