Page 1 of 1

OOC

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:38 pm
by Priest
For all the usual stuff

Re: OOC

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:34 am
by Priest
So three victims players. Mr Handy, Supercape and Dr Peterson. Welcome one and all :twisted:
Mr H has chosen to play the Antiquarian.
Supercape will be playing the Author.
Dr Peterson the Dilettante.
CrackheadC the Journalist.
And Carnage_Lee the Detective.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:46 pm
by Priest
Once all characters are sorted (and posted on the characters section) we will move to the question and answer session.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:50 pm
by DrPeterson
I'll try to get my character stuff sorted tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:11 pm
by Supercape
Right this looks awesome, still getting a feel for it though! :)

So Harry Blake is going to try and look for Mr Mason's last play ( ? "The horror beyond the veil") which he suspects is a) Mr Mason's masterpiece (and perhaps Blake can pass it off as his own work, although he won't admit even to himself such a scurrilous motive), and b) Was sewn into the hem of Mr Mason's burial jacket.

Perhaps Mr Mason laid out quite explicit instructions of the manner of his funeral, including which Jacket he should wear, alongside subtle hints in letters about this play.

Thoughts?

As to what he Harry Blake should do. Manipulate others into digging Mason up for him. He is too fat to exert himself.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:35 pm
by CrackheadC.
Should we establish our trusts now, before responding?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:55 pm
by Priest
CrackheadC. wrote:Should we establish our trusts now, before responding?
Build your trusts over the first sessions. At this point each character should start with 0 trust in any of the others, you may assign them as you choose, when you choose.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:50 am
by Mr. Handy
Are we each looking for something different, or are the questions just for Harry?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:16 am
by Priest
Supercape wrote:Right this looks awesome, still getting a feel for it though! :)

So Harry Blake is going to try and look for Mr Mason's last play ( ? "The horror beyond the veil") which he suspects is a) Mr Mason's masterpiece (and perhaps Blake can pass it off as his own work, although he won't admit even to himself such a scurrilous motive), and b) Was sewn into the hem of Mr Mason's burial jacket.

Perhaps Mr Mason laid out quite explicit instructions of the manner of his funeral, including which Jacket he should wear, alongside subtle hints in letters about this play.

Thoughts?

As to what he Harry Blake should do. Manipulate others into digging Mason up for him. He is too fat to exert himself.
You tell me. TREMULUS is player driven, I (the keeper) respond to the narrative you give me. You do the hard work, I merely make a pattern from your thoughts :D
CrackheadC. wrote:Should we establish our trusts now, before responding?
Trust will be established during the course of the first few sessions. To start everyone has 0 trust in each other, this will increase to a maximum of +3 or decrease to -3 as you get to know each other better.
Mr. Handy wrote:Are we each looking for something different, or are the questions just for Harry?
Sorry should have made myself clearer. You all believe that something was buried with the remains, what it was no one knows but each of you have an idea. So in the case of yourself, Anne Dewar, what is it that you think it might be?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:32 pm
by Priest
Away till Tuesday. Have fun.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:35 pm
by Supercape
Okay I have given a bash at an IC post. I figure AW/Tremulus is one of those systems where players get a lot of leeway with narrative rights (I hope so anyway :) ) so have done my best kicking off. I dont know where other players are but have left it open.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:33 pm
by Priest
Just had to post before I leave for Cornwall. Supercape seems to have got the idea. You the players drive the story, I will ask questions for you to answer depending on your actions. Remember the game opens with you all in the graveyard at the grave of Hezekiah Mason, what may have occured before is up to you each of you. What you seek may be the same thing or may be something different to each of you, that is your call.
I'll see you when I get back on Tuesday.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Anne has heard that Hezekiah Mason possessed an ancient dagger with a reputed curse. While it is said to give its wielder supernatural powers, it can only be activated by performing a human sacrifice with it. Further, it is supposed to be indestructible. Anne had offered to buy the dagger from Hezekiah when he was alive, but he refused all offers. After his death, there was no sign of the dagger, and Anne believes it was buried with him. Even if the dagger has no powers, someone who has it might decide to kill someone with it in the belief that it does. She fears that others may also know of the dagger and seek to dig it up, so she feels that the only way to render the dagger safe is to get it first herself and lock it up in her shop's secure vault.

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:30 pm
by DrPeterson
They've changed my teaching hours and I'm running to and fro, so I'm going to have to opt out of this one.
Very sorry, lads.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:26 am
by CrackheadC.
Sorry to hear that DrPeterson. Let me know if you need any exceptions made for No Man's Land. Lucky for you October is a busy month for me.

As for my character I want to play her as a true believer and someone who works at a weekly world news type paper.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:45 pm
by Priest
I'm back from my hols will update tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:02 am
by carnage_lee
Have we started wrongly? I've re-read the IC thread and the narrative assumed we were all together... we've kind of gotten away from that. Does it still work?

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:26 pm
by Priest
carnage_lee wrote:Have we started wrongly? I've re-read the IC thread and the narrative assumed we were all together... we've kind of gotten away from that. Does it still work?
Should be fine. We are slowly answering the two questions. How you react to each other is up to you, as is your next move.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:44 pm
by Priest
So far so good. However, remember the 'Trigger Moves' rule. Certain actions may trigger a move, either basic, special or lore. Simple actions do not, for example Tommy Stones look around at the cemetery would not necessarily trigger a Poke Around move, only if he iwas involved in an active search of a given area, for example the burial site itself, would it be triggered. Likewise Harry Blakes use of Read a Person is unecessary in this context when applied to another PC. If Tommy was aa NPC then using this move could prove beneficial, as it would allow him the oppurtunity to ask me that question.

It is important to use narrative. Describe what you are doing and if I feel that your action warrants a use of a move I will ask you to roll. This is not CoC or other d20 system, this is a purely narrative system, don't think in terms of dice rolls.

As I say 'so far so good', the narrative has been excellent. :D

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:06 pm
by Supercape
Cool; that helps!

I hope by Moonlight Undying works.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 pm
by Priest
Supercape wrote:I hope by Moonlight Undying works.
You could perhaps sweeten the pot by quoting a line or two :twisted:

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:50 pm
by Supercape
Bad poetry ye want? Bad poetry ye shall get! :lol:

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:13 am
by Priest
Supercape wrote:Bad poetry ye want? Bad poetry ye shall get! :lol:
Nice. If this was FATE,I'd give you a fate point for that. In this case 'nice' :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:13 pm
by Priest
You are moving up to the church. Harry and Tommy have begun to describe it. Please add to as you see it. My next post will be in answer to the description.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:41 am
by Priest
Previously Mr Handy said:   Anne peers at the darkened stains on the floor, adjusting her glasses. Something about the stains by the altar looks off, so she takes a closer look. "Are these stains...blood?" she asks, choking back a gasp.  
Please roll for a Puzzle things out move.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:23 pm
by carnage_lee
Priest wrote:
Previously Mr Handy said:   Anne peers at the darkened stains on the floor, adjusting her glasses. Something about the stains by the altar looks off, so she takes a closer look. "Are these stains...blood?" she asks, choking back a gasp.  
Please roll for a Puzzle things out move.
Puzzle Things Out (Roll+Reason)
[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:13 pm
by Priest
My bad :oops: . I should have said for Mr Handy (Anne Dewar) to make the roll.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:48 pm
by carnage_lee
Whoops, I thought you meant for anyone having a look... my roll was bad so in the narrative Tommy wasn't that inclined to go look.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:09 pm
by Priest
carnage_lee wrote:Whoops, I thought you meant for anyone having a look... my roll was bad so in the narrative Tommy wasn't that inclined to go look.
Oh anyone can take a look and add to the interior of the churches description, it's just that Anne gets to roll for Puzzle things out. If Tommy notices anything odd that he cares to look at, feel free to roll. Remember the description of what is within the building is down to the players. The keeper simply weaves your descriptions together. So if Tommy sees that the windows above the altar show signs of recent restoration, so be it.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:55 pm
by Mr. Handy

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
by Priest
Mr. Handy wrote:Got a 12! 8-)
Great stuff.

"PUZZ LE THINGS OUT (roll +reason)
When you face an intellectual dilemma, learn a new piece of information, or discover a clue, you may roll+reason to attempt to puzzle things out. On a 7+, you get to ask one or more questions. Whenever you act on one of the
Keeper’s answers, take +1ongoing.
On a 10+, ask 3 from below OR gain 1 Lore.
On a 7–9, ask 1:
• What is this?
• What does this mean?
• How can I get in/out/pass?
• Who’s in control here?
• Which enemy before me is the most dangerous?
• What is its weakness?
• What should I keep an eye out for?
• How does __________ fit into ______________?
Of the most common questions that will arise, this is just a small sample. The Keeper should allow for some situational flexibility. Whenever the characters get new information, or seem to be stuck, you can call for one
of these rolls. A character cannot attempt to Puzzle Things Out more than once until further information is gained.
When you gain Lore, you might think you are missing out on those delicious questions—and you’re right. The Keeper is free to tell you what they will, or let you ask questions, or give you some Dark Insight based upon your background (an Alienist might recall a patient talking about some relevant thing, or a Detective might remember a particularly gruesome case with eerie similarities), or tell you nothing at all. You have the choice to take Lore or ask the questions. When you gain Lore, you never know exactly what you’re going to find out—that is all up to the Keeper."

So, basically you get to ask three questions relating to what you are looking at, or gain +1 Lore your choice. If you choose questions pose them as if musing.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'll take the point of Lore, please.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:06 pm
by Priest
Mr. Handy wrote:I'll take the point of Lore, please.
I've altered your character sheet.
Close inspection of the stains lead you to the conclusion that they are nothing more than old water stains, possibly from a leaky roof.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'd already modified it myself to include the Lore point, as I had had 0 before, so I've changed it back to 1, which is what I'm supposed to have now.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:46 pm
by Priest
Mr. Handy wrote:I'd already modified it myself to include the Lore point, as I had had 0 before, so I've changed it back to 1, which is what I'm supposed to have now.
Whoops!! :oops:

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:59 pm
by CrackheadC.
Hey guys im just checking in briefly. As you know i had a absence due to family wedding and one due to the gre. I am currently on pain meds for getting wisdom teeth extractee but i promise I will be back and able to post soon.

I could give you some loopy nonsense posts but rebecca isnt crazy yet

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:00 pm
by Papa Gateau
I'm on vacation til the 23rd October.

Edit - but will try and post when I can

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 pm
by carnage_lee
I'm confused....

Harry opened the church doors but then "As if in answer to Harry's invitation the gravel crunching footsteps halt just ouside the door. For a moment the handle of the door starts to turn then halts. Almost immediately fast moving footsteps can be heard moving away from the door towards the churchyard gate and the road beyond."

So what actually happned?

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:47 pm
by Priest
Whoops! My bad I misread the post I didn't see the part where Harry opened the door. All I can say is sorry chaps and lets say that he didn't open the door. :oops:

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:53 pm
by carnage_lee
OK by me :)

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:49 am
by Priest
Anne and Rebecca:
Please make Access the Situation (See below) for information you might see out of the windows

New Rules

BASIC MOVE - Access the Situation: Roll+Reason

To allow a assessment of a situation, person, event
10+ three questions appertaining to the situation or 1 lore
7-9 one question appertaining to the situation
Examples:
Whats happening?
Where am I?
Who is this?
What are they doing?

(Basically a Puzzle things out move with a different explanation.)

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:28 pm
by Supercape
Can Harry burst out of the door? The fat fool can't exactly Run but he is a bold sort (for now!)

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:55 pm
by CrackheadC.
I am a dope and only rolled 1 d6 in my post. Mind if I roll my 2nd here?

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:22 pm
by Priest
CrackheadC. wrote:I am a dope and only rolled 1 d6 in my post. Mind if I roll my 2nd here?
Aw, go on then.
Supercape wrote:Can Harry burst out of the door? The fat fool can't exactly Run but he is a bold sort (for now!)
If that's what you want Harry to do then narrate it, and I will respond to it.

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:04 pm
by CrackheadC.
4 (from the roll in post) and [dice]0[/dice]

So thats 9 total meaning one question. I'll edit my post accordingly.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:54 pm
by Supercape
[dice]0[/dice]
IC is down so I hope that works
Result of 9 so that means, given Luck of 0, a total of 9 which means partial success. From the choice I would ideally like to use the "Find hidden area/threshold", maybe related to where the car was going. If that doesn't work, a minor item of your choice.

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:48 am
by Priest
Great stuff guys, the plot, as they say, thickens.
I await some reply from Crackhead as to his wish to carry on with Rebecca Conners. Until then I will post for her in an effort to keep the game moving. If he wishes to quit the game, I will advertise for a replacement player for the good Miss Conners :)

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:24 pm
by Priest
The character of Rebecca Conners will now be played by Grognardsw. So welcome and enjoy :twisted:

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:06 pm
by Grognardsw
Glad to be aboard the crazy train.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:40 pm
by carnage_lee
Grognardsw wrote:Glad to be aboard the crazy train.
Welcome aboard, we ain't crazy yet but the tickets are 'one-way' only!

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:54 pm
by Supercape
Making roll for acting under pressure: IC thread says +Dex or +Luck? Is there a Dex stat?

[dice]0[/dice]

I guess add to that Luck 0 or...reason 1? in any case looks like a 10+ so, I do it? :)

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:00 pm
by Priest
Supercape wrote:Making roll for acting under pressure: IC thread says +Dex or +Luck? Is there a Dex stat?

[dice]176536:0[/dice]

I guess add to that Luck 0 or...reason 1? in any case looks like a 10+ so, I do it? :)
Yeah, sorry about that there is no Dex in Tremulus. But yes you made it so the movement amongst the rubbish turned out to be nothing more than disturbance caused by the rope.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:32 pm
by Priest
It seems we have been reduced to just two characters, Tommy and Anne. So I'm wondering if anyone wants to continue this?

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:34 pm
by Grognardsw
Sorry, work and family have curbed my volume but I do want to continue.

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:18 pm
by Priest
Grognardsw wrote:Sorry, work and family have curbed my volume but I do want to continue.
That's okay, I wasn't sure whether to ask or not.

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:00 pm
by Priest
Sister Francis Mary is currently involved in conversation with the two men near the cemetery gate.
Harry Blake is still hidden amongst the shadows, but from the dim flash of light, subdued sounds, and whispered voices it is obvious that some of his new companions have opened the casket.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:18 pm
by Priest
Due to my having been absent so long from the game, there seems little chance of my restarting. Sorry guys.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy
If you do resume the game, I'd still like to play, but I'll understand if you don't. If you want me to move it to the Graveyard, just let me know by posting here, but it may be best to wait a little while so that other players can see this.

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:56 pm
by Papa Gateau
Sorry, I went AWOL/MIA

If you continue with this I'm still in.

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:23 pm
by carnage_lee
If you want to re-start, count me in.

For me, the system was too 'open-ended' for pbp play, there were too many options to take and things seemed to break down into individual stories pretty quickly. It was fun making 'stuff up' on the fly but I think it's more suited to a face to face game, where it's easier to 'bounce ideas/situations' off each other. All in all, quite intriguing.