[IC - SAVANNAH] An Interview with Edgar Job

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] An Interview with Edgar Job

Post by Overlord87 »

"I... We never did that sort of stuff. Only the drugs... and the sex", Edgar replies curtly.

Assess Honesty,He looks nervous, he spoke too fast.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There's something you're not saying," says Holly. "Surely Echavarria at least discussed it. Perhaps it wasn't actually done, if only because the ritual was interrupted before it happened. But he must have been planning something of the sort. That's what the significance is of the number 33, which was very important to him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Edgar looks visibly distressed. "Echavarria would never do something like that... because that Thing was never there". He takes his head between his hands, shaking a little. "The Thing killed us, but the Thing was never there. So nobody died, right doc? Because the Thing was never there. And the spell kept me safe, because Echavarria cared. We were his people, after all. And the Thing was never there... never there..."

Dr. Keaton reaches Job and places an hand on his shoulder. "That's right, Edgar. People did die that night, but there was nothing supernatural about that. Only humans can be monsters in this world. You're doing great, Edgar. I'm proud of you." He turns towards you. "Please, leave. Wait for me in the entrance hall. I'll be there in a minute".
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian starts to walk towards the door. He doesn't know what think. He was never religious or superstitious, but he was really impressed by Job. Even though he was telling himself that this... Thing, this Fisher was not there, the man really saw something. Or think he did. Was it just the drugs?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course," says Holly, rising. "I hope you feel better, Mr. Job, and thank you for your help. I'll leave you in Dr. Keaton's capable hands." She steps out of the room and returns to the entrance hall.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence looked on at the madman that was Mr Jobs. The sex and drugs he could understand and believe, but the worship and appearance of a 'thing', was a tale too far for Clarence to accept. He carried on looking, listening and taking notes. Oh well, at least this made a change to to the usual drudgery. It paid well. No doubt they would find more ex druggies locked up in a mental home in Los Angeles. Then he would return home with a nice fat pay cheque.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Dr. Keaton reaches you in the entrance hall after a few minutes: "Well, that was very interestin'... and helpful, I hope. It's the first time I get to see Mr. Job interact with someone that's not a doctor... or Mr. Henslowe. I believe there might be hope for him. He's still unstable, but seems to have realized that whatever happened that night was horrible, yet perfectly human. I hope one day he'll be able to cope with it, and perhaps I'll be able to give him some years of life outside this place. After all these years, I think he might deserve it. Well then, good luck on the road, and even though I've never met her, bring my condolences to Miss Winston."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Dr. Keaton," says Holly, shaking Dr. Keaton's hand. "I hope we were able to be of some help to your patients. While I'm a doctor too, I suppose I'm a rather atypical doctor, so talking to me was still a different experience for them, and my colleagues' presence was certainly helpful. I think we accomplished some breakthroughs today."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence mentally stopped when the word 'spell' was mentioned. Its getting stranger. Nevertheless its another avenue of questioning. "Mr Job, you mentioned a spell. Can you tell us more about this spell that 'protected' you. What did it protect you from, and how do you get the spell?"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopherwalks with the others back to the entrance hall of the sanitarium, his attention split between looking out for inmates with 'murderous' intentions and re-playing the interview with Job. While it was true that he hadn't knowingly interviewed anyone classified as insane before, he did have some experiences with people that were excitable. His professional work, investigating paranormal claims in and around the Boston area had given him a certain aptitude for guaging the veracity of people that he engaged with. Despite the unusal claims made by Job the man did seem sincere in what he believed happened, there wasn't any deliberate intention to mislead that he could tell.

Christopher thanked Dr Keaton, shaking his hand and assuring the other man that his bite-wound wasn't an issue; though in truth it was quite sore and the skin around the wound was hot and throbbed with pain whenether he moved his arm too fast. In a day or two it would be fine, he was sure.

"Well, I must say that was... interesting. I cannot profess a familiarity with anyone having Job's diagnosis but I am quite sure of his veracity. At least that he believed in what he was telling us, for him those events were real; but then that is the definition of being delusional. The fact that Job and Henslowe coroborate each other, to a large extent is unusual, would you agree Dr Chastain?" he asks as they leave the building.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's not as unusual as you might think, Mr. Fontana," says Holly. "I've made an extensive study of the phenomenon of folie a deux, or shared delusions. Usually the knowledge of the delusion spreads from one person to another, as Echavarria's followers seem to have learned their delusions from listening to him. He seems to have been charismatic, and they seem to have been impressionable. Henslowe hadn't interacted with Job or the others before that fateful night, but he seems to have picked up the same delusion indirectly. After investigating Echavarria's cult, he and his friends came to believe that they really could call forth this Fisher or whatever it was. The delusion affected them in a different way, however. They were determined to put a stop to the cult's activities, even to the point where they would risk their own lives in a violent confrontation."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

"That makes sense. So this Echavarria must have been a hell of a speaker, huh?" Ian nods, trying to follow the conversation of his well educated companions. "What about this Fisher... this... Gol-Goroth? What is that? Some kind of demon, like Satan? Father Flanagan, have you ever heard this name before?"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Christopher has Occult 2 - does the name Gol-Goroth mean anything to him?  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Something about the way Ian had asked his question 'rang a bell' with Christopher, he hadn't made the link during the interview but there was something about the name of the cult leader that was dredging up half-memories.

"South America! That's it..." Christopher stops, as if his sudden outburst has surprised him. "Sorry.. Echavarria that's a surname from the 'South Americas' I made the connection when Ian said the name again. I vaguely remember reading that Gol-Goroth, I'm pretty sure that was the name of a 'god' worshipped in places like Argentina and Columbia, pre-Columbus times. I'd have to check my books to be sure but I think the rites of 'worship' would have involved human sacrifice. I can telephone my secretary once we get back to the hotel and ask her to check for me, us I mean." he says.
OOC:   Plan of action: back to the hotel - Christopher needs a new shirt, possibly jacket too, then onto the Henslowe place?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That makes sense," says Holly. "The Inca and other ancient cultures from that part of the world were known for practicing human sacrifice. Further research is a good idea."
OOC,Sounds good to me. If we have time, we can have a quick group therapy session to get back that lost Stablitiy. I can spend Psychoanlysis so that each person who lost Stablity gets back two points for each point I spend, and I've get plenty. It's not as efficient when used on myself, but [b]Father Flanagan[/b] has some Psychoanalysis too, and he can also get 2 for 1 when using it on someone else.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Spoiler:
OOC:   If you want to visit the Henslowe mansion today, there's not enough time to also do a psychoanalysis session.  
TheLibrarian
Layman
Layman

Post by TheLibrarian »

"Sounds right to me," Father Flanagan says idly, mulling over the day's events. "But how and why would a South American cult come here? This is... rather more than I was expecting to uncover."
OOC:   I'm happy to head straight to Henslowe's. Are we expecting trouble?  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Onto the Mansion today - gets my vote.

We'll probably have a long journey to LA, so can recuperate whilst in the air.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

"I understand you completely, Father..." Ian says, lighting another Lucky.
OOC:   1 more vote for Henslowe Mansion.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I agree, we should go to [b]Henslowe[/b]'s first. Recovering can wait.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”