OOC Chat

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Overlord87 »

When you're ready, wrap up your personal investigations, in the weekend I'll move the campaign ahead to Savannah ;)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Let me know if you have troubles following the game during the Christmas period. I'll keep following the IC topic and if you keep posting I'll move ahead the story with the usual pace.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Tomorrow and the 26th might be awkward, have guests both days.

Hope everyone gets awesome presents! Happy Christmas one and all!
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

I didn't plan on posting on the 25th anyway. This part is a bit slow cause the players are required to make some trivial choices (how do we move around? where do we stay?) that in a live session would require one minute, here a few days can pass as all players read and interact. I'll currently take carnage_lee's post as your plan of action, and unless there are alternative proposals I'll move things along on the 26th or 27th.

Merry Christmas everyone ;)
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by leonardolad »

Hey everybody, these days will be difficult for me, since i'm currently at my parent's. I'll be back the 28th. For now, carnage_lee's plan seems good to me.

Merry Christmas guys!
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

I'm still around.

Happy Holidays!
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Hey guys, just to let you know that I'm back. We shouldn't have any other interruptions from my side.
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Overlord87 wrote:
OOC:   Ok, I'm not even mothertongue English, but I'm a sucker for languages and dialects. I've studied southern american accent on youtube videos to replicate it, hope it has worked out well (and I'm not just being ridicolous). If I'm being ridicolous, tell me and I'll avoid in the future. If it's working decently, I'll keep it :D .  
It worked for me! It was a good stab at re-creating a southern accent.

Having said that, it may not be the case for others - especially non-native English speakers - I'd check in with leonardolad, to make sure he 'got it'.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

No problem for me! I'm not the best person to say if it went well or not, though.
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by laitang »

I'm ok with the accent.
TheLibrarian
Layman
Layman

Post by TheLibrarian »

Love the written accent, really helps me get a sense of what a character is like, and to differentiate them from each other.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Great, thank you :D
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I like accents too. I was able to understand what the character was saying just fine. There was an attempt once in Shadows Over Scotland on this site to replicate Scottish accents, but that one hadn't turned out so well. I hadn't had a problem with it, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

So, since you have two cars, Holly and Father Flanagan will go the Sanitarium, while Ian, Fontana and Clarence will perform other investigations regarding the Henslowe family and whatever else might come up. I'll open the two topics soon. The part at the Joy Grove is probably longer, but I'll try to keep you other three busy in some way.

For now, let me wish you all a happy new year :D
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Aaaaaand it's on! :o

Talking about stability tests, can any of you guys recommend a website with a dice roller? I remember Overlord87 mentioned one earlier, but I couldn't really manage to create an account, can't remember why.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

leonardolad wrote:Aaaaaand it's on! :o

Talking about stability tests, can any of you guys recommend a website with a dice roller? I remember Overlord87 mentioned one earlier, but I couldn't really manage to create an account, can't remember why.
Yes, we're getting started... slowly at first, but we're getting started :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I suggested this one: http://orokos.com/roll/

I searched online, I think you can use this as well: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm and copy/paste the roll.

I don't think any of you is gonna cheat, anyway, so in case just roll the D6 in real life and send me the result. I mean, going crazy is usually the funny part, right? :D
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Orokos is my preferred choice because it keeps a log of player's rolls, in case we need to recheck something (you can insert the reason for each roll and it will store the result). If you can, use that. If you can't, don't worry, anything is fine.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

It worked now. I'm ready for some sanity checks! :D
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

leonardolad wrote:It worked now. I'm ready for some sanity checks! :D
Great ;)
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

One more thing if you use orokos: for any roll (only General abilities are rolled) in which you boost the test with points from your pool, remember to insert the number of points in the roll (like 1d6+1, 1d6+2, etc.) and specify the kind of roll you're making (at least the ability being used, Stability, Mechanical Repair, Firearms, etc.). In case we need to check something, we would have all the rolls and all the points spent.

Return to “Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)”