IC-Ep 3-Fate(Germanicus/Claudius/Marcus)

Story, Lucius, and Brook are captured by Scaevola and his guards, and only Elizabeth escapes. As the sun rises on the Ides of March, she tries desperately to get help to rescue her friends. However, they have a dilemma: they cannot mount a rescue mission and stop Scaevola's plot at the same time.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 3-Fate(Germanicus/Claudius/Marcus)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Southwest Gate- Rome, Italia
Mid-morning- March 15, 44 BC

Nefertiri led the way back to Rome at a furious gallop across the excellently crafted and well-used Roman road, her guards following close behind her along with Germanicus, Claudius, and Marcus. They soon reached the gate to Rome and were admitted to the city as the sky began to darken, their horses now exhausted. In an echo of the dream they had, day shortly turned to night.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fate(Germanicus/Claudius/Marcus)

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus was stricken, this was just like the dream he had before, why did the sky strangely get black? The wind crashed against the hood of his cucullus, almost blowing it off, his eye still set in the horizon, he couldn't help but feel confused and intrigued by what was happening before his eyes.

"I don't have a good feeling about this, but I feel like Scaveola will take advantage of the panic and just use it to escape, we need to be cautious, what's the next step?" He said while addressing Nefertiri, with an unusual serious face, showing his determination and slight excitement at the situation.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's just like in the dream..." said Germanicus with wonder.

"We must find Scaevola, and to do that we must find Caesar," said Nefertiri. "When Caesar was slain in your dream, where was he?"
OOC,[b]Germanicus[/b], [b]Claudius[/b], and [b]Marcus[/b], you may all roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

"Are we going to follow clues based on a dream?" Marcus was a little thrown off, but surely desperate situations called for unorthodox methods like these.

"Ok then, let me try and remember." He said addressing Nefertiri, as he closed his eyes and tried to remember to the best of his capabilities.
Idea Roll 80,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Marcus Sabinus,[b]Marcus[/b] recalled that [b]Caesar[/b] had been murdered in his dream in the Theatre of Pompey, in the Forum Romanum. At the point in his dream when the sun had gone dark, [b]Caesar[/b] had already been slain and the killers had already left the scene, which meant that they would no longer be there if the dream held true. However, if [b]Scaevola[/b], who he recalled seeing as one of the murderers in his dream, wanted to return to his villa afterwards, he would most likely do so through this very gate. All they needed to do to find him was to wait in ambush. In fact, if they waited outside the gate, they could use the walls of Rome to prevent [b]Scaevola[/b] from seeing them until he had already left the city, and they could legally bear their weapons and armor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus remembers what his dream was about and starts speaking about it.

"He was killed in the Theater of Pompey, in the Forum Romanum, however, when the sky turned dark he had already been killed and the culprits had left the area. I don't know how much we're going to follow these dreams, but if they became real, Caesar is already gone, but we can still catch Scaveola! He'll most likely pass through this very gate, if we wait outside, slightly out of sight we'll be able to ambush him with our weapons with no fear from the law."

Marcus then took some steps away from everyone before turning around. "I feel like we shouldn't take these dreams for granted, we should split and cover all the options we can, for one I might be able to perform a successful ambush if he comes this way, but maybe someone should still check the Theater, but in the end I'll follow your orders." He said addressing Nefertiri with a slight feeling of unease, he didn't like this much uncertainty, it was driving him insane.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Claudius

Claudius fingers the dagger under his cloak. He feels a longing to use it. "Should I check the Theater master? he asks Germanicus.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Germanicus doesn't respond at first. Tears stream from his eyes and roll down his cheeks. "I fear the dream was true," he said, "and that we are too late to save Caesar - but not too late to avenge him! Claudius, your courage is commendable, but I have a feeling you would make a better ambusher. How many times have I called for you and not noticed your approach until you were right by my side? If the gods are with us, we shall both shed Scaevola's blood with our blades today."

"Someone should check the Theatre of Pompey," said Nefertiri. "You are right, Marcus. Let it be me and my men. They are not exactly subtle, but if Scaevola is there, they shall kill him. If he does slip past us, I will count upon the three of you to stop him. Hide yourselves in the shadow of Rome's wall outside the gate, and make ready. If we do not find Scaevola, we shall return as quickly as possible." With that, her guards put away their weapons and made their way into Rome with her, soon disappearing from sight.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Hide.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

"Understood, come on men, let's do this, finally my dagger will see some action, I won't let him escape." Marcus said as he walked to the gate, ready to cloak himself into the shadows, with a smirk on his face, putting the hood of his cucullus on, and softly touching the handle of his dagger.

