OOC Chat

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by leonardolad »

Overlord87 wrote:One more thing if you use orokos: for any roll (only General abilities are rolled) in which you boost the test with points from your pool, remember to insert the number of points in the roll (like 1d6+1, 1d6+2, etc.) and specify the kind of roll you're making (at least the ability being used, Stability, Mechanical Repair, Firearms, etc.). In case we need to check something, we would have all the rolls and all the points spent.
OK!

Since we're here, can we make OOC suggestions in scenes our PCs are not present?
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Wooooe..check out that wall!
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

leonardolad wrote: Since we're here, can we make OOC suggestions in scenes our PCs are not present?
Well, sometimes it happens in live sessions that players intervene with suggestions or advices when they're not present on scene, but I'd rather not allow it. Feel free to read and even comment on what's happening (like, here in the OCC thread), but I'd say no suggestions/advices.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Overlord87 wrote:Well, sometimes it happens in live sessions that players intervene with suggestions or advices when they're not present on scene, but I'd rather not allow it. Feel free to read and even comment on what's happening (like, here in the OCC thread), but I'd say no suggestions/advices.
OK, it looks like the most plausible option :)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

For the team at the newspaper office: you can start closing up the scene there. Let me know if you want to make some additional research, otherwise I can have you reach Joy Grove more or less when the interview with Douglas is finishing.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

I think we should finish our research and meet the others. laitang and carnage_lee?
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

leonardolad wrote:I think we should finish our research and meet the others. laitang and carnage_lee?

Agree!
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Agreed - we discovered a lot of information there :) - so let's move on.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

My schedule will be a little busy for the next couple of weeks. I'll try to check the forum daily, but I might miss a day or two if things get too hectic.

For carnage_lee, laitang and leonardolad, when you're ready you can move to the "Reunion at Joy Grove" post (I thought you were ready so I opened the new one, but if you feel that you still need to "close" the other topic, feel free to do so). Mr. Handy and TheLibrarian will join when we finish the interview, so you can assess the current situation and your discoveries, then decide how to proceed.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

So, carnage_lee and Mr.handy will proceed with the interview with Edgar Job. What about the others? I'd rather not have them just wait, but I'll leave that to you. Discuss as much as you need, then let me know when you're ready to move on.
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence is happy to wait.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

I'm loathe to split the party in online games, causes no end of issues. I know I suggested it previously but I think we covered that ok - if it's all the same to everyone I think we ought to 'suspend disbelief' and just go ahead with all the investigators in on the interview - keep everyone with something to do/contribute.

I know it's not 'realistic' to continue like this but for the 'sake of the game' I think we ought to.

Lee
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

I agree. We can give up on realism for gameplay's sake. Another option is for some of us to take Henslowe letter and go talk to his mother, assuming that Holly and Fr. Flanagan shared all they got from him in this quick encounter at the lobby. Still, I do prefer carnage_lee's idea.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

I'm fine with all of you participating in the interview. Leonardolad's idea is also good, if you prefer (Clarence, Ian and Father Flanagan going to the Henslowe mansion with Douglas' letter).
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

Clarence is very easy going on this matter. You decide.
TheLibrarian
Layman
Layman

Post by TheLibrarian »

I think at this point we shouldn't split the party. Let's all do the interview together.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

It's settled then. Also, if Overlord87 is kinda busy at the moment, it's probably a good idea to keep things simple with one single group.
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

I will be away from tomorrow 9th till 16th Feb.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Ian will take the lead in trying to physically remove the madman from Christopher, since he has the highest Scuffling rating. The others (including Christopher himself) can help. Each of you should send me a roll for the Scuffling ability (remember that you can use points from the Scuffling pool to boost the roll). If you don't have the Scuffling ability, just send me an unmodified roll.

That said, we have to wait for laitang, so there's no need to hurry. Perhaps we can move on until the end of the fight and stop there until he returns.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Am I supposed to roll too? Can I try to inject him this round, or does it take me a round to prepare the sedative?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”