IC-Ep 3-Freedom(Everyone else)

Story, Lucius, and Brook are captured by Scaevola and his guards, and only Elizabeth escapes. As the sun rises on the Ides of March, she tries desperately to get help to rescue her friends. However, they have a dilemma: they cannot mount a rescue mission and stop Scaevola's plot at the same time.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Freedom(Everyone else)

Post by Ritterton »

"Well, then, let's return them...here are the knives - take them so we have a few more weapons just in case," Artemis turned over the knife to Elizabeth and continued onward into the cavern as it headed upward.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Caelia lingered, unable to tear herself away from the vicinity of the scrolls; if only she had more time. But Aswan was right; she had only to think of Scaevola and his hideous intentions - Caelia had little inclination to take that dark path. Just as the torchlight of the others was starting to withdraw up the passage, she turned with a sigh and started to follow them.
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Titus whispers a prayer to the gods for protection and follows the others. Beastmen? Like the Minotaur? Fearsome creatures indeed, if they be real.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth handed the knife to Story, and Lucius and Brook retrieved the other two knives. All of them placed them in their sheathes and proceeded up the sloping tunnel with Artemis leading the way. Awan, who carried the other torch, waited for everyone to move past him before bringing up the rear. Before entering the tunnel himself, he touched the flame of his torch to the scrolls on the shelves on either side. The fires streaked down the length of the chamber with twin whooshes, turning Scaevola's secret library to ash. Then he hastened upwards with the rest.

After a short while, the group reached the top of the tunnel, which emerged into a natural cavern with rocky walls. A cave mouth at the far end was covered with vines. Parting them revealed hilly outdoor terrain. It was dark, and the only light besides the torches came faintly from the twinkling stars. While Srory, Lucius, and Brook had no idea how long they had been imprisoned down there or how much time they had spent sleeping, Elizabeth and the rest were all too aware.

"How can this be?" asked Elizabeth. "It was morning when we went down. It can't possibly be night already!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Decius looks up at the sky with alarm. "In my dream, at the same time Caesar was slain, the gods cast a shadow over the daytime sun. I fear that dream really was a prophecy. Titus, you are the expert, what do you say?"
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"In my last vision the gods send me great signs of chaos and destruction after the death of Caesar," Titus replies. "I fear for the Republic. It may mean war of brother against brother. Let us pray that it be not so."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Spurius nodded. "We have had far too much of that already during the last few years," he said. "If Caesar is slain, and we have failed...then at least we can make Scaevola pay for his treason."
Brook Davies,[b]Brook[/b] recalled from her studies that there was an eclipse following [b]Caesar[/b]'s assassination. That eclipse seemed to be what was happening now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook walks up beside Story and whispers:"The eclipse...I've read out this. I think it means it's already happened. Caesar is dead. Unless someone managed to stop the assasination, I guess."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia breathes the fresh air with relief; it'll be a while before she voluntarily goes under ground again. "Maybe this is another dream but we must hurry to Caesar's palace and hope that Germanicus and Nefertiri have been able to keep him safe there. Don't forget what Scaevola said: that he would become an immensely powerful magician should he succeed in killing Caesar."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, we must return to Rome at once!" said Spurius.

"I'm familiar with the area around the villa," said Awan as he reached the cave mouth. "I can guide us back to the road wherever we have come out. Keep the torches lit. We shall need them in the darkness."

The group exited the cave. From the other side, once the vines obscured the entrance, it was no longer visible. They'd never have noticed it had they not known it was there. True to his word, Awan located the villa a short distance away, and he led them back around it to the front. The gates still stood wide open. The road went past it, to the port of Ostia in one direction and to Rome in the other. The horses they had brought were still in the area, except for those that Nefertiri and the others had taken. However, there were not enough for the guards, so the journey back to Rome would be a slower one.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden= 25%[dice]0[/dice]
Fatigued by these recent activities, Titus is barely aware of his surroundings.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

OOC,[b]Decius'[/b] [i]Spot Hidden[/i] is 35% and he roll... [dice]0[/dice]
I wonder if there's a tactful way to go and retrieve my spatha?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Decius Lupus,Off in the distance, coming from the direction of Rome, [b]Decius[/b] could see a horseman galloping furiously as if the hounds of Hades were after him. Focusing his vision, he could see that the man was wearing Senatorial robes that were splashed with red, and he was able to recognize him as [b]Scaevola[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Decius hisses to everyone, "Hide!! Scaevola approaches on horseback, now is our chance to ambush him!" He points out the figure on horseback.

Decius sheathes his khopesh in favour of the bow and arrow and looks about for a good place to ambush the senator.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The best place to hide is within the gates," said Awan. "Two of my men can stand guard outside as if nothing has happened, and the rest of us can go inside and shut them, hiding on either side of the wall. When he enters, we can strike him from behind."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Decius looks to the rest of the party to see if everyone is happy with the plan (but is himself already heading toward the villa).

"Hopefully, the horses are far enough away that he won't notice them in his haste? Quickly though, if we are to do this we must be ready and out of sight. And stay away from that sphinx thing."
OOC,If the opportunity presents, [b]Decius[/b] will "retrieve" his spatha with as much dignity for the deceased as circumstances allow.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia has her scalpel ready and heads towards the gates but will keep clear of the fighting; she will be picking up the pieces afterwards. "Don't expect Scaevola to be unwarned; he may already know of our intrusion." She warns, and is worried about locking themselves inside the villa; there will be no easy escape should it go wrong.
Spot hidden,(25%) roll:71
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

Titus cannot depend on another stroke of luck to guide his hand. He will hide in the shadows as best as he can.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

Spoiler:
Spot hidden roll against a 25 [dice]0[/dice]
Artemis kept the mace at the ready. Now he really wished for one of the pillium, but if there was not other option, brute, blunt force would at least work.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks a bit worried. "Lucius is hurt, he shouldn't fight..." She holds her knife in her hand, looking to her friends.

Return to “Episode 3”