Well of Sacrifice (IC)

The Yucatan has long been at best a marginally explored region of Latin America. As one of the great centers of the ancient Mayan culture, it holds many secrets long sought after by historians and archaeologists from around the world. The investigators are a small group of explorers whose mission is to seek out and survey sites for ruined cities and towns on the peninsula. A long lost piece of information leads the group into a dark corner of the Yucatan. What will they find and can they survive the Well of Sacrifice?

Moderator: Quatermass

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Well of Sacrifice (IC)

Post by Tabs »

"Thank you, sir," replies Anna. "I'm Miss Dahl, a member of an archaeology expedition and am interested in Yucatan's fascinating history. I wondered, have you been coming here to the barber shop for a long time? I ask because we'd like to know more about a predecessor, one Donald Stillbridge, who was here in Muna in 1889?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-And is there any library or museum here? -asks Percy to the man in the desk.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

Mitch enters the hotel lobby as Anna exits, moving politely to one side. "Hey prof don't bunk me with one of you that snores". He chuckles to himself as he winds on the film in rediness for a shot of the hotel's interior, "Hey Percy ask him again it will make a good shot for the journal"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Percy sighs and then says:
-Senõr, my companion want to take a picture of this moment. Do you mind?
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote:Image

"Thank you, sir," replies Anna. "I'm Miss Dahl, a member of an archaeology expedition and am interested in Yucatan's fascinating history. I wondered, have you been coming here to the barber shop for a long time? I ask because we'd like to know more about a predecessor, one Donald Stillbridge, who was here in Muna in 1889?"
"1889?" The man muses. "That was a long time ago." He looks over at the other men sitting there. "Does anyone remember a Senor Stillbridge?"

He turns back to Anna as the others confer among themselves. "There are many Mayan ruins in this area so there have been lots of men coming to poke around them."

One of the men with shaggy white hair and a milky left eye says to the others. "Do you remember that tall Americano who came into town and got real sick? I think Doctor Alcalá took care of him." He shakes his head as if trying to rattle the memory into place. "I don't remember what happen to him."

Other men chime in some saying they remember the man and others that did not. Those that remember are mixed on what they know. Some say he got better and two or three say that the man got worse and died.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

kabukiman wrote:Percy sighs and then says:
-Senõr, my companion want to take a picture of this moment. Do you mind?
The man seems flatters that you want to take his picture. He straightens his tie and runs his hand over his greasy hair.

He looks at Percy and says in a very dramatic voice that "No that there are no museums in town and the only library is one run by the nuns at Our Lady of Mercy church. It many religious books and those for children."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Well, thank you. Maybe we will take a look there latter.-says Percy
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Thank you, gentlemen," says Anna. "Doctor Alcalá," she repeats to the one with the milky eye, "where can I find him?"
Last edited by Tabs on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

Tabs wrote:
"Thank you, gentlemen," says Anna. "Doctor Alcalá," she repeats to the one with the milky eye. "Where can I find him?"
The man motions over to one of the children playing in the street. "Pedro, take this lady over to Dr. Alcalá'a clinic. Now that's a good boy." He turns back to Anna. "The Doctor's clinic is just a few blocks away."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Thank you, once again." Anna hands a few pesos to Pedro, "Just a moment, chico." She nips back over to Hotel Tropica--hopefully she will catch the others before they go to their rooms to unpack--to tell of a lead about Stillbridge.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

David is still at the front desk arranging for their rooms. He turns when Anna enters. "Any luck, Miss Dahl?" he asks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Professor," says Anna, "an old man across the street remembers a 'sick Americano' from way back, 1889 hopefully. He was treated by one Dr. Alcacá; there's a little boy, outside now, who can take us to the doctor."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-So, finally we are arriving somewhere.- says Percy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well done!" says David, smiling. "Solid detective work. We can leave our baggage here, and the hotel staff will take it to our rooms. Let's go see the good doctor."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Anna smiles.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Percy ignores Quinn remark and waits that the Professor leaves the building to follow him.
Quatermass
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Quatermass »

The young boy leads you a few blocks away to a small two story clinic. The waiting area is crowded but a nurse quickly leads you to the office of Dr. Alcalá. He is a short portly man in his late 60's with a bushy white mustache.

"Please come in. How may I help you?" He says in Spanish.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Since he does not know Spanish, David lets Anna and Quinn do the talking, though he makes a mental note to learn the language at the earliest opportunity.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Grognardsw
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Grognardsw »

Quinto, explorer

Quinn steps forward, nods and smiles to the doctor.

"Buenos días Dr. Alcalá. Mis amigos y yo estamos esperando que usted puede ser capaz de ayudarnos. Hace muchos años, en 1889 un alto Americano llegaron a la ciudad y se pusieron muy enfermos. Usted lo tratado . Su nombre era Donald Stillbridge. ¿Recuerdas algo de él? ¿Cómo estaba enfermo? ¿Dónde había estado , o se va , por aquí? Él era un arqueólogo."
Translation,"Good day Dr. Alcala. My friends and I are hoping you may be able to help us. Many years ago in 1889 a tall Americano came to town and got very sick. You treated him. His name was Donald Stillbridge. Do you remember anything of him? How he was sick? Where he had been, or was going, around here? He was an archeologist."

Return to “The Well of Sacrifice”