OOC

Who is Hezekiah Mason? What is it about him that turns people away?

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

OOC

Post by Priest »

For all the usual stuff
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Re: OOC

Post by Priest »

So three victims players. Mr Handy, Supercape and Dr Peterson. Welcome one and all :twisted:
Mr H has chosen to play the Antiquarian.
Supercape will be playing the Author.
Dr Peterson the Dilettante.
CrackheadC the Journalist.
And Carnage_Lee the Detective.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Once all characters are sorted (and posted on the characters section) we will move to the question and answer session.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

I'll try to get my character stuff sorted tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 10 months

Post by Supercape »

Right this looks awesome, still getting a feel for it though! :)

So Harry Blake is going to try and look for Mr Mason's last play ( ? "The horror beyond the veil") which he suspects is a) Mr Mason's masterpiece (and perhaps Blake can pass it off as his own work, although he won't admit even to himself such a scurrilous motive), and b) Was sewn into the hem of Mr Mason's burial jacket.

Perhaps Mr Mason laid out quite explicit instructions of the manner of his funeral, including which Jacket he should wear, alongside subtle hints in letters about this play.

Thoughts?

As to what he Harry Blake should do. Manipulate others into digging Mason up for him. He is too fat to exert himself.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Should we establish our trusts now, before responding?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

CrackheadC. wrote:Should we establish our trusts now, before responding?
Build your trusts over the first sessions. At this point each character should start with 0 trust in any of the others, you may assign them as you choose, when you choose.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Are we each looking for something different, or are the questions just for Harry?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Supercape wrote:Right this looks awesome, still getting a feel for it though! :)

So Harry Blake is going to try and look for Mr Mason's last play ( ? "The horror beyond the veil") which he suspects is a) Mr Mason's masterpiece (and perhaps Blake can pass it off as his own work, although he won't admit even to himself such a scurrilous motive), and b) Was sewn into the hem of Mr Mason's burial jacket.

Perhaps Mr Mason laid out quite explicit instructions of the manner of his funeral, including which Jacket he should wear, alongside subtle hints in letters about this play.

Thoughts?

As to what he Harry Blake should do. Manipulate others into digging Mason up for him. He is too fat to exert himself.
You tell me. TREMULUS is player driven, I (the keeper) respond to the narrative you give me. You do the hard work, I merely make a pattern from your thoughts :D
CrackheadC. wrote:Should we establish our trusts now, before responding?
Trust will be established during the course of the first few sessions. To start everyone has 0 trust in each other, this will increase to a maximum of +3 or decrease to -3 as you get to know each other better.
Mr. Handy wrote:Are we each looking for something different, or are the questions just for Harry?
Sorry should have made myself clearer. You all believe that something was buried with the remains, what it was no one knows but each of you have an idea. So in the case of yourself, Anne Dewar, what is it that you think it might be?
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Away till Tuesday. Have fun.
- Anais Nin
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Okay I have given a bash at an IC post. I figure AW/Tremulus is one of those systems where players get a lot of leeway with narrative rights (I hope so anyway :) ) so have done my best kicking off. I dont know where other players are but have left it open.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Just had to post before I leave for Cornwall. Supercape seems to have got the idea. You the players drive the story, I will ask questions for you to answer depending on your actions. Remember the game opens with you all in the graveyard at the grave of Hezekiah Mason, what may have occured before is up to you each of you. What you seek may be the same thing or may be something different to each of you, that is your call.
I'll see you when I get back on Tuesday.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Anne has heard that Hezekiah Mason possessed an ancient dagger with a reputed curse. While it is said to give its wielder supernatural powers, it can only be activated by performing a human sacrifice with it. Further, it is supposed to be indestructible. Anne had offered to buy the dagger from Hezekiah when he was alive, but he refused all offers. After his death, there was no sign of the dagger, and Anne believes it was buried with him. Even if the dagger has no powers, someone who has it might decide to kill someone with it in the belief that it does. She fears that others may also know of the dagger and seek to dig it up, so she feels that the only way to render the dagger safe is to get it first herself and lock it up in her shop's secure vault.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

They've changed my teaching hours and I'm running to and fro, so I'm going to have to opt out of this one.
Very sorry, lads.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Sorry to hear that DrPeterson. Let me know if you need any exceptions made for No Man's Land. Lucky for you October is a busy month for me.

As for my character I want to play her as a true believer and someone who works at a weekly world news type paper.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

I'm back from my hols will update tomorrow.
- Anais Nin
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by carnage_lee »

Have we started wrongly? I've re-read the IC thread and the narrative assumed we were all together... we've kind of gotten away from that. Does it still work?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

carnage_lee wrote:Have we started wrongly? I've re-read the IC thread and the narrative assumed we were all together... we've kind of gotten away from that. Does it still work?
Should be fine. We are slowly answering the two questions. How you react to each other is up to you, as is your next move.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

So far so good. However, remember the 'Trigger Moves' rule. Certain actions may trigger a move, either basic, special or lore. Simple actions do not, for example Tommy Stones look around at the cemetery would not necessarily trigger a Poke Around move, only if he iwas involved in an active search of a given area, for example the burial site itself, would it be triggered. Likewise Harry Blakes use of Read a Person is unecessary in this context when applied to another PC. If Tommy was aa NPC then using this move could prove beneficial, as it would allow him the oppurtunity to ask me that question.

It is important to use narrative. Describe what you are doing and if I feel that your action warrants a use of a move I will ask you to roll. This is not CoC or other d20 system, this is a purely narrative system, don't think in terms of dice rolls.

As I say 'so far so good', the narrative has been excellent. :D
- Anais Nin
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Supercape »

Cool; that helps!

I hope by Moonlight Undying works.

Return to “TREMULUS - 'The Strangeness of Hezekiah Mason'”