Strange Remnants

A cosmic alignment is coming, bringing with it humanity's doom. Singer Marie Lambeau, astronomer Norman Withers, politician Charlie Kane, and bounty hunter Tony Morgan must work together to try to save the world.

Moderator: Tabs

Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Re: Strange Remnants

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 10 Action Phase

Norman fled through the confined streets of Istanbul, blood dripping from the claw marks across his arm. His mind was reeling from the shock of the attack just a few minutes ago. The creature or what ever it was had crashed through the window of his hotel room and attack them. What was it? Some serpentine thing with claws, tentacles and multiple lidless eyes. It could not should not be. Seyit had saved them. He had pushed the Professor and Norman out the door and yelled for them to run. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Seyit draw a curved dagger and face the beast. Norman moaned. What chance did he have against the abomination?

It felt like they where running for hours when Seyit stepped out of the shadows ahead of them. "Are you all right." Seyit said with a worried look on his face. Norman stopped and tried to stop shaking. "I ....I don't know....." Norman stuttered. Seyit looked Norman over. "We need to get out of Istanbul. Do you know anyone who could help us?" Seyit said looking around as if the thing would attack at any moment. A idea suddenly popped in to Norman's mind. "Bombay...we need to get to Bombay. I have a friend there." Suddenly the sound of police whistles came from behind them. In a harsh whisper Seyit said. "We need to run....."

1) Hunting Horror loses 1 Health (down to 1)

2) Move to 17
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10, Action Phase, Arkham

Action 1: Rest to gain 1 Health and 1 Sanity, and cast

Lore 3 +1[improvement] +1[Ritual Dagger] [dice]0[/dice] Marie gains 1 additional Health and Sanity. Card flipped, 2+: Your body is cleansed and mended. That investigator may discard 1 Illness or Injury Condition.

Action 2: use Bone Pipes

Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]1[/dice] spend 1 Sanity, Spinner of Webs loses 2 Health.

Image Image 6 4 2 0 Defeated and Rumor solved.

Extra Action (cast Voice of Ra, spend 1 Health): Rest to gain 1 Health and 1 Sanity, and cast

Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]2[/dice] Marie gains 1 additional Health and Sanity. Card flipped, 1+: The magic weaves itself with your dreams, affording you a restful night's sleep. No additional effect.

"Y'know," says Marie to the penniless sandwich eater, but she doesn't continue; she was about to offload the story of her tribulations--her globe hopping adventures and long-distance fight against Spinner of Webs and her journey into space and--"y'know what, sir, you're dripping mayonnaise everywhere." Who would believe her anyway?

Between invigorating sleeps she takes out the Bone Pipes again. The corpulent spider is still scuttling around an ice cave in Greenland, grievously wounded, but alive all the same and capable of ending, well, ending Earth. She blows into the pipes and her ears are delighted at the sweet sound. She flicks her thumb out from under her chin and grins Get Lost! The Spinner of Webs curls its legs round its bloated abdomen and crashes against the ice cave dislodging stalactites, which slice into the quavering, dying spider.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 10 Encounter Phase - Space 17

On the train ride from Istanbul to Bombay, I ran into Professor Rice and his assistant. With all that had been going on it was nice to discuss normal scholarly things. The professor was headed to the Himalayas to study a Tibetan monastery there. Rice's assistant brought up the subject of tides and there effect on Archaeology. He soon put forward a pet theory about some sort of background radiation produced by the core of the earth that effected tides and sea life. Which soon lead to the idea of a humanoid fish people inhabiting the deep waters of the oceans. With all the events of the past few weeks it was like adding a tooth pick to a already over stressed damn in my mind. Wild thoughts begin to swim in my head like the fish men the young student had proposed living in the stygian depths. My left eye twitched. But with a herculean effort, I calmed myself and begin to dissect the young man's theories piece by piece. Professor Rice was so impressed with my discourse that he offered to travel with me and my entourage and to help out on our mission.

Research Encounter

Drum Roll Please..........
[dice]0[/dice]

Wow...just Wow....

Gain Professor Rice Unique Asset. Looking at the Professor Rice card, I also gain a Relic Unique Asset!!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 10 Encounter Phase
The following weeks are a blur, as the prisoners are interrogated constantly and are not fed. Tony wishes he knew what his captors wanted to know, so he could tell them, but as usual he has no idea about what they're asking him. Finally, they release him and his friends without a word of explanation or apology. "Man, am I starving!" he exclaims. "I could eat a whole cow. I don't care if it is sacred here."
OOC,Strength - 1 roll (2 dice) during Detained Encounter, Turn 10: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Tony[/b] loses 2 Health and gains Hunger Condition.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10, Encounter Phase, Arkham/The Future

Her charred surroundings; the swarm of beetle-like creatures . . . This is The Future? Marie's eyes search frantically to find some central location from which they originate.

Observation 2 -1 [dice]0[/dice]

One of the beetles races up her back, before she can brush the thing off of her shoulder, it inserts a shiny proboscis into her ear.

. . .tries to dominate your mind Will 2 -1 [dice]1[/dice]

Two new appendages appear at Marie's waist. Where did those sprout from? she wonders curiously but without alarm. She drops forward onto her six legs, and scuttles away to a derelict building--she has the urge to eat something made of wood and, also, hopes that it will be rotten from decay.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 10 - Encounter Phase

Diana had been in her cell for some time thinking of what terrible spell she could cast on her captors that might equal or best the treatment she had received. Her jailer, however, held all all her notes and Tomes that might be of any use to her in such a desperate time.

Then suddenly she awoke and realized that the two adjacent cells next to her were empty and three men in uniform holding regulation nightsticks stood in front of her cell door.

Oh crackers... Diana thought.

The cell door opened.

Diana was about to get the beating of her life as her wracked her brain for anything that might help her.

I know where some cultists are staying in your city... Real psychos... They've killed children... I'll tell you where they are if you let me go...

The officers smiled and opened the door and laugh.

We were going to let you go seniorita... but thanks for the tip!!

That was one lead Diana couldn't follow up on.

Spoiler:
Diana spends 1 clue to avoid a serious beating.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 10, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: red sun. Doom advances 1 (7 down to 6). 1 Eldritch token (2nd) placed on the red sun.

Monster surge: at Arkham ImageImage ImageImage

Spawn Clues: at London and The Pyramids.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 11 Action Phase

1) Rest
Recover 1 Health and 1 Sanity
[dice]0[/dice]
Flip Card and Discard to Place Eldritch Token on Relics of the Ancient World Mystery

[dice]1[/dice]
Flip Card and Discard to Place Eldritch Token on Relics of the Ancient World Mystery

2) Move to Shanghai
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 11 Action Phase
"I can't believe you ate the whole thing!" says Father Merluzzo.

"I told you I could, Father," says Tony. "I'm still starving! I could eat another."

"I think we've had enough for now," says Rebecca. "As much as I've enjoyed this feast, time is growing short, and we have to be moving. I suggest we head to London."
OOC,Nicely done! :D I decided to head to Istanbul instead and take on the Hunting Horror now. If I beat it, I'll just take a general City Encounter, as my Influence is already at maximum. Then I'll head towards London. I can cuff the Goat Spawn and try to close the Gate there when I arrive, but I'll need to Rest again next turn unless Hunger gets flipped. Action 1: Rest: Roll to get rid of Hunger Condition: [dice]0[/dice] 1 Health and 1 Sanity gained. Action 2: Travel: 17->Istanbul
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11, Action Phase, Buenos Aires

Action 1: Rest and gain 1 Sanity (3 to 4) and 1 Stamina (7).

Action 2: Travel to The Amazon.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 11 Encounter Phase -Shanghai

While walking through the port of Shanghai looking to possible hire a steamer up to Tokyo. Norman spots a old fisherman leaning over a to grab something out of the water. Suddenly what appears to scaly hand reaches up out of the water and pulls the man in. The old man quickly sinks into the inky water with hardly a struggle. Norman does not even think when he jumps into the dark water. Diving down Norman grasps blindly about and finally grabs hold of the old mans shirt. Straining to pull the man up a unseen force begins to drag them both down. Norman will not let go but it seems to strong for him. Then someone or something grabs Norman by the collar and pulls him up. They break the surface with Seyit holding on to Norman and Norman holding onto the old man. The climb back onto the dock sputtering and coughing up water. The old man looks at Norman. "Thank you kind sir. I feared that was the end of me." The old Chinese man pulls out a jade coin from his pocket. "Here keep this! It will guard you when things are dire."

[dice]0[/dice]

Gain the Blessed Condition
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 11 Encounter Phase
The train lets Tony and his friends out in Istanbul at night. "I've heard about a mysterious shop in Istanbul," says Rebecca. "It's very hard to find, but it has extremely rare books that could be helpful. We should look for it."

"All right," says Tony. "We'll seek it out in the morning. Let's find a hotel." As they walk through the darkened streets, something swoops down from above and wraps itself around Tony's neck! WIth perfect coolness, he grabs hold of the creature and pulls it free, then bashes it to death against a wall. "What the heck was that thing?"

"A Hunting Horror," says Rebecca. "They're very deadly, but they can't stand light."

"Or being smashed to death, it seems."

"It looks like it was already wounded, Otherwise, you wouldn't have stood a chance."

"Yeah, well, I still feel much better."

In the morning the threesome head to the library to research this strange shop. It appears that it never shows up in the same place twice, and customers who are lucky enough to find it have reported that it had been gone when they looked back after leaving. Somehow, Tony spots a pattern to the appearances of the shop and is able to predict where it will be next. Sure enough, when they head to that location, they find an ancient-looking shop without a sign. They step inside, and it's like stepping back in time a few centuries. The interior is dimly lit by lanterns, and it is filled with shelves with all manner of books. Behind the dusty counter, a wrinkled old man in a robe and turban smiles at them. "Welcome, effendi," he says.

"Do you sell books?" asks Tony.

"No, of course not. These shelves full of tomes are just for show."

"Oh."

"Of course I sell books! And I have the perfect one for you." He takes one off of a shelf, blows the dust from its cover, and hands it to Tony. "The first one is free. A reward for finding my shop."

