Page 1 of 1

Strange Remnants

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 am
by Tabs

Prelude

". . . So in love with you, My love, Am I," sings the "The Smoky Velvet," the final word a seemingly infinite decrescendo. And the spotlights are cut, the club erupts with applause and appreciative whistles, while she stands before the mic with her eyelids gently shut and with a happy smile upon her lips.

The Malay waiter touches her arm. "Miss Lambeau, someone wishes to talk to you. The gentleman said he has a message from your grandmother."

Marie Lambeau sits herself at the messenger's table. He is the most pasty-faced man she has ever met. He is scribbling away on some kind of contract, using his own blood as ink! and the well--a bleeding forearm.

She removes her paste tiara and drops it upon the table. "You have a scratch, sir?" she says nonchalantly, feeling anything but. "You wanted a word?"

"Your grandmother," he lisps, "wants you to sign this pact."

"Grand-mère has been dead this past year."

"Nevertheless . . ." he insists. Something in his objectionable manner convinces Marie that he is speaking the truth and that she should do as he asks, also, she feels that the pact is somehow connected with the coming eclipse which astronomers had predicted. Marie snatches his pen, jabs its nib into his forearm, and signs her name with a flourish.

Marie's chair is barged into. A Sister of Indolence, one of the peculiar local missionary sects, looks down upon her.

"Bless you," says the nun.

Image Image

Turn 1, Action Phase, space 20

Cast Voice of Ra for 1 extra Action, lose 1 Health (Sanity loss negated due to her passive ability).
Extra Action: Gain Focus.
Action 1: Travel to space 17.
Action 2: Travel (Component Action) to The Himalayas.

The nun apologises. "Not all who walk the Earth wish to see humanity survive the eclipse," she says cryptically.

"Sister?" questions Marie, hanging on the word "eclipse."

"Travel north, through India and Nepal to The Himalayas. Maybe you will find help there."

"But I catch the ferry to Bali in the morning; I sing on Tuesday night."

"Go north," is the unequivocal reply.

Re: Strange Remnants

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy

Prelude
Tony Morgan looks up at the fleabag hotel in Bogota, Colombia where he has traced his man. Jimmy O'Bannion had fled from Arkham, wanted for the murder of a member of the Sheldon Gang in one of their eternal wars with the O'Bannion outfit. If his information is correct, his target is staying in Room 203. It's unlikely to be anyone else. There can't be too many ugly Americans staying in this dump. Any of his countrymen who came here would be living like kings - unless they were trying to hide.

Tony strides through the lobby as if he belongs here and up the rickety staircase that creaks with every step. He soon finds the door to Room 203 and raps on it.

"Yeah, who is it?" snarls a voice in English.

"Room service," says Tony in his best imitation of a Colombian accent.

A scar-faced, balding man with beady little eyes opens the door from within. He looks just like the mugshot Tony has. "I didn't order any-" he starts.

He doesn't get a chance to finish, as Tony sucker punches him and lays him out. "Yeah, you did," he says, whipping out his handcuffs and securing Jimmy's arms tightly behind his back. "One knuckle sandwich, delivered straight to your kisser. James O'Bannion, you're wanted for the murder of Archie Sheldon, and I'm taking you back to face justice. You are bound by law."

"You can't do this!" protests Jimmy. "Colombia doesn't have any extradition treaty with America! I looked it up before I came here!"

Tony snorts. "I'm a bounty hunter, not a cop." He hauls his captive to his feet.

"But Archie started it! He was trying to kill me!"

"Save it for the judge." Tony muscles Jimmy out into the hall.

"You're making a big mistake! I...I can help you! My family will reward you handsomely if you let me go. You can make a lot more scratch working for them than you'll get for my bounty!"

"Stuff it, you little rat!" Tony takes out his handkerchief and gags the man with it, then drags him downstairs. The clerk hadn't reacted when he entered, but now he comes out from behind his desk. Tony pulls out his wallet and flashes his driver's license, too quick for the clerk to read even if he does understand English. "Policia," he says simply. Jimmy's muffled words are stopped by his gag, and the clerk goes back to the dirty magazine he had been perusing. Tony drags Jimmy outside and heads to the nearby docks to book passage back to Arkham.

Turn 1 Action Phase
After a long but uneventful sea voyage, Tony arrives in Arkham, where he turns Jimmy O'Bannion in to the authorities and collects the bounty. Now flush with cash, Tony heads to Miskatonic University to look up his old friend, astronomer Norman Withers. A letter that had been waiting for him upon his return said that he wanted to see him urgently, something about cosmic alignments and the stars coming right.
OOC,Action 1: Prepare for Travel (Ship Ticket gained). Action 2: Travel: 7->8->Arkham [Ship Ticket]. I'm getting a Jack Walsh from Midnight Run vibe from this character! :)

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:49 am
by Quatermass

Prelude:

Arkham, Mass.

Norman Withers stared at the mound of papers, diagrams, and pictures on his desk. A sense of anticipation and of dread welled up inside him. All the signs where there. But he had to be sure. He called out to his secretary. "Mable, I need you to cancel all my lectures for the next month and I need you to book passage on the first ship to London." Mable was about to ask why but then though better of if. She had seen him like this before. There was no use in asking why or trying to talk him out of something when he had that look in his eyes. She was about to go when she turned around. "What about Mr. Morgan. He telephoned and was to arrive within the hour. Do you want me to send him away?" Withers paused with a glint in his eye. "Morgan...Morgan....No! I will see him. Send him right in when he arrives." He begin to gather his papers and hoped that Tony Morgan would believe. He needed all the help he could get. The world needed all the help it could get.

Turn 1 Action Phase:

1) Gain a Focus.
2) Cast Feed the Mind - Lore 3 -1 [dice]0[/dice]

Success on Feed the Mind. Tony can increase a skill of his choice!!! Though I also lose one Sanity.
:D

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Thank you! I'll increase Influence, of course! :D But how do I lose a Sanity point? I didn't see that anywhere on the Spell card. So you're not going to London this turn after all? Well, unless [b]Charlie[/b] gives you one of his Actions, but then he'll either have to not Travel or not Acquire Assets. It probably makes sense for him not to Acquire Assets this turn. That way he can still have a Research Encounter and you can still go to London and have an Encounter there. I already got my first increase, so it's not as urgent that I get the second one so soon.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:34 am
by Tabs
ooc,Excellent stuff!--there's a lot I want to comment on, I'll edit this post later on. One thing for now, I presume the Sanity loss is from the flip side of the Spell? However, we'll all use the cards I've drawn (they're downstairs at the moment), so I'll flip that one and post the consequences. Jack Walsh--The Dumbest Bounty Hunter. [youtube]HUmelrncGRc[/youtube] [quote] "Morgan...Morgan....[/quote] Norman also has a vibe, the scatterbrained academic type, focused on planets and stars, but little else? @DSIGFUSS, options, options! a) Aquire Assets and Travel, b) Travel and Component Action [1 additional action for Norman Withers], or some other combination. Now, I reckon that Charlie should Aquire Assets [gain Urban Guide] and gain a Focus [+1 Focus because of his Righteous Condition]. Your shout, DSIGFUSS. :)
Image--1 Sanity loss for Norman Withers.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:01 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Charlie Kane sits in the backseat of his black 1936 Cadillac Series 70 and puffs on a fat cigar. He adjusts his back slightly and winces. Between the Irish hookers, the Gin and all and this save the world from the forces of impending darkness, Charlie was dead tired. He unrolls the window and looks up the street and smiles as a shapely woman in a very conservative wool skirt and overcoat walks purposefully down the sidewalk towards his door. She opens it and slides into the backseat next to Councilman Kane.

Morning Phyllis! Did you get the mix?

That’s Miss Ashcroft Mr. Kane. You know how much I hate it when you call me Phyllis.

Charlie’s hand slowly slides towards Miss Ashcroft’s exposed knee but quickly pulls back. It was instinct for Charlie to womanize and carry on but Phyllis was important to him. She made things happen and Charlie had no idea how she did it.

Do you know how difficult it is to find Tom Collins mix at 6 in the morning Mr. Governor? I almost had to throw a rock through a storefront window.

Phyllis passes Charlie a brown envelope and Mr. Kane takes it greedily. In the envelope is a bottle of premixed Tom Collins and a dossier on a man named Wilber Zimmerman. He reads the file aloud.

Wilbur Zimmerman … PhD in Social Behavior and background in Educational Theatre. Really Phyllis… another Jew?

He’s good at what he does sir.

Charlie eyes Phyllis for a short moment and continues.

Have Mr. Zimmerman meet a colleague of mine in Arkham. A Mr. Tony Morgan… He’s a little rough around the edges and could do with a little social theatrical instruction if you catch my meaning.

Again Charlie’s hand moves towards his assistant’s knee but he draws it back. Charlie is fairly certain Phyllis caught it this time but he busies himself with pouring his first drink of the morning.

Phyllis ignores Charlie's advance and quickly exits the car.

Charlie sighs and then motions to his driver. A young man, nearly a boy, named Oliver Spratt.

Take me out of this damn town Oliver. My constituents can’t see me like this… and take the bridge… I’d like to see Goldie one last time before fire and brimstone swallow up the lot of us.
Spoiler:
Action 1: Acquire Assets - rolled 1/4/4/3/6 - Acquires Specialized Training and sends it to Tony Morgan at Arkham.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4853245/

Reroll the 1 – rolled 5

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4853246/

Rolled a total of 2 successes.

Action 2: Travel to Space 2 - collect the clue.

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:13 am
by Tabs

Turn 1, Encounter Phase, The Himalayas

Marie Lambeau draws the fur-lined hood of her parka a little tighter around her face; the deadly snowstorm is whirling furiously. "A cave, thank God!" she says, stumbling across a shelter, and ducks into it.

Inside, tunnels twist and turn in the dark, making it almost impossible to navigate.

Observation 2 + Blessed [dice]0[/dice]

She discovers a cavern, it has peculiar mauve-tinted ice and is filled with scientific paraphernalia; Marie can't even begin to guess at their purpose. A glass cylinder contains some kind of rabbity mush.

"Help me! Help me!" croaks the glass cylinder.

Will 2 + Blessed [dice]1[/dice]

"Whoa!" exclaims Marie, taking a step backwards.

"Smash me," it implores, "trample my brain into the rock. Crush me. End my misery." And as a disbelieving Marie looks back over her shoulder, as if to find a practical joker watching on, it whispers, "I know where the mi-go store their equipment . . . do as I ask and I'll tell you where those abominable snowmen hide their incredible things."

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:04 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 1 Encounter Phase
Tony Morgan doesn't know what to make of all of Norman's end of the world talk. He doesn't understand how an astronomical alignment could cause such a thing, but he knows Norman is a lot smarter than him. If he says the threat is real, Tony is prepared to take him at his word - and unwilling to bet the fate of the world on him being wrong. Norman had told him about the Silver Twilight Lodge, a secret society headquartered in Arkham that has a lot of knowledge of the occult and arcane, so he goes to see what he can learn there.

The lodge house is tall, imposing, and spooky - especially at night. The butler is a big hulking brute, easily capable of turning Tony into a pretzel if he should so choose. However, once Tony mentions that Norman WIthers sent him, he is ushered inside and asked to wait in the foyer. Before long, a tall man with slicked-back silver hair strides into the room. "Good evening, Mr. Morgan," he says, a vaguely sinister tone to his voice. "I am Carl Sanford, the master of the Silver Twilight Lodge. If you wish to join us and learn our secrets, I must first test you to see if you are worthy."

"All right," says Tony. "I'm ready. Give me your best shot."

"What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?"

"That one's easy: a man! In the morning, he's a baby and crawls around on all fours. Then he walks upright most of his life, and when he gets old he needs a cane - like yours! Nice one, by the way." Tony looks at Sanford's cane, which has a silver horsehead handle. He can also tell that it's removable, a sure sign of a sword cane.

"Ah, so you are familiar with the Riddle of the Sphinx. Very good. But can you answer the next one? Round I am from base to brim, a golden treasure lies within. There are no doors to this stronghold, yet thieves break in and steal the gold. What am I?"

Tony thinks for a moment. "An egg!"

"Excellent. Now for the hardest one: what have I got in my pocket?"

"Um...a ring?" Tony guesses.

"Correct again," Sanford reaches into his pocket and pulls out a shiny gold ring that looks very precious. "Your psychic potential is promising. Yes, I shall instruct you in the mystic arts. Just open your mind and let me in."

"Sure. What could it possibly hurt?"
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4854654/]Lore check (2 + 1[Encounter] = 3 dice) answering the Silver Twilight Lodge's riddles (3d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. Success! One Spell gained (not necessarily an Incantation, but any Spell).

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:33 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 1 Encounter Phase, Arkham

After leaving Tony Morgan, Norman walked down to his apartment a few blocks away. It was raining and he bundled up the many books and papers he carried to protect them. As he passed a alleyway a strange sound danced through the rain. A rhythmic chant like something from a monastery in far Nepal. It seemed to be coming from the alleyway. Norman was tired and his mind hazy and he almost ignored the sound. But something in the back of his mind told him to follow the sound down the alley.

Rounding a corner he found a young blonde child. She was no more that 10 years of age. The chanting seemed to come from her even though her mouth did not move. "What are you doing here child at this time of night? Where are your parents?" The child only smile and stared at Norman with large dark eyes. Those eyes seems to drill deep inside Norman. His vision seemed to dim slightly and the chanting increased in volume. It took all his strength of mind to keep standing in front of this child. She handed him a paper. It was wet with rain and it was old......Norman's experience could tell him it was very old. He reached out to take it and the world dissolved into nothingness.

Norman awoke in the ally. His books strewn about him. What had happened? The child was gone and in his hand was the piece of parchment with strange runes that squirmed on the page.

---------
Spoiler:
Spent one focus and gained

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:01 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 1 Encounter

Charlie Kane soon finds himself on a steamship headed to Tokyo of all places. His upholstered Cadillac seats were soon replaced with soft white sheets and one hell of a pounding hangover. He couldn't for the life of him remember how he got on this damn boat, but that didn't stop it rocking back and forth like some mad Titan's baby carriage.

There was something about a book he'd picked up in San Francisco that led him here. Charlie reached into his overnight bag and pulled out a small leather-bound tome. He fingered through the pages. Of course the damn thing was in Latin.

Charlie shakes his head and reaches for his Tom Collins. It, of course, was empty. He remembered sending Phyllis topside to fetch another but she had not yet returned.

If Charlie was going to get himself another bottle he’d have to expedite this little nautical adventure of his and fast. The waves outside crashed against the ship’s hull as the boat continued to persevere through the massive swells of the Pacific Ocean.

Charlie opened the Tome to a page he’d remembered. A picture of a giant crab holding a strange circular tablet. He continued to peruse the text and smiled to himself. An incantation that was supposed to improve the weather conditions on any sea voyage was right there where he thought it was.

Hastily Charlie began to utter the ancient words…

Cessabit mare . Comprimi aqua . Festinate et ascendite ad ventos . Cave cancri .

It all felt a bit off as Charlie’s lips failed to capture the true translation of the text. The candle he was reading by suddenly went out as a gust of wind blew through his cabin. Charlie sat there on his bed in complete silence. His heart pounded in his chest as he soon realized the gravity of his situation. How could he be so stupid? So green… He understood the forces he was meddling with all too well to jump so quickly into the arcane without the proper preparation.

He could hear the sound of grotesque movement near the foot of his bed. It sounded like a piece of wet leather was dragging itself up his bedpost. Charlie strained to see what was happening.

Phyllis?

Then something leapt from the darkness. A slimy muti-limbed creature no smaller than a garden gnome latched to his shoulder. Each arm sunk into his flesh with rows of razer sharp teeth or tendrils…. It was too dark to tell. Charlie reached out for anything to defend himself and found a letter opener Phyllis had given him for his birthday. He stabbed at the creature and threw it to the floor. The creature rose slowly into the air, hovering as black gore dripped from its wound. The thing regarded Charlie for a short moment and then flew out the open port window.

Charlie Kane sat back onto his bed, holding a towel to his wounded shoulder.

You Stupid old Man…

Spoiler:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4855487/

ooc- rolled a 4 for my Knowledge -1 check. Fail. Charlie takes 2 damage from flying polyp.

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:41 am
by Tabs
Turn 1, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: blue constellation
Reckoning Effects: possessions and Conditions . . .

Marie Lambeau

Test Lore 3 + Blessed [dice]0[/dice]
1-2: Stress and fatigue wears at you. Lose 1 Sanity.

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice]2[/dice]

Charlie Kane

Image Image

Spawn Gate: Rome (red sun) and

ImageImage

Text Effect: Marie keeps Voice of Ra, loses 1 Sanity, and gains

Tony Morgan, what does he wish to do with Conjuration?

Norman Withers, what does he wish to do with Feed the Mind and Clairvoyance?

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:16 pm
by Quatermass
Norman Withers will keep both spells.

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:48 pm
by Tabs
@Norman Withers

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:18 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Charlie Kane rolls 1d6

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:03 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll get rid of Conjuration.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 2 Action Phase
"Okay," says Dr. Zimmermann in a thick German accent. "Let's start the next exercise. You are trying to gain entry to a guarded building, but the guard refuses to let you in. What do you say to him?"

"Let me in, or I'll punch your lights out!" says Tony.

"Nein, nein, nein! What have I taught you?"

"Oh, right! Let me in, please, or I'll punch your lights out!"

Zimmermann slaps his face with his palm.

"Oh, wait! I could offer him a bribe!"

"That's...a little better. Let's go back to your elocution lessons. Repeat after me: The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain."

"Actually, it would fall more in the valleys, because it flows down the surrounding hills."

"Why don't we end today's session early?"

"Yeah, sounds good to me. I need to pack for the sea voyage to Rome."

"Ja, gut. I vill come mit you so you can continue your lessons. I vill make you presentable, or my name is not Henry Higgins."

"But I thought your name was Zimmermann."
OOC,Action 1: Focus Action. 1 Focus gained. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4858319/]Will check (2 dice) using Specialized Training, Turn 2 (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. No skill increase this time. Action 2: Prepare for Travel (Ship Ticket gained). (Action 3: Travel: Arkham->London->Rome [Ship Ticket]).

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:14 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 2 Action Phase:

Arkham

Norman Withers was muttering to himself when his office door opened. He just about jumped out of his chair. "What....oh Mable...it's just you." His eyes narrowed as he regain his composure. "What where you doing? Listening at the door. Again." His voice was jittery. He wiped the cold sweat from his forehead and begin to mutter to himself again. The look of concern was evident on Mable's face. "Mr. Withers, you know I wouldn't do such a thing." She said. "Your worn out. You haven't slept since yesterday morning. You need some rest." Norman looked up and his face softened. "Oh..your right of coarse. Maybe a few hours sleep...." His voice trail off. There was so much to do and so little time.......
Spoiler:
1) Rest Action. Regain 1 Sanity.
Roll for Paranoia [dice]0[/dice]
Discard Paranoia

2) Feed the Mind.
Roll [dice]1[/dice]

Spoiler:
Sorry Messed up here. please ignore. [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:44 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 2 - Action Phase

Charlie Kane sits back on his bed and shivered at the thought of his encounter with the fleshy creature that slithered into his cabin.

How could he be so careless? Phyllis usually reads over his incantations to make sure he pronounces the Latin correctly but Charlie was impatient. Mostly for the Gin, which Phyllis should have procured by now for heaven’s sake, but his impatience had cost him a nasty bite to the shoulder.

His wound was festering…. He stood up and walked to the mirror in his cabin’s bathroom. It was foggy and the pale yellow light from his cabin lamp was making him sick to his stomach. The bite was festering and red. Boils had already started to form around the puncture site. Charlie popped one and winced with pain. It was a good thing too… When he turned from the mirror he caught a glimpse of a shadowy tendril form creeping back through his cabin window that he had forgotten to shut and lock and bar for that matter.

Careless old man…..

He reached for his razor, sunken in a glass of dirty water on the sink, but the thing was in flight. Charlie had assumed he was safe. He always made assumptions when Phyllis wasn’t around and now it was finally going to get him killed.

BOOOOOOM!!

The sound was like a thunder strike from heaven as the green and black lifeblood of the creature splattered over his face and facilities. Charlie could only hear a loud buzzing as he turned to see his cabin door open and the angel standing there before him. She wasn’t an angel, but a nun and she held a smoking shotgun straight out of one of those mafia pictures. Stunned, Charlie looked her up and down and his eyes widened as she walked into the light. For one, her Habit was unorthodox to say the least. It was short at the thighs and then lengthened in the back displaying the curves of her legs to all god’s creatures. Charlie blinked.

The nun walked slowly towards Charlie and laid her hands on his shoulders. She slowly leaned him into his bed and began to whisper beautiful things in his ear. Something about a yellow wildflower and a 1937 Harley Davidson.
Spoiler:
Charlie rests for his first action. he gains 1 health and 1 focus. Then he gives his second action away.

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:37 pm
by Tabs

Turn 2, Action Phase, The Himalayas

Marie Lambeau's steps crunch in the snow as she trudges wearily through The Himalayas. It is late in the day, darkness blankets the foothills below, and she can feel the cold freezing her toes and fingers. "If I don't get outta here fast," she says to herself, "I'm gonna perish," and with that happy thought her teeth chatter uncontrollably.

She stands above a couloir, a steep precipice of snow between banks of rock, and makes a possibly fateful decision. Sitting upon her pack she glissades down, barely able to see ahead in the twilight, her eyes squinting from the spindrift whipped up all around her by the night wind.

Incredibly, luckily--whatever--within the hour Marie is camped beneath a rhododendron tree. She feels hungry, famished, a hunger unlike anything she has felt before. Where her legs are tucked beneath her as she rests among the dry leaves, she spots, in the tread of her boots, a pinkish, flesh like goo--the brain she'd crushed inside the Mi-go's cave.

Action 1: Rest. On a 4, 5, or 6 discard Hunger Condition [dice]0[/dice]
Action 2: Travel to Shanghai.

The following morning she hikes through a deserted forest and a landscape of rolling hills. At last she meets a peasant wearing a padded jacket and cap, his features are distinctly mongoloid.

"Yes, yes. Tibet," he replies to their pantomime conversation. After much bartering Marie, riding a bactrian camel and the peasant sporting her paste tiara, rides into China.

At the great city of Shanghai, inside a pagoda, wallowing in a bubble-filled tub, Marie hums a tune which will give her a little more time. "Ra, Ra, Rasputin . . ."

Extra Action: Gain a Train Ticket. (Sanity loss from casting the Spell negated due to her passive ability.)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 2 Encounter Phase
Tony arrives in Rome and wanders around at night, not sure what he should be looking for. In a dark alley, he comes across a shimmering round hole in space, beyond which a room with rows of bookshelves is visible. A black creature with a razor-sharp beak flies through it from the other side and comes at him. Remaining rock steady in the face of the otherworldly horror, he whips out his handcuffs and uses them to lock its jaws shut. Then he beats it into submission, retrieves his handcuffs, and shoves it through the portal. However, he too is pulled through the opening into a strange, musty library. The creature, now terrified of him, flees in panic. Tony explores the decaying library, noticing that the walls and shelves have been scorched in this part of it, and most of the books are ruined. The stench is almost unbearbale, but he is made of tough stuff and endures it. He manages to find an intact book, which he takes and opens to find mystical incantations. He notices a warning in the text that tips him off that the book is trapped. Had he chanted the words, it would have caused a conflagration. The evidence around him showed that someone had already fallen victim to it. Then the gateway begins to shrink. Running at top speed, he dives through it, and it vanishes to a point behind him, leaving him in the empty alley.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4860607/]Horror check (2 dice) encountering Byakhee, Turn 2 (2d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. Use Handcuffs and spend 1 Focus to defeat Byakhee. 1 Focus gained. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4860603/]Will check (2 dice) during Other World Encounter, Turn 2 (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. Tome Asset gained. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4860606/]Lore check (2 dice) during Other World Encounter, Turn 2 (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. Gate closed. 8-)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:00 pm
by Quatermass

Encounter Phase 2, Part 1

Feeling much better after a long night's sleep, Norman Withers begins to study the strange parchment with the crawling glyphs. After a long while of trying to decipher them this gaze lingers over the moving runes. They dance and swim about the page as if they are beckoning him. His vision seems to expand and dive through the pages on to strange vistas and the roaring sound of wind hangs muted in the background. Norman's perception the sees the city of Arkham stretched out below him as if from a bird's eye view.

[dice]0[/dice]
Success. Will encounter Clue in Space 4.
Clairvoyance Spell flipped. 1-2: The visions are clouded and murky. Roll 1 less die when resolving tests during the Research Encounter.

With a shot, Norman's perception races off at a terrible speed to the north and west.

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:53 pm
by Quatermass

Encounter Phase 2, Part 2

Norman looks about the snow bound clearing. Pine trees thick around him. It should be cold he muses but he feels nothing. Then from the shadows of the trees a dark skinned man walks forward. You have come seeking knowledge? the man says in a voice like ages. "I can give you that knowledge and much much more. Will you take it? The voice in back of Norman's mind implores him to run but the pull is too great. "Yes...." Norman mutters.

The dark skinned man walks forwards and takes Norman's hand. The touch is deathly cold and it burns. Norman screams.

Norman wakes at his desk. Where am I? Then he realizes what had happened or did it. That's when he sees the mark on his hand. A black mark that looks like a three lobed eye!

I will gain a Dark Pact and two clues.

I will spend one Clue from the Encounter to place a Eldritch Token in space 4.

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:29 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 2 - Encounter Phase - Research Encounter.

Charlie wakes in a daze and stumbles out of bed. He was still on the damn boat. He could feel the rocking and the swells of the Pacific beneath his feet. He rubs the wound on his shoulder and grins. It felt much better. That leggy nun fixed him up real good.

Man what a looker… Nice Gams!!!

Charlie splashes water on his face and then notices the full unopened bottle of Gin and the Tom Collins Mix on his night side table. He rushes to it and pours himself a stiff one.

That a girl Phyllis!!

After two more, Charlie felt straight enough to leave his cabin and headed for the Captains Quarters. This trip was taking much longer than anticipated and he had urgent business in Tokyo.

On the way, Phyllis was waiting for him in the mess hall and immediately attacked Charlie with all the assistance he could ever ask for in his own personal Hell. Campaign Bills… Expense statements… correspondence…

Jesus Phyllis… We’re on a god damn boat!!

And we might as well use this time to catch up on same paperwork Mr. Kane, so if you can please sign these statements and take a look at this petition. The Ironworks Union is expecting…

Charlie waved a hand at Phyllis and continued to the Captain’s Quarters. He was please to see that the Captain was drinking.

I wonder why all sailors drink rum? Ridiculous stereotype but accurate to a fault.

After several shots of rum and a couple more Tom Collins’, the Captain agreed to skip a fueling stop in exchange for political favors in San Francisco Charlie had no intention of keeping. That would shave a few hours off his voyage and give him some more time sort out some of this end of the world business…

That was the benefit of being Charlie Kane. He could sell ice to the Eskimos…
Spoiler:
ooc- Charlie receives one clue and uses up his second clue to place an Eldritch token on Space 19.

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:09 am
by Tabs

Turn 2, Encounter Phase, Shanghai

"I need some answers," thinks Marie. The only English language newspaper is The Shanghai Courier, so she seeks out its offices, hoping to peruse their archive in search of strange or unexplained stories.

"夫人," says the receptionist without looking up from her polished fingernails; when there is no reply she impatiently does so, her eyes widen at sight of Marie Lambeau. The receptionist rattles off an unintelligible, to Marie, sentence.

"English?" says Marie hopefully.

"You have been horribly sunburned, poor girl!"

"No, Miss Lin," interjects the editor who is passing by the front desk, "an educated tribeswoman from the far west. Gobi?"

"Yes, that's right," agrees Marie, sensing that the editor is friendly.

Searching through old copies of The Shanghai Courier, Observation 2 + Blessed [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:08 am
by Tabs
Turn 2, Mythos Phase

Spawn Clues: space 16 and space 18.

3 Eldritch tokens on Mythos card.

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:40 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 3 Action Phase
After some more unsuccessful lessons from Dr. Zimmermann, Tony boards a ship with him bound for London. A telegram from Norman had told him that something big was going on in London and to meet him there.
OOC,Action 1: Focus Action. 1 Focus gained. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4863176/]Will check (2 dice) using Specialized Training, Turn 3 (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. No skill increase this time. Action 2: Travel: Rome->London

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:24 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 3 Action Phase

Norman Withers walked up the gangplank onto the USS Orduna. The passenger liner was beautiful but Norman didn't notice. He had too much on his mind. He was finally traveling to England. What he hoped to find there...no dreaded to find there filled his thoughts. Through out the whole voyage Norman barely came out of his cabin. He had a lot of studying to do.

1) Travel to London
2) Gain Focus.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:08 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 3 Action Phase

Charlie Kane finally steps off the boat onto the dry port of Tokyo Japan.

What a buncha busy bodies he thinks to himself as the sheer number of people shuffling about and carrying on with their day to day business overwhelms his pounding head. Gin hangovers were the worst. Like a pine tree half stuck in your nasal cavity while a midget hammers on your nuts with a side show mallet. Charlie takes a swig from the flask in his inside suit pocket.

Buh....

The roar of a motorcycle humms behind him as nun in a short skirt revs her engine and tears past him. Charlie rubs his partially healed shoulder.

Nice Gams!!

Charming Mr. Kane as always.

Phyllis walks up to Charlie and hands him a copy of the Tokyo paper. She had a system and knew what Charlie was after before even he did. Charlie grins at Phyllis and begins to skim through the paper looking for relevant headlines. There were some killings in the woods north of Tokyo. Something about cannibals and other key words Charlie knew to look for. Charlie couldn't remember when he picked up Japanese but here it was, rolling off the tongue like a cheap cigar. His eyes squinted as he saw things for how they really were. How these cannibals in the woods might be up to something far more nefarious than simple a human Barbeque. He;'d have to investigate after a few more Tom Collins.

Charlie flipped through the paper and actually guffawed when he read the next story hidden deep in the entertainment section. Some scientists say some giant Penguins in the Arctic killed a polar bear.

Jesus Phyllis! A Giant Penguin.

Indeed Sir!

Do we still have a guy with a gun in the Artic.

I believe so. A ranger of some description. .

Good! I want that damn Penguin dead by morning!

I'll make the call.

Phyllis?

Yes Sir.

I'm out of Tom Collins mix.

Spoiler:
1) Travel to Tokyo
2) Gain Assets

[dice]5[/dice]

Then for the reroll. [dice]6[/dice]

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:36 pm
by Tabs

Turn 3, Action Phase, Shanghai

Extra Action: gain Focus (cast Voice of Ra and lose 1 Health).
Action 1: gain Ship Ticket.
Action 2: Travel to space 19.

Shanghai's train station is a hive of humanity. Luckily its ticket office also sells Ship Tickets, so when Marie books a cabin on the locomotive heading north she takes advantage of the opportunity to buy another--"You never know when I'll need one," she thinks.

She changes trains at the Soviet border, the new locomotive, emblazoned with a red star, wends its way through Kamchatka to an icy wilderness.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:16 pm
by Mr. Handy

Turn 3 Encounter Phase
Tony takes the train from London to the Salisbury Plain to visit Stonehenge, where Norman had told him that the beacon might be located. Supposedly it would hasten the end of the world if left operational as the astronomical conjunction approaches. He searches the megalithic structures thoroughly, and he manages to find a hidden compartment concealed in one of the menhir stones. Inside is an ancient artifact with flashing lights over its surface. Not knowing how to deactivate it, he settles for smashing it to bits and stomping on it. The lights go out, the beacon destroyed.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4864433/]Observation roll (4 dice) encountering the Rumor, Turn 3 (4d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. Rumor solved. 8-)

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:30 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 3 Encounter Phase: London

Bulldog Drummond was caught dead to rights. The two men had found his hiding place and one had a gun. When he had followed up on that smuggling ring he hadn't thought to run into some sort of crazy cult in the home of the Earl of Albemarle. The party was just starting with black robes, shiny knives, and chanting. It looked like Drummond would be the main coarse.

"Come out of there.." hissed the man with the gun. But just before Drummond could act a elderly man with a long greying beard wearing a rumpled brown suit and carrying a umbrella crashed though the door. His eyes were wild and he charged the two men swinging that umbrella like a club. Drummond jumped to action and hit the man in front of him with a quick jab to his jaw. The man fell like a sack of potatoes. He turned to see the old man striking the other with repeated blows with the umbrella and within a few seconds the man was on the ground unconscious. "Who are you?" Drummond asked. The man straighted up and looked at Drummond. "I am Norman Withers. We need to get out of here!"
Spoiler:

[dice]0[/dice]
Norman Defeats the Cultists and a Clue is spawned. ;)

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:54 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 3 Encounter Phase- City

Charlie next finds himself in a smokey bar. If he was going into the woods to confront some crazed flesh eating sons of bitches, he would need a few things. First off... he would need to see the local Dragon's Den and get his hands on some first rate opiates. It had been far too long since he'd chase that particular dragon and the Dragon Lord called his name.

Luckliy Phyllis was there to light his pipe and then guide him back.

Unfortunately, Charlie often found himself in some less than scrupulous situations when he was high on Opium. He awoke this time in puddle of thick sludge in the darkness of Tokyo' sewer system. And worse... He had lost his flask.

He heard heavy footsteps approaching... and a low muffled whimper.

Phyllis? Did you gain weight?

Then the scaly creature was on him. Half fish and half man... The Deep One grappled with Charlie in the narrow sewer tunnel.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
Charlie had no idea where his strength came from but he turned suddenly and threw the creature against the wall. There was a loud crack as its fish shaped skull smashed hard into a outflow pipe on the sewer wall. The creature slumped back into the sewer water and Charlie squinted to see a squirming shape in a sac that the Deep One was dragging through the tunnel. There was someone inside it....
Spoiler:
Charlie passes his strength check and gains an ally. :)

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:11 am
by Tabs

Turn 3, Encounter Phase, space 19

Marie steps down from the locomotive's foot plate and surveys the frozen, ramshackle station. "Good God," she thinks, "this dump makes my Louisiana marshes seem like a paradise." She recalls grand-mère's words, the ones which launched Marie on this globe-trotting nightmare, "When the planets align with the center of the universe, child, and the Earth falls under the shadow of an eclipse, that which would devour all life seeks to pierce the veil that keeps the darkness at bay. . . . Go to the Kingdom of Sarawak, an old evil has returned. . . ." And that was why she was singing So In Love in the Indo-chinnie nightclub, and since then had followed a trail of clues which had led her here. Here! She looks around again and cannot believe the desolation of the place.

The locomotive puffs away leaving Marie stranded and feeling very alone. A reindeer herder, dressed in coarse-stitched hide and with features like her notion of an Eskimo's, approaches her and bows. They agree terms: Marie's watch (he will not accept money) for food and a bed in his yurt--she guesses that means she'll be sleeping among his livestock.

Twilight falls ever so quickly. Marie sees a cheery looking bonfire at the foot of an obelisk, its flames leap into darkness.

Grand-mère's voice echoes inside her mind. "Not all who walk the Earth wish to see humanity survive the eclipse."

Ambushed by a Cultist, Strength 2 +2[Ritual Dagger] + Blessed [dice]0[/dice]

An arm wraps around Marie's neck and she is pulled backwards upon the slushy, dirt track. A thumb pushes into her neck, crushing her windpipe; her eyes roll upwards, she cannot breathe, and she begins to choke to death. "Don't give up!" rages a familiar voice. Her fingers grasp the Ritual Dagger and she blindly jabs it upwards into his flesh, over and over again. She can breathe! The reindeer herder lies beside her, his face a bloody mess of punctures. Marie promptly vomits into her hand.

The bonfire is immediately extinguished--with the death of a member, the ritual, a plea to the court of Azathoth, is over.

Eldritch token placed upon the Mystery.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:05 pm
by Tabs
Turn 3, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: red sun, 1 Eldritch token placed on that space.

Resolve Reckoning effects: possessions and Conditions.

@Norman Withers

@Charlie Kane

Image Image

@Marie Lambeau

Lore 3 +1[improvement] + Blessed [dice]0[/dice]
1-2: Stress and fatigue wears at you. Lose 1 Sanity.

[dice]1[/dice] :(

[dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:43 pm
by Quatermass
@Norman Withers

[dice]0[/dice]

:o

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:08 pm
by DSIGFUSS
@Charlie Kane

[dice]0[/dice]

:o

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm
by Tabs
@Norman Withers

Image :!:

@Charlie Kane

Spawn Gate: The Pyramids (blue constellation) and

Image Image

Text effect: Tony Morgan gains

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:25 am
by Quatermass

Bulldog Drummond had a lot of useful information that could be used by Norman. Something down in the Antarctic needed looking into. Suddenly the Dark Man appeared in front of Norman. He just walked out of a shadow. "Norman, the time has come. Choose." He held out his hand and there was a fan, a bullet, and a coin. Norman knew what they meant. Each was a friend of his. Norman sighed and picked the coin.
Spoiler:
Charlie's Devoured

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:29 am
by Tabs
Charlie Kane is devoured. Doom advances by 1 (13 down to 12), discard everything of his, and choose a new investigator at the end of the Mythos Phase.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:30 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Charlie Devoured

Charlie sat in his hotel room with Brother Nethaniel and Phyllis. Phyllis wore a smug little grin as Nethaniel tore into Charlie’s lifestyle choices with an almighty righteousness that made Charlie want to choke a kitten. Charlie had just rescued Nethaniel after a serious Opium binge that landed him in the sewers of Tokyo. A rescue that never would have taken place he reminded the preacher if Charlie’s lifestyle choices were not as they were.

He nursed his Gin... suckled at it as if it were his last.

Nethaniel took a break from berating Charlie’s addictive personalities and poured himself a cup of tea. He offered one to Phyllis and she gladly accepted.

Why thankyou Nethaniel. How very kind of you.

Phyllis’s tone was obviously directed at Charlie and he took another longer swig from his Gin.

I’ll have some of that Tea too if you don’t mind Brother Nethaniel. The leaves will do me some good.

Nethaniel poured Charlie a cup and he drank it down eagerly.

They all drank for a few minutes in silence and then finally, Charlie started smiling.

Phyllis had moved closer to the priest and had started to pet his head like a beloved family pet. Both rocked uneasily to what appeared to be the beating of Charlie’s heart. Brother Nethaniel’s hand moved slowly up Phyliis’ skirt and the assistant tugged playfully at the Priest’s collar as the two began to explore each other in a clearly biblical way.

Charlie groped at the velvet arms of the chair he was nestled in. It seemed to pulse with his touch. He would have to remember the name of the herbs he put in the tea but it had escaped his memory at the moment. The Dragon Lord had charged him a hefty price for it and it was worth every yen as far as he could tell.

Phyllis and Nerthaniel were now writhing on the floor tearing off each other’s clothing in a lust reserved only for the young and the primitive. Phyllis scratched at Nethaniel, tearing deep cuts into his back and neck as the two continued on in violent ecstasy.

Charlie could feel himself sinking further into his armchair. The purple velvet now felt more akin to flesh than cloth. Small Ivory horns, like rows of teeth, began to pierce the flesh of his armchair all around him. The back of the chair stretched high above his head and the wood creaked and moaned as the horror of the thing took shape. Worse, it felt as though he was reclining on a thick bulbous tongue of some description.

Nethaniel and Phyllis were now heavy into their own unique style of violent lovemaking. Both were bloody and crying out with pleasure. Nethaniel had already pulled out most of her hair and Phyllis now reached into Nethanel’s eye and plucked it out like a grape. She held the thing between her fingers and smiled with a Mother’s care at Charlie.

Charlie smiled back as the chair devoured him.

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 4 Action Phase
Tony spends some time thinking about everything he's learned so far and putting the pieces together. The more he considers it, the more he realizes that there are more answers at Stonehenge. He resolves to dig deeper. He also finishes his lessons with Dr. Zimmermann, who finally pronounces him couth. Tony isn't sure what the word means, but he thinks it's a compliment.
OOC,Action 1: Character Component Action: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4866673/]Influence roll (2 + 1[Improvement] = 3 dice) using character's Component Action (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. 2 Focus spent. 2 Clues gained. Action 2: Focus Action. 1 Focus gained. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4866677/]Will check (2 dice) using Specialized Training, Turn 4 (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. Influence increases to +2. Specialized Training discarded.