"Let's paint your steel red, dear." He whispered to himself as he stepped out of the gate.
Hide: 60,[dice]0[/dice]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Claudius grimaces evilly. He scuttles away and, wrapped in his cloak, is soon invisible against the shadows of the wall. He draws his dagger.
Hide,Hide 80: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/497483]Hide[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]52[/b]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The three men took up their positions in the shadows and waited. Time passed, but without the sun visible in the sky, they could not tell how much. Finally, their quarry emerged through the gate. Scaevola wore has Senatorial robes, but they had been splashed heavily with blood, staining them red. Though it was dark, he could not help but notice Germanicus, for he looked directly at him.

"I have no quarrel with you, Germanicus," he said.

"I haev a quarrel with you!" bellowed Germanicus, drawing his gladius and circling around him so that Claudius and Marcus were behind him. "You have slain a great man, and you are a traitor to Rome!"

"What I did, I did for the Republic."

"You have slain the Republic!"

"No, I have saved it! The tyrant Caesar had to die, but no more blood need be shed today. I helped persuade the others that Caesar alone should be killed."
OOC,[b]Germanicus[/b]'s Hide roll (10% base skill) outside Rome: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Scaevola[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (25% base skill) outside Rome: [dice]1[/dice] If you wish to attack, please roll Sneak. If you succeed, he will not notice you until it is too late, and you may attack and roll damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus took advantage of Scaveola's distraction and sneaked behind him, silently walking in the shadows, holding the handle of his dagger, getting more excited each time he took a step, until he was in position.

"Hello there, old man, hope you don't mind if I bathe my dagger with your blood." Marcus whispered to him just before unsheathing his dagger and attacking.
Sneak: 70,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,I'm sorry I'm not very familiar with the combat rules, can you explain the process to me? Sorry for the inconvenience.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Claudius

Despite clumsily stepping on the hem of his robe, Claudius is able to approach undetected. He readies his dagger to thrust – finally he gets to stab someone! And a high-ranking official too. What joy!
Sneak,Sneak 80: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/497596]Sneak[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]77[/b]
He thrusts, but something is wrong - it has no effect!
Knife,Knife 75: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/497597]Knife[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]99[/b]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,All you need to do to see if you hit is to make a roll on 1d100 against your Knife skill. Since you didn't put any points into it, your base skill level is 25%. If you hit, then you should roll 1D4 to see how much damage you do. If you had a damage bonus, you would also get to add that to the damage, but you don't have one. If you roll a 5 or less, that is a critical hit. If that happens, you get to roll 2D4 damage instead of 1D4. Also, please roll Luck. Once those rolls are made, I'll move things forward and let you know the results of your actions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

OOC,Oh, I didn't know there was a Knife skill, I didn't see it in the template I used for the creation, I would've been better off throwing some kind of small blade since I do have Throw :( but oh well, if another opportunity arises, I'll do that.
Knife 25,[dice]0[/dice]
Luck 70,[dice]1[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'll gladly count that as a Throw roll. I thought you were going to stab him, but throwing a dagger is a perfectly sensible move, especially since you have more. Go ahead and roll damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

OOC,Yes, it was a confusion with the skills, thank you for being so understanding.
Thrown dagger damage,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Marcus's dagger flew true and struck Scaevola in the side - only to seemingly bounce off of him! He barely even noticed. Clauidus crept up behind him, raising his butcher's knife to stab the Senator in the back, but he tripped over his own feet and landed in a heap in front of Scaevola, his knife falling from his hand and skittering away.

"What horrid beast have you summoned?!" cried Scaevola, whirling around and backing away from his assailants. "Oh, it's your slave." He raised his arms in a sweeping gesture, and an obscuring mist rose from the ground in front of them, enveloping them as Germanicus charged forward. Suddenly blinded by the mist, he stumbled over Claudius and was unable to find Scaevola, who was no longer where he had been. "You fool, can't you do anything right?!" he bellowed.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Navigate. The base skill is 10% if it is not on your character sheet. Weapon skills sometimes aren't listed in character sheets, though the official Cthulhu Invictus sheet does include Small Knife.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus was caught off guard by how his knife had seemingly done nothing to Scaveola, something was off about him. Then suddenly the mist started to rise from the ground until he couldn't see a thing. He had a good night eyesight, but this was something completely different.

"Damn, we can't let him escape". He said as he readied his hand over his knives and moved slowly, trying to navigate the mist, attempting to hear or sense anything that could help him find Scaveola.
Navigate: 10,[dice]0[/dice]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Claudius
Navigate,Navigate 10: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/497870]Navigate[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]63[/b]
Claudius fumbles blindly around, trying to find his dropped knife. What manner of sorcery is this? He can’t make out anything.

Return to “Episode 3”