[IC - SAVANNAH] Reunion at Joy Grove

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

[IC - SAVANNAH] Reunion at Joy Grove

Post by Overlord87 »

Clarence, Christopher and Ian reach Joy Grove around 11 a.m. As they enter, they are greeted by the nurse at the front desk, eyeing them with appreciation (Clarence in particular): "Good mornin'. How can I help y'all?"
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Reunion at Joy Grove

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Good morning to you!" Christopher says smiling "We are here to meet two of our friends, they had an appointment with Dr. Keaton and were arranging to see a patient ... our friends are Father Flanagan and Dr. Chastain."
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence tips his head to the nurse, smiles, and winks once to her, "Good Morning!", he said.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian takes off his hat and smile "Good morning, Miss."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"Oh, I see. Yes, they've beh-en inside for one hou-a, mo-ua or less. Visitin' old Henslowe. Very kind of them. Mr. Henslowe dudden get visits from outside, you see. Well, do y'all want me to call'em for y'all?", she says smiling.
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

"Oh, there's really no need. We don't want to interrupt them. We're quite happy to wait for our friends to return.", said Clarence.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"All ra-ait. It might take a while though, Dr. Keaton will probably want to show'em around, and once he starts tawkin' about this place, he never stops", she says with an irreverent smile.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Ahh, I see, perhaps in that case we could accompany them on the tour?" Christopher asks, not wanting to have to wait around in the reception area.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

"I don't know wheeyur they're rah-ait now. They went in at least one houwa ago. Let me see if I can...", the nurse says, but then Holly and Father Flanagan emerge from a corridor into the room. Father Flanagan looks a little pale, but his pace is steady as usual. "Oh, heeyur they're!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, hello, gentlemen," says Holly with a smile. "We've just finished talking to Mr. Henslowe. We found out some very interesting things and got a note to present at his mother's house, which is where we'll find his notebook. He didn't know anything about a code in the letters, and he wasn't sure what Mr. Winston was trying to do with them. There's another patient we'll need to speak to before we leave, however: a Mr. Edgar Job, another survivor of the terrible events of August 1924. Apparently he was on the other side. It happened near Los Angeles, and we got some details about it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher smiles and greets Dr. Chastain and Fr. Flanagan as they return to the reception area and listens as Dr. Chastain relays a summary of their visit to Henslowe.

"Ahh yes.. the notebook, hopefully that will aid our investigation considerably. We had rather a fruitful morning too, we learned enough to confirm that the 'event' happened in Los Angeles .. at a farm.. eighteen people killed ... " Christopher goes on to explain in hushed tones. "I say Father, you look a little but under the weather, are you coming down with a bug?" he asks, trying to move on from having to divulge the more 'salacious' elements of what they had discovered.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Ian also greets their two companions with a nod. "Edward Job, uh? And he's here as well?"He says with a surprise. "We have another name of a member of this... club, and this one will blow your wig: Olivia Clarendon, the actress." Ian can't help feeling a certain degree of satisfaction.
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence smiles and nods to Dr. Chastain and Fr. Flanagan.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's not as much of a surprise to me as you might think," says Holly, taking the news in stride. "Hollywood looks beautiful and glamorous on the outside, but it has a dark underbelly. What we see is largely an illusion, which is Hollywood's strong suit. The truth is probably uglier than I can imagine, and I've heard some nasty things about what really goes on behind the scenes. If even one tenth of what's in the gossip rags is true, that's bad enough. That's not even getting into what I know from patients who have been part of that world. Movies are like sausages: you're better off not knowing how they're made. And, yes, the man's name is Edgar Job, and he's a patient here too. They keep him and Mr. Henslowe separated. It got awful the one time they put them together in the same room. I'm glad you got here before I went in to see him. I'll be sure to ask him about Miss Clarendon."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheLibrarian
Layman
Layman

Post by TheLibrarian »

Father Flanagan smiles and nods at Fontana. "I'll be fine, thank you. This place just got to me. I just need some time to compose myself."
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

Christopher nods, "Of course... still if you would rather not participate in the next 'interview' then I would be happy to take your place." he offers.
TheLibrarian
Layman
Layman

Post by TheLibrarian »

"That may not be a terrible idea," Father Flanagan agrees. "I definitely need some air, and we don't need this many people in one interview. Chances are we will only frighten the man."
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin

Post by carnage_lee »

Christopher Fontana

"Well, if you're sure then I'd be delighted to deputise for you." Christopher says amiably.
TheLibrarian
Layman
Layman

Post by TheLibrarian »

Father Flanagan takes a second and composes himself. "Then again, my curiosity has been peaked... perhaps I will sit in." Flanagan runs a hand through his hair. "Apologies for the flip-flopping, it has been that kind of day."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Not feeling very enthusiastic about the idea of waiting in the lobby, Ian enters the conversation. "Maybe we should all go in there. If it is OK for the doctors, I mean." He says, turning to Holly.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”