[IC - LA] The Farm

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:47 am

Image

"Yes, let's go," says Holly.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:53 am

Christopher Fontana

Sitting back in his seat on the ride back to their hotel, Christopher ponders the situation ... "So, what now? Collect our stuff and head back to Boston?" he asks.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:13 am

Image

"We should talk to Thomas Robinson first," says Holly. "We need to find out who sold him the farm. We could search the ruins while we're here, but we may be subject to more animal attacks."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Overlord87 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:11 am

OOC:   So, it's back to LA to speak with Robinson?  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:13 am

OOC:   It ought to be public record who owns this land now... we ought to check that first - we know that Echevaria or the cult owned the farm it's possible that it's still owned by someone involved with the cult.

I suspect that Trammel owns the land anyway.  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby HoneyDog » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:13 pm

OOC:   I don't think that this is particularly important. The trail leads to Mexico - that's where the drug is. I say go down to Mexico City.  
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:37 am

Spoiler:
I think we should speak to Robinson and check the land records first before we leave for Mexico City. It shouldn't take much time, and it may yield useful information.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Overlord87 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Simply checking the land records is a relatively quick business. The property was first sold in 1924, a few weeks after Echavarria's death. After that, it has changed ownership rather frequently, seven times in total over the last twelve years. On four occasions, building plans involving the area were presented and approved, sometimes to rebuild the farm, in other cases for residential purposes. None of these projects was concluded - in fact, construction works were barely started before abruptly ending. The last of these plans was submitted by Red Rock about 9 months ago, and approved 3 months ago. The plan involves the land that was once part of Echavarria's farm, plus half a dozen similar parcels of land surrounding it. The plan foresees a relatively large residential district in the area.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:15 am

Image

"Should we still go see Mr. Robinson now?" asks Holly. "He might not be able to tell us anything we don't already know."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby HoneyDog » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:07 am

Cameron

"That's what I think. And the longer we hang around here, the sooner Trammel's goons will catch up with us. Let's get to Mexico City."
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby leonardolad » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Ian Morin

"Ok, but we'll just let Trammel be? Shouldn't we at least report him to the authorities?"
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 pm

Image

"We're not going to just let him get away with it," says Holly, "but we're not prepared to take him on directly yet. We could report him to the police, but we don't have the evidence we need to convince them, and Trammel has at least one cop on his payroll. That's how he was alerted to our presence in Los Angeles in the first place."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:00 am

Cameron

"The Doctor's right. We"ve nothing that would stick. We'll find something more concrete if we can find the place where he produces the drug."
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Overlord87 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:22 pm

OOC:   So, I'll wait a couple more days if something new comes out; if not, I'll open the topic for Mexico City during the weekend.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:49 am

Christopher Fontana

"I agree that we need to get out of LA as quickly as possible, we've stood on too many toes and it's only a matter of time before we're accosted by someone like Pizner or those damn thugs from Savannah. I don't think we can head onto another location without informing Mrs Winston-Rogers though; I guess we al have a personal stake in this now... but we're spending her money..."
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby HoneyDog » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:59 am

Cameron shrugs.

"Let's call her and update her then."
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Percy Shipton » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Image


Clarence has been quiet for some time. He adjusted his hat and looked unto his colleagues:

"Mexico City, it is."
User avatar
Percy Shipton
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:42 am

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:47 am

Image

Holly nods. "Let's place the call and go, while we still can," she says.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Overlord87 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:59 pm

You reach the airport and get the preparations going to depart on the airplane as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you send through a call to Boston, and after a wait of a few minutes, manage to speak with Mrs. Winston-Rogers. She listens in silence as you tell the story of your investigation in Los Angeles, then says: "I understand. It seems that my fears have turned into reality. A reality perhaps worse than I imagined. Still, this organization... this cult... must be destroyed. My father's memory demands it. If you feel that the drug is coming from Mexico City, then I encourage you to pursue the investigation there, if you feel up to the task. These people must be stopped, and if we can find proof of their criminal activities, perhaps we can unleash the authorities on them. In any case, I'll be waiting for another report soon. If you need more money or any kind of support, consider that you can count on the full power of my personal resources".
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - LA] The Farm

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:22 am

Image

"Thank you," says Holly. "We'll let you know once we reach Mexico City and get settled in, and if we need more money wired to us, we'll ask for it then. For now we'll just need enough to cover our expenses, and the dollar is king in Mexico from what I hear. I'm hoping we can find evidence there, and if we can shut down their production, that will hurt them financially and stop this drug from spreading until they can find a new source. One thing we'll probably need is a translator. None of us speak Spanish, and we needed to hire someone off the street to translate something for us here in L.A. If you can get a local guide for us who can be trusted, that would be a big help."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29333
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest