OOC Chat

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Overlord87 »

Percy Shipton wrote:Thank you for the welcome!

I'll read up.

Clarence is fine with me.
Ok, then take a look at the character sheet. If you feel you want to move around a few points, it's ok by me (also, since it's the end of a chapter, you'll get a few points to spend anyway).
Percy Shipton
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by Percy Shipton »

The points are fine, but I do have some questions.

Is there a way to change the image on Clarence's character sheet? It might seem off, but I prefer an image that is more in line with the time period.

I noticed that Clarence has "photography". Does this mean he has a camera?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Percy Shipton wrote:The points are fine, but I do have some questions.

Is there a way to change the image on Clarence's character sheet? It might seem off, but I prefer an image that is more in line with the time period.

I noticed that Clarence has "photography". Does this mean he has a camera?
Ok, I think there's no problem. I'll change the picture, for now you can use the new one.

Clarence can have a camera if you want. The ability means that he knows how to use one.
Percy Shipton
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by Percy Shipton »

are we in a car? I'm not sue how to start in "the farm" thread. Are we still at the farm or did I miss something?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Percy Shipton wrote:are we in a car? I'm not sue how to start in "the farm" thread. Are we still at the farm or did I miss something?
The investigators decided to check the land records, so you're back in LA right now. The group is currently deciding for the next move, which might be heading to New Mexico, following a few clues leading there, or doing some more investigation in LA.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

So, everyone:
- you get 1 point to spend on your Investigative abilities (including selecting a new one, providing it makes sense for your investigator to have gained it)
- you get 2 points to spend on General abilities (again, you can select a new one)

Those of you that need it (namely, Holly and Ian) recover half their Stability lost during this scenario, rounded down. It could be a nice touch, if you want, to write a letter to a source of stability of your choice, reflecting your investigator's thoughts and feelings on this tiring investigation and the toll it's having on you.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Could one (or more) of us pick up a point in Languages and learn Spanish? If so, I'd like to do that, as I have several Interpersonal skills that would be more useful that way. Otherwise, I'd like to pick up Archaeology.

For my General abilities, I'd like to put the 2 points into Scuffling as I learn the basics of self-defense.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Mr. Handy wrote:Could one (or more) of us pick up a point in Languages and learn Spanish? If so, I'd like to do that, as I have several Interpersonal skills that would be more useful that way. Otherwise, I'd like to pick up Archaeology.

For my General abilities, I'd like to put the 2 points into Scuffling as I learn the basics of self-defense.
Well, you did not have enough time to learn a language, and no one to learn from. Given more time along the campaign, sure, but not right now.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Okay, I'll take Archaeology instead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Sorry for the wait, it's been a busy week. I'll check on leonardolad to see if he's still with us.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

I'm still here! Sorry, fellas, family emergency, but it's probably OK now. I'll post tomorrow :)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

leonardolad wrote:I'm still here! Sorry, fellas, family emergency, but it's probably OK now. I'll post tomorrow :)
Welcome back ! ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Will Percy be joining us? Our thread is picking up pace!
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

HoneyDog wrote:Will Percy be joining us? Our thread is picking up pace!
I'm afraid we might have lost him. Poor Clarence must be cursed. Perhaps he dug out some ancient idol during a journey to Egypt. Anyway, I'll NPC him for now, and wait a couple of weeks, before taking a final decision.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Overlord87 wrote:So, everyone:
- you get 1 point to spend on your Investigative abilities (including selecting a new one, providing it makes sense for your investigator to have gained it)
- you get 2 points to spend on General abilities (again, you can select a new one)

Those of you that need it (namely, Holly and Ian) recover half their Stability lost during this scenario, rounded down. It could be a nice touch, if you want, to write a letter to a source of stability of your choice, reflecting your investigator's thoughts and feelings on this tiring investigation and the toll it's having on you.
Quoting myself. Everyone please tell me how you will improve your investigator :D
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Cameron will spend 1 point on Assessing Honesty, and 2 points on Stealth, if that's okay.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by carnage_lee »

I'll be away (in Mexico) from 27th Oct to 12th Nov.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

carnage_lee wrote:I'll be away (in Mexico) from 27th Oct to 12th Nov.
Be on the lookout for cult activities :D
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Overlord87 wrote:

Quoting myself. Everyone please tell me how you will improve your investigator :D
If it makes sense, I would like to have 1 point in Locksmith and 2 points in Weapons.

Here's the letter to my Source of Stability:

To Sophie O'Rourke:

Los Angeles, March ____, 1937.

Sophie,

I hope this letter finds you well. The last time we spoke you were still shaken by the Texas incident. I hope you feel better now. I know it is not an usual thing for me to write you, but I want you to know that I'm alright. I'm in L.A. right now, ready to go elsewhere. For now you just have to know that I am fine, and into something really big. Something dark lurks within our society. Something I came to believe goes way beyond corrupt politicians and violent mobsters. I will tell you everything when I get back to Boston.

Looking forward to meet you again,
Ian
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

leonardolad wrote:
Overlord87 wrote:

If it makes sense, I would like to have 1 point in Locksmith and 2 points in Weapons.

Here's the letter to my Source of Stability:

To Sophie O'Rourke:

Los Angeles, March ____, 1937.

Sophie,

I hope this letter finds you well. The last time we spoke you were still shaken by the Texas incident. I hope you feel better now. I know it is not an usual thing for me to write you, but I want you to know that I'm alright. I'm in L.A. right now, ready to go elsewhere. For now you just have to know that I am fine, and into something really big. Something dark lurks within our society. Something I came to believe goes way beyond corrupt politicians and violent mobsters. I will tell you everything when I get back to Boston.

Looking forward to meet you again,
Ian
Ok, just to check, you mean Weapons (knives, clubs, etc.) and not Firearms right?

Got you a little bonus in Stability recovery for the letter ;)

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”