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:24 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 4 Action Phase - London

Norman studies through the night at the British Museum with his Research Student Thomas Culter.

"Mr. Withers, I think I have found something." Says Thomas looking up from a large dusty tome.

Spoiler:
1) Feed the Mind
[dice]0[/dice]
Success - Improve Norman's Lore by 1.
Lose 1 Sanity

2) Research Student
[dice]1[/dice]
Gain 1 Clue. :P

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:31 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 4 Action Phase

Diana Stanley reads by candlelight in her modest apartment, glancing out her window from time to time to soak in the beauty of the Panama Canal. She had been waiting in this hell hole for going on three months now.

Training my left toe. Diana thinks to herself. Carl knows and he’s keeping me out of the way. He knows I’m fixing to betray him and his little Twilight party so he has me reading supernatural cookbooks in the darn jungle.

Diana reaches into a neat little pocket sewed into the side of her shawl. It had a note written in very eloquent writing on very sturdy paper.

The letter reads:

Dear Diana,

I’m afraid Charlie and I will not be able to meet with you in Buenos Aires as planned. Charlie has taken a turn for the worse with his drinking and I know find myself in Tokyo investigating monsters in the sewers and ordering assassinations on Giant Penguins in the Antarctic. I fear I am losing my mind and will no longer be able to keep Charlie under control.

Please go on to Buenos Aires to attend to our important business without us.

Your friend and ally,

Phyllis Ashcroft.

Diana finally closes her book and stares with angry eyes at the cover.

The mystical properties of mushrooms.

She scoffs. Well I’m not staying all cooped up in this place for one second longer I tell you what!! Not for one second more!

With that. Dianna packs a small bag with some books and writing utensils and marches down to the bus stop.

One ticket to Buenos Aires please.

Diana knew of a contact she had made through the Silver Lodge in Buenos Aires. Little Old colored lady named Latisha Mane, an absolutely delightful woman with a healthy addiction to crossword puzzles and current events. Fortunately for Diana, Latisha also had an unhealthy collection of arcane books and defensive doohickeys.

I’m coming for you Carl. You and your whole lot!!
Spoiler:
Diana travels to Buenos Aires and Acquires Assets? (spell??)

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:01 am
by Tabs

Extra Action: Rest, gain 1 Health and 1 Sanity. (Cast Voice of Ra, spend 1 Health to do so.)
Action 1: Travel to space 1.
Action 2: Component Action, Travel to space 4.

The fishermen take Marie Lambeau across the Bering Strait. Her heart rises to her mouth when a doe-eyed seal approaches the fishing smack, but she turns away, ducking under the swinging jib, when the fishermen grab their harpoon poles, each with its wicked barb.

In Alaska she trudges towards the wilderness, as impelled by an unspoken thought, to stop the ritual which she knows "seeks to pierce the veil that keeps the darkness at bay." Hidden beneath a snowdrift Marie discovers a battered trumpet engraved with the initials J.C.--a curious find, dropped by an unlucky adventurer, no doubt.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:18 am
by Quatermass

Encounter Phase 4

Norman gazes through the crystal that he uses to send his vision out into the void. A wind tossed sea expands before his eyes. A ship in danger rides up and down the 20 foot waves. It's hull groaning under the beating. He sees the outline of a person alone on the deck and clutched in their hands is a strange stone chest. They run for a lifeboat. Norman's gaze see the caved in bottom of the boat. Just as the person begins to climb in they hear a voice in their head. "Don't that boat! Take the one on the other side." The figure halts and looks around in a confused manner. "Move I say! Before its too late!" The figure turns and runs to the other side of the ship.

From the life boat, the figure sees the ship slide under the waves. Then the voice comes again. "Meet me in London! At Grosvenor Hotel! Ask for Norman Withers!"

[dice]0[/dice]
Two Successes - Visions are cloudy. -1 dice on tests with Encounter.

Will encounter Clue in the Sea Space 18

[dice]1[/dice]
Will spend Gained Clue to place a Eldritch Token in The Heart of Africa.
Gain a random Ally.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 4 Encounter Phase
Tony senses that alien entities have been imprisoned in the very stones themselves. He reaches out with his mind to try to contact one, and it pushes its way in. Fortunately, he is able to communicate and reason with it. It tells him that it will help him before it breaks off contact. He doesn't feel any different, however.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4869535/]Lore roll (2 - 1[Mystic Ruins Encounter] = 1 die) at Stonehenge (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4869543/]Influence roll (2 + 2[Improvement] = 4 dice) at Stonehenge, Turn 4 (4d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. I guess it's best to leave the Omen where it is.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:13 am
by Tabs

Turn 4, Encounter Phase, space 4 (Eldritch token)

Marie creeps closer to the bonfire. Again, like in Kamchatka, there are several figures cavorting round the flames. A chant begins, she can see their heads thrown back and mouths working, singing--calling out to the dread court.

She stands four-square in the moonlight. Pinetop's Boogie Woogie echoes through the wilderness in competition with the chant. For a time Marie's singing drowns out the other voices, but they reply with an audible, shouted confusion of pleading words. "The Smoky Velvet," her voice no longer so smooth, belts out her song, and she is relieved when the cavorting and chanting stop: she has won the sing-off.

But her relief is short-lived. One of the cultists breaks from the group and charges at her, cursing her foully; this time Marie will not be taken by surprise, she grips the Ritual Dagger in readiness.

Image Horror 1, toughness 2

Syzygy Cultist, Horror check, Will 2 [dice]0[/dice]
Syzygy Cultist, Combat check, Strength 2 +2[Ritual Dagger] [dice]1[/dice]
Spend 1 Focus to reroll a Combat die [dice]2[/dice]
Spend her 2nd Focus to reroll a Combat die [dice]3[/dice]

Nuts! Lose 1 Sanity and spend 2 Focus, no Health lost but Syzygy Cultist undefeated--Eldritch token remains on space 4. :(

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:40 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 4 Encounter Phase - Buenos Aires

Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]

- 2 successes. Gains a Spell. :D

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:17 am
by Tabs
Turn 4, Mythos Phase

Spawn Clues: Rome and Sydney.

Place 3 Eldritch tokens on Rumor card.

Text effect: Spawn Spinner of Webs on space 9.

Image Image

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:17 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 5 Action Phase - London

Norman Withers met Professor Carlisle when he walked into his hotel carrying the stone chest. Norman instantly recognized him from his vision of the sinking ship. "Withers? Norman Withers?" said the man. Norman nodded and shook the man's hand. The man continued. "I am Arthur Carlisle and I am a curator at the British Museum. I don't think I understand any of this but I have the feeling that your the man to help me discover the secrets held in this chest." Norman nodded again and then said. "It is so good to meet you sir and yes lets get look at this chest. I believe it holds vital information." The two men leaned over the chest and began to talk together in hushed tones.

A few days later, unable to pry the secrets from the chest, they decided to travel to Rome. A possible clue to the chest could be found there.

1) Rest. Recover 1 Sanity.
Attempt to open Stone Chest

[dice]0[/dice]

2)Move to Rome.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:13 pm
by Tabs

Turn 5, Action Phase, space 4

Action 1: gain 1 Focus.
Action 2: (Component Action) gain 1 Focus.

Marie Lambeau breathes deeply. She has her back jammed up against a log, which is in a hollow beneath a pine tree of some sort--all she knows is that one of its cones is digging into her thigh. "Calm," she murmurs, "calm yourself." She can hear the cultists calling to each other as they search the undergrowth. Her attempt to kill one of them had failed--a terrified stab at her assailant is all she managed; she must try to murder again, otherwise the nefarious ritual will continue.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:38 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Action Phase

Having spent most of her time at the library scrolling through the Necronomicon and other menacing texts, Diana finds some time to relax at a crowded coffee shop on the outskirts of the Beunos Aires shipyards. She had just purchased a ticket to the Africas and had a long delay before her sailing.

Diana was suddenly distracted from a particularly dark Tome she had brought with her from some light reading. A couple in white formal attire was arguing at the table across from her. Not heated, but more of a lovers squabble. A local village boy held a puppy out to the man’s wife and she was just heartbroken that her husband would not allow her to keep it.

The thing has mange my darling. Just look at it!

Oh but look at its little nose Henry dear! It’s just too darling to resist.

Darling…

Darling…

Darling…

It went on for some time before the village boy left the sickening couple with a frown on his little face. Diana felt bad for the boy so she sat up and walked over to meet him while he was trying to push the puppy into the arms of a local senior citizen who would have none of it.

Diana handed the boy a ten dollar American note. The boy didn’t say a word but Gracias! Gracias! Gracias! as he backed away quickly before Diana could change her mind and then ran down the street shouting and waving the bill in the air.

Diana grinned at the boy and then raised her new pet up to her face to get a good look at him. He was cute that was for sure. The puppy licked Diana’s face and she laughed out loud. It had been a long time since she had laughed and she was ever thankful for it.

Smiling Diana walked out of the coffee shop with the puppy cradled in her arms like a new born babe. It fell asleep almost immediately in Diana’s comforting embrace. She decided to take a stroll down a nearby alley and walked inside the nearest abandoned building. It was filthy as expected but would suit her purpose. She set the puppy down and began to dig in her purse for a piece of chalk. Carefully, Dianna began to sketch out some ruins into the filthy floor. It took her nearly half an hour to complete her work. At the end, she stood in the center of the circle and admired her handiwork.

It looks right doesn’t it boy?

The puppy wobbled over to Diana with a cuteness in step that only puppies can produce. Diana drew the pup back into her arms and let it lick her face again. It immediately calmed her. She needed this.
She reached into her purse and produced a treat. Some left over sandwich meat from the deli she had eaten at this morning. The puppy gobbled it up gleefully and then Diana reached back into her purse. The puppy waited eagerly for his next treat. Diana produced a long thin silver dagger and quickly dragged it across the pup’s throat. The blood spilled onto the runes and a silver light poured from beneath the floor tiles and on to the heavens above. Diana dropped the lifeless puppy to the floor as the ecstasy of the ritual took hold of her.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] - ritual spell banishment. 2 successes - banishes the Shan at The Pyramids Gate.
- Diana picks up a ship ticket

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 5 Action Phase
Tony returns to London finds a note from Norman waiting for him. It tells him that there are signs of the fabric between worlds weakening in Egypt near the pyramids. He heads to the docks in East London and books passage on the first ship to Alexandria.
OOC,Action 1: Prepare for Travel. Ship Ticket gained. Action 2: Travel: London->Rome->The Pyramids [Shiip Ticket]

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:27 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 5 Encounter Phase - Research

Once in Rome, Norman Withers and Professor Carlisle where easily able to find the rare book collector that had a copy of the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Hidden in a secret code in the pages of the book was the clue they needed. Norman quickly sent a telegram to Tony in Cairo telling him what to do.

Spend Gained Clue to Place a Eldritch Token in the Pyramids.
No need to roll since Norman does not have any Glamour Spells.

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:41 pm
by Tabs

Turn 5, Encounter Phase (Eldritch token)

Heavy sticks beat at the bushes around Marie as the cultists frantically search for "The Smoky Velvet." She shrugs involuntarily at the ludicrous situation she finds herself facing: insane, bestial peasants searching for her, and when they do find her. . . "I'm gonna die, probably sacrificed--burned alive, sweet Jesus." The thought of her moniker makes her smile, but she feels sick to her core.

At last, and she is almost thankful, her hiding place is discovered.

Image Horror1, toughness 2

Syzygy Cultist, Horror test, Will 2 [dice]0[/dice]
Szygy Cultist, Combat test, Strength 2 +2[Ritual Dagger] [dice]1[/dice]

Eldritch token placed upon Mystery (2nd token, 4 required).

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:58 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Encounter Phase - Buenos Aires.

[dice]0[/dice]

Diana passes her lore check. receives one ritual spell.

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:47 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 5 Encounter Phase
Following Norman's directions, Tony explores among the pyramids at night. He hears rhythmic chanting coming from inside one of them and ventures through the entrance. Within, he finds a horribly disfigured man in a black hooded robe. Undaunted by the sight, he rushes forward, tackles the robed man, and cuffs his arms behind his back.

"No!" cries the cultist. "You've interrupted the ritual! The Great Old Ones will be displeased!"

"That's your tough luck," says Tony, hauling the man to his feet and dragging him away.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4872181/]Horror check (Will 2 + 2[Cultist's Journal) = 4 dice) encountering the Cultist (4d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. 1 Focus spent to use Handcuffs to defeat Cultist. 1 Focus gained. Eldritch token placed on Mystery.

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:04 am
by Tabs
Turn 5, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: blue constellation [left hand]. Doom advances 1 (to 11 from 12).

Reckoning effects: see below.

Spawn Gate: Arkham (red sun) and

Image Image

Text effect: Tony Morgan loses 2 Health and becomes Delayed. New Expedition at The Amazon.

Reckoning effect: possessions and Conditions.

Marie Lambeau

Lore 3 +1[improvement][dice]0[/dice]

0: Only through intense concentration can you maintain the aura. Discard this card unless you spend 1 Focus. Marie spends 1 Focus.

[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:28 pm
by Quatermass

They spent the last week resting in the beautiful Villa in the hills outside of Rome. Norman, Professor Carlisle, and their research student Thomas Culter passed the time in quiet study and taking long walks in the surrounding hills. The exercise had done Norman worlds of good and he felt as fit as he had in ages. The riddle of the stone chest alluded them until quite by accident Thomas Culter found the secret latch.