"How do you stay in business?"

"Once people see what I have to offer, they will pay any price for more. I also sell various items of power. Can I interest you in a monkey's paw? It grants wishes!"

"Don't take it, my son," says Father Merluzzo. "Such things are cursed tools of the devil!"

"Yeah, you're right," says Tony. "I'll just take the book, thanks."
OOC,Will 2 - 1 [Hunting Horror] +2 [Cultist's Journal] roll (3 dice) encountering Hunting Horror, Turn 11: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Father Merluzzo[/b] adds 1 success, for a total of 3. No Sanity lost! 8-) Strength 3 +2[Cultist's Journal] roll (5 dice) encountering Hunting Horror, Turn 11: [dice]1[/dice] Hunting Horror defeated. 1 Focus gained. 1 Clue and 1 Sanity gained. Hunting Horror placed on Purifying the World. Lore 2 -2[City Encounter] roll (1 die minimum), City Encounter, Turn 11: [dice]2[/dice] Woohoo! :D Tome Artifact gained!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11, Encounter Phase, Lost in Time and Space

With bulging cheeks, like Don Corleone, Marie floats with nothing beneath her feet but empty space. She dares a peek down, but the void makes her feel dizzy with fright; and, most odd, a smooth plain extends vertically on either side of her, up and down. A smartly dressed gentleman presents himself before her, removing his hat with a flourish.

"You are in the space between worlds," he says, "what manner of being are you?" Curiously, the gentleman begins to melt, his features and clothing peel away to reveal a grinning ginger tom cat.

Marie spits out a cork-like mash. "Marie, I'm Marie Lambeau, a singer--" she stops answering, fascinated by the tom cat's twitching whiskers.

"A singer?" it asks, "Name me a song."

Influence 4 -1 [dice]0[/dice]

"Pinetops Boogie-woogie," she says lamely.

Spawn Gate: Istanbul (green comet) and ImageImage

Marie's token to space 21.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11, Encounter Phase, The Amazon

Observation 3 [dice]0[/dice]

Spend Clue to gain Image and 1 Clue.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Wow!

Turn 11, Mythos Phase

Advance the Omen: blue constellation [left-hand]. Doom advances 1 (6 down to 5).

Reckoning effects: Monsters on game board,
ImageImage [dice]0[/dice]

Shoggoth recovers all Health.

Possessions and Conditions, Marie: Voice of Ra and Dark Pact, Tony: Father Merluzzo and Hunger, Norman: Blessed and Agreement, Diana: Mysterious Idol.

To be continued . . .
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Turn 11, Mythos Phase - Norman Withers

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 11 Mythos Phase
Tony sneezes from the dust blown off of the book's cover.

"God bless you, my son," says Father Merluzzo. Though he only says it as a formality, Tony takes it to heart.

"I've heard of this ancient book," says Rebecca. "It is called the T'tka Halot. It has the power to smite your enemies, striking down all but the toughest."

"Yeah, that does sound right up my alley," says Tony, ignoring his rumbling stomach.
OOC,Roll to see if I gain a Blessing from Father Merluzzo: [dice]0[/dice] Will roll (2 dice) for Hunger Condition: [dice]1[/dice] Roll for Dark Pact [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

@Mr. Handy, I forgot Tony's Dark Pact, I've drawn one for him now. How did he get it?

Lore 3 +1[improvement] [dice]0[/dice]

1-2: Stress and fatigue wears at you. Lose 1 Sanity. (4 down 3.)

[dice]1[/dice]--oh, no.

The sun is blazing down on a dry and dusty landscape. Marie sits up, from where she is sprawled upon a cracked, clay riverbed in a gully, and squints at the figure on the bank above her. The native is stood upon one leg, the other is folded with his foot resting upon his knee, and is balanced by a tall spear grasped with a sinewy hand.

"Me Warrigal," begins the aborigine, "you gin? which mob?"

Marie is at a loss, what to say or do? "I'm a creole lady, granddaddy, many generations ago, was a Huguenot---"

"Wa?" he barks, angry because he doesn't understand--and he being so proud of his English. The aborigine approaches Marie with stop-start bounds down the bank, which throw up clouds of sand.

Marie closes her eyes and begins to cry. Grand-mère, have I failed you?

Warrigal slides his spear under her chin and deep into her throat.

The Doppelgänger loses 1 Health (5 down to 4).
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 11, Mythos Phase continued

Spawn Gate: The Amazon (red sun) and ImageImage

Text effect: Istanbul ImageImage,

The Amazon Image Image,

London ImageImage,

Arkham Image Image,

Tunguska Image Image.

San Francisco ImageImage,

Expedition space ImageImage,

Mystic Ruins space ImageImage

Each investigator encounters each Monster on his space: Tony - Doppleganger and Ghast, Norman - Cultist, Diana - Cultist and Wendigo.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Mythos Phase Turn 11 Combat Encounter Shanghai Mystic Ruins

Horror 2
Toughness 3

Horror Check
[dice]0[/dice]
Combat Check
[dice]1[/dice]

0 Sanity Loss and Cultist destroyed with 4 damage.

Return to “Episode 3 - Strange Remnants”