[IC - SAVANNAH] An Interview with Edgar Job

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

TheLibrarian
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] An Interview with Edgar Job

Post by TheLibrarian »

Father Flanagan notes the names Job is listing.

"Sorry to interject, but I was wondering if the majority of the recruits in your... group... were young people? Students and the like?" He smiles at Job. "Might help us start to get a picture of what Echavarria was trying to accomplish."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Dr. Keaton," says Holly, also taking notes, "but I've heard profanity before from patients, and I can withstand it. There's no need to send him back to his room. It's best if you refrain from it, Mr. Job, but if it slips out again I won't hold it against you. Some people find that cursing has a cathartic effect, even if only a temporary one. Still, when you're in polite society, it will rub many people the wrong way. If you have to do it, it's best to do so when nobody can hear you. In any case, many Hollywood stars change their names when they begin their movie careers and adopt screen names. Their real names are often different, sometimes drastically so. Did any members of the cult besides yourself survive that night?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence listened as the others asked their questions. Occasionally he makes notes on a small pad.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"No, not only young people, and not all were students. Sure, most of them were in their twenties or thirties, but I remember a couple of old guys, around sixty I think. We saw all kinds of people at those meetings. All sort of stuff happened. Everything is funny when you are as high as we were", Edgar shrugs. "That night at the barn we were 33 if I remember correctly. Echavarria said the number was important. I think around half made it out of there alive. Not Echavarria himself, obviously. He was shot to pieces. I lost contact with the others after that night. Everybody went into hiding."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"How did you end up here?" asks Holly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"After that night at the barn, I couldn't go back to my house, so I asked some friends for help. I stayed hidden for a few weeks, then the police found me. An anonymous tip-off, they said. Anonymous my a-... ehm." Edgar casts a quick glance towards Holly, then Dr. Keaton. "I know perfectly well who sold me. Brooks. That bastard was always jealous of me. So I ended up in jail." He puffs out some smoke. "Then there was the trial. I told them what happened, but well... they didn't believe me. Of course they didn't. No sane person would have believed my tale. And that's how I ended up here, with old Henslowe. Kinda ironic, all in all."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That is unusual that you both ended up in the same institution," says Holly. "Mr. Henslowe is from Savannah, so it makes sense that he'd be sent somewhere close to home. Are you from Savannah as well, Mr. Job?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christoper nods as Dr. Chastain asks her searching question, the fact that both Henslowe and Job are in the same institution is distinctly odd, surely Job's trial would have been in Los Angeles? So how did he end up here?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Dr. Keaton intervenes: "Perhaps I should answer this question. After we started treating Henslowe, I discovered that a patient with his same psychosis, developed after the same incident, was under trial in California. I requested the possibility to treat them together, on the basis that it would be helpful from a medical point of view. The State of California agreed to Edgar being transferred here, as long as the expenses for the medical treatment would be in charge of Joy Grove."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ah, that makes sense," says Holly. "It's too bad the two of them couldn't be in the same room with each other, but it was wise to keep them separate after the one time you tried it. Mr. Job, what exactly did happen when you met Mr. Henslowe here?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"The first couple of times things went sort of... fine, I guess. I think we were sedated. I can't remember the conversations we had very well. The third time I remember. He shouted at me, calling me murderer. Scum. Said I should have died that night. I understand the forgive and forget stuff, I do, really, but I'm not too keen on being insulted by a middle-age madman with as much blood on his hands as me, if not more. So I jumped at him and punched him in the face. He punched back, and that's how it ended", Edgar shrugs.

"That's not the right attitude, Edgar. You need to work on this if you want to ever go back to the world outside", Dr. Keaton intervenes with a fatherly tone.

"Yeah, right. Sorry doc".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly looks around at her companions. "Does anyone else have anything to ask?" she inquires.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheLibrarian
Layman
Layman

Post by TheLibrarian »

Father Flanagan raises a hand, then looks sheepish and lowers in again. "You mentioned that there was a very specific number of your group there that night, Mr. Job. Do you know why that was? Or what became of any... surplus members of your group, who may not have been there?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Edgar starts speaking enthusiastically: "That night Echavarria casted a spell, for the summoning. It was a magic rit-"

"Edgar, let's try to keep it real, ok?"

"Yes, well, he said he was casting a spell. On me. On us. The number was important. I don't know this kind of stuff very well. Echavarria was the occult expert. Savitree, too. I can't tell you much. He cast that spell on me before that thing... the Fisher or whatever, showed up. I don't know what that spell was supposed to do, but I'm still alive, and that's something, right?" Edgar puts out the cigarette on the ashtray. "I don't know what happened to the rest of the cult. Most people were just there for the sex and the drugs, and you could easily find both of them in Los Angeles, if you knew where to search. I guess they just searched elsewhere". He shrugs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The number was 33," says Holly. "Its prime factors are three and eleven. It must have some occult significance, but I wouldn't know about it."
OOC,This sounds like Occult skill would be useful here. I know the significance of the number, but my character doesn't have Occult skill.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

OOC:   Christopher has Occult:2  
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher quickly writes a few lines and tears the page out of his notebook and passes it to Dr Chastain.
Note,[font=Comic Sans MS]The number may be important. In occult terms 33 is believed to represent or have property for 'change brought about by sacrifice'. Usually symbolic in some kind of ritual. The 'cult' leaders had a specific goal in mind.[/font]
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence asks Job, " Mr Job, if we were to search out the remaining people from that night. Could you point us to a meeting place or an organization? "
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Well, we used to meet at Echavarria's place. He was rich, like, really rich. Had one of those huge houses, the kind of house people dream of. But it was more than ten years ago, I don't know what happened to it after he died. The address was... what the hell was it? Some boulevard. Large, with palms. Can't remember more", Edgar shrugs. "I have no idea where the others might be after all these years. I can tell you the farm where we held the ritual was called Blue Flowers, but I don't know if it even exists anymore".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Holly reads the note and nods, then passes it along to Father Flanagan. "Mr. Job, do you know if Echavarria intended to make some sort of offering or sacrifice as part of his ritual?" she asks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”