Turn 6 Action Phase - Rome

1) Feed the Mind
Image[dice]0[/dice]
Success - Increase Norman's Strength by 1
Lose one Sanity

2)Rest
Gain one Sanity
Attempt to Open Stone Chest
Image[dice]1[/dice]
Success!

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:17 am
by Tabs

Turn 6, Action Phase, space 4

Action 1: Travel to space 5.
Action 2: Component Action, Travel to Arkham.

Marie spends 1 Health to perform 1 additional action.

Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]0[/dice] :(

Marie runs and runs until the stitch in her tummy burns and twists into a knot, it is so tight she has to stop, hunched over with her hands upon her knees, her panting breaths are huge, whistling gulps and spent, spitting exhalations.

Some time later when she has recovered, she begins a steady march south, heading for the American border and Chicago. Too many foot sore days, days beyond count, surviving on Reindeer Moss and rainwater licked off of leaves, pass by wearily as she continues onward through the forest, until at last the waters of Lake Michigan sparkle beneath the dawn sun. In the great city she boards one of the new Streamlined locomotives to Arkham. Its dining car serves a giant breakfast platter; Marie is soon feasting on scrambled egg and slurping a quart of coffee.

Everywhere in Arkham there are citizens filled with fear. Rumour has it that a sect of Atlach-Nacha worshipers have called forth the nightmarish Spinner of Webs, a corpulent spider-like god who's desire is the end of humanity. Marie plays the Bone Pipes which she found inside the Mi-go cave in the Himalayas, sure that it will hurt the spider, but the tune is discordant and flat.

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:34 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 - Action Phase

Diana was still quite shaken from her last sacrifice as she carefully read over a telegram from Charlie Kane’s assistant Phyllis. The poor woman was still in a psychiatric prison after brutally dismembering and allegedly raping a catholic missionary. Diana was certain she was innocent of the charges but Charlie had gone missing that same night and could not corroborate her story. Still, her political contacts allowed Phyllis some correspondence with those individuals fighting the good fight.

The note read:

Diana,

It has come to my attention, through much less than benign design, that a certain Tome of ill intent has come into your possession that allows you to reach through other worlds and do harm to those creatures that would align themselves with the enemy. A gateway to another world has opened on the city of Arkham and it was my hope that you would please clear the way for a dear friend of mine to enter the city in a relatively tranquil state of mind. It would appear that Arham is not safe. Please make it so.

You friend and ally,

Phyllis.

Diana sighed and burnt the Telegram. It would appear that I am going to need another puppy.

After a lengthy, bloody, cultish affair, Diana made the decision that she just simply couldn’t stomach a voyage on the open sea in her current state. Instead, she hopped on a bus filled with friendly natives and chickens that would eventually take her deep on an Expedition deep into the Amazon.

Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] - 3 successes - banishes Ghoul on Arkham gate.

And then Travels to tha Amazon.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 6 Action Phase
Before Tony could leave the pyramid with his prisoner, there is a tremendous earthquake that collapses the entrance. It takes him a while to dig a way out through the rubble.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:40 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 6 Encounter Phase - Rome

Norman uses a contact in Rome to get into the Vatican Library and gain access to some restricted books. Father Giuseppe led him into a private reading room with a handful of rare books. One book in particular intrigued him. It depicts the defeat of a cult during the reign of Constantine IV. Bolstered by the knowledge that the forces of darkness can be defeated. Norman redoubles his efforts.

[dice]0[/dice]
Success! Improve Will

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:13 pm
by Tabs

Turn 6, Encounter Phase, Lost Carcosa

. . . try to focus and distinguish specific words . . . Observation 2 [dice]0[/dice]
Spend 1 Focus [dice]1[/dice]

Hmmm, she'll lose 2 Sanity because if Delayed Marie can't use Bone Pipes . . . ?

Marie stumbles upon a bald hobo who is gnawing at a hero sandwich, it is filled with unidentifiable, grey meat.

A green and yellow pinwheel, growing miraculously, spins behind the hobo. The hobo watches Marie, spits out some gristle, and emits an animal snort. He approaches her while licking his chops. She doesn't know whether to back away from the hobo or point out the ketchup smeared upon his chin, and offer a tissue. "Sir," she says, feeling unsure of his intent, "here," and holds out a crumpled handkerchief at arms length.

"And if you see familiarity, Then celebrate the contradiction, Walk on unafraid," echoes all around.

"Diana?" says Marie, unsure who she is even or why she said the name. The hobo is pulled backward into the pinwheel as if attached to a prodigious spring. Intrigued, Marie wanders forward through the empty streets.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:29 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Encounter - Expedition - The Amazon.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] - Defeat Snakes - Pass

[dice]1[/dice] - Read Runes - Pass - Retreat Doom Track by 1.

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:00 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 6 Encounter Phase
Tony is startled to find himself in an alien environment when he emerges from the pyramid, which is now green - as are several others nearby.

"I told you they'd be displeased," said his prisoner.

"Shut up, unless you want a punch in the mouth!" snarls Tony.

There are flying, vaguely insectoid creatures in the sky, but they all give the area a wide berth. After a little exploration, Tony understands why. Overcome with fear, he drags his captive away from the pyramids, enduring the harsh environment until he once again somehow finds himself back in the sands of Egypt.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4874260/]Will roll (2 dice) on Yuggoth, Turn 6 (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4874300/]Spending Focus to reroll Will die (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4874315/]Spending Clue to reroll Will die (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4874327/]Spending second Clue to reroll Will die (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4874361/]Strength roll (3 dice) on Yuggoth, Turn 6 (3d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. Well, that bites. :(

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:31 am
by Tabs
Turn 6, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: green comet. Doom advances by 1 (12 down to 11).

Monster Surge: at Tunguska.

Image Image Image Image

Spawn Clues: space 14 and The Amazon.

Text effect: Norman Withers lose 3 Health and discards Research Student or Museum Curator.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:53 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 7 Action Phase - Rome

Norman and Professor Carlisle were intently studying the Stone Tablet that they had found in the mysterious chest. Behind them their research student Thomas eyed the gems and gold coins left scattered on the table. "Why are those old men ignoring the riches before them as they looked over that dirty old tablet." He thought. His greed welled up inside him. "Hadn't he been the one to find the secret latch. Hadn't he done most of the work. Hadn't he deserved the riches laying on the table!" Thomas eyes found the knife laying by their the plates left from their lunch. On impulse he grabbed it and jammed it into the old astronomer's back. Norman cried out in pain and Professor Carlisle shrunk back in fear. Thomas grabbed a hand full of gems and bolted out the door.

1)Rest.
Regain 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
[dice]0[/dice]

2)Move to The Pyramids.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:33 am
by Tabs

Turn 7, Action Phase, Arkham

Action 1: Rest, gain 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
Action 2: Component Action (Rest), gain 1 Health and 1 Sanity.
Extra Action: (cast Voice of Ra and lose 1 Health) use Bone Pipes vs. Spinner of Webs.

Test Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]0[/dice] spend 1 Sanity, Monster loses 2 Health (6 down to 4).

Image Image

Marie purses her lips and blows into the Bone Pipes, just like her younger self was taught to do when she played the flute in Mrs. Henderson's hymn class--the classroom was an annex to Lafayette Gospel Church where negro children received a rudimentary education--and is rewarded with a fine, clear note. She runs her mouth along the pipes in a manner which would make a Bolivian Indian proud, and produces a startlingly beautiful tune. Somewhere in Greenland the Spinner of Webs contracts into a defensive huddle as if a giant, playful kitten has tapped its head.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:33 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 7 Action Phase.

It's difficult to find a spa in the Amazon but Diana makes camp in a tiny little bungalow in a jungle clearing. It cost her a petty penny but she was so tired and needed time to think. Under the bright Amazon moon she studies her dark texts and dips her toes at the edge of a sparkling jungle oasis while men with rifles and machetes stand watch for dangerous jungle creatures.
Spoiler:
Diana rests recovering 1 sanity and gains a focus.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 7 Action Phase
After taking his prisoner to jail, Tony boards a train for Nairobi, the nearest city to where the newspapers said the epicenter of the great earthquake had been.
OOC,Action 1: Gain 1 Focus. Action 2: Travel: The Pyramids->Heart of Africa

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:28 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 7 Encounter Phase

[dice]0[/dice]
Close Gate!
Will not Become Delayed.

I will post the rest later. I have a busy day out today.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:43 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 7 Encounter Phase - Expedition Amazon

Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] - fail

[dice]1[/dice] - spend 1 focus - success

[dice]2[/dice] - success - gain 2 clue tokens.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:42 pm
by Tabs

Turn 7, Encounter Phase, Arkham

"It's a new type of experiment."

"In what way? The boffins at the University always make such a claim; their dull lives demand they say so, always new, always exciting--baloney!"

"Always," he mimics, with a smirk on his face.

"Screw you, McCarthy."

Marie Lambeau listens to the two students arguing on the next bench to hers. The Massachusetts sun is hidden by cloud, and what with the chill breeze, which blows dead leaves around the plaza, she feels very cold. She decides to take a peek inside the University's halls--maybe she'll luck upon a warm radiator.

You try to gain access . . . Influence 4 -1 [dice]0[/dice]

Image--Dammit! there goes her Action Phase next turn.

Marie forces a stuck classroom door and succeeds, but stumbles forward when it opens unexpectedly. The photon beam, directed at the target pinned to the back of the door, fires and zaps Marie smack in the centre of her forehead. Students and professors in white lab coats look on aghast. She hears a shocked intake of breaths, someone giggles, another cries out, one exclaims, "I say Philpotts, the darkie's copped it!"

Marie vanishes. She stands at the foot of an endless slope, in a blue and turquoise lit world, and green ethereal planets revolve round her swishing as they orbit, like a retreating wave upon a pebble beach.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy
[Image

Turn 7 Encounter Phase
Tony heads out into the jungle to find the exact epicenter of the earthquake. Once there, he locates a clearing with an ancient obsidian altar strangely intact in the midst of all of the destruction. A screaming woman is tied to it, and a robed figure looms over her with a serrated blade gripped in both hands, ready to plunge it into her heart. "The end is nigh!" he roars.

Even if Tony hadn't read a madman's journal, he would have known what was about to happen. He bull rushes the cultist and tackles him to the ground, quickly disarming him and slapping the handcuffs on him. "Yeah, for you!" he spits back. Using the dagger, he cuts the terrified woman's bonds and sets her free, but she is too distraught to be coherent.

"The end is nigh for all!" shouts the cultist. "The stars shall soon be right!"
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4879004/]Horror check (2 + 1[Cultist] + 2[Cultist's Journal] = 5 dice), encountering the Cultist, Turn 7 (5d6.hits(5)=2)[/url] 1 Focus spent to use Handcuffs to defeat Cultist. 1 Focus gained. Eldritch token placed on Mystery.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:29 am
by Tabs
Turn 7, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: blue constellation

Reckoning effects:

Image 3 2 1 Eldritch token*

Edit: Norman spends a Clue and Sanity to prevent discarding 1 Eldritch token from the "Web Between Worlds" Mystery. *2 Eldritch tokens

Spawn Gate: London (blue constellation) and

Image Image

Mystery 1 of 2 solved! 2nd Mystery:

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:46 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 8 Action Phase

Norman Withers boarded the ship to take him to Istanbul. The wound in his back still bothered him. His dreams of late had been quite bizarre with exotic cities and weird creatures. Hopefully he could rest on the boat.

1) Rest Recover 1 Sanity and 1 Health
[dice]0[/dice]
Flips Relic, Discard Relic to Place a Eldritch Token on Relics of the Ancient World

2) Travel to istanbul

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:05 pm
by Tabs

Turn 8, Action Phase, The Amazon

Action 1: Travel to space 7.
Action 2: gain 1 Focus.

Diana decides to visit the Panama Canal, and take time to gather herself--some "me" time.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 8 Action Phase
Tony turns the captive cultist over to the British colonial authorities and then continues his safari across Africa, eventually reaching Cape Town. Unfortunately, he is a stranger here, and people give him a wide berth.
OOC,Action 1: Travel: The Heart of Africa->15 Action 2: Acquire Assets: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4881900/]Influence roll (2 + 2[Improvement] = 4 dice), Acquire Assets, Turn 8 (4d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. I don't think it's worth giving up my Funding just for Consecration. What I really want is the Lodge Researcher or the Urban Guide. I could spending the Funding and take a Debt Condition for four successes, but that could come back to bite me. I'll save it and hopefully get to use it on another turn.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:08 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 8 Encounter Phase

Norman lays down to sleep in his hotel room in Istanbul. The trip from Cairo was very taxing on him and he needed the rest. With a start Norman awakes in the bed to see a shifting blue light coming from under the door to the hallway. Norman still groggy from his sleep stumbles to the door and opens it. A blast of frigid air hit him as a broad plain of ice stretches out before him. The sun shines brightly from the blue sky. Confused Norman turns around and his room is gone only bright cold ice for as far as he can see with a titanic mountain range in the distance. The cold gnaws at his bones as he looks around for some clue to where and why he would be here. His eyes rest on a crystal pedestal about 15 feet away. Brightly colored gems wink and shift on it's surface in a hypnotic rhythm. Suddenly the ground shakes and the ice all around begins to creak and break apart. Pieces of ice a hundred yards long begin to shatter and rise into the air. Norman sees the gems blink faster and faster on the circular table before him and without knowing why he traces the pattern with his fingers. A door appears just like the one in his hotel and without a hesitation Norman runs to it. A large leather bag catches his eye and he grabs it as he leaps through the door with a blinding flash of light.

Norman wakes in his bed. Sweat flowing from his forehead. A dream. A nightmare. But then he sees the leather bag laying next to his bed covered in snow.

