Page 1 of 1

General Chat Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:08 am
by CrackheadC.
Post here any questions pertaining to the game or just general discussion.

I will have a Character Creation thread as well as an example step by step for you to follow since this is 7th edition. I'll try to post up a setting and some random fluff soon as well.

Thanks for joining me in my first game as Keeper!

Re: General Chat Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:42 pm
by CrackheadC.
Background info and the Character Creation Thread is up. If you have any questions and need more info as here or there. I'm sure you will need info on the new occupation skills/points as they have changed a little bit.

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:32 am
by DrPeterson
It's going nicely, CrackheadC, I'm really enjoying the atmosphere.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:58 am
by Ritterton
Thanks CrackheadC for letting me join the game. Hey folks, Ritterton here...looking forward to participating in this WWI game. I think I have had a few interactions elsewhere with at least one or two of you. So, working on a character and will get it close to done then post it in the Character generation thread in the next two days or so. Just wanted to say hello. Ask questions of me, and should be able to provide some additional relevant information.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:20 am
by CrackheadC.
Welcome to the game, Ritterton. Once your sheet has passed inspection I'll be able to introduce you into the game.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:03 pm
by Ritterton
how are you all getting the occ button option to work, cant' seem to find that...is it the spoiler button I should be using?

R

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:59 pm
by CrackheadC.
Oh yeah, I use the spoiler button and just make the tag say OOC. I find the spoiler button is less intrusive.
OOC,This is the spoiler button
OOC:   Compared to the OOC tag.  

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:15 pm
by Ritterton
CrackheadC. wrote:Oh yeah, I use the spoiler button and just make the tag say OOC. I find the spoiler button is less intrusive.
OOC,This is the spoiler button
OOC:   Compared to the OOC tag.  
Got it! Will do that next time. Thanks Crack!

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:22 pm
by Supercape
Apologies for sluggish response hit by a conglomeration of life over past few days (plus a really rotten cold!)

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 pm
by CrackheadC.
No sweat Supercape. I know your running a game and in a few others.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:40 pm
by CrackheadC.
As a side note, it is probably going to take me an extra day to post the next update. I wanted to transfer all of the relevant NPCs (the squad) into the Character thread, but I have been lazy. Also I need to do a little bit of conversion for this next part.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:00 pm
by CrackheadC.
Just an FYI, I am typically going to wait until everyone has made at least 1 reply, even if it is just a roll, so don't think I forgot about you (especially when you see me online with no updates).

Also, I suppose I should explain better how I want the Bonus/Penalty dice done.

Let's say I have a Listen 50%, and I have a penalty cause I just shot my gun off in an enclosed space. I need to roll my 1d100 and then I will roll a 1d10. Since it is a penalty, I will take whatever is higher for the 10's, like so.

[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]

So my first roll is 68 and my 1d10 is a 5. 68 is worse than 58 in CoC dice, so since i have to take whatever is higher. My listen roll is a 68%. If I had a Bonus instead, I would take the lower so I would have a 58% (Unfortunately still a failure in this situation.

Is that more clear?

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:32 am
by Ritterton
Ok Mr. Handy, got to say I loved the way you did your post...that is what I want to get to so will try that but I use orokos.com, suspect I can use the link via the url button here? Anyway, that is awesome how you did your post.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:05 pm
by CrackheadC.
Mr. Handy does a great job.

I like invisible castle, but it seems that the registration has been broken forever and I can't remember what my password was.

Either way, update will come this weekend - Also I had you roll for nasty things this round, but they will start next round so you have at the very least a little bit of a breather....maybe.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:07 am
by CrackheadC.
Question- Would you guys mind if I kept all rolls relating to the NPCs (and rolls that don't affect you) behind the curtain? I just did all the rolling for the round and I realized it will be a whole mess of hyperlinking which is more work for me.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks! Invisible Castle hasn't been supported for years, so they haven't fixed the problem that keeps new users from registering.