[dice]0[/dice]
Success! Will encounter clue in Anarctica. With 3 successes encounter runs normally.

Spoiler:
[dice]2[/dice]
discard this roll
[dice]1[/dice]
Spend 1 Focus to re-roll and get the third dice for a success
Gain Clue and get a Relic Unique Asset. Spend the Clue to get a Unique Relic Asset.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:16 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 8 - Encounter Phase

[dice]0[/dice] - success on the Lore Check

[dice]1[/dice] - success on the Spot Check

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:00 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 8 Encounter Phase
Tony Morgan finally locates a seedy dive bar late at night and makes his way inside past two musclebound goons flanking the entrance. He had been told that he might find information here, but it would cost him. He makes his way to the back, where there is a curtained archway guarded by another pair of thugs. They block his path. "I'm here to see the boss," he says.

"Nobody sees the boss," says one.

"I've got money."

The guards look at each other. "Let's see it."

"I don't have it with me."

"Then you don't get to see the boss."

"But he's expecting me." The goons guffawed. "What? What's so funny?"

"You. You're an idiot. If you really knew the boss, you'd know that she's a lady."

"Oops."

"Now we're gonna beat you to a jelly!" They both grab him and raise their fists.

"Wait!" says a woman's voice from behind the curtain. An elegant arm reaches out and beckons. "I'll see him. If I'm not pleased with him, you can have him when I'm done."

The guards shrug and shove him through the archway into a private office. A beautiful blonde woman in a little black dress stands before him. "Have a seat, Mister..." She gestures to a luxurious armchair facing a mahogany desk.

"Morgan. Tony Morgan," he says. What have I gotten myself into? he thinks, gulping. He sits down, figuring it's best to do what she wants. "Why did you decide to let me in, Miss..."

"Jacqueline Bauer." She steps behind him and rubs his shoulders. "Let's just say I have a soft spot for handsome idiots...as long as they have money. You mentioned having money."

"That's right. I'm looking for information."

"Well, you've come to the right place. I run this town."

"The mayor might beg to differ."

She laughs gently. "That joker? He does what I tell him. And if he ever stops, I just replace him with a new joker. So, what do you want to know?"

"There's all sorts of weird stuff going on in the world. Some sort of astronomical alignment that threatens everything. Apparently the only way to stop it is to find a bunch of ancient relics and...do stuff with them."

"You're very articulate, Mr. Morgan."

"Thanks." Her sarcasm completely goes over Tony's head. "I took lessons."

"I might be able to help you out...but it'll cost you."

"How much?" She whispers a figure into his ear, and his eyes go wide. "That much?"

"Can you pay or not?"

"I can. I have a Swiss bank account with just enough funds in it to cover it." He gives her the number of the account that the mysterious benefactor had given him.

Jacqueline strides over to her desk, picks up the telephone, dials it, and speaks. "I need you to transfer some funds into my account from the account I give you." She rattles off the number. "Let me know as soon as the wire goes through." She waits for a minute. "Cheers." She then hangs up the phone and walks back over to Tony. "The money was there all right. That means you get to live...and I'll tell you what you want to know." She leans over his shoulder and whispers in his ear again.
OOC,Funding discarded instead of taking a Debt Condition. Unique Task Asset gained. I can always take Debt if I go shopping later.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:07 am
by Tabs

Turn 8, Encounter Phase, Lost in Time and Space

The silhouette of a man towers before Marie, standing behind a veil of shimmering stars. She hears the being's voice in her mind, offering an escape from this emptiness.

"If you will gain a Dark Pact--" the silhouette begins, but it stops after reading her aura. "Singer from the swamps, you already have a hex on you. I cannot help you, Marie Lambeau. You will return, but not to a place of your choosing."

She falls, but not to the ground, upwards, beyond the green, ethereal planets and further into nothingness. Marie glides by a huge insect who is propelling itself through space with powerful wings and buzzing like a dread whisper, and then she is lying upon a sidewalk with a crowd of faces staring down at her.

"Señora , ¿estás bien?"

Spawn Gate: Buenos Aires (blue constellation) and

ImageImage and Omen advances by 1 (blue constellation [left hand]). Edit: Doom advances 2 (11 down to 9)--that's London and Buenos Aires.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:06 am
by Tabs
Turn 8, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: green comet. Doom advances by 1 (11 down to 10). Edit: Doom advances 1 (9 down to 8).

Monster Surge: Tunguska ImageImage ImageImage

Spawn Clues: Tokyo and space 17.

Text effect: (see "Chat")

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:00 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 9 Action Phase - Istanbul

The Turkish police picked up Norman at the train station and took him in for quesitioning. Norman could not understand why they wanted him and after 8 hours of interigation he still didn't know. They then threw him in a cell for two days before releasing him with out a explanation.

Action:
Recover from being Delayed

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:05 pm
by Tabs

Turn 9, Action Phase, Buenos Aires

Action 1: Bone Pipes vs. Mi-go.

Image ImageImage
Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]0[/dice] Marie spends 1 Sanity and the Mi-go loses 2 Health.

Action 2: Travel to space 8 -> Ship Ticket to Arkham.

Extra Action: Component Action, Bone Pipes vs. Spinner of Webs (Cast Voice of Ra, spend 1 Health to do so.)

Image Image 6 4

Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]1[/dice] Marie spends 1 Sanity (3 down to 2) and Spinner of Webs loses 2 Health (4 down to 2).

Marie is helped up off of the sidewalk and walked over to a low brick wall by a friendly pedestrian.

"Muchas gracias," she says.

She sits hunched, feeling disorientated and tired, so tired. She wants to give up this quest and stay in bed for a week. Marie thinks of grand-mère's green tomato chutney liberally spread over slabs of cheese inside soft white bread . . . I wish I could stop and go home, but not yet, "not yet," she says aloud, a passerby gives her a "look."

Help her, help Diana. The one who helped her in Arkham is in Buenos Aires too, and Diana must face the huge insect. Determinedly, Marie grabs the Bone Pipes and blows into it, her eyes screwed-up in concentration, and produces a sweet tune.

Happy and feeling reenvigorated, alive again, she boards ship for Bermuda and then Arkham, where she'll play the Bone Pipes to hurt the Spinner of Webs.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:42 pm
by Mr. Handy

Turn 9 Action Phase
Before Tony leaves, Jacqueline tells him where to find the local chapter of the Silver Twilight Lodge and gives him a letter of introduction. Dropping her name and Carl Sanford's gets him through the door and into the office of Rebecca Waite, a researcher for the Lodge. After exchanging secret handshakes, Tony fills her in on the threat to the world.

"That certainly is of concern," Rebecca says. "We are aware of the impending alignment, and what you've told me makes sense. I'd been meaning to go to India to hunt for ancient relics that I've got a few leads on, so our interests do coincide. Besides, I wouldn't want the world to be destroyed. That's where I keep all my stuff! I'll work with you, in exchange for a favor to be named later."

"Sure," says Tony. "Sounds reasonable." He has no idea what she might want, but he doesn't see any problem. They're both members of the Lodge with a common interest in saving the world, so it never occurs to him that the price might be too high to pay. Besides, he's a sucker for a pretty face.

"Excellent." Rebecca tents her fingers in a way that would seem ominous to Tony were he paying attention. "I can be packed and ready to leave on a ship bound for India at dawn. We'll meet at the docks. A pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Morgan."
OOC,Action 1: Acquire Assets: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4885041/]Influence roll (2 + 2[Improvement] = 4 dice), Acquire Assets, Turn 9 (4d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. Debt Condition acquired for two additional successes. Lodge Researcher acquired. Action 2: Travel: 15->17

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:20 am
by Tabs

Turn 9, Action Phase, space 7

Action 1: gain a Train Ticket.

Actin 2: Travel to Buenos Aires.

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:00 pm
by Mr. Handy

Turn 9 Encounter Phase
After Tony and Rebecca check into their hotel in Calcutta, Tony retires to his room and has an extremely disturbing dream about an ancient civilization fighting unspeakable horrors. Their fight is in vain, however, and the civilization is destroyed. He awakens in a cold sweat, wondering if the same thing will happen to modern civilization.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4885740/]Lore roll (2 dice) during Research Encounter, Turn 9 (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4885741/]Reroll of Lore roll die during Research Encounter, spending 1 Focus, Turn 9 (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [b]Tony[/b] loses 2 Sanity. D'oh! :cry:

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:52 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 9 - Encounter Phase

Cast Wither Spell - [dice]0[/dice] - Pass

Image Card flipped, 2+: The magic takes hold in your target's body. No additional effect.

Horror test: [dice]1[/dice]

Combat Mi-go - - 3 successes

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 am
by Tabs
Horror test, Diana vs. Mi-go: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:26 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 9 Encounter Phase - Istanbul

Seyit Cabuk had been locked up in the Turkish prison for over a week ever since he was arrested in connection of the death of several respected businessmen. While the police had actually gotten something right for a change and arrested the right man, they were wrong about the dead men. In fact they were not men at all. But a pack of flesh eating ghouls that impersonated men. Seyit had hunted them down and finished them off only to run into the group of police. Seyit looked at the tattoos that crisscrossed his body. To a laymen's eyes they were just interesting designs to but to him they were protective charms against evil. Seyit thought about escaping but that would require him to use his special talents to kill the innocent and that was something he could not do. Was this the end for him.

At that moment the cell door opened and a guard and a elderly white gentlemen looked at him. "Mr. Cabuk. I am Norman Withers." the old man said holding a piece of paper in his hands. "I have gotten you released. Though it did cost me." The man smiled. "Let's get you out of here and I will explain everything. I need your help in a very important matter."
Spoiler:

ImageImageImage

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:11 am
by Tabs

Turn 9, Encounter Phase, Arkham

Marie touches the $20 check--she was paid it for a cabaret job in the Philippines, which is inside her parka pocket. The queues to either side of her advance steadily toward their bank teller, but her's is like a rock on the shoreline. A strange man, wearing a striped corduroy jacket, stomps away from the teller at the top of her queue and halts beside Marie.

"No more credit," he mutters, "I have literally nothing to eat!" Marie cannot help but overhear.

"These are tough times, sir. I'll buy you a sandwich, if you like," she offers.

When the strange man bites into his sandwich slices of onion and dollops of mayonnaise fall to the floor. Between chomps he slides over a tatty book. "You're into witchery and all that, I can tell. Persuade me to sell to you this."

Influence 4 [dice]0[/dice]

Edit: I forgot the -1 penalty for the test, but Marie still passed.

Image Image

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:17 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 9 - Encounter Phase - Other World Encounter

Lore Check - [dice]0[/dice] - Pass

Confidence Check - [dice]1[/dice] - Pass - Close Gate!! :)

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:36 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: blue constellation [right-hand side]. Advance Doom by 1 (8 down to 7)--would've been by 2, well done to Diana for closing the Gate.

Reckoning effects: Monsters on game board ImageImage

Hunting Horror flies to Istanbul and attacks Norman Withers. :!:

Mythos cards in play:

Image 3 2 1 Eldritch token

Tony Morgan at space 17 and Norman Withers at Istanbul test Observation.

Possessions and Conditions:

To be continued . . .

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:34 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 9 Mythos Phase

[dice]0[/dice]

Flip and Discard to place Eldritch Token on Relics of the World

ImageImage
Horror Check [dice]1[/dice] Lose 3 Sanity
Combat Check [dice]2[/dice] Hunting Horror takes 1 damage. Norman takes 1 Health Damage.

Observation Check [dice]3[/dice]
Not Delayed or Detained!!

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:28 pm
by Mr. Handy

Turn 9 Mythos Phase
In the morning, Tony and Rebecca set out from their hotel, only to bump into a squad of Indian soldiers led by a British officer that he somehow had failed to notice. "You will come with us, please," says the officer in a tone that makes it clear that this is not a mere request.
OOC,D'oh! :o

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:27 am
by Tabs
Flip and Discard to place Eldritch Token on Relics of the World
:)

Image 2 Eldritch tokens

Tony Morgan is detained by the British Raj.

"Patrolling the Border" Observation 3 [dice]0[/dice]

Diana Stanley is detained by the Argentinian Junta.

"Patrolling the Border" Observation 2 [dice]1[/dice]

Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]2[/dice]

1-2: Stress and fatigue wears at you. Lose 1 Sanity. (2 down to 1.) :!:

[dice]3[/dice]

Tony Morgan's Debt Condition flipped:

Hmmm. Doom is dropping fast, but we've nearly solved the 2nd Mystery . . . I reckon he should gain a Dark Pact?

[I'll finish resolving the Mythos card later on.]

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:19 pm
by Tabs
Spawn Gate: San Francisco (green comet) and ImageImage Giant Penguin to Antarctica.

Text effect: Lead Investigator Tony Morgan gains Image

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:16 pm
by Mr. Handy

Turn 9 Mythos Phase
The soldiers escort their prisoners through the alleys of Calcutta. Tony hears a ticking sound nearby, and a man in a fine black suit stands in the shadows. "I can help you," he tells Tony. "All you have to do is repay me, with a favor to be named later."

Tony frowns. "I don't know about this..."

"The stakes are too high," Rebecca tells him. "We need all the help we can get. Take him up on his offer. Sometimes sacrifices must be made."

"Well...all right, what's one more favor I owe? Hey, if the world is destroyed, I won't have to pay anyone back."

The man vanishes back into the shadows. If the soldiers had seen him, they gave no sign. Soon they arrive at the local prison, where they take their captives to a cell block. They lock Rebecca in one cell and Tony in an adjacent one. A priest sits on a cot in the cell on the other side, and Tony recognizes him instantly. "Father Merluzzo!" he exclaims, turning to Rebecca for a moment. "He's my old Sunday school teacher! Father, what are you doing here?"

"I believe the expression is 'cooling my heels,' my son," says the priest.
OOC,Dark Pact gained.

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:49 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 10 Action Phase

Norman fled through the confined streets of Istanbul, blood dripping from the claw marks across his arm. His mind was reeling from the shock of the attack just a few minutes ago. The creature or what ever it was had crashed through the window of his hotel room and attack them. What was it? Some serpentine thing with claws, tentacles and multiple lidless eyes. It could not should not be. Seyit had saved them. He had pushed the Professor and Norman out the door and yelled for them to run. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Seyit draw a curved dagger and face the beast. Norman moaned. What chance did he have against the abomination?

It felt like they where running for hours when Seyit stepped out of the shadows ahead of them. "Are you all right." Seyit said with a worried look on his face. Norman stopped and tried to stop shaking. "I ....I don't know....." Norman stuttered. Seyit looked Norman over. "We need to get out of Istanbul. Do you know anyone who could help us?" Seyit said looking around as if the thing would attack at any moment. A idea suddenly popped in to Norman's mind. "Bombay...we need to get to Bombay. I have a friend there." Suddenly the sound of police whistles came from behind them. In a harsh whisper Seyit said. "We need to run....."

1) Hunting Horror loses 1 Health (down to 1)

2) Move to 17

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:22 pm
by Tabs

Turn 10, Action Phase, Arkham

Action 1: Rest to gain 1 Health and 1 Sanity, and cast

Lore 3 +1[improvement] +1[Ritual Dagger] [dice]0[/dice] Marie gains 1 additional Health and Sanity. Card flipped, 2+: Your body is cleansed and mended. That investigator may discard 1 Illness or Injury Condition.

Action 2: use Bone Pipes

Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]1[/dice] spend 1 Sanity, Spinner of Webs loses 2 Health.

Image Image 6 4 2 0 Defeated and Rumor solved.

Extra Action (cast Voice of Ra, spend 1 Health): Rest to gain 1 Health and 1 Sanity, and cast

Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]2[/dice] Marie gains 1 additional Health and Sanity. Card flipped, 1+: The magic weaves itself with your dreams, affording you a restful night's sleep. No additional effect.

"Y'know," says Marie to the penniless sandwich eater, but she doesn't continue; she was about to offload the story of her tribulations--her globe hopping adventures and long-distance fight against Spinner of Webs and her journey into space and--"y'know what, sir, you're dripping mayonnaise everywhere." Who would believe her anyway?

Between invigorating sleeps she takes out the Bone Pipes again. The corpulent spider is still scuttling around an ice cave in Greenland, grievously wounded, but alive all the same and capable of ending, well, ending Earth. She blows into the pipes and her ears are delighted at the sweet sound. She flicks her thumb out from under her chin and grins Get Lost! The Spinner of Webs curls its legs round its bloated abdomen and crashes against the ice cave dislodging stalactites, which slice into the quavering, dying spider.

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:55 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 10 Encounter Phase - Space 17

On the train ride from Istanbul to Bombay, I ran into Professor Rice and his assistant. With all that had been going on it was nice to discuss normal scholarly things. The professor was headed to the Himalayas to study a Tibetan monastery there. Rice's assistant brought up the subject of tides and there effect on Archaeology. He soon put forward a pet theory about some sort of background radiation produced by the core of the earth that effected tides and sea life. Which soon lead to the idea of a humanoid fish people inhabiting the deep waters of the oceans. With all the events of the past few weeks it was like adding a tooth pick to a already over stressed damn in my mind. Wild thoughts begin to swim in my head like the fish men the young student had proposed living in the stygian depths. My left eye twitched. But with a herculean effort, I calmed myself and begin to dissect the young man's theories piece by piece. Professor Rice was so impressed with my discourse that he offered to travel with me and my entourage and to help out on our mission.

Research Encounter

Drum Roll Please..........
[dice]0[/dice]

Wow...just Wow....

Gain Professor Rice Unique Asset. Looking at the Professor Rice card, I also gain a Relic Unique Asset!!

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 10 Encounter Phase
The following weeks are a blur, as the prisoners are interrogated constantly and are not fed. Tony wishes he knew what his captors wanted to know, so he could tell them, but as usual he has no idea about what they're asking him. Finally, they release him and his friends without a word of explanation or apology. "Man, am I starving!" he exclaims. "I could eat a whole cow. I don't care if it is sacred here."
OOC,Strength - 1 roll (2 dice) during Detained Encounter, Turn 10: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Tony[/b] loses 2 Health and gains Hunger Condition.

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:16 pm
by Tabs

Turn 10, Encounter Phase, Arkham/The Future

Her charred surroundings; the swarm of beetle-like creatures . . . This is The Future? Marie's eyes search frantically to find some central location from which they originate.

Observation 2 -1 [dice]0[/dice]

One of the beetles races up her back, before she can brush the thing off of her shoulder, it inserts a shiny proboscis into her ear.

. . .tries to dominate your mind Will 2 -1 [dice]1[/dice]

Two new appendages appear at Marie's waist. Where did those sprout from? she wonders curiously but without alarm. She drops forward onto her six legs, and scuttles away to a derelict building--she has the urge to eat something made of wood and, also, hopes that it will be rotten from decay.

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:06 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 10 - Encounter Phase

Diana had been in her cell for some time thinking of what terrible spell she could cast on her captors that might equal or best the treatment she had received. Her jailer, however, held all all her notes and Tomes that might be of any use to her in such a desperate time.

Then suddenly she awoke and realized that the two adjacent cells next to her were empty and three men in uniform holding regulation nightsticks stood in front of her cell door.

Oh crackers... Diana thought.

The cell door opened.

Diana was about to get the beating of her life as her wracked her brain for anything that might help her.

I know where some cultists are staying in your city... Real psychos... They've killed children... I'll tell you where they are if you let me go...

The officers smiled and opened the door and laugh.

We were going to let you go seniorita... but thanks for the tip!!

That was one lead Diana couldn't follow up on.

Spoiler:
Diana spends 1 clue to avoid a serious beating.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:49 am
by Tabs
Turn 10, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: red sun. Doom advances 1 (7 down to 6). 1 Eldritch token (2nd) placed on the red sun.

Monster surge: at Arkham ImageImage ImageImage

Spawn Clues: at London and The Pyramids.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:25 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 11 Action Phase

1) Rest
Recover 1 Health and 1 Sanity
[dice]0[/dice]
Flip Card and Discard to Place Eldritch Token on Relics of the Ancient World Mystery

[dice]1[/dice]
Flip Card and Discard to Place Eldritch Token on Relics of the Ancient World Mystery

2) Move to Shanghai

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 11 Action Phase
"I can't believe you ate the whole thing!" says Father Merluzzo.

"I told you I could, Father," says Tony. "I'm still starving! I could eat another."

"I think we've had enough for now," says Rebecca. "As much as I've enjoyed this feast, time is growing short, and we have to be moving. I suggest we head to London."
OOC,Nicely done! :D I decided to head to Istanbul instead and take on the Hunting Horror now. If I beat it, I'll just take a general City Encounter, as my Influence is already at maximum. Then I'll head towards London. I can cuff the Goat Spawn and try to close the Gate there when I arrive, but I'll need to Rest again next turn unless Hunger gets flipped. Action 1: Rest: Roll to get rid of Hunger Condition: [dice]0[/dice] 1 Health and 1 Sanity gained. Action 2: Travel: 17->Istanbul

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:52 am
by Tabs

Turn 11, Action Phase, Buenos Aires

Action 1: Rest and gain 1 Sanity (3 to 4) and 1 Stamina (7).

Action 2: Travel to The Amazon.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:55 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 11 Encounter Phase -Shanghai

While walking through the port of Shanghai looking to possible hire a steamer up to Tokyo. Norman spots a old fisherman leaning over a to grab something out of the water. Suddenly what appears to scaly hand reaches up out of the water and pulls the man in. The old man quickly sinks into the inky water with hardly a struggle. Norman does not even think when he jumps into the dark water. Diving down Norman grasps blindly about and finally grabs hold of the old mans shirt. Straining to pull the man up a unseen force begins to drag them both down. Norman will not let go but it seems to strong for him. Then someone or something grabs Norman by the collar and pulls him up. They break the surface with Seyit holding on to Norman and Norman holding onto the old man. The climb back onto the dock sputtering and coughing up water. The old man looks at Norman. "Thank you kind sir. I feared that was the end of me." The old Chinese man pulls out a jade coin from his pocket. "Here keep this! It will guard you when things are dire."

[dice]0[/dice]

Gain the Blessed Condition

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 11 Encounter Phase
The train lets Tony and his friends out in Istanbul at night. "I've heard about a mysterious shop in Istanbul," says Rebecca. "It's very hard to find, but it has extremely rare books that could be helpful. We should look for it."

"All right," says Tony. "We'll seek it out in the morning. Let's find a hotel." As they walk through the darkened streets, something swoops down from above and wraps itself around Tony's neck! WIth perfect coolness, he grabs hold of the creature and pulls it free, then bashes it to death against a wall. "What the heck was that thing?"

"A Hunting Horror," says Rebecca. "They're very deadly, but they can't stand light."

"Or being smashed to death, it seems."

"It looks like it was already wounded, Otherwise, you wouldn't have stood a chance."

"Yeah, well, I still feel much better."

In the morning the threesome head to the library to research this strange shop. It appears that it never shows up in the same place twice, and customers who are lucky enough to find it have reported that it had been gone when they looked back after leaving. Somehow, Tony spots a pattern to the appearances of the shop and is able to predict where it will be next. Sure enough, when they head to that location, they find an ancient-looking shop without a sign. They step inside, and it's like stepping back in time a few centuries. The interior is dimly lit by lanterns, and it is filled with shelves with all manner of books. Behind the dusty counter, a wrinkled old man in a robe and turban smiles at them. "Welcome, effendi," he says.

"Do you sell books?" asks Tony.

"No, of course not. These shelves full of tomes are just for show."

"Oh."

"Of course I sell books! And I have the perfect one for you." He takes one off of a shelf, blows the dust from its cover, and hands it to Tony. "The first one is free. A reward for finding my shop."

"How do you stay in business?"

"Once people see what I have to offer, they will pay any price for more. I also sell various items of power. Can I interest you in a monkey's paw? It grants wishes!"

"Don't take it, my son," says Father Merluzzo. "Such things are cursed tools of the devil!"

"Yeah, you're right," says Tony. "I'll just take the book, thanks."
OOC,Will 2 - 1 [Hunting Horror] +2 [Cultist's Journal] roll (3 dice) encountering Hunting Horror, Turn 11: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Father Merluzzo[/b] adds 1 success, for a total of 3. No Sanity lost! 8-) Strength 3 +2[Cultist's Journal] roll (5 dice) encountering Hunting Horror, Turn 11: [dice]1[/dice] Hunting Horror defeated. 1 Focus gained. 1 Clue and 1 Sanity gained. Hunting Horror placed on Purifying the World. Lore 2 -2[City Encounter] roll (1 die minimum), City Encounter, Turn 11: [dice]2[/dice] Woohoo! :D Tome Artifact gained!

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:47 am
by Tabs

Turn 11, Encounter Phase, Lost in Time and Space

With bulging cheeks, like Don Corleone, Marie floats with nothing beneath her feet but empty space. She dares a peek down, but the void makes her feel dizzy with fright; and, most odd, a smooth plain extends vertically on either side of her, up and down. A smartly dressed gentleman presents himself before her, removing his hat with a flourish.

"You are in the space between worlds," he says, "what manner of being are you?" Curiously, the gentleman begins to melt, his features and clothing peel away to reveal a grinning ginger tom cat.

Marie spits out a cork-like mash. "Marie, I'm Marie Lambeau, a singer--" she stops answering, fascinated by the tom cat's twitching whiskers.

"A singer?" it asks, "Name me a song."

Influence 4 -1 [dice]0[/dice]

"Pinetops Boogie-woogie," she says lamely.

Spawn Gate: Istanbul (green comet) and ImageImage

Marie's token to space 21.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:00 pm
by Tabs

Turn 11, Encounter Phase, The Amazon

Observation 3 [dice]0[/dice]

Spend Clue to gain Image and 1 Clue.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:13 pm
by Tabs
Wow!

Turn 11, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: blue constellation [left-hand]. Doom advances 1 (6 down to 5).

Reckoning effects: Monsters on game board,
ImageImage [dice]0[/dice]

Shoggoth recovers all Health.

Possessions and Conditions, Marie: Voice of Ra and Dark Pact, Tony: Father Merluzzo and Hunger, Norman: Blessed and Agreement, Diana: Mysterious Idol.

To be continued . . .

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:02 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 11, Mythos Phase - Norman Withers

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 11 Mythos Phase
Tony sneezes from the dust blown off of the book's cover.

"God bless you, my son," says Father Merluzzo. Though he only says it as a formality, Tony takes it to heart.

"I've heard of this ancient book," says Rebecca. "It is called the T'tka Halot. It has the power to smite your enemies, striking down all but the toughest."

"Yeah, that does sound right up my alley," says Tony, ignoring his rumbling stomach.
OOC,Roll to see if I gain a Blessing from Father Merluzzo: [dice]0[/dice] Will roll (2 dice) for Hunger Condition: [dice]1[/dice] Roll for Dark Pact [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:03 pm
by Tabs
@Mr. Handy, I forgot Tony's Dark Pact, I've drawn one for him now. How did he get it?

Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]0[/dice]

1-2: Stress and fatigue wears at you. Lose 1 Sanity. (4 down 3.)

[dice]1[/dice]--oh, no.

The sun is blazing down on a dry and dusty landscape. Marie sits up, from where she is sprawled upon a cracked, clay riverbed in a gully, and squints at the figure on the bank above her. The native is stood upon one leg, the other is folded with his foot resting upon his knee, and is balanced by a tall spear grasped with a sinewy hand.

"Me Warrigal," begins the aborigine, "you gin? which mob?"

Marie is at a loss, what to say or do? "I'm a creole lady, granddaddy, many generations ago, was a Huguenot---"

"Wa?" he barks, angry because he doesn't understand--and he being so proud of his English. The aborigine approaches Marie with stop-start bounds down the bank, which throw up clouds of sand.

Marie closes her eyes and begins to cry. Grand-mère, have I failed you?

Warrigal slides his spear under her chin and deep into her throat.

The Doppelgänger loses 1 Health (5 down to 4).

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:43 pm
by Tabs
Turn 11, Mythos Phase continued

Spawn Gate: The Amazon (red sun) and ImageImage

Text effect: Istanbul ImageImage,

The Amazon Image Image,

London ImageImage,

Arkham Image Image,

Tunguska Image Image.

San Francisco ImageImage,

Expedition space ImageImage,

Mystic Ruins space ImageImage

Each investigator encounters each Monster on his space: Tony - Doppleganger and Ghast, Norman - Cultist, Diana - Cultist and Wendigo.

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:30 pm
by Quatermass

Mythos Phase Turn 11 Combat Encounter Shanghai Mystic Ruins

Horror 2
Toughness 3

Horror Check
[dice]0[/dice]
Combat Check
[dice]1[/dice]

0 Sanity Loss and Cultist destroyed with 4 damage.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 11 Mythos Phase
Tony and his friends leave the shop. Looking back, he finds that it has mysteriously vanished! Before he has a chance to get his bearings, a strange white-furred beast rushes him from around a corner. He calmly sidesteps it, tackles it, and slaps his handcuffs on it.

"Well done," says an attractive dark-skinned woman who rounds the corner. "I'll take it from here."

"Who are you?" asks Tony, confused.

"I'm Marie Lambeau. I'm a friend of Norman's."

"Oh, okay." Tony has no reason not to take her at her word.
OOC,Horror check (Will 2 - 1[Ghast] + 2[Cultist's Journal] = 3 dice) encountering the Ghast. [dice]0[/dice] No Sanity lost. Spend 1 Focus to use Handcuffs. Ghast defeated. 1 Focus gained. 1 Clue and 1 Sanity gained. Ghast placed on Purifying the World. Observation check (Observation 4 - 1[Doppelganger] = 3 dice) encountering the Doppleganger. [dice]2[/dice] It's a shame that [b]Marie[/b] got devoured, but it fits thematically that this happened when the double took her place.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:03 pm
by Tabs
Norman obliterated the Cultist.
Marie got devoured, but it fits thematically
Eldritch Horror always has these coincidences. . . .

Diana still has to fight the Cultist and Wendigo. The 2nd Mystery is solved (thanks to Norman), let's see the flipped AO card.

2 Clues placed on sheet. Mystic Ruins deck shuffled--space 3 (Easter Island).

And our new team member:

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:24 am
by DSIGFUSS

Diana Turn 11 Mythos Phase

Image Image and ImageImage--Horror 2, toughness 3 (Will +1, damage 1)

Horror Test Wendigo [dice]0[/dice] - 1 Success - lose 1 sanity.
Combat Wendigo [dice]1[/dice] - 3 Hits Defeat Wendigo and gains back one sanity.

Hunger Condition [dice]4[/dice] - Diana Gains a Hunger Condition.

Horror Test Cultist [dice]2[/dice] - Fail - Lose 2 Sanity
Combat Cultist [dice]3[/dice] - 3 Hits - Defeats cultist and gains back one sanity.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:14 pm
by Tabs
A complex Combat, there are some adjustments to make (noted by Quatermass).

1 success for the Horror test vs. Wendigo is enough; Combat test has a -1 penalty, so deduct 1 die, therefore Diana scored 2 hits and the Wendigo is defeated but bites her for a 1 Stamina loss. Also she recovers 1 Sanity from Sword of Saint Jerome.

[dice]0[/dice]

Diana's passive ability reduces horror of Monsters to 1, so 1 Sanity loss for Horror test vs. Cultist. Also she recovers 1 Sanity from Sword of Saint Jerome.

All in all a net 1 Stamina loss and 1 Sanity gain.

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:34 am
by Tabs

Turn 12, Action Phase, space 15

Action 1: gain Ship Ticket.

Action 2: Travel to space 11 and use Ship Ticket to continue on to Buenos Aires.

The ocean vessel departs Cape Town with an unusual steerage passenger, Akachi Onyele, the Shaman. Akachi, dressed in Nigerian robes and carrying her staff with its jingle cones, stands at the stern rail and peers down at the ship's wake. Night falls early, so early in fact that she wonders if the sun has been eclipsed. Has it started? she thinks, communicating her thought to the village dibia. She watches a delightful pod of dolphins at play in the churning, phosphorescent water.

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:03 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 12 Action Phase

The signs and portents were there. The end was coming soon unless something is done. Norman and his colleagues busily send telegrams across the globe to warn those in power and with the skills to help. He only hoped there was time.......

1) Acquire Asset
[dice]0[/dice]
Gain
Spend 1 Clue and 1 Sanity to Retreat Doom by 1!!

2) Move to Space 20

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:59 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 12 Action Phase
"That book you carry," says Marie pointing to it. "Give it to me. I can make better use of it than you can."

"That book is a tool of the devil!" says Father Merluzzo. "Nobody should be using it."

"If we can use the devil's own tool against him," says Rebecca, "why shouldn't we? But I don't think we should give it to her. I don't trust her."
OOC,Action 1: Focus: 1 Focus gained. Action 2: T'tka Halot Component Action: Lore roll (2 dice): [dice]0[/dice] Reroll Lore die, spending 1 Focus: [dice]1[/dice] Reroll Lore die, spending 1 Focus: [dice]2[/dice] Reroll Lore die, spending 1 Clue: [dice]3[/dice] Reroll Lore die, spending 1 Clue: [dice]4[/dice]

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:18 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Diana Turn 12 Action Phase

Diana crumpled the scented letter from Charlie Kane’s assistant and sniffed. Join the cause… Travel the world… Save the world… What a pile of horse hooey…. That’s what they told her at least. It seemed to Diana, however, that Travel the world pretty much meant cart your belongings from Buenos Aires to The Amazon jungles and back…. rinse and repeat.
She had burned some bridges in Buenos Aires and sacrificed one to many innocent but if she was going to make it to Easter Island in time for the convergence, then the Bueos Aires port was the only way to go.

“At least I’ll have time to read through some of these old Tomes on the boat ride over”

Spoiler:
Diana travels to Buenos Aires and then uses her ship ticket to travel to Easter Island. There she spends an action to focus in preparation for her big Ruin encounter.

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:09 pm
by Quatermass

Turn 12 Encounter Phase

[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 12 Encounter Phase
Tony flips through the pages of the ancient tome, but he can't make any sense of it. "It looks like gibberish to me," he says.

"I told you," says Marie, "I'm better suited to make use of it. Give me the book!"

"Now hold on a minute!" says Tony, glowering suspiciously at her. "How come you're so eager to get your hands on it? Something's hinky here. How do I know you're really who you say you are, anyway? I've never met you before. You're supposed to be a singer, right? Sing me a song."

Marie begins to sing, but it comes out off-key.

"Ah HA!" roars Tony, sucker punching her square in the face.

"It wasn't that bad," says Father Merluzzo.

Marie takes the punch, somehow still standing on her feet. "That proves she's an impostor! She's not even human! Nobody could withstand that blow without falling down. She didn't even flinch!"

"I Marie?" she says.

"How stupid do you think I am? Wait, don't answer that."

The thing impersonating Marie takes off at a run, fleeing down the streets and alleys of Istanbul.
OOC,Observation roll 4 - 1[Doppelganger] (3 dice) encountering Doppelganger, Turn 12: [dice]0[/dice] I just realized that I lost 1 Sanity last turn because I failed the Observation roll, so I'll mark that off on my Investigator sheet. Combat roll: Strength 3 + 2[Cultist's Journal] - 1[Doppelganger] (4 dice), encountering Doppelganger, Turn 12: [dice]1[/dice] 3 damage to Doppelganger! It now has 1 Health. I'll probably stay in Istanbul and try to finish it off next turn. If there's a Reckoning, the Mysterious Idol should be used on Child of the Goat.

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:47 pm
by Tabs

Turn 12, Encounter Phase, Buenos Aires

Observation 2 -1 [dice]0[/dice] lose 1 Sanity.

"You are a tourist no?" says one of the well-dressed guides who greet the passengers as they disembark.

"How ever did you guess?" answers Akachi, with a smile and a glance back at the ship.

"I have never seen anyone dressed so--so splendidly," he says, and bows. "Señor Madreda, tour guide to the fabulous city of Buenos Aires, at your service."

She re-ties her hair braids, giving herself time to think. "Akachi Onyele," she holds out a hand. "Thank you, Señor Madreda, your services would be appreciated. However I don't have long here and must soon depart for Easter Island"--Akachi speaks in the formal English she learned at colonial school.

"Not long in Buenos Aires?" he says, "then you must visit Rufina Cambaceres."

An hour later they enter Recoleta Cemetery. Wending their way among the tombstones they find an exquisite mausoleum of white marble with flowing bands sculpted upon it.

Madreda respectfully crosses himself like the good Catholic he is. "Here lies Rufina, who died after her beloved was unfaithful--a tragic tale of beauty."

"The statue of Rufina is lovely."

"She discovered her fiancé's affair with her mother," continues Madreda, "and collapsed and died from shock. However, the tragedy does not finish there, several days after the church ceremony and prior to burial scratch marks were discovered inside the coffin. It is now understood that Rufina suffered from catalepsy, and had been buried alive."

Akachi stares up at the marble face and wonders about the poor girl's mental anguish and physical suffering.

Addendum: I've run out of creative puff. Imagine Akachi entering the mausoleum and discovering the dark magic used by the guilt-ridden lover, and Rufina's spectral voice from beyond.

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:02 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Diana Turn 12 Encounter Phase.

Diana stood in front of the great alter in absolute disbelief… She had come all this way to Easter Island only to be foiled by a massive block of stone. Coincidently it had one of those big stupid faces on it like the ones on the beach. But for all her effort she could not get the thing to budge. She now lay in front of the stone, blocking the entrance way to the ancient temple and the ritual that must be performed at midnight. She checked her watch. 11:59…. She had everything she needed to complete the ritual but just couldn’t reach the portal. She could feel the heat now through the stone and sighed. The stone began to crumble to dust as the unearthly fire began to surround her. Dianna laughed madly as she was engulfed in falme.

At least the stone went first. At least the stone went first!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

First Strength -1 Check - [dice]0[/dice] - Fail
Focus Token #1 - [dice]1[/dice] - Fail
Focus Token #2 - [dice]2[/dice] - Fail
Clue Token #1 - [dice]3[/dice] - Fail

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:14 pm
by Tabs
Turn 12, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: green comet. Doom advances 3 (4 down to 1).

Reckoning effects: Monsters on the game board,

ImageImage 4 Health tokens
[dice]0[/dice]

When Doom advances to zero, investigators lose the game.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:21 pm
by Tabs

The solar eclipse has begun, shrouding the Earth in darkness. Azathoth's gaze falls upon humanity. . . .

Upon Easter Island a spout of flame reaches up to the sun. Far away Akachi, in Recoleta Cemetery, Buenos Aires, has a vision of a hooded woman burning incandescently, her melting mouth agape and stretched by a silent scream.

"It's all over," she says sadly, and then to Señor Madreda, "Soon we will be gone. Dead, all of us, forever." A twilight covers the city, and the cemetery looks suitably crepuscular.

Madreda shivers. "Quick, Miss Onyele, inside the mausoleum: it will offer us some protection?"

Akachi and Madreda shelter inside the marble edifice. Outside it becomes frighteningly black, and a chill, which will never cease, creeps over the land.

"How long," Madreda says, and gulps, "how long have we got?" He begins to strike a series of matches.

"When the food runs out," she answers, "humanity will starve to death; most of us will linger for a few weeks, the cannibals . . . who knows? I shall hang myself rather than suffer."

"Do you think," he says, wetting his lips and shooting Akachi a glance, "we could--er--you know---"

Akachi Onyele, in the flickering light cast by a guttering match, faces Madreda across the tomb of Rufina Cambaceres, her dark oval eyes visibly widen and she smiles, although she feels forlorn. "Men are such idiots," she says mockingly.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:36 pm
by Quatermass

A Black Eclipse rises in the west. Earthquakes and storms of acid rain sweep the land. Norman laughs and laughs as the world falls.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Turn 12 Mythos Phase
Tony and his companions give chase, soon cornering the false Marie in a blind alley. "It's over," he says.

"Yes, you might say that," she says with a wicked grin. The sky suddenly darkens as the eclipse begins, and a gaping portal yawns in the wall behind her, through which a mix of colors swirl. "The stars have come right at last! Your world is doomed, foolish man, and it is my doing!"

"You've made one slight miscalculation - you're still on it!"

"Not for long." She steps backwards through the opening, vanishing from sight.

Fire begins to rain from the sky, lighting up the darkness a little. Without hesitation, Tony charges through the portal, followed by Rebecca and Father Merluzzo, into the unknown.