I have no problem with keeping NPC rolls behind the scenes and out of posts. I do it myself sometimes in my own games when the PCs don't know what the NPCs are doing (or when they don't even know that the NPCs are present). It wouldn't make sense to post an NPC's Conceal, Hide, or Sneak roll when the investigators don't know yet that there's anything to see or hear.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:43 am
by DrPeterson
Don't worry about those rolls, man, you control the narrative.

I really hate invisible castle, it's got it in for me. I can't remember ever rolling decently on it.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:14 pm
by Supercape
CrackheadC. wrote:Question- Would you guys mind if I kept all rolls relating to the NPCs (and rolls that don't affect you) behind the curtain? I just did all the rolling for the round and I realized it will be a whole mess of hyperlinking which is more work for me.
Personally I am fine with the Keeper making all rolls, NPC and PC, themselves and behind the curtain. It speeds up PbP play. And you either trust your fellow players, or don't. I default to trust! :)

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:43 pm
by CrackheadC.
Great, that will make things easier. And one someone does get an imaling shot to the head, I will still have the rilla to show you.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:27 pm
by Ritterton
CrackheadC. wrote:Question- Would you guys mind if I kept all rolls relating to the NPCs (and rolls that don't affect you) behind the curtain? I just did all the rolling for the round and I realized it will be a whole mess of hyperlinking which is more work for me.
Crack, I am fine with that...it makes it a bit simpler...then we can react, and imbed rolls for our reaction.Makes it a it easier too for you on the writing of things as you can narrate whatoccured without all of the dice rolls.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:56 am
by Ritterton
Fortuna is not favoring Richter at all...damn...orokos, please give me a few great rolls! :cry:

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:31 am
by CrackheadC.
Well, the good news is that you aren't bleeding out and probably won't unless the Doc and crew severely botch all first aid attempts.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:34 am
by Ritterton
Assuming that I am out for round three?
Or, do I roll Constitution check at start of each round?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:49 am
by CrackheadC.
There aren't any explicit rules about recovering consciousness so I am going to rule the following. You will recover via: successful first aid, 1d6 rounds, or an extreme CON roll success.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:47 am
by DrPeterson
CrackheadC., can I retry the First Aid roll if I drag Richter behind my tree?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:09 am
by CrackheadC.
You can push the roll (role with a penalty die and take the higher one), or if you are a bit more detail on what you will do, I'll let you do a plain re-roll as a little bonus for the extra detail. You can also wait it out / get help from someone else (having someone assist you will be a bonus die). It's not like he's bleeding out or anything. I just made it seem like you failed cause he was out of cover and people were shooting at you - seems more realistic than you forgetting how to doctor.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:31 pm
by CrackheadC.
[dice]0[/dice] Artemis will wake up in this many rounds either way.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:08 pm
by Supercape
Birdy Fires again 1d100=71 nothing flashy, just a miss!

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:19 pm
by Ritterton
CrackheadC. wrote:[dice]175045:0[/dice] Artemis will wake up in this many rounds either way.
Well it keeps me busy, so two more extreme const dice rolls...hey maybe it could happen...;-)

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:58 pm
by CrackheadC.
Hey at least being knocked out you aren't going to see horrible things and go crazy :)

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:03 pm
by DrPeterson
CrackheadC. wrote: I just made it seem like you failed cause he was out of cover and people were shooting at you - seems more realistic than you forgetting how to doctor.

My thoughts exactly!

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:15 am
by CrackheadC.
Also, Ritterton. You will awake this round as the Doc has succeeded in First aid. You may act as you wish for the round as your low dex would have you acting after Doc anyway and I dont see any rules on acting after waking like that. I will, in fairness I think, rule that if you take any particular action this round it will be with a penalty die (one extra 1d10 to replace the 10's on a skill roll).

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:31 am
by CrackheadC.
Ritterton, You don't need a sanity roll this turn, that will probably make you feel better since you failed it.

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:43 am
by CrackheadC.
Took my GRE today. Update coming tomorrow night or sunday depending on my hangover.

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:27 pm
by DrPeterson
Congratulations! And happy hangover!

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 pm
by Ritterton
Congrats and hope you survived the hangover.
whispers to doc,what's a GRE exam for us in the states

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
It's the Graduate Records Examination, and we have it here in the USA. I took it myself about twenty years ago and got quite a high score in spite of getting no sleep the night before.

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:23 pm
by Ritterton
Oh that's the one for like matter and phd programs? Took the lsat, so understand that sense of relief when such a thing is done.

So almost back home, pnw is gorgeous in the fall.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, that's the one. It does feel good when it's over. Unfortunately, I was too sleepy that night to finish dinner.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:27 am
by Ritterton
Lol, heck I remember a torts exam where I had to drive about an hour and 20 minutes from the school back to where I was living at the time and but for the receipt in my pocket I would never have remembered I stopped for gas so that exam amnesia can be pretty pretty powerful :o :?

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:28 pm
by CrackheadC.
Yeah those are the tests, its to get into a Graduate school. I scored very average (low middle I'll say) in the math section. That was to be expected though, I haven't done anything in math beyond percentages and basic arithmetic in a couple years so studying that war mostly like trying to break the rust off. Unofficially in the verbal I scored in the 96th percentile which is good because I am mostly looking to get into a linguistics program.

Anyway, the drinking went on for 2 nights so I didn't post yesterday. I'm up and at'em today so I'll be rolling dice in a few minutes.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:46 pm
by Supercape
I think Birdy is going to hold fire now, and just try to listen to what the Germans are saying. I appreciate that might be difficult or even impossible, but ill make a listen roll in case that is relevant.

1d100=100

Well I guess that seals that!

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:13 am
by CrackheadC.
Hah I appreciate the self policed roll. Anymore listen funbles like that you're gonna be leaving the war qith one of those old trumpet hearing aids.

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy
I wouldn't recommend using the on-board dice roller to handle a combat round. I only did it because Invisible Castle had been down at the time. I did have to edit the posts repeatedly, and it was a pain. Also, there is a limit of twenty rolls per post, so with a combat like that I needed to make multiple successive posts as well. The built-in dice roller here also doesn't support adding multiple types of dice together, such as 1d6+1d4, so you have to do those as separate rolls. It's a lot easier to just use Invisible Castle and embed the rolls in the text (or leave them out, if there are a lot of them and the players don't need to know).

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:57 pm
by CrackheadC.
Hey guys im just checking in briefly. As you know i had a absence due to family wedding and one due to the gre. I am currently on pain meds for getting wisdom teeth extracted but i promise I will be back and able to post soon.

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:26 pm
by Ritterton
Good lord Crack, we need to help you redefine fun! :o

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:58 am
by Ritterton
Hey folks, anyone hear from Crack? Seemed he was juggling some pretty big things - wisdom teeth removal sucks! and just wanted to make sure he hasn't had other things arise.

http://mu-podcast.com/campus/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1127 Here was a bit of creative writing inspired by the MU Podcast guys reading some Lovecraft.

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:59 am
by Tabs
Good story. I liked the detail about "feldgrun" trousers (http://www.military-antiques.cz/uniform ... rhose.html). The ending was cool, I didn't expect that. :) You ought to post it on this site, I think there's a fan-fiction thread.

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:01 am
by Ritterton
Tabs wrote:Good story. I liked the detail about "feldgrun" trousers (http://www.military-antiques.cz/uniform ... rhose.html). The ending was cool, I didn't expect that. :) You ought to post it on this site, I think there's a fan-fiction thread.
Thanks Tabs...just posted it there!

R

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy
CrackheadC. hasn't logged in since October 26; he's missing from my game as well.

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:33 am
by Ritterton
Mr. Handy wrote:CrackheadC. hasn't logged in since October 26; he's missing from my game as well.
This may sound a bit over-dramatic, but is there anyway the administrator can ping him via email to see if all is well? Wisdom teeth surgery is a nasty one...and can sometimes get really complicated really quick in the post healing process -- dry sockets and such.

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:38 pm
by DrPeterson
Given the default settings of the board, he should receive an email if you PM him as well.

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:40 pm
by Ritterton
DrPeterson wrote:Given the default settings of the board, he should receive an email if you PM him as well.
Did so a few days ago...so will send another then hope all is well.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:20 pm
by Ritterton
Sent after seeing the new bond film, I thought it was a good